Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. (4325 Views)

Know Your Birthday Twinny!!!!! / How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? / Your Birthday Month Is Your Husband (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2017
Can you break up friendship simply because someone forgot it was your birthday?.
Have a friend whose birthday was earlier this month but due to some exigencies it didn't occur to me it was his birthday. It simply skipped my mind and i didn't realize it till i logged unto Facebook days later and saw birthday wishes on his wall.
Mine was in the month before and i got quite nice messages from him.
He's so pissed he doesn't want to hear from me again.
He's been so nice and understanding before now that i really can't believe he's doing this though i think something must've gone wrong before then as he barely comes online these days unlike before.
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
grin

For me personally, its very important..coz this is the only reason that i can splurge for things that i really want grin

But, its not a big deal if my close friends & family will forget sha..i dont care if they dont wish me as long i get myself what i really love at that moment grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 21, 2017
For a spouse, it's important they remember your birthday 'cause that tells the value they placed on the relationship. But for friends and family; if they don't, who cares!.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by ikp120(m): 1:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
I hate birthdays because since I was born I can't remember anytime I had a real birthday where people gimme better gifts. I can't remember ever cutting a birthday cake in all my life.

So if I hear "happy birthday", I go be like "who you epp? In fact, who your papa epp? Mtcheeeew! Yeye people! angry"

If you want to get me angry, just wish me happy birthday. If I woz you slap eh, you go forget your date of birth. angry

14 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Kondomatic(m): 1:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
Benita27:
For a spouse, it's important they remember your birthday 'cause that tells the value they placed on the relationship. But for friends and family; if they don't, who cares!.
I don't care about birthdays and getting married won't change that.
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 21, 2017
Kondomatic:
I don't care about birthdays and getting married won't change that.

Then don't marry a lady who holds dear her birthdays. grin
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by yomi007k(m): 2:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
I really dont care abt birthdays. ..

Maybe d guy is pissed cos he has a crush on u.
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 21, 2017
Its really not a biggy for me... Only had a nice time with my woman after a small night gathering but everyone else wished me a happy birthday with some little gifts which I appreciate whole heartily. My girl stayed awake till 12 am to wish me some so she could be the first person to smiley
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Kondomatic(m): 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2017
Benita27:
Then don't marry a lady who holds dear her birthdays. grin

Haha haha.

See eh, I quoted you because you said for spouses its important because it tells how much they value the relationship.

Birthday matters to people that it matters to, I don't think forgetting her birthday after loving her right for a year means I do not value the relationship.

I forgot my ex birthday once and she was mad at me, I tried to make her understand that such dates do not matter to me but she wouldn't take any of my explanations.

Then mine came and I forgot it toogringrin

Birthday, Christmas, Easter no mean anything to me.

The reason I don't work on Sundays is because most sites don't open on Sundays.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by yomi007k(m): 2:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
Kondomatic:
Haha haha.

See eh, I quoted you because you said for spouses its important because it tells how much they value the relationship.

Birthday matters to people that it matters to, I don't think forgetting her birthday after loving her right for a year means I do not value the relationship.

I forgot my ex birthday once and she was mad at me, I tried to make her understand that such dates do not matter to me but she wouldn't take any of my explanations.

Seconded!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 21, 2017
My future spouse will have to forgive me on that
I hardly remember my own birthdays particularly when I am busy because I don't think it is that important to celebrate
I am always more concern about what I can achieve before the end of the year
Most times I only remember one or two days to the day
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2017
Kondomatic:
Haha haha.

I said so because that's how I see it. Personally, if I love a guy nothing will make me forget special days in his life and birthdays are one. So my brain is wired to assume anyone who holds you dare won't forget special days in your life. grin

The guy I was dating at the time didn't call nor text in the morning of my birthday but few of my friends did. I was glued to my phone waiting for his text or call but it wasn't coming, I became infuriated. At about 7pm my ex called and I didn't have his number on my phone so had no idea who was calling but took the call. He called to wish me a "Happy Birthday" that my bf forgot and offered to take me out, well, I obliged and on my way out was when his call came in and with the anger I just ignored it. He later explained himself sha.

I can't be with someone who doesn't place value on birthdays.
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Lionessza(f): 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2017
I hate people who wish me " happy " birthday because I dont get what I should be happy about being one year closer to looking like this grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 21, 2017
ikp120:
I hate birthdays because since I was born I can't remember anytime I had a real birthday where people gimme better gifts. I can't remember ever cutting a birthday cake in all my life.

So if I hear "happy birthday", I go be like "who you epp? In fact, who your papa epp? Mtcheeeew! Yeye people! angry"

If you want to get me angry, just wish me happy birthday. If I woz you slap eh, you go forget your date of birth. angry
Hahahahaha, grin
u don't have to slap 'em sha,
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 21, 2017
Lionessza:
I hate people who wish me " happy " birthday because I dont get what I should be happy about being one year closer to looking like this grin grin
because of the hatred in your heart grin grin tongue
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by ikp120(m): 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2017
thornapple:

Hahahahaha, grin
u don't have to slap 'em sha,
You're Benita? You must be the one on dark blue trousers.
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Tuksgrad(f): 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2017
Lionessza:

Same here grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Kondomatic(m): 2:29pm On Jul 21, 2017
Benita27:
I said so because that's how I see it. Personally, if I love a guy nothing will make me forget special days in his life and birthdays are one. So my brain is wired to assume anyone who holds you dare won't forget special days in your life. grin

The guy I was dating at the time didn't call nor text in the morning of my birthday but few of my friends did. I was glued to my phone waiting for his text or call but it wasn't coming, I became infuriated. At about 7pm my ex called and I didn't have his number on my phone so had no idea who was calling but took the call. He called to wish me a "Happy Birthday" that my bf forgot and offered to take me out, well, I obliged and on my way out was when his call came in and with the anger I just ignored it. He later explained himself sha.

I can't be with someone who doesn't place value on birthdays.
How about you remind him?

If you don't then you're intentionally waiting for him to forget so you can have a reason to start a fight gringringrin

I understand you sha, it is about making him her fell loved so if birthday is that important to the person then you mark your calendar or set up a reminder.

Serious love never knock on the doors of your heart Ben; The emboldened won't matter to you anymore when that happens.
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by 7footre(m): 2:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
I don't place much emphasis on my birthday, you remember or not we cool.

I try to remember that of others cos I know it means a lot to others but me personally? I could care less

1 Like

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2017
Kondomatic:
How about you remind him?

If you don't then you're intentionally waiting for him to forget so you can have a reason to start a fight gringringrin

I understand you sha, it is about making him her fell loved so if birthday is that important to the person then you mark your calendar or set up a reminder.

Serious love never knock on the doors of your heart Ben; The emboldened won't matter to you anymore when that happens.
My birthday is one of my love language, like calls. I must have told him at the point of introduction. Anyway, there's room to remind him prior to the day.

Forgetting my birthdays with the excuses that "I don't see any importance in it 'cause I for get mine" is what can't stand. grin
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Lionessza(f): 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2017
Tuksgrad:

Same here grin grin

I think it should be "condolences , you must be sad loosing your youth grin"

1 Like

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2017
ikp120:
You're Benita? You must be the one on dark blue trousers.
Hian!. grin
Are you seeing double?.
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by ikp120(m): 2:44pm On Jul 21, 2017
Benita27:
Hian!. grin Are you seeing double?.
Look at her signature na. Is that your alt?
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by WORLDPEACE(m): 2:48pm On Jul 21, 2017
thornapple:
Can you break up friendship simply because someone forgot it was your birthday?.
Have a friend whose birthday was earlier this month but due to some exigencies it didn't occur to me it was his birthday. It simply skipped my mind and i didn't realize it till i logged unto Facebook days later and saw birthday wishes on his wall.
Mine was in the month before and i got quite nice messages from him.
He's so pissed he doesn't want to hear from me again.
He's been so nice and understanding before now that i really can't believe he's doing this though i think something must've gone wrong before then as he barely comes online these days unlike before.
Is he your boyfriend?
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 21, 2017
ikp120:
It's my alternate. She chose to make it her siggy 'cause I exposed a guy that trying to defame us.
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by ikp120(m): 2:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
Benita27:
It's my alternate. She chose to make it her siggy 'cause I exposed a guy that trying to defame us.
I guess you meant that it's not your alternate? Is it that slyone?
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by marvin902(m): 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2017
i don't attach much importance to it anyway.. undecided undecided
but for my spouse i dare not or else heaven wont save me that day grin grin grin
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
ikp120:
I guess you meant that it's not your alternate? Is it that slyone?
I was replying to this.
ikp120:
Yes, Slyone.

1 Like

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 21, 2017
Lionessza:
I thought I was the only one who feels some type of way about being wished "happy" birthdays.growing up is like a one way road into the world of trouble and misery grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Lionessza(f): 3:41pm On Jul 21, 2017
Jayceon:
I thought I was the only one who feels some type of way about being wished "happy" birthdays.growing up is like a one way road into the world of trouble and misery grin

Lol, you ain't alone Jace . I think it's a good way to mock someone grin. Everytime I hear " happy " birthday, I think wrinkles, walking stick , uncontrollable bowels , toothlessness etc grin I even go as far as wondering how I will die grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by Darkseid(m): 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2017
Birthdays are nothing special to me, its just like every other day. I actually prefer it if people don't call or send me birthday messages.
So yesterday was my birthday and this my new babe called me in the evening. While we were talking, I told her it was my birthday. Na so she begin dey para say I no tell her. I told her it doesn't matter to me, na so she change mouth begin dey yarn say I no tell anybody cos I no wan spend money. I just lock up change topic.
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. by agrovick(m): 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2017
Lionessza:

Thank you very much, this is why I'm not freaked about birthdays. I mean every passing one is a reminder that I'm getting close to the grave.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Is She Saying The Truth?(photo) / UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: The Evolution Of Rape. / What Will Be Your Reaction If Your Babe Mistakely Fart On you During Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.