Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,532 members, 7,801,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea (45574 Views)

What Do You Think About Fede Valverde Foul On Morata In Super Cup Final (photo) / Alvaro Morata Joins Atletico Madrid (Photos) / Chelsea Agrees To Sign Alvaro Morata (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by Jirate(m): 12:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
Chelsea announced yesterday they had agreed a fee with Real Madrid for the services of Morata, which is understood to be around £70million.

This morning he touched down at Heathrow ahead of his medical and was quizzed by Sky Sports reporter Paul Gilmour over the impending move.
When asked why he's signing for Chelsea, Morata said: "Because it's the best club.
"Antonio Conte is one of the best coaches in the world and I'm so happy to work with Antonio."

Morata was wanted by Manchester United earlier this summer but a deal failed to materialise, with the Red Devils signing Romelu Lukaku from Everton instead.

Morata refused to comment on the collapsed deal and is just excited to get started at Chelsea.
When asked why a move to United broke down, he said: "I don't know. The most important thing is I am here, I'm playing for Chelsea. Finally I'm here."

Morata revealed he had spoken to Chelsea defender and Spain team-mate Cesar Azpilicueta before agreeing to the move.
"I spoke with Azpilicueta. He told me everything was OK here," Morata said.
The Blues have been in the market for a striker for the entirety of the transfer window and missed out on Lukaku.
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is in need of a new frontman after telling last season's top scorer Diego Costa he can leave the club.
Borussia Dortmund's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Torino's Andrea Belotti and Manchester City's Sergio Aguero have all been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge.

But Morata is the chosen one and looks set to complete his switch to west London in the coming days.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/830900/Alvaro-Morata-to-Chelsea-Striker-Man-Utd-Transfer-News

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by Jirate(m): 12:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
I Love The Blues,
One Spanish striker for another, a “wrestling” one for a “footballing” one is Good Business,
Chelsea are the Best in the Game of buying Good Footballers. I have always wanted this Guy in Chelsea since I am of the informed opinion that he has more European Club football Exposure than Lukaku.
Moreover, whatever Man U can Do, Chelsea can do it better. This was one player they just were unable to Sign and now the Guy is on his way to the Bridge, while the one , no die hard Chelsea fan really want back, Lukaku; was bought by Man U at a higher prize. 75 Billion Million
Come next season, football will be really interesting from top clubs like Chelsea, Man U etc, but I am with the Blues all the Way to the Top once again.
wink wink wink wink wink

178 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by Burger01(m): 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
How would his revelation help the progress of this country angry

7 Likes

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by EmekaBlue(m): 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
UP CHELSEA the pride of london...KTBFFH

29 Likes

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
I know only one Chelsea; Chelsea Dry Gin

43 Likes

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by Leonbonapart(m): 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
Welcome boy ... but the money too much
Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by Iloveafrica: 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
Good morning sir/ma
please, I fractured my wrist and a cast was placed on it since 6 weeks ago.
my concern now is that, I heard a lot of people saying "An arm cast becomes itchy whenever it's healing" but in my own case, for the past 6 weeks that the arm cast has been there, I've never felt any itches on the wrist.

What could be the cause?

2 Likes

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by Lanspower(m): 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
ok
Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by nnamdi7160: 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2017
Watching
Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by Freeman59: 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2017
Good
Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by Adeoba10(m): 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2017
Season yi ma badt gan. I can see them praying for top 4. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by dakeskese(m): 12:39pm On Jul 20, 2017
Arsenal has a better team than this bunch of lucky lads.
Arsenal for life jare!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by VIPERVENOM(m): 12:39pm On Jul 20, 2017
lol. some Chelsea fans who said morata won't do anything in the PL wen man utd were after him are now bending mouth to "he's the best striker unlike lukaku". Good luck to him sha.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by IamPatriotic(m): 12:39pm On Jul 20, 2017
If the reason isn't about money, please don't bother saying it.

1 Like

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by TIDDOLL(m): 12:39pm On Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the physical strength league..Hit the gym Chico!!

Not happy we missed out on you doh...
PEREZ the betrayer will come knocking at our door very soon...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by GregJo: 12:39pm On Jul 20, 2017
Funny how Morata was thought to be a United player and ended up in Chelsea, whereas Lukaku was destined for Chelsea initially, ended up in United.

Gonna be interesting season in terms of strikers rivalry.

The golden boot race will be amazing - Lukaku, Laca, Morata, Kane, Aguero, G.Jesus.

13 Likes

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by Philinho(m): 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
oh my God up Chelsea. unlike Lukaku who can't score against big clubs....Morata scored even against Madrid... welcome

12 Likes

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by davibid: 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
Players just dey cost any how

Imagine
£70m for Morata,
£75m for Lukaku
£50m Walker

as in how now

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by AmoryBlacq: 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
On behalf of all Chelsea fans nairaland chapter, I specially welcome you to our great club!

With you and every other Chelsea fc players, we are going to lift both the English premier league and UEFA champions league come 2017/2018 season!

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by oviejnr(m): 12:41pm On Jul 20, 2017
UncutSk:
For manure fans
For chelshit fans grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by magoo10(m): 12:41pm On Jul 20, 2017
Chelsea all the way!!

4 Likes

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by UncutSk(m): 12:42pm On Jul 20, 2017
For manure fans

15 Likes

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by histemple: 12:42pm On Jul 20, 2017
wHyyyyyyyyyY:
I know only one Chelsea; Chelsea Dry Gin

That is the one He is signing for.
Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by Gtoosmooth(m): 12:42pm On Jul 20, 2017
thanks to God we are finally buying a better striker and not a better fighter...... I can't wait to see him wear the Nike designed blue Chelsea jersey......

11 Likes

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by omooba969(m): 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
Chelsea fans are in for a shocker this coming season. grin They will understand why Morata was always on the bench @benabeu. cool

2 Likes

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by Jirate(m): 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
Philinho:
oh my God up Chelsea. unlike Lukaku who can't score against big clubs....Morata scored even against Madrid... welcome

That is my Guy....we are all excited. Honestly i am cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
histemple:

That is the one He is signing for.
what are they signing him for?

1 Like

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by ruggedtimi(m): 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
The moment morata says goodbye to his madrid teammates

Morata's deal was the first deal i have seen chelsea's website announce officially before personal terms and medical.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by bakynes(m): 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
Once Arsenal gets Thomas Lemar and keeps Sanchez then this season will be a 4 club horse race two from London(Chelsea and Arsenal) and two from Manchester (City and United)

7 Likes

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by GregJo: 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
Philinho:

Lukaku is younger, more physically gifted, has been playing longer at the top level, has scored at least 10 league goals in 5 consecutive PL seasons, scored 25 league goals last season, all while never having the benefit of playing for a top team.

At the age of 19/20 he scored 17 league goals playing for West Brom.

This is also ignoring that Lukaku's integrated into English culture, and fluent in multiple languages.

Morata has not had a single exceptional season

7 Likes

Re: Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea by Eastwest: 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
ifeanyi028:
talk of winning and making money call or whatsapp me with the number in the picture below.....
how much

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Victor Moses Suffered The Murder Of His Parents At 11 / 'Manchester Is Red' - Pogba Celebrates Man Utd's Derby Win On Instagram / Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.