Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Sad About My Gpa. Advise Me Please. Save My Career - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sad About My Gpa. Advise Me Please. Save My Career (1122 Views)

Timi Adelakun Breaks South Broward School's Records With A Record-Setting GPA / First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. / Unknown Advantages Of Having A Low GPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sad About My Gpa. Advise Me Please. Save My Career by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 20, 2017
Greetings to ladies and gentlemen. My 1st semester result just came out, honestly I bless God, no carry over but it's not okay at all, second class lower. I am a direct entry student ND am regretting coming to this university. Imagine, assignments of over 30, they will be giving u 10 upon all the typing and so on. Especially department like bus administration of which I am offering mgt and account too was bad. The school didn't release the grade by subject, they only posted GPA. Am very sad ooo. Please advise me on how to improve coz I read so much in semester but d result is bad. I read in d midnight and day. Spend hours in library reading.

PLEASE ADVISE MI ON HOW TO GET A BETTER GPA. WHEN TO READ AND HOW TO READ. I was one of the best in my department when I was still in Polytechnic but here in the university, I am nowhere gud not to talk or better. Please advise me
Re: Sad About My Gpa. Advise Me Please. Save My Career by Damsman10(m): 11:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
Op it's always like dat in first semesters, my only wish for you is that you won't give up.. try to always envisage the light at the end of the tunnel - let it be your motivation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sad About My Gpa. Advise Me Please. Save My Career by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 20, 2017
Damsman10:
Op it's always like dat in first semesters, my only wish for you is that you won't give up.. try to always envisage the light at the end of the tunnel - let it be your motivation

Feel like giving up
Re: Sad About My Gpa. Advise Me Please. Save My Career by delishpot: 11:59pm On Jul 20, 2017
Too much stressful reading causes wahala too. I had lots of Ds, Es and 2 Fs to garnish when I was Jacking like a donkey and just like you, I was a DE student too. I would start reading like mad when tests or exams are close and that really stressed me out. On the said Day I will chew my biro cover. I would forget some small details but of you mention one point, the rest come flooding in. But I did not want to ask questions because if caught, I would prolly be sent out of the hall or school. So I re strategized, I started reading everyday what I learnt for the day to keep the memory fresh in my head. On weekends I read from start to finish lectures for the week and if time permits me I read from the beginning of that session. That was how I managed to get the bulkload and back log off my neck. Exam and tests were just for revission instead of for cramming. I never got a C afterwards. Was all As and Bs oh sorry I got a C cool just 1. I managed to leave school with 2:1

2 Likes

Re: Sad About My Gpa. Advise Me Please. Save My Career by felaliveson: 12:01am On Jul 21, 2017
Damsman10:

It's always like what (BIG LIE). Ops u better double ur HARDWORK because those with upper still searching for job.

Re: Sad About My Gpa. Advise Me Please. Save My Career by zionmade(m): 4:03am On Jul 21, 2017
forgive me to digress a little
using all ur time to read, for academic purposes or putting all ur energy in getting good results without looking for how to learn one profitable skill or the other while in school is more dangerous than Low cgpa.
U can ask those first class or 2.1 graduates out there they can explain better
Re: Sad About My Gpa. Advise Me Please. Save My Career by Nobody: 5:48am On Jul 21, 2017
Just like someone rightly wrote, it's always so in your first semester as a DE student. I had similar experience too when I first got to unilag. I wanted to die, survival was hard, academics was demanding, very funny things happened and I lost that semester to poor academic grades. Then, I returned to the drawing board, tried to know where exactly I got it wrong after enormous devotion I invested in studying. I later realised u don't need to kill urself studying to get good grades. The issue affected almost 80% of us who were offered the DE admission but today, majority of us a back,better and stronger. A few couldn't cope and keep going down every semester.

Firstly, put away the mentality that you were best in ur previous sch and see urself as a complete novice in the new sy stem.

Never ever forsake the gathering of ur brethren, among them lie that information that can save u in ur next test or exam. Inofrmation is key in the university, not ridiculous overnight reading. Have good friends who are doing fine, they would influence you too.

Read ur lecturers well before your notes or books. If u don't know ur lecturers, you will fail. Know what they want and simply give it to them..

Meet your predecessors, not the very best among them but the average ones who have had their fair share of failure in those course. They are likely to advise u based on their personal experience, the very intelligent ones will simply tell u "the courses are not hard, simply read and pass", but the average ones have better experience to share. Learn from their history.

Have it at the back of ur mind that there is absolutely no room for a second mistake because if it happens again , u're tending towards a poor cgpa,which has adverse effects.

Don't mind those who wouldn'tunderstand what you are going through,they would tell u "double ur jacking, read like mad", those are lies. Simply read smart and be fine.

Goodluck.

4 Likes

Re: Sad About My Gpa. Advise Me Please. Save My Career by sheettle(m): 7:52am On Jul 21, 2017
Bro, chill! I had the same experience as a DE student. I wanted to quit when I had 2.90 in first semester. I re-strategised my mode of studying, changed those friends that I roll with, and make friends with those average students a year ahead of me. My CGPA is now 3.95, still in 300level second semester though.
Re: Sad About My Gpa. Advise Me Please. Save My Career by delishpot: 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2017
sheettle:
Bro, chill! I had the same experience as a DE student. I wanted to quit when I had 2.90 in first semester. I re-strategised my mode of studying, changed those friends that I roll with, and make friends with those average students a year ahead of me. My CGPA is now 3.95, still in 300level second semester though.

True, I also cut the time I spend with friends I used to roll with. I did not change them tho just started spending more time with people like me who have same mindset.

(1) (Reply)

Which Of These Universities Should I Pick For Jupeb Program / 1940:Watch Soviet Scientists Bring A Bodyless Dog's Head Back To Life / NASU Strike Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.