Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,994 members, 7,806,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Online Scam And Fraud Alert - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Online Scam And Fraud Alert (1978 Views)

Alibaba Says Nollywood Was Built With Money Gotten From Fraud / 13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire / Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Online Scam And Fraud Alert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Online Scam And Fraud Alert by gbenga9ja(m): 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2010
Hey People,

The Bible says we should be our brother's keeper, that's why i am here to safeguard you, i don't want anyone losing his/her hard earned money to Bastard Fraudsters that do not have the fear of God in their mind at all.

I joined/registered for Who wants to be a Millionaire online website to play the games online but i joined with my Hotmail, i couldn't use my yahoo email because i had so much junk in it and who knows, i might win some money someday, they might notify me thru email, that's why i didn't use my yahoo.

Anyway, i checked my yahoo email yesterday only to see who wants to be a millionaire's email to me, the first thing that came to my mind was that i gave them my hotmail for registration not yahoo so why are they sending messages to my yahoo well, i checked it out, the subject was "my email account has been nominated to participate in Who wants to be a Millionaire Live at the Studio", you should have seen my happy face, this is what the email said below

Dear Friend,(If it was really them, i have registered, they will call me by my name Gbenga, not Dear Friend)

We are contacting you to inform you that on 09 January 2010 "Who Want To Be A Millionaire" have come to the agreement of playing online

We wish to inform you that your email account has been nominated to participate in Who Want To Be A Millionaire

Therefore we implore you to verify your email and any other information that come with the verification

CLICK VERIFY TO BE ONE OF MILLIONAIRES

After you have submitted your message, check for a response within 6 hours. you will receive a pin.

Thank you.

Who Wants To be a Millionaire?

On clicking verify, a separate website came up, imagine, asking me for my personal details, what really made me know it was a fraud website was that they were asking for my ATM card no, expiry date, pin no, haba, then the one that did it for me was after asking for my email address,they asked for password, i was like, you guys think say na be thief, me sef i be armed robber but forget man, some fools will still fall for it because it fucking looked like their website, with the logo and all, that is why i am here to warn those fools, beware, don't register anything on this website below, they want to rip you off your money and make you miserable.

http://filmmisery.com/reviews/millionaire_login.htm

They will go forge an ATM card with your info and sorry o, you will lose all your money. A word is enough for the Clever and wise pickin

Odabo.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Online Scam And Fraud Alert by faozidion: 2:51pm On Feb 09, 2010
Thanks for the piece of advice shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked smiley

(1) (Reply)

What Can I Do With My Daarsat Decoder / Nollywood In The Future / Luke Cage Discussion : No Spoilers!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.