Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy (23310 Views)

ASUU Strike: Students Cry Out, Curse ASUU / KWASU Students Cry Out Against Extortion By School / AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 20, 2017
otokx:

Some of them ate the money their parents gave them for fees, some are owing fees for 2 years.

You could be right there, I see many of them at casablanca .
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2017
cherr:
I'm most oil producing countries, tuition is free

Why does Nigeria Have to be different.

Our politicians spend our economy growing thier pot bellies angry

Most oil producing countries dont have Nigeria'a population. Population size is a small fraction of Nigeria's. The lower the population the better the standard of living.

People should understand this and stop giving birth to battalion of children that they cant cater for.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by DarkHenrie(m): 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2017
They were actually allowed to write the exams so what is their worry now?

it is standard practice everywhere that you don't even get to write the exams in the first place. These people are taking advantage of an already kind situation to make unnecessary noise.

2 Likes

Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by Phi001(m): 3:49pm On Jul 20, 2017
otokx:

The portal was opened for students who did part payment in first semester which was the agreement with your SUG.

A few of you cannot be allowed to drag thousands of others backwards. Even if the portal is reopened majority of you will not be able to pay due to owing fees in excess of 1 year. Quickly go and do a temporal withdrawal of service before that window is closed.
You mean school's SUG?

After the riot last year, Management replaced the then SUG with their own people till the next SUG elections.

The number of students that have not paid yet can't be described as 'A few of you'...

I really can't oppose this third point though.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 20, 2017
DrObum:
So they won't pay their fees and expect the school authority to consult them before acting

After same human beings would gather to whine about our standard of education!

Can they owe school fees abroad

Wetin dis one dey yan so??

If you know Uniport very well, you wont have the guts to spew rubbish!!

This useless VC came in with nonsense policy.... Ohh!! Even after April 7th palava, him still no wan change....

God bless Ajienka!! Best VC, so far!!

Unique Uniport indeed!!

Ndi ara angry
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by tony71(f): 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2017
jaychubi:

Education is not for free except u r on full scholarship. If I am d VC students owing sch fees won't be allowed to write d exams. This is nt time for sentiments, only a thief will try to get something he/she can't pay For
why cant d sch mgt cease their cert wen dey cum 4 collectn den instead of telln dem to withdraw.for God sake this z a federal sch nt even state own institutn.do u knw dat some state sch fees portal is still open till nw?
D vc shld open d portal 4 d student 2 pay cox dey nw ave their fees to pay nd why must he denial dem
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by wisepluto(m): 4:06pm On Jul 20, 2017
How much is the school fees? Let's see how we can be of help.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by Phi001(m): 4:10pm On Jul 20, 2017
wisepluto:
How much is the school fees? Let's see how we can be of help.
The portal is closed...

Even people that have their money can't pay...
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by otokx(m): 4:11pm On Jul 20, 2017
Phi001:

You mean school's SUG?

After the riot last year, Management replaced the then SUG with their own people till the next SUG elections.

The number of students that have not paid yet can't be described as 'A few of you'...

I really can't oppose this third point though.

Impressed with your discourse, insult free.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by otokx(m): 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2017
Phi001:

The portal is closed...

Even people that have their money can't pay...

Very true, the point is timelines even when extended should not be taken for granted. We all should learn to plan and take responsibility for our actions.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by DrObum(m): 4:17pm On Jul 20, 2017
tony71:

bros most sch abroad are free go and make ur findings
Free indeed!
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by Phi001(m): 4:18pm On Jul 20, 2017
otokx:

Very true, the point is timelines even when extended should not be taken for granted. We all should learn to plan and take responsibility for our actions.
That's the thing.

These deadline issues came with this VC, so students are not really used to it.

The last VC(and possibly VCs before him) always kept the portal open. Some persons would only pay their fees when they wanted to graduate because school fees receipts are a compulsory criterion for clearance. Some persons did circumvent the process though.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by otokx(m): 4:29pm On Jul 20, 2017
Phi001:

That's the thing.

These deadline issues came with this VC, so students are not really used to it.

The last VC(and possibly VCs before him) always kept the portal open. Some persons would only pay their fees when they wanted to graduate because school fees receipts are a compulsory criterion for clearance. Some persons did circumvent the process though.

A lot circumvented the process abated by corrupt staff.

This VC had dialogues with both students and their parents/guardians before reaching an agreement. He also was guided by the Senate of the school and even extended the time portal was to be closed. In fact the portal was closed and reopened many times before the first semester exams which in itself was also postponed so why students decided not to comply is simply inexcusable.

The next window is withdrawal from school and again while some students are keying into that majority are feigning ignorance.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by elantraceey(f): 4:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
In Uniben, it's no school, no exam.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by TheVictorious(m): 4:45pm On Jul 20, 2017
Just see the comments on the thread. Nigerian educational system has a very long way to go.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by sirqeeboi(m): 4:57pm On Jul 20, 2017
Is uniport not a federal school? If so the fees is too much shocked shocked just checked the fees now
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by piagetskinner(m): 5:01pm On Jul 20, 2017
but how do y expect to get your result when u don't pay your fees....

things are not done that way...and I think federal schools have certain concessions for students

if they were abroad they will pay twice
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by munas: 5:03pm On Jul 20, 2017
I dont get it...

So the school should allow them to write exams and get results without paying school fee?

In my university days,if you dont pay school fees,automatically you will not have a course form for you adviser to sign,which means no accessment and no results.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by AISOSKID(m): 5:05pm On Jul 20, 2017
Too bad
Click here Taxation
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by zionmade(m): 5:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
Zita55:

Wetin dis one dey yan so??

If you know Uniport very well, you wont have the guts to spew rubbish!!

This useless VC came in with nonsense policy.... Ohh!! Even after April 7th palava, him still no wan change....

God bless Ajienka!! Best VC, so far!!

Unique Uniport indeed!!

Ndi ara angry
u re probably a newbie in uniport. I am a uniport alumni and I will tell u, Ajienka murdered the beauty and liveliness of uniport. That man was a curse to the school. The only thing he achieved was neutralization of Courses a student go an F.
Last time I came to uniport I wondered how wonderful Lale is. Renovation of all hostels, renovation of all old lecture halls. I went into my own EDS and I couldn't believe my eyes. I pity people like u who can't see beyond their noses.

Am in support of the management on this. Any student bent on paying his fees on time will do it. Spare me all those sentiments. Uniport students are the richest in the country amongst federal schools up to 50 percent on various scholarships, community sponsorship etc

2 Likes

Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by acehood907(m): 5:15pm On Jul 20, 2017
Seriously me too I dump school n go back to market, am advising you too to go back to market
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 20, 2017
creamyanne:
Students of Uniport demonstrates peacefully, calling on the Federal Govt to come to their aid against the "NO SCHOOL FEES/ NO RESULT policy implemented by the Vice-chancellor without consent of the students.

Appealing in their numbers for re-opening of the portal which have been shut down despite letters and appeal from the students.

The current situation is that the first semester exam scripts of students who were unable to pay were not marked and currently have no result.
HOD's have even been advised by the school authorities to compel their students to pick deferment forms which ends tomorrow at the cost of #15000.

This issue has caused breakdown of students..we call on Federal Govt and wellmeaning Nigerians to come to our aid

Please when was the portal closed
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by otokx(m): 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2017
sirqeeboi:
Is uniport not a federal school? If so the fees is too much shocked shocked just checked the fees now

Nobody is complaining about the fee which is 45000 for returning students.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by lakesider(m): 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
Which country person dey write exam without paying the necessary fee .
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by otokx(m): 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
lakesider:
Which country person dey write exam without paying the necessary fee .

Nigeria, don't mind me.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by Sleyanya1(m): 5:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
creamyanne:
Thank you great Alumni.
Otokx maybe you are part of the deadline policy makers.

Lol... Because I aired my view?

FYI I'm not. Take a stroll to Ofrima, Department of Geology and ask about my consciousness when it comes to right standing for students.

I was a Department President and gave my all to effect April 11th protest, which saves most of my colleagues and friends from having an extra year at that time.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by Jamzig1(m): 5:48pm On Jul 20, 2017
Hmmm...
While here in Funaab, if you don't pay school fees you can't do course Registration and if you don't do course Registration you can't get exam pass... Without exam pass, you can't write exams. Same is going on here.. just that those affected have not been writing exams since it started 2 weeks ago. Albeit, the Senate issued a sound warning of the deadline before implementing it.
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by ANNOY(m): 6:02pm On Jul 20, 2017
nuelsam:
obviously,u sick!
U better shut up. u lowlife bastard
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by ANNOY(m): 6:04pm On Jul 20, 2017
creamyanne:

I DON'T BLAME YOU.
IF U KNOW HOW MANY NUMBER OF AFFECTED STUDENT ARE LYING SICK IN THE HOSPITAL DUE TODIS ISSUE YOU WON'T TYPE NONSENSE.

EVERLASTING BASTARD...DO YOU HAVE A WAEC CERT.?
Everlasting bastard? that's all what you can say. May ur children children be bastards. Impotent fool

1 Like

Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by Afrok(m): 6:06pm On Jul 20, 2017
I read alot of comments, all I can do is shake my head to some people's ignorance. I graduated from Uniport in 2015, trust me the new VC's policies aren't that friendly.

Just like what is happening in Nigeria now, we only know what we enjoyed when a new gov't comes to power. Prof. Joseph Ajienka, u are the man...
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by Nackzy: 6:22pm On Jul 20, 2017
Lale is the worse VC have ever seen in Nigeria, he is proud, callous , wicked
Re: Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy by adajoe555: 7:38pm On Jul 20, 2017
Lale is not doing well at all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Students Sitting On The Floor For Lecture At UNIJOS (pic) / Professor Ijeoma Uchegbu Elected Cambridge University College's 7th President / Is Fluency In English Not Really A Measure Of Intelligence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.