Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,010 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths (32701 Views)

Freelancing: Nigerian's Only Hope Of Earning Legitimately Online / Lazy Freelancing Jobs Nigerians Can Do And Make Money On Fiverr / Nigerian Youths Can Access Loan With Academic Certificates – CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 21, 2017
While in the University, I promised myself that I wasn’t going to apply for any job after school. I stuck to it and kept learning as many skills and trying as many businesses as I can.

Of all the businesses I have tried, Freelancing was the best and most paying of them all. I still do it till now.

It’s over three years after school and I haven’t for a second thought of applying for any job, yet I earn more than many senior level workers in both federal and private sectors through freelancing.

Now, I’m not saying this to boast.

On the contrary, I’m writing this to encourage my fellow Nigerian youths, especially those who are unemployed or underemployed to look towards freelancing.

It’s the easiest business you can start from home with just your laptop and internet connection.

Yes, all you need is a computer and internet connection and you can start earning the type of money that will make your working class friends envy you.

What is Freelancing?

In case you don’t know is the art of selling your skill and time for money. The skill could be writing, graphic designs, typing, research, video animation, web design, music production, etc.

There are platforms where business owners around the world come to hire people with these skills and pay them for the needed services.
When you register on those platforms, these business owners gets to see you and hire you to do a job for them.

They pay you in dollars according to the amount you both agree on. This is usually in dollars and that’s one of the most important reasons why I work on Freelance portal……at least, I will always live above recession.

How much can you make from Freelancing and how can you receive the money you earn?

You can earn from $500 (N180,000) and above per month, working from home and spending not more than five hours per day.

Personally, I earn between $850 and $2,500 (though I have earned up to $3,000 in a month twice since I began 20months ago). That is between N280,000 and N825,000 and most importantly, I work for less than 4hours daily.

You receive your money through Payoneer which is a payment option acceptable for Nigerians. Payoneer gives you a customized ATM card where every money you earn is loaded. Whenever you want to withdraw, you just slot it into any ATM machine and it will pay you the Nigerian equivalent. You can also use exchangers as they pay higher (black market rate) than banks.

I use this card to do shakara every time I go to an ATM. I like to use it to intimidate bankers as 90% of them have never seen such ATM……lol.

Again, I’m not saying this to boast, but to encourage you to stop complaining and whining about the unemployment in the country and start taking your own destiny into your own hands.

Which freelancing platform should you start with?

There are a whole lot of them: Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer, FiverrUp, etc.
But I always recommend Fiverr, maybe because that’s where I started and found huge success.

How much do you need to invest to get started?

Absolutely nothing, except maybe data, which can’t cost you more than 2K per month.

All you need is a laptop (some say phones work too, but I prefer laptop) and internet connection.
With this, you are ready to start banking heavy income working from your room and earning a cool living.

Can you sustain a family with freelancing?

I added this question because I saw a Nairalander ranting that you can’t sustain a family on freelancing.

That is a fat lie.

I’m taking care of myself and my immediate family from my freelance income. I’m not married yet, but I have a fiancée who I also take care of through freelance.

If you treat freelancing as a business, it will pay you like a business owner.

How do I get started?

I can only show you how to start on Fiverr because that’s where I work. If you need help with other platforms, you can Google it or ask the question here on Nairaland to get help (I’m sure there are many Nairalanders earning huge income from this).

If you want to get started on Fiverr, I can guide help you with a very detailed tutorial for it here with images and illustrations so you can successfully register and start banking big cash.

Remember, you should stop ranting about the Government. Focus that energy to learn and start earning huge calms. When you are comfortable, you can easily face the Government without being deceived by their bag of rice sharing.

Good luck to you. If you want to learn how I did it, CLICK HERE.

51 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by simplyhonest(m): 9:10pm On Jul 21, 2017
pls show us... very educative

1 Like

Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by rexchazy(m): 9:35pm On Jul 21, 2017
Good write up. God bless for the info, pls am interested
rexmozee2010@gmail.com
Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 22, 2017
simplyhonest:
pls show us... very educative

See live video of me loggin into my fiverr account with proof of earnings,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUZpJmE8J58&feature=youtu.be

If you want to learn how I did it, CLICK HERE One among my fiverr IDs is Felmic. Thomas n co can check it out grin
Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 22, 2017
rexchazy:
Good write up. God bless for the info, pls am interested
rexmozee2010@gmail.com

Just hang on, I'll post a quick tutorial later today
Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by simplyhonest(m): 10:49am On Jul 22, 2017
Bigboyz32:
I'll make a post later today to show how to get started.
OK boss... pls mention me when you do

1 Like

Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 22, 2017
pls bro mention me too when u start thanks

1 Like

Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by YONYE: 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
ok
Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by CoolestG: 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2017
This is so nice boss. I have always wanted a guide on this online biz. Please I will appreciate it more if you can send me more material via henryod162@gmail.com I don't mind having you as a mentor. Thanks
Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by Ysakaws1: 12:43pm On Jul 22, 2017
Bigboyz32:
While in the University, I promised myself that I wasn’t going to apply for any job after school. I stuck to it and kept learning as many skills and trying as many businesses as I can.

Of all the businesses I have tried, Freelancing was the best and most paying of them all. I still do it till now.

It’s over three years after school and I haven’t for a second thought of applying for any job, yet I earn more than many senior level workers in both federal and private sectors through freelancing.

Now, I’m not saying this to boast.

On the contrary, I’m writing this to encourage my fellow Nigerian youths, especially those who are unemployed or underemployed to look towards freelancing.

It’s the easiest business you can start from home with just your laptop and internet connection.

Yes, all you need is a computer and internet connection and you can start earning the type of money that will make your working class friends envy you.

What is Freelancing?

In case you don’t know is the art of selling your skill and time for money. The skill could be writing, graphic designs, typing, research, video animation, web design, music production, etc.

There are platforms where business owners around the world come to hire people with these skills and pay them for the needed services.
When you register on those platforms, these business owners gets to see you and hire you to do a job for them.

They pay you in dollars according to the amount you both agree on. This is usually in dollars and that’s one of the most important reasons why I work on Freelance portal……at least, I will always live above recession.

How much can you make from Freelancing and how can you receive the money you earn?

You can earn from $500 (N180,000) and above per month, working from home and spending not more than five hours per day.

Personally, I earn between $850 and $2,500 (though I have earned up to $3,000 in a month twice since I began 20months ago). That is between N280,000 and N825,000 and most importantly, I work for less than 4hours daily.

You receive your money through Payoneer which is a payment option acceptable for Nigerians. Payoneer gives you a customized ATM card where every money you earn is loaded. Whenever you want to withdraw, you just slot it into any ATM machine and it will pay you the Nigerian equivalent. You can also use exchangers as they pay higher (black market rate) than banks.

I use this card to do shakara every time I go to an ATM. I like to use it to intimidate bankers as 90% of them have never seen such ATM……lol.

Again, I’m not saying this to boast, but to encourage you to stop complaining and whining about the unemployment in the country and start taking your own destiny into your own hands.

Which freelancing platform should you start with?

There are a whole lot of them: Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer, FiverrUp, etc.
But I always recommend Fiverr, maybe because that’s where I started and found huge success.

How much do you need to invest to get started?

Absolutely nothing, except maybe data, which can’t cost you more than 2K per month.

All you need is a laptop (some say phones work too, but I prefer laptop) and internet connection.
With this, you are ready to start banking heavy income working from your room and earning a cool living.

Can you sustain a family with freelancing?

I added this question because I saw a Nairalander ranting that you can’t sustain a family on freelancing.

That is a fat lie.

I’m taking care of myself and my immediate family from my freelance income. I’m not married yet, but I have a fiancée who I also take care of through freelance.

If you treat freelancing as a business, it will pay you like a business owner.

How do I get started?

I can only show you how to start on Fiverr because that’s where I work. If you need help with other platforms, you can Google it or ask the question here on Nairaland to get help (I’m sure there are many Nairalanders earning huge income from this).

If you want to get started on Fiverr, I can guide help you with a very detailed tutorial for it here with images and illustrations so you can successfully register and start banking big cash.

Remember, you should stop ranting about the Government. Focus that energy to learn and start earning huge calms. When you are comfortable, you can easily face the Government without being deceived by their bag of rice sharing.

Good luck to you.
Show them a proof that you have earned up to $3000 in one month. Also, what kind of service do you provide?

3 Likes

Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
Ysakaws1:

Show them a proof that you have earned up to $3000 in one month. Also, what kind of service do you provide?
If you read the post correctly, you will see where I said I have hit that figure twice in my 20 months on Fiverr. If you are on Fiverr, you will understand that you can't go back to get screenshot of past months; you can only see the current month.
To your question on what service I render, I'm a copywriter

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by mistercharles: 10:36pm On Jul 22, 2017
Bruh please come and throw more light on this...I registered on fiver long ago,just that I don't know my away around the platform.Thanks and God blessyou for this post
Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by ucheuzor1(m): 10:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
Patiently following...
I have been discouraged over and over again...I need an inspiration
Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by fergusen: 10:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
ucheuzor1:
Patiently following...
I have been discouraged over and over again...I need an inspiration
mistercharles:
Bruh please come and throw more light on this...I registered on fiver long ago,just that I don't know my away around the platform.Thanks and God blessyou for this post
Do you have a Payoneer MasterCard? If no, get one by scrolling up and following the link I posted.
Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by mistercharles: 10:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
fergusen:

Do you have a Payoneer MasterCard? If no, get one by scrolling up and following the link I posted.
will that cost me?
Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by fergusen: 11:00pm On Jul 22, 2017
mistercharles:
will that cost me?
It's Free. If you fill your correct house address and postal code, NIPOST will come knocking on your door with your Payoneer MasterCard. Remember to add your phone number where your address is required.
Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by mistercharles: 11:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
fergusen:

It's Free. If you fill your correct house address and postal code, NIPOST will come knocking on your door. Remember to add your phone number where your address is required.
LOL...so I shouldn't fill my correct address??
Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by fergusen: 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
mistercharles:
LOL...so I shouldn't fill my correct address??
Don't get me wrong. Put your correct address o. NIPOST WILL DELIVER YOUR CARD TO YOU FREE.
Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by maaji: 11:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
pls i meed step by step info on how to start this biz please. from feverr to alll. i never did anytin of feverr b4. am new but eager to be tutored. my email is nasman31@gmail.com
Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by fergusen: 11:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
maaji:
pls i meed step by step info on how to start this biz please. from feverr to alll. i never did anytin of feverr b4. am new but eager to be tutored. my email is nasman31@gmail.com
Go through nairaland's business section. You will find Several threads about Fiverr. Take your time to read through. That's a better way to learn.
Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by Jason317: 12:29am On Jul 23, 2017
pls email me on ejason317@gmail.com for further discussion
Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by Nowenuse: 2:28am On Jul 23, 2017
@Bigboyz32, fergusen. Kudos to you guys for your efforts and more blessings to your work.

Please can anyone without any knowledge on ICT make money as a freelancer? If yes, how please.

Although i am just about to start learning some IT programs. Which do you advice me to go for that will be more profitable for a freelancing career through your experiences?

Lastly, i have registered on one of these freelancing sites you mentioned and seen how many people (other freelancers) from around the world jostle for freelancing projects. Now, apparently, most of the employers on those sites are non- africans. So, please, how do you guys secure freelancing projects there? Cos i really feel the chances as a Nigerian on those sites are very slim.
(thanks for your responses in advance and please bear my too many questions).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 23, 2017
i have provided all the required proof for my fiverr earnings. both my username, the services i render, live video loggin into my account etc so thomas and co can be at rest. you can refer to HERE to see how i did it
Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 23, 2017
Nowenuse:
@Bigboyz32, fergusen. Kudos to you guys for your efforts and more blessings to your work.

Please can anyone without any knowledge on ICT make money as a freelancer? If yes, how please.

Although i am just about to start learning some IT programs. Which do you advice me to go for that will be more profitable for a freelancing career through your experiences?

Lastly, i have registered on one of these freelancing sites you mentioned and seen how many people (other freelancers) from around the world jostle for freelancing projects. Now, apparently, most of the employers on those sites are non- africans. So, please, how do you guys secure freelancing projects there? Cos i really feel the chances as a Nigerian on those sites are very slim.
(thanks for your responses in advance and please bear my too many questions).

Of course, you can favorably compete as a Nigerian there. I have found a lot of success there as a Nigerian and many other Nigerians are killing it there too. If it's on Fiverr where I work, you use a VPN to change your IP so that you appear like you are in US or any country of your choice.
That way, you will be considered just like any other foreigner.

You can offer data entry services on Fiverr and still earn a good amount. Data entry involves just copying data from somewhere (given to you by the client) and pastng elsewhere. This reqyuires just basic computer skills.

If you are looking for the skill to learn under IT, you can look at video animation. It's hot.

Just hang on, I'm writing a full tutorial on how to go about it the right way so you can also make a killing on those platforms.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by ucheuzor1(m): 7:55am On Jul 23, 2017
fergusen:

Is it free to get it
Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by peculiar3(m): 9:24am On Jul 23, 2017
...I'm following closely this time, good work sir, we're waiting for the updates
Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by Ysakaws1: 10:45am On Jul 23, 2017
Bigboyz32:

If you read the post correctly, you will see where I said I have hit that figure twice in my 20 months on Fiverr. If you are on Fiverr, you will understand that you can't go back to get screenshot of past months; you can only see the current month.
To your question on what service I render, I'm a copywriter
You don't have to screenshot for the month, screenshot your total earnings just for year 2015 and year 2016 (two screenshots). That will let us know if you are a sham or not. I know what I am saying, and do full screenshots so it shows ur network operator up (just incase you want to get a picture online). If you can't, then please close down this thread and stop deluding innocent creatures.

3 Likes

Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by fergusen: 11:35am On Jul 23, 2017
Ysakaws1:

You don't have to screenshot for the month, screenshot your total earnings just for year 2015 and year 2016 (two screenshots). That will let us know if you are a sham or not. I know what I am saying, and do full screenshots so it shows ur network operator up (just incase you want to get a picture online). If you can't, then please close down this thread and stop deluding innocent creatures.
Seconded! Post screenshots so that you wouldn't be taken for a rabble-rouser. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by mistercharles: 12:23pm On Jul 23, 2017
Ysakaws1:

If you're not here to learn,please stop viewing this thread...Because right now,i think it's you who is deluding innocent creatures

2 Likes

Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by mistercharles: 12:25pm On Jul 23, 2017
fergusen:

Seconded! Post screenshots so that you wouldn't be taken for a rabble-rouser. cool
Because he has warned you to stop advertising on his thread...smh

2 Likes

Re: Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths by Ysakaws1: 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2017
mistercharles:

If you're not here to learn,please stop viewing this thread...Because right now,i think it's you who is deluding innocent creatures
People like you will surely exist. Anyway, what I requested for might not be useful for you, which I don't care, but it can be useful in letting people know if the OP is trustable. Gullible minds like you are easily scammed, which like I said earlier that I don't care about YOU.
He intends to tutor people about freelancing, while claiming to have earned that big. So why can't he be doubted? (TRY TO RATIONALLY ANSWER THIS QUESTION)
For him to open a thread to give people the impression that he has earned that big, then he should be outright ready to give a proof. If he shows the proof I requested for, then I can comfortably learn from him (others can comfortably do so, too)
Mind you, I have not said his claims are untruths.

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Running Out Of FOREX – John Campbell, Ex-US Ambassador / 5 Habits That Kill Financially / Naira Gains As CBN Clearing Rate Weakens Against Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.