Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation (37726 Views)

161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever / Covenant University Graduates 238 First Class Honours Students / Promise Mmadubuobu Bags First Class Honours In The Nigeria Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by respect80(m): 11:51am On Jul 22, 2017
adewotired:

Where were you and your public universities when Redeemers University was building test kits for Ebola, doing Africa proud?

I was in ur house, or did you forget
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by lilmax(m): 11:55am On Jul 22, 2017
Johnnyessence:
and who told you third class graduates aren't doing well in their destinies hmmm. Stop beefing okay.
we saying the same thing, third class graduates should be happy for first class graduates and not beefing them because they graduated with third class grin

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by iaatmgirl: 12:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
YorubaNigga:

Keep quiet if you didn't understand what you are asking!
Only a fool would not believe that a 3rd class in government uni will bag a 1st class in CU

I remembered when I was in undergrad, in a particular course everybody scored so high in d test. The lowest mark is 26/30. To unknown expectations while everybody is expecting A's, the lecturer had to make further adjustments to our exam questions in order to make the exam questions harder by setting advanced questions we weren't thought! We asked him why he did such to us and he answered that he's meant to lecture us the fundamentals and we to study more in details. Can u experience such in private unis?
In Nigerian private unis, you can easily walk up to the lecturers and talk how to adjust ur scores out with them. That is what u paid for.

I believe you don't know what you're saying. Many of you did not go through the system, yet you talk as if you did. If you make a third class elsewhere, its you and your school system.

In private schools, you pay for quality education and the schools try their best. I passed through the system and can't remember anyone settling anyone for score.

Some people just hate private schools, yet you'd send your children there when you can afford the fees. You don't believe in Nigerian private schools,yet if you have the funds you'd send your child to foreign private schools.

One thing wrong with our educational system is our mindset. We should seek the uplift of our schools, yet what we do is condemn some good ones simply because they are not government managed

May God help us in this country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 22, 2017
Johnnyessence:
in what way I am limiting my beliefs hmmmmmmm. Why can't you enlighten me more on it. Once you fulfilled the full obligation in covenant university you are good to go.

No, here I was talking about the law school ish now, why don't you believe at least there's merit there, someone who passed through the system is telling you and you assumed once it's Nigeria there must be bribery and all that.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 22, 2017
Johnnyessence:
okay please tell me more of their attitude. At least I have told you some their attitude here that got exposed by the opened student and to the best of my knowledge they got disciplined by suspending them. Some that was caught when they molest their student got expell and discipline the lecturer to the fullest. Of course there are part time lecturers in landmark university doing part time teaching for more than three months so what next. Most of their lecturers are unilorin lecturers. Likewise it is replica in CU.

I give up bro, the fact is for now, private universities are having the upper hand, and unless something is done about the government owned universities in Nigeria, it's going to get even worse. Even in developed countries private universities do better than public ones, just that in Nigeria the gap is wider because of a moribund educational system.

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Ejomax77(m): 1:09pm On Jul 22, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
188 kini?.

that's much jare.
my dad use to tell me that during their time,a uni hardly produce more than 7 first class.

How on earth,that unis produce more than 50 first class graduates these days?

could it being that our unis are compromising......

let me stop here.

I'm not only referring to only CU ,before oversabis start to dey quote me oo
that's because the students of nowadays are way more smarter than those from the 70's, 80's and 90's
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by arena07: 1:52pm On Jul 22, 2017
Johnnyessence:
I know that you will mention NUC here as if what they are ranking is of the best. What they need to based their ranking is the products coming out of these tertiary institutions and not money been paid to them. Unilorin that was the best university thrice always record high rate of jamb applicant every year. For good ten years now they have been recording that which shows high level of impact the lecturers are impacting the students. Not to talk of UI etc.
So the ranking is sham?what about world ranking?
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 22, 2017
Statsocial:

These are just some little products done in CU over years ago mostly by PG students. These days we've made far more progress in Research and Innovation than any public university. So because we don't shout doesn't mean we are not relevant.
Carbon Emission Free integrated dual engine vehicle with air condition
produced by Covenant University.
Carbon Emission Free integrated dual engine tri-cycle.

Interlocking Brick making machine
Solar PV (Semiconductor-based technology used to convert solar radiation into
direct electrical and power electrical appliances).
Multipurpose Cowpea Dehullar (Machine used in removing seed coat and to
separate shaff from seed). It has a throughput of 35kg per minutes.
Wind Turnel. Determines terminal velocity of materials. The terminal velocity
is usually used in designing.
Yam Pounding Machine. For pounding yam. It can pound at 10kg in for (4)
minutes.
Solar Charge Controller – Charger for Deep circle batteries
Solar Cooker
Multiple Output DC Power Supply
Surge protector/Automatic Voltage Switcher
Inverter
Relay Tuner
For it to be emission free it can't run on petrol, or its recycled into something else. . . I'm curious as to what fuels the car. If its something that isn't too expensive then the car will be economically viable and I see no reason why it hasn't been mass produced yet!! It could be big!
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by GetHelpWorldwid: 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
vicfuntop:

[s]You must be a boy sha. I gave the percentage of where most of us THOUGHT we would be going to school. Before entering s.s.3 or year 12, didn't your school ask you guys to decide where you want to go. The school I finished from, nobody was allowed to sit at home for a year when their mates were in school.
I said 70% decided they were going to private unis. 22% were going to Europe. How about the ones going to America and the U.K. They had to write SAT and TOEFL and IGCSE. My school offers classes for these exams. Are you saying they all waited to graduate from secondary school and took the exams and classes during the holidays when most of us were in school.
Do you know that if you want to go to Europe today to school, you need to apply as early as a year before. I even took IGCSE then, but dad said he couldn't afford to put me in the Uk for four years when I also had siblings. From my earliest comment, I was just trying to show you how hate was born. I was jealous my mates would be going to schools with good facilities and most importantly Lesser students when compared to those in federal schools. I didn't want to stand to take lectures and sleep in a room with 14 people. a I didn't say why I ended up in a private university. That's why I said Though I went to bells sha. I could have explained that but it wasn't necessary.[/s]

Yes, I'm a boy.
If you had pointed all these efforts towards where I was tryna correct you, it woulda been resourceful bro.

Next time, use We, the remaining 8% in place of Us, the remaining 8%

Gracias!
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by danjohn: 2:51pm On Jul 22, 2017
67.2% of undergrads at Covenant graduate with either a first class or a second class upper. Those are pretty good odds wink. Sign me up!!!

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
GetHelpWorldwid:

Yes, I'm a boy.
If you had pointed all these efforts towards where I was tryna correct you, it woulda been resourceful bro.

Next time, use We, the remaining 8% in place of Us, the remaining 8%

Gracias!

Bro, really . Others understood it once.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by monex(m): 3:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
Statsocial:
Before anyone comes to attack CU let's not forget that Unilag produced over 230 first class for this year alone.

And before anyone query the contribution of all these first class degrees to Nigeria pls let us also query the value of UK first classes to Nigeria because at least there are more UK first class recipients in Nigeria than there are those from CU.
TheVictorious were u in CU today?

Well. the stats are not so encouraging. 67.2% (more than two thirds) of the students had a 1st class or 2.1

it means that a student with a 2.1 is a below average student in the school. You would have to use percentile to differentiate students from that school.

17 percent making a 1st class is equally bad. The rule of thumb for 1st class should be between 5-10%.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by monex(m): 3:36pm On Jul 22, 2017
Stbottle:

I seriously fought the urge to reply you, but there are things you need to get straight.

Understand that, the CU environment due to the kind of practices spiritually and otherwise will not give room for groos mis-conduct and mis-behaviours of lecturers. So its not the ill-literate lecturers anymore obeying their lusts for failing students, its is an organised environment where rules are followed by all. Therefore, those ill-literates coming from the public universities cant manifest their stupidity and ignorance.

Also bear that some of the students have fought hard to rid themselves of such mentality, of which they are successful for now. Those that remained in the contraptions they came from are now reduced to meagre lecturers in that same contraption.

So, my fellow citizen, the lecturers in CU that are from public universities are not orderly because they want to, its because they had to. Gradually, the bad blood began to flow out of them.

you guys dont get it, the issue is not whether they merit the grades. The issue is that for more than two-thirds in a school to make a first class, then the students have to be extra-ordinarily intelligent (from recruitment approach) or the school needs to use percentile in ranking thier students.

how can one make 2.1 as a below average student? in that stats, there are below average students (33.3 - 50 percentile) who made a 2.1
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Skyfalll: 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2017
Covenant University graduate and proud!!!!

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Skyfalll: 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2017
Covenant University making waves all around the world---our degrees are equivalent to foreign degrees----oya bring that your osu or lautech poo degree and see if them nor go throway am for dustbin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by possibility99: 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2017
Common olive oil they are yet to invent...........first class ma yansh
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by bizzibodi(m): 6:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
Statsocial:

These are just some little products done in CU over years ago mostly by PG students. These days we've made far more progress in Research and Innovation than any public university. So because we don't shout doesn't mean we are not relevant.
Carbon Emission Free integrated dual engine vehicle with air condition
produced by Covenant University.
Carbon Emission Free integrated dual engine tri-cycle.
Interlocking Brick making machine
Solar PV (Semiconductor-based technology used to convert solar radiation into
direct electrical and power electrical appliances).
Multipurpose Cowpea Dehullar (Machine used in removing seed coat and to
separate shaff from seed). It has a throughput of 35kg per minutes.
Wind Turnel. Determines terminal velocity of materials. The terminal velocity
is usually used in designing.
Yam Pounding Machine. For pounding yam. It can pound at 10kg in for (4)
minutes.
Solar Charge Controller – Charger for Deep circle batteries
Solar Cooker
Multiple Output DC Power Supply
Surge protector/Automatic Voltage Switcher
Inverter
Relay Tuner
we are talking of what has not been invented before can they patent such products?
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by haibe(m): 6:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
DangotePikin:
why do u think accounting students mostly finish as bgs in cu? This is like the third accounting bgs that I have seen. Is there something about the course?

Its a professional course that has a professional exam. The professional exams are usually tougher than what is obtainable in degree (universities). So if you have completed or at least started your ICAN, you should find your normal school work easier and you will likely do better than your beers that haven't started ICAN. So thats just the basic twist to it.. It is easy to come out with a first class in school if you are doing something tougher out there in form of ICAN or ACCA
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
monex:

Well. the stats are not so encouraging. 67.2% (more than two thirds) of the students had a 1st class or 2.1

it means that a student with a 2.1 is a below average student in the school. You would have to use percentile to differentiate students from that school.

17 percent making a 1st class is equally bad. The rule of thumb for 1st class should be between 5-10%.
UK universities averagely have 21% first class graduates. So just calm down.

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2017
Skyfalll:
Covenant University making waves all around the world---our degrees are equivalent to foreign degrees----oya bring that your osu or lautech poo degree and see if them nor go throway am for dustbin
Wow nice you are an Eagle.
This is good i know CU Architecture is one of the best in the nation and quite selective.
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2017
monex:

you guys dont get it, the issue is not whether they merit the grades. The issue is that for more than two-thirds in a school to make a first class, then the students have to be extra-ordinarily intelligent (from recruitment approach) or the school needs to use percentile in ranking thier students.

how can one make 2.1 as a below average student? in that stats, there are below average students (33.3 - 50 percentile) who made a 2.1
Just chew on this

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Stbottle(m): 11:59pm On Aug 08, 2017
I am still pained that some CU students/graduates will still argue with these people. They are pained and thats a fact, they wished for it, they dnt deserve our explanation, leave them to their folly. Their folly is our gain, the world would see us and our strong points. Leave them to keep arguing with themselves abeg. Use the time to work towards your vision for yourself. They will see it later, and i hope its not too late for them my then

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 09, 2017
iaatmgirl:

I believe you don't know what you're saying. Many of you did not go through the system, yet you talk as if you did. If you make a third class elsewhere, its you and your school system.

In private schools, you pay for quality education and the schools try their best. I passed through the system and can't remember anyone settling anyone for score.

Some people just hate private schools, yet you'd send your children there when you can afford the fees. You don't believe in Nigerian private schools,yet if you have the funds you'd send your child to foreign private schools.

One thing wrong with our educational system is our mindset. We should seek the uplift of our schools, yet what we do is condemn some good ones simply because they are not government managed

May God help us in this country.
Pride go kill some students for naija.Public school students are too prude although not all
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 09, 2017
danjohn:
67.2% of undergrads at Covenant graduate with either a first class or a second class upper. Those are pretty good odds wink. Sign me up!!!
Were did you get this statistics from?
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 09, 2017
possibility99:
Pride! Has your school invented anything beneficial to all?

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by DrayZee: 8:25am On Aug 09, 2017
possibility99:
So someone "invented" olive oil?
Wonderful.

2 Likes

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Stbottle(m): 8:50pm On Aug 09, 2017
Johnnyessence:
you will just be repeating the same thing every time. As it stand public universities received much application from students that want to apply for different courses of their own choice. It is when you are pained with a lot of points here that you will saying another thing. Type your points and let everyone reply you back with their point and not insults ok. In most competitions federal universities students do beat private university students hmmmmm. You are already beefing. Make need to go extral mile and make your research about federal universities. It is not the structures at times but the brains and wisdom.

I didnt even see this. I understand the fact that you are schooled, and not educated. Now i am not going to blame your alma mata, i am going to blame your environment. How has smoking affected the intelligence of students. In all your arguments, you have never been stable, a time, you'ld be moral, other times you'ld go academic. Please oga, channel your anger towards those who cnt employ you bcz you lack work ethics. To those who cant employ you bcz you arent progressive, to those who cnt employ you bcz you dnt have the right mentality to a job.

Even if we have graduates from government schls teaching in that schl, we wnt also deny that we have well over 200 graduates of CU lecturing there. The environment to learning is way different to the ones you people enjoy in your schl, there is very little room for frivolities and stupid acts by lecturers. So until your mentality changes from suffering and smiling, suffering and happy, those CU graduates will keep flooring you.

I dnt expect you to even impact your world, you werent trained to do so, you were trained to cz hardship and promote corruption. Well, enjoy your world.

On government schls getting more applicants than private schls, lol to your brain and the people around you. If you can explain everybody affording private schl, explain the might of government funds against individual input towards expanding, then you'ld understand better. One would wonder, if UI, was all big and could accept large amounts at inception. That is even with colonial might and influence.

And after 15 years, if CU has achieved enough to compete with schls that were before independence, schls that are included in a nations budget, then we are happy if you call us glorfied secondary schl.
On morals, well most in those government schl lack them, so i understand your expectations. Also note those who have been doing upright, and are heading the NCCF in their various states.

So please, i know you have a brain, you can reason even if not properly, please re-condition your terms of thinking, never conclude on things you havent seen or heard. I am sure you havent stepped your feets into the schl. Take a tour one day, and eat more water melon after that. It helps the brain, drink more water too...blood wnt clot on its way to the brain with that.

AND NEVER MENTION ME AGAIN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Stbottle(m): 8:54pm On Aug 09, 2017
possibility99:

If someone has invented olive oil, and there is a patent for it, how can the schl re-invent it again. Or shld they do it for you people to say " it has been done before" ??. Oya, what has your schl invented?? Other than poo graduates

1 Like

Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Schoolguy9(m): 8:38am On Aug 11, 2017
Good A.M,
I am sure you guys are healthy.

Without much ado, I bring you this important information you really have to look into.
See The Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Study Microbiology In The University. It is quite detailed.
Please, don't fail to click it.
https://schoolpulse..co.ke/2017/08/see-top-10-reasons-why-you-shiuld-study.html
Re: 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation by Drizekor7spirit: 2:30pm On Aug 13, 2017
My name is Izekor7spirit, and I am Spiritual Healer, specializing in the fields of Love, Money, Power, Success, Luck and Witch Craft. I can help you with any problem that is disturbing you or your life and business I have more than 15 years experience in the field of Spells Casting / Spiritual Healing. Over the years I have worked for thousands of clients in more than 178 countries all over the world. My services are hugely in demand which is proof of the success I am achieving on a day to day basis.Do you have love problems / issues that you need sorted out? I have a variety of love spells that will change your life forever. Have you lost a loved one? Are you in love with someone who doesn't seem to care about you? Is your loved one in love with someone else? Call me NOW and I will summon all my powers to make your dreams come true.I use strong holy black magic spells and various mixtures of herbal remedies with the powerful ancestral spirits to heal and solve most of problems and terrible sicknesses. He has healed many people all over the world and according to testimonies shows he is mainly the world's best award winning healer.Do you suffer for long time with illnesses, Stresses, Poverty, Financial difficulties, Bad debts, Court cases, Body & skin sicknesses, Evil witchcraft, Bad dreams, Lost lover& family, broken relationships, excessive alcohol and smoking problems, unemployment’s, Failing deals, Lost businesses, Sexual weakness, jealousy people, unprompted at job, need a child? Lose weight, Sugar diabetes, Blood pressure, Overweight, Robberies, Broken relationship and so much more.... Remember; I welcome any challenges and questions about any human life.
Email:doctorizekorspelltemple@gmail.com
Call/WhatsApp:+2349027285379

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

University Status: Alvan Ikoku "University" Of Education Is Boiling (photo) / My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) / Iyaje Abuma Shedrack: UNIJOS Student Stabbed To Death By Suspected Hoodlums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.