Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,188 members, 7,807,638 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Online Publishing? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Online Publishing? (2026 Views)

FREE Online Publishing Email Guide / Online Publishing/ Submissions/ Editing In Nigeria / Is Authorhouse Publishing Genuine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Online Publishing? by cammax7(m): 3:23pm On Feb 07, 2007
I need to know the pros and cons of online publishing. My first book is finally ready, its titled 505 LOGICAL SENTENCES and i wnt to first publish it online since I hear its profitable to do so.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Online Publishing? by Chionle(m): 2:34pm On Mar 02, 2007
Hi,

Congratulations on your book. It is quite commendable to write one. I have written some too. One is being sold at ebay and the other is online at http://www.horsecaringmadesimple.com

Talking about online publication, I must say it is a lot cheaper than offline publication. Moreover, it enables you to test the popularity of the book. If the popularity is high, you will receive offers from publishing firms and that means more money for you.

In a nutshell, these are the steps to online publishing:

1. Convert your book to a digital downloadable format like .pdf or .exe

2. Register a related domain name $1-8 per year.

3. Design a minisite for it.

4. Write an order pulling sales copy.

5. Host your book and minisite.

6. Market it. Otherwise you wont make any sales.

Search around the internet, you will get information on free pdf writers etc. There are also sites that offer free hosting but it doesnt look professional. However if you are operating on a budget, you may use them.

Good Luck

Chionle
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Online Publishing? by cammax7(m): 8:36am On Mar 03, 2007
hey thanks. friends and family members who have read the book however has put me to more work, advising i make it 1001 logical sentences instead of 505, i will try out your instructions once i'm through.

(1) (Reply)

Dear Tsitsi, My Brother-in-law Has Gone Mad Again! / Ebo Yemoja (the Mermaid’s Sacrifice) / Latent Alpha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.