Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,159 members, 7,807,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

4 Things Igbo People Like. - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 4 Things Igbo People Like. (44996 Views)

A Brief Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica / See 10 Interesting Facts About Igbo People / Red Ibo In Jamaica: A Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by Ashley86400: 2:54pm On Jul 21, 2017
deepwater:
OP what is the meaning of this thread

Gatherings
Yoruba women like heavy gatherings, owambe things, they would block the road completely, kill big cows and drink enough hydraulic soup to celebrate their wards who have just completed apprenticeship in carpentry and hairdressing without having money to rent a shop for their practice afterwards.

The Women
Their women are so timid, at the mention of olopa (police) they run away, and hide at their backyards shouting ye! ye! mokun o! ọlọrun gbà mi!!!

Food
Yoruba women are skillful in inoculating their kids with hydraulic soups immediatly after birth, most times, they turn the innocent child upside down, head strapped withing their fleshy thighs, nostrils blocked, and mouth wide open to inoculate hydraulics into the infant while s/he gasp for the breath of life (this makes me cry cry cry cry)

Business
Yoruba women have no business acumen, all they do is kiri (hawk) akara elepo and pàkúté on the streets of Nige[b]ria

NYASH
They have big big nyash, but it is always dirty and smelling undecided
Oga wetin?
Who hurt you?
Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by Ngozi123(f): 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2017
emmymdk:

Is your head paining you?

Don't mind him. It's common for these Igbo haters to have selective amnesia; I actually think that both come hand-in-hand.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by hollywater: 2:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
sukkot:
they likey the indonesian powder and okija shrine cheesy
Ewure
Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by Icon79(m): 2:59pm On Jul 21, 2017
Interesting....

O pari

Narldon:
MONEY AND LAND!!
Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by handsomebanana(m): 3:01pm On Jul 21, 2017
emmymdk:

Magi ma ezi na ulo gi...

Coughs.

Me and my family!!

bishi wá muyan mi kòfẹ ki o si kú lori o
Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by deepwater(f): 3:02pm On Jul 21, 2017
Aeebeecee:

u dey vex o...bt the way you dey vex so e be like 1 don collect ur bf b4 abi?......oya take biscuit, no cry again...u hear grin

grin grin grin grin for where, i dey pepper them steady, na me marry their brother self grin grin grin grin
Perfect decision, i am bad like that.
Hope ur biscuit is not produced in Ibadan angry
How u dey wink

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by Nathanieloo7(m): 3:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
money,money nd money thats wat an igbo man love

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by OkoYibo: 3:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
Ngozi123:

I personally don't really mind when you guys show your disdain for Ndigbo as I couldn't care less about a non-Igbo Nigerian's opinion about us. However, I don't like blatant lies. Anti-Igbo sentiments have been present since the genesis of this sink hole that you call a country. It's actually the only constant I've seen in Nigeria since its independence- corruption, as we now know it, only really came to the force post-civil war Nigeria.

If you doubt me, watch this video. This sentiment was echoed in the West as well as the North btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSosECbcmM

Do you know that the Sarduana was killed by some Igbo soldiers?

Are you aware that after his death, the Igbos in the north taunted the northerners calling them names and saying that their Sarduana cried like a baby before he was killed?

You killed the Prime Minister, Premier of the North, Premier of the West, but allowed Azikiwe travel.

Another Igbo man came into power, but he refused to try the coup plotters because of this foolish clannishness that has ruined Igboland.

You talk of corruption, but Festus Okotie-Eboh introduced the idea of kickbacks into Nigeria.

Also about corruption, Azikiwe used funds meant for the Eastern region to set up his private ACB Bank.

Look at how your neighbors in the SS are denying you daily and you have turned into a national laughing stock. Keep blaming others for your woes and sowing seeds of bitterness, you'll all reap it in full.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by iamrealdeji(m): 3:04pm On Jul 21, 2017
I'm Yoruba but let me tell you what I know about Igbos:
They love Ozoh title especially ozoh society,they can do money rituals just to be inducted to the Ozoh society.
They love chieftaincy title,they want to be called Akokalia 1 of Onitsha or gburugburu of Owerri.
They love money and can go any length to make money.
They love drinking beer.
They're not that religious
They don't really respect their elders that much
They're very nice people
They eat a lot
They're very strong physically

They can spend any amount while gambling,they spend on gambling much more than Yorubas

now,about Yorubas,who told you only Igbos love proverbs. Yorubas love proverbs maybe as much as Igbo's or more than Igbos. anytime my dad is scolding my siblings and I,he will always say proverbs and ask us to translate it,if we can't,he would say "and you boys are Yorubas" then continue with his scolding.
also,Igbo's love drinks like palmwine but Yoruba's have any drink while in a meeting than water,soft drinks,etc and Yoruba's don't eat kolanuts during discussions like Igbos. maybe cultural Yoruba's o,but i have never even drank palmwine before and I don't like kolanut.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by handsomebanana(m): 3:04pm On Jul 21, 2017
thepreacher0011:
Settle your bills today..

You retarded dumbass fūcktard.

Get da hell outta here.

Vagabond idiot with ur stupid head
Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by GistFullGround: 3:04pm On Jul 21, 2017
MONEY RITUAL

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by emmymdk: 3:04pm On Jul 21, 2017
handsomebanana:

Bítch

Your sisters name?
Nice one!

And your Mom?

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by OkoYibo: 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
emmymdk:

Is your head paining you?

Here's what I posted about Igbos insulting those better than them.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by Trunquejnr(m): 3:06pm On Jul 21, 2017
Freedom
Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by handsomebanana(m): 3:08pm On Jul 21, 2017
emmymdk:

Your sisters name?
Nice one!

And your Mom?

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahaa

idọti igbaya

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by faizsanusi(m): 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2017
Beer � �

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by Aeebeecee: 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2017
deepwater:

grin grin grin grin for where, i dey pepper them steady, na me marry their brother self grin grin grin grin
Perfect decision, i am bad like that.
Hope ur biscuit is not produced in Ibadan angry
How u dey wink

now i get you..you nah badt babe, mi dey fear you.
abeg make i chop my biscuit jejely
Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by emmymdk: 3:11pm On Jul 21, 2017
OkoYibo:

Do you know that the Sarduana was killed by some Igbo soldiers?

Are you aware that after his death, the Igbos in the north taunted the northerners calling them names and saying that their Sarduana cried like a baby before he was killed?

You killed the Prime Minister, Premier of the North, Premier of the West, but allowed Azikiwe travel.

Another Igbo man came into power, but he refused to try the coup plotters because of this foolish clannishness that has ruined Igboland.

You talk of corruption, but Festus Okotie-Eboh introduced the idea of kickbacks into Nigeria.

Also about corruption, Azikiwe used funds meant for the Eastern region to set up his private ACB Bank.

Look at how your neighbors in the SS are denying you daily and you have turned into a national laughing stock. Keep blaming others for your woes and sowing seeds of bitterness, you'll all reap it in full.

Ignorance kills faster than Aids!
You are a product of Misinformed and Outdated Entity!

I forgive you Son! Go and be properly informed and return... Until then, if you ever quote anyone was a useless information you are feed and Breed with... I will castrate you!

Kinji?

4 Likes

Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by iamrealdeji(m): 3:11pm On Jul 21, 2017
handsomebanana:

Coughs.

Me and my family!!

bishi wá muyan mi kòfẹ ki o si kú lori o
what type of Yoruba is this bro? this is not pure Yoruba at all,I can't even comprehend what you typed except a little towards the last words,sounds like Ekiti or Okun yoruba

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by bonifieldstun(m): 3:12pm On Jul 21, 2017
Taarr I disagree Four things Igbo people likes are : I
: P
: O
: B gimme lala if am wrong
Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by emmymdk: 3:14pm On Jul 21, 2017
OkoYibo:

Here's what I posted about Igbos insulting those better than them.

And what were you doing?

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by MARKETfund: 3:14pm On Jul 21, 2017
iamrealdeji:
I'm Yoruba but let me tell you what I know about Igbos:
They love Ozoh title especially ozoh society,they can do money rituals just to be inducted to the Ozoh society.
They love chieftaincy title,they want to be called Akokalia 1 of Onitsha or gburugburu of Owerri.
They love money and can go any length to make money.
They don't really respect their elders that much
They're very nice people
They eat a lot
They're very strong physically

They can spend any amount while gambling,they spend on gambling much more than Yorubas

now,about Yorubas,who told you only Igbos love proverbs. Yorubas love proverbs maybe as much as Igbo's or more than Igbos. anytime my dad is scolding my siblings and I,he will always say proverbs and ask us to translate it,if we can't,he would say "and you boys are Yorubas" then continue with his scolding.
also,Igbo's love drinks like palmwine but Yoruba's have any drink while in a meeting than water,soft drinks,etc and Yoruba's don't eat kolanuts during discussions like Igbos. maybe cultural Yoruba's o,but i have never even drank palmwine before and I don't like kolanut.

Balanced contribution.
Never get caught in the web of tribal slur.

BTW, am Igbo

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by Abujalandlord: 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2017
[[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
Money

Money

Money

Money
Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by pastorlams(m): 3:16pm On Jul 21, 2017
pls let's not go tribal mode here. Just appreciate the Igbos, it's always great having them around. Beautiful people.
Check out the Pastor Lams Blog for great blessed contents about life generally on- http://pastorlams..com.ng/?m=1
Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by room089: 3:16pm On Jul 21, 2017
Anywhere they see an igbo man or woman outside south-east, he or she is automatically their brother or sister even when they are being defrauded.

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by permit(m): 3:16pm On Jul 21, 2017
embarassed to some persons quict actin schizophrenic, intrudin from one thread to another fostering schisms add no value to ur life but become renegade
Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by gloriousprogidy(m): 3:18pm On Jul 21, 2017
deepwater:
OP what is the meaning of this thread

Gatherings
Yoruba women like heavy gatherings, owambe things, they would block the road completely, kill big cows and drink enough hydraulic soup to celebrate their wards who have just completed apprenticeship in carpentry and hairdressing without having money to rent a shop for their practice afterwards.

The Women
Their women are so timid, at the mention of olopa (police) they run away, and hide at their backyards shouting ye! ye! mokun o! ọlọrun gbà mi!!!

Food
Yoruba women are skillful in inoculating their kids with hydraulic soups immediatly after birth, most times, they turn the innocent child upside down, head strapped withing their fleshy thighs, nostrils blocked, and mouth wide open to inoculate hydraulics into the infant while s/he gasp for the breath of life (this makes me cry cry cry cry)

Business
Yoruba women have no business acumen, all they do is kiri (hawk) akara elepo and pàkúté on the streets of Nigeria

NYASH
They can have Nyash for Africa, this is obviously the resultant effect of hydraulic soup inoculation. they have big big watery nyash unlike their igbo counterparts who have firm, thick, water melon hard,and onion curvy butts, Yoruba own is always dirty and smelling undecided

Salutation
They salute with every happenings;Ẹ ku ibalopo, Ẹ ku abọ, Ẹ ku aarọ, Ẹ ku ọsan, Ẹ ku strike, Ẹ ku subsidy, Ounjẹ ajẹye o, Ko to ọpẹ, Ẹ ku Ayọ Ajinde, Ẹ ku Ayọ Keresimesi ati Ọdun Tuntun

on point.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by nopains: 3:23pm On Jul 21, 2017
Akalia:
Ibos are very courageous and daring but their Achilles heels is lack of collective effort (unity and oneness)

but now unity of purpose is being shown through the agitation for Biafra under the leadership of NK they ( Igbos) are been taunted as miscreants being brainwashed by Nnamdi Kanu. anyways let it be known to all our traducers that Igbos have decided to build their house upon the rock of Biafra and the gate of the hell fire shall never prevail against it. we are very formidable more than before and this is just the beginning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by bighugelongDCK9: 3:28pm On Jul 21, 2017
how about developing
Re: 4 Things Igbo People Like. by veraponpo(m): 3:30pm On Jul 21, 2017
Opinionated:
Igbo Kwenu! The Igbo people are an ethnic group native to the southeastern and some part of the south central Nigeria. They are an interesting people with a culturally rich heritage and are indeed admirable. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 4 things Igbo people like.

Gatherings

For their gatherings, the Igbos prefer a silent and quiet environment. Some might assume that this might make their gatherings dull, but this is totally not the case. The Igbos have a way of making themselves happy even amidst the silence and quietness through some philosophical type discussions, sharing drinks and basically privately relating within themselves, family members and a couple of friends.

The Women

Igbo women are typically raised to be bold and somewhat comfortable with their sexuality. If an Igbo woman likes a man, it will show in no time in the way she relates with him and behaves around him. However, if an Igbo woman doesn’t like a man, she is unlikely to turn him down harshly rather she will continue to be a friend to the man, pet his head, keep him at arm’s length while still giving him just the right amount of attention to know she appreciates his affection towards her.

Proverbs

There is hardly a Nigerian tribe that loves the use of proverbs like the Igbos. The use of proverbs seems to be embedded in the very foundation of the culture of the Igbo people. Even when there are fights, especially amongst themselves, they are not accustomed to getting physical. They will typically raise their voices and very sternly make their points and end by delivering threats to one another which are usually in form of proverbs before walking away.

Business

The Igbos are arguably the most business savvy tribe in the country. When it comes to entrepreneurial ventures, they are known to take the front seat. There is a common saying: “Give an Igbo man one thousand naira and he will make a million out of it”. Though this might not be true in every circumstance, you have to admit that there is hardly a group of people more business and entrepreneurially inclined as the Igbos. This is because Igbos seem to be the ones with the larger propensity for risk taking that business and entrepreneurial ventures involve.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/4-things-igbo-people-like/

If I hear? Quite what?

Except there are different types of Igbo?

The ones that I know will always make noise shouting Onnem! whatever that means. Chineeke!

When they are drinking beers, come and hear noise with words like Onyeze!!, Onye gburugburu!, Omalicha!, so what do you mean by silence?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ubang, Cross River, Nigerian Village Where Men & Women Speak Different Languages / Photos Ooni Of Ife Before The Crown With His beautiful Daughter / Great Yoruba Gospel Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.