Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,982 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Engineer Invents Air-conditioned Umbrella For Pilgrims - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Engineer Invents Air-conditioned Umbrella For Pilgrims (610 Views)

Fully Air Conditioned Bus Stop Shelters In Dubai (Photos) / Plane Conveying Pilgrims Crash Lands In Niger State / Every Taxi In Abuja Must Be Air-conditioned By October - FCTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engineer Invents Air-conditioned Umbrella For Pilgrims by GhostNG: 11:27am On Jul 20, 2017
A Saudi engineer has invented an air-conditioned umbrella “Mekkah Umbrella” which works by using the solar energy or even batteries to assist pilgrims avoid dehydration and heat exhaustion during Haj season as temperatures soar over 40°C in the holy sites.

Mohammed Hamid Seyegh, a resident of Makkah, was asked by a very close friend and his other engineering colleagues to think of creative ideas to make things easy for pilgrims for Hajj 2017 especially that weather forecasters are expecting a very hot weather this year.

During the official launch of his invention here in Jeddah, Sayegh said "the demand for umbrellas has soared over the past years due the high heat and most of the foreign pilgrims from Europe, Asia and other parts of the world prefer to use umbrellas during their Hajj journey." Seyegh first thought of installing a built-in fan inside the umbrella to keep pilgrims cool during the days of Hajj.

Describing his invention, he said: “This Air-conditioned Umbrella works by using solar energy or by being charged by electricity or batteries. It is lightweight (610 gram only), easy to use, has a two-shaped fan, and easily connected to to any water bottle installed in the canopy with a hand pump to push the water to the sprinklers.” The umbrella, he said, is able to work long hours by spraying water through the pumps. It is characterized by high capacities and is economic in water consumption making it an ideal choice for pilgrims, especially during this year and years which will witness unprecedented rise in temperature.” Raed Matar, marketing and sales manager of “Makkah Umbrella” was happy with the arrival of this umbrella this year which was made in China in order to create an appropriate atmosphere in the holy sites.

Fun Story Here:
http://www.urbanng.com/2017/07/engineer-invents-air-conditioned-umbrella.html?m=1

Re: Engineer Invents Air-conditioned Umbrella For Pilgrims by goldtube(m): 11:30am On Jul 20, 2017
nice
Re: Engineer Invents Air-conditioned Umbrella For Pilgrims by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 20, 2017
Beautiful!
Oya wen e go reach here? And na for muslims alone (na the name make me ask o)?
Re: Engineer Invents Air-conditioned Umbrella For Pilgrims by GhostNG: 11:57am On Jul 20, 2017
Beckino:
Beautiful!

Oya wen e go reach here? And na for muslims alone (na the name make me ask o)?

Kindly read the full story on the Link provided.
According to the engineer anyone can use it !!
Re: Engineer Invents Air-conditioned Umbrella For Pilgrims by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2017
GhostNG:

Kindly read the full story on the Link provided. According to the engineer anyone can use it !!
At least ajebo like me can use it.
Re: Engineer Invents Air-conditioned Umbrella For Pilgrims by GhostNG: 2:18pm On Jul 20, 2017
Beckino:

At least ajebo like me can use it.
grin cool
Re: Engineer Invents Air-conditioned Umbrella For Pilgrims by Teedawg: 3:27pm On Jul 20, 2017
i hope it was also designed to be free ?

(1) (Reply)

A Thread For People Studying In Ukraine And Those Planning To Go There This Year / . / Is My Passport Ok To Apply For Visa ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.