Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed (1574 Views)

25 Most Expensive World Currencies In 2019 / Top 10 Weakest Currencies In The World 2017 / How The World's Currencies Got Their Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed by aragon4realz(m): 8:54pm On Jul 20, 2017
Here are pictures of some naira currencies in my personal antique achieve which Nigerian has forgotten.
1kobo,10kobo,50kobo. 1naira
Will not even sale em to anyone at 500k naira

Re: extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
Especially that 10kobo,I do used it to by kulikuli to drink garri back then, grin
Re: extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed by Friedyokes: 8:57pm On Jul 20, 2017
Extinct
Re: extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed by aragon4realz(m): 9:29pm On Jul 20, 2017
Hemcy:
Especially that 10kobo,I do used it to by kulikuli to drink garri back then, grin
I hope you're not still single...you should be married by now

1 Like

Re: extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed by aragon4realz(m): 9:32pm On Jul 20, 2017
Friedyokes:
Extinct
thanks...it's a typo error
Re: extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed by pbethel: 9:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
OMG op thanks for bringing ds. A reminder indeed
Re: extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed by hibee4uall(m): 11:45pm On Jul 20, 2017
Gone are those days...

ANYWAY, PLS CHECK MY SIGNATURE. THANKS FOR DOING SO
Re: extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed by SmartMugu: 3:55am On Jul 21, 2017
YukHub:
Back in the days When the naira hard value.. Not now that buhari has killed it and render it useless :-/
Yes, the Naira hard value grin

1 Like

Re: extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed by aragon4realz(m): 6:25am On Jul 21, 2017
pbethel:
OMG op thanks for bringing ds. A reminder indeed
you're welcome...what do you think will be the reaction of a bank c.c when I tell him I want to deposit 1naira 51kobo into my account lol
Re: extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed by supereagle(m): 7:07am On Jul 21, 2017
YukHub:
Back in the days When the naira had value.. Not now that buhari has killed it and render it useless

http://yukhub.com

Be informed Naira devaluation started with Babanginda.
Re: extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed by YukHub: 7:11am On Jul 21, 2017
supereagle:

Be informed Naira devaluation started with Babanginda.
I know.. But what i mean is that this buhari regime own was the worst in the devaluation of the naira
Re: extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed by stagger: 10:04am On Jul 21, 2017
That's not the original N1 note. This is the new colour issued by Buhari in 1984 to checkmate all the money politicians of that era were hiding in cartons and inside their caps. The original N1 note was pure red in colour.

Pre 1984: N5 note was green, the colour of the pre-polymer N20 note.
N1 note was red, the colour of the post 1984, pre-polymer N10 note.
N20 was the colour of the pre-1984 N1 note.

I saw these notes in my dad's wallet as a kid. The highest I ever handled as a 7 year old was N1 which was given to me by one of my dad's friends. Of course, my parents "kept" the money for me as it was too much money for a 7 year old back then.

OP, there was a 25 kobo coin if I am not mistaken.
Re: extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed by aragon4realz(m): 11:44am On Jul 21, 2017
stagger:
That's not the original N1 note. This is the new colour issued by Buhari in 1984 to checkmate all the money politicians of that era were hiding in cartons and inside their caps. The original N1 note was pure red in colour.

Pre 1984: N5 note was green, the colour of the pre-polymer N20 note.
N1 note was red, the colour of the post 1984, pre-polymer N10 note.
N20 was the colour of the pre-1984 N1 note.

I saw these notes in my dad's wallet as a kid. The highest I ever handled as a 7 year old was N1 which was given to me by one of my dad's friends. Of course, my parents "kept" the money for me as it was too much money for a 7 year old back then.

OP, there was a 25 kobo coin if I am not mistaken.
yeah there was... someone stole that from me...it has the shape of a polygon and a crested symbol of corn on it
Re: extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed by aragon4realz(m): 6:05pm On Aug 12, 2017
Re: extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed by Okaakoko(m): 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2017
Me I follow them spend 10 kobo and 25kobo
Re: extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed by aragon4realz(m): 8:15pm On Aug 12, 2017
Okaakoko:
Me I follow them spend 10 kobo and 25kobo
you sure
Re: extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed by Okaakoko(m): 11:48pm On Aug 12, 2017
aragon4realz:
you sure
Very sure, especially that 25 kobo
Re: extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed by aragon4realz(m): 12:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
Okaakoko:
Very sure, especially that 25 kobo
hope you're married now...if you're not get doubled
Re: extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed by KinzyeWriter(m): 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2017
Lalasticlala this one na your food o shocked
Re: extinct Naira Currencies Which You Might Never Knew Existed by Okaakoko(m): 2:36pm On Aug 13, 2017
aragon4realz:
hope you're married now...if you're not get doubled
Very soon sir

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Have been Scammed (crying) / Top Five 100% Nigerian Brands That Have Stood The Test Of Time / What Should My Company Inform SCUML Of Doing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.