Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,546 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

- Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / (12395 Views)

Help A Muslimah In Pains / Match me with a Pious Female Muslimah For Second Marriage! / Muslimah For Friendship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

by hfeetham0(f): 8:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
Re: by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 21, 2017
Its a consensus according to shaykh ibn taymiyyah rahimahullaah among the scholars on the roundness of the earth.... This he said in his majmoo fatawa with some proofs from the Qur'an:

“Who has created the seven heavens one above another, you can see no fault in the creations of the Most Beneficent.”

(Qur’an 67:3)

“It is not for the sun to overtake the moon, nor does the night outstrip the day. They all float, each in an orbit.”

(Qur’an 36:40)

And He it is Who has created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, each in an orbit floating.”

( Qur’an 21:33)
Re: by hfeetham0(f): 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2017
AbdelKabir:
Its a consensus according to shaykh ibn taymiyyah rahimahullaah among the scholars on the roundness of the earth.... This he said in his majmoo fatawa with some proofs from the Qur'an:

“Who has created the seven heavens one above another, you can see no fault in the creations of the Most Beneficent.”

(Qur’an 67:3)

“It is not for the sun to overtake the moon, nor does the night outstrip the day. They all float, each in an orbit.”

(Qur’an 36:40)

And He it is Who has created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, each in an orbit floating.”

( Qur’an 21:33)
Yea, i agree with the above.. but all of the verses that speaks about the shape illustrates flatness and the flat earth theory is more accurate than the globe. with all the globe earth proofs debunked.

the only tricky ayah that seems to be what globe earthers uses as a reference is Quran(79:30):

Arabic: والارض بعد ذلك دحاها
Transliteration: Waal-arda baAAda thalika dahaha

Literal: And the earth/Planet Earth after that He stretched/spread it.

but some muslims refer the dahaha to "ostrich egg"...
"Ostrich egg" in that verse is a noun.. but stretched/spread is a verb...
we all know how the rhythm and flows of the Quran go smoothly... looking back to the last 6-7 verses behind 79:30 they all ended with a verb which is a likely indicator that its still follow same flow...
Re: by iamgenius(m): 10:10pm On Jul 21, 2017
hfeetham0:
Yea, i agree with the above.. but all of the verses that speaks about the shape illustrates flatness and the flat earth theory is more accurate than the globe. with all the globe earth proofs debunked.

the only tricky ayah that seems to be what globe earthers uses as a reference is Quran(79:30):

we all know how the rhythm and flows of the Quran go smoothly... looking back to the last 6-7 verses behind 79:30 they all ended with a verb which is a likely indicator that its still follow same flow...
Lets assume it's flat or whatever, how does that increase or decrease me in Eeman. There are lots of more beneficial topics to be discussed, especially about Tawhid(Oneness Of Allah). Without Tawhid one cann't be a muslim.

1 Like

Re: by dejt4u(m): 10:43pm On Jul 21, 2017
iamgenius:
Lets assume it's flat or whatever, how does that increase or decrease me in Eeman. There are lots of more beneficial topics to be discussed, especially about Tawhid(Oneness Of Allah). Without Tawhid one cann't be a muslim.
it is also important bro.. knowledge is power so seek it from cradle to grave.. knowledge is not limited to some aspect of deen but all.. versatility is the key

2 Likes

Re: by harbjar(m): 11:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
hfeetham0:

sister no offence meant but it sounds like u re nt a science student.. but the earth isnt flat... nd the qur'an confirmed it..
Re: by hfeetham0(f): 11:52pm On Jul 21, 2017
iamgenius:
not even talking imman or anything related.. just asking if any muslim or muslimah is a FE around here...
Re: by hfeetham0(f): 11:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
harbjar:

sister no offence meant but it sounds like u re nt a science student.. but the earth isnt flat... nd the qur'an confirmed it..
Ooo yea.. any proof the of the globe earth from you?
Re: by iamgenius(m): 11:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
hfeetham0:
not even talking imman or anything related.. just asking if any muslim or muslimah is a FE around here...
Ok, Sister.
Re: by harbjar(m): 6:59am On Jul 22, 2017
hfeetham0:
Ooo yea.. any proof the of the globe earth from you?
you should very well that the earth is a big sphere (geoid) which implies that something could be spread inside it.... things dont only spread on a flat surface...
further more: The "two Easts" and "two Wests" on earth in the Noble Quran and the roundness of the earth:

The earth literally has two sun rising points and two sun setting points! Noble Quran and Science agree on this:

Before we look at the Noble Verses, it is important to know when the sun rises on one half of the earth, it is at the same time setting on the other half, and when it sets on one half of the earth, it is at the same time rising on the other half. This clearly means that the earth literally has two sun rising points (mashriqayn) and two sun setting points (maghribayn)!

Now let us look at what Allah Almighty Said in the Noble Quran:

"GOD of the two Easts, and GOD of the two Wests. (The Noble Quran, 55:17)"

The Arabic words "mashriqayn" and "maghribayn" were translated as "two Easts" and "two Wests" respectively. It is important to know that Noble Verses 55:10-25 are speaking about the earth and the some of the Creations that exist on it.

The two root Arabic words "Sharq" and "Gharb", which mashriqayn and maghribayn are derived from respectively, can also literally mean the rising point of the sun, and the setting point of the sun.
Re: by MrOlai: 7:07am On Jul 22, 2017
hfeetham0:
I am one, but seems most are globe earthers...

The earth can be considered flat or a globe. Both are correct depending on the relativistic frame of reference.

To every living things on the surface of the Earth, humans, animals and plants, the Earth is flat relative to us. It would sound absurd to consider the Earth a globe relative to us. This is because the presence of gravity keeps us attached to relatively flat land. With the gravity and the expanse/gigantic size of the Earth, we would never see the Earth as a globe. All we see at all times is a flat land. Astagfirllah, even if Allah(SWT) or the Prophet(SAW) addresses us with a flat "Earth", it doesn't mean Allah(SWT) or the Prophet (SAW) meant the Earth is flat in its entirety. Such an address is relative. It is relative to us as human beings.

However, on a regional scale or at the cosmos level, the Earth is indeed, a globe. It is approximately spherical. There are many very clear proofs or evidence that show that.

In Civil Engineering for instance, during construction, there is Plane Surveying as well as Geodetic Surveying.

Plane Surveying considers Earth flat while Geodetic Surveying considers the Earth as a globe. Plane Surveying is used when the area of the construction is small e.g. in construction of building in a place. However, Geodetic Surveying is used when the construction is on a regional scale e.g. construction of a structure of about 500 km length.

The diagram below shows you and I standing on the Earth:

Re: by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 22, 2017
hfeetham0:

No, what the verses you referring to says is, the earth was spread out, so that it can be walked on, to understand this better, visualize a ground going in a zig zag manner such that it becomes difficult to walk easily, then later on a machine was used to level it, this is what is being talked about, not the whole shape being flat, I found this useful https://islamqa.info/en/211655

Now a proof from the Qur'an which scholars like ibn uthaymeen rahimahullaah used is:

“He created the heavens and earth for a true purpose; He wraps the night around [yukawwir] the day and the day around the night”

The word yukawwir (translated here as “wraps around” means to make something round, like a turban. It is well-known that night and day follow one another on earth, which implies that the Earth is round, because if you wrap one thing around another thing, and the thing that it is wrapped around is the Earth, then Earth must be round.

Now scientific proof which we were given in geography class in our secondary school days, the easiest to understand without thinking much is the Night and day, had it been the earth is flat, then as sun shines on earth, the whole earth will have day at the same time, night at that same time, isn't that so? Then why do we have night at some part and day at some other part?

Although many verses proves roundness of the earth, this verse is not one of it, its zakir naik and co that claims this, and its not all that correct....he claims "dahaha" comes from the word "duhiya" this is false, daha is a verb that means "to spread out" the "ha" that comes after "daha" is a feminine pronoun referring to "earth", in Arabic earth is considered feminine...... In short that verse was panel beaten to mean what it does not mean....
Re: by hfeetham0(f): 8:57am On Jul 22, 2017
harbjar:

you should very well that the earth is a big sphere (geoid) which implies that something could be spread inside it.... things dont only spread on a flat surface...
further more: The "two Easts" and "two Wests" on earth in the Noble Quran and the roundness of the earth:

The earth literally has two sun rising points and two sun setting points! Noble Quran and Science agree on this:

Before we look at the Noble Verses, it is important to know when the sun rises on one half of the earth, it is at the same time setting on the other half, and when it sets on one half of the earth, it is at the same time rising on the other half. This clearly means that the earth literally has two sun rising points (mashriqayn) and two sun setting points (maghribayn)!

Now let us look at what Allah Almighty Said in the Noble Quran:

"GOD of the two Easts, and GOD of the two Wests. (The Noble Quran, 55:17)"

The Arabic words "mashriqayn" and "maghribayn" were translated as "two Easts" and "two Wests" respectively. It is important to know that Noble Verses 55:10-25 are speaking about the earth and the some of the Creations that exist on it.

The two root Arabic words "Sharq" and "Gharb", which mashriqayn and maghribayn are derived from respectively, can also literally mean the rising point of the sun, and the setting point of the sun.
...first.. have you seen the flat earth model?
Re: by hfeetham0(f): 8:59am On Jul 22, 2017
MrOlai:

The earth can be considered flat or a globe. Both are correct depending on the relativistic frame of reference.

To every living things on the surface of the Earth, humans, animals and plants, the Earth is flat relative to us. It would sound absurd to consider the Earth a globe relative to us. This is because the presence of gravity keeps us attached to relatively flat land. With the gravity and the expanse/gigantic size of the Earth, we would never see the Earth as a globe. All we see at all times is a flat land. Astagfirllah, even if Allah(SWT) or the Prophet(SAW) addresses us with a flat "Earth", it doesn't mean Allah(SWT) or the Prophet (SAW) meant the Earth is flat in its entirety. Such an address is relative. It is relative to us as human beings.

However, on a regional scale or at the cosmos level, the Earth is indeed, a globe. It is approximately spherical. There are many very clear proofs or evidence that show that.

In Civil Engineering for instance, during construction, there is Planar Survey as well as Geodetic Survey.

Planar Survey considers Earth flat while Geodetic Survey considers the Earth as a globe. Planar Survey is used when the area of the construction is small e.g. in construction of building in a place. However, Geodetic Survey is used when the construction is on a regional scale e.g. construction of a structure of about 500 km length.

The diagram below shows you and I standing on the Earth:
while flat earth goes against gravity..analyze the image below..
also have analyzed the flat earth model

Re: by MrOlai: 9:16am On Jul 22, 2017
hfeetham0:
while flat earth goes against gravity..analyze the image below..
also have analyzed the flat earth model

Your submission above is from Conspiracy Theory.

There are many Conspiracy Theories online that mislead people!

I'm a Muslim and I'm a Science person. Earth is geoid in shape as a whole. This is a fact.
Re: by hfeetham0(f): 9:57am On Jul 22, 2017
MrOlai:

I'm a Muslim and I'm a Science person. Earth is geoid in shape as a whole. This is a fact.
did you just said that image illustration is a conspiracy? shocked
ok from that picture, if i am to dig through the earth and come out of the other side... where will my head face, north or south?

the radius of the geoid earth is 3,959 miles.. good! with that, after calculation we are expected to find a curvature every 8 inches per mile (squared). get a telescope, you will find no curvature.. why? the earth is flat.

yea am a muslimah also... am also science(pix)

Re: by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 22, 2017
hfeetham0:
did you just said that image illustration is a conspiracy? shocked
ok from that picture, if i am to dig through the earth and come out of the other side... where will my head face, north or south?

the radius of the geoid earth is 3,959 miles.. good! with that, after calculation we are expected to find a curvature every 8 inches per mile (squared). get a telescope, you will find no curvature.. why? the earth is flat.

yea am a muslimah also... am also science(pix)

Have you actually gotten a telescope or you Just read it and believed it? What do you say about the night and day?
Re: by hfeetham0(f): 10:13am On Jul 22, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Have you actually gotten a telescope or you Just read it and believed it? What do you say about the night and day?
saving up to order one before the year runs out... and yea might not be the best illustration of the earth I believed it because it looks more convincing scientifically..Night and day is one of the easiest phenomenon but you might find it hard to believe if you think the sun is millions of miles from us

how the moon phase works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDmoI5F8-lw
Re: by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 22, 2017
hfeetham0:
saving up to order one before the year runs out... and yea might not be the best illustration of the earth I believed it because it looks more convincing scientifically..Night and day is one of the easiest phenomenon but you might find it hard to believe if you think the sun is millions of miles from us

Does the distance of the sun matter or it's size?
Re: by hfeetham0(f): 11:14am On Jul 22, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Does the distance of the sun matter or it's size?
both matters.. the sun is closer to us than what NASA, ISS and other bodies have been telling us and also smaller.
Re: by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2017
hfeetham0:
both matters.. the sun is closer to us than what NASA, ISS and other bodies have been telling us and also smaller.

What if it was the sun that orbits the earth and not the other way round?

*this is what I believe* Geocentricity over heliocentricity...
Re: by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
There is a "mathematical proof" for this, it starts woth a question, how was the circumference of the earth discovered? It started with a Greek mathematician called Eratosthenes.... He heard that somewhere in syene(in Egypt), at 12:00(noon) no shadow is being casted and this suggests the sun is directly overhead, so he wondered if this is also true in Alexandria, so he inserted a stick to the ground and waited to 12:00(noon) but in his case a shadow was casted, so he measured the degree at which the sun is to the stick, it was 7.2° this means there is 7.2° between Alexandria and syene since the sun was directly overhead at syene.... Now this is not possible if there is no curvature, it wouldve been the same had it been the earth is flat....

So he hired someone to help him measure from Alexandria to syene and what is approximately equivalent to 800km was measured....

So if 800km gives 7.2° what will 360° give?(assuming roundness) simple proportion gives 40,000km approximately.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: by vedaxcool(m): 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
MrOlai:

Sadly there many Muslims subscribing to conspiracy theories rather than applying the use of their head. A SS1 student can easily disprove the flat earth theory. I don't understand how an adult will overlook all the evidence and believe such.

1 Like

Re: by vedaxcool(m): 1:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
hfeetham0:

So the sun now moves around the earth not the other way round?
Re: by onegig(m): 2:01pm On Jul 22, 2017
hfeetham0:

Really? Wait...how did you come to that conclusion?

We have seen statelite images of the earth which are 100% accurate and it shows it's round so how come you believe it is flat?

Is it because people don't fall off the earth? In a flat earth model if you reach the end you should fall off or what happens at the end?

2 Likes

Re: by MrOlai: 2:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
hfeetham0:

This is a Nigerian pilot, Ademilola Odujinrin, that made history as first African to fly the world solo (Circumnavigation of the Earth) early this year.

He completed the entire circumnavigation in a Cirrus SR22, stopping in more than 15 countries on five continents, returning to Washington DC, where his journey began back in September.

This is one of the proofs/evidence for the sphericity of the Earth.

Re: by hfeetham0(f): 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2017
AbdelKabir:

What if it was the sun that orbits the earth and not the other way round?

*this is what I believe* Geocentricity over heliocentricity...
the bolded! true!
Re: by hfeetham0(f): 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2017
vedaxcool:

Sadly there many Muslims subscribing to conspiracy theories rather than applying the use of their head. A SS1 student can easily disprove the flat earth theory. I don't understand how an adult will overlook all the evidence and believe such.
which of the evidenceS?

Re: by hfeetham0(f): 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
MrOlai:

This is a Nigerian pilot, Ademilola Odujinrin, that made history as first African to fly the world solo (Circumnavigation of the Earth) early this year.

He completed the entire circumnavigation in a Cirrus SR22, stopping in more than 15 countries on five continents, returning to Washington DC, where his journey began back in September.

This is one of the proofs/evidence for the sphericity of the Earth.
flying about the earth is a proof of spherical earth? c'mon be realistic
Re: by hfeetham0(f): 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
onegig:

Really? Wait...how did you come to that conclusion?

We have seen statelite images of the earth which are 100% accurate and it shows it's round so how come you believe it is flat?

Is it because people don't fall off the earth? In a flat earth model if you reach the end you should fall off or what happens at the end?
I came to my conclusions months after researching about it...

satellites images..? there is NO artificial satellite up there (don't be surprised). also man never landed on the moon.. also man can never escape the earth surface...

the earth is surrounded by the great ice of antartica that encycles the earth(illustrated below)

Re: by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 22, 2017
hfeetham0:
the bolded! true!

Well, using the evidences from the Qur'an and sunnah literally, one can't help but conclude its actually the sun that orbits the earth....

This is what shaykh ibn uthaymeen believed....
Re: by hfeetham0(f): 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Well, using the evidences from the Qur'an and sunnah literally, one can't help but conclude its actually the sun that orbits the earth....

This is what shaykh ibn uthaymeen believed....
true. if you go into the FE theory, it makes lot more sense, though might not be perfect, but it will be the closest to the truth...
A spherical earth is just a lie that have been installed in us...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection / The True Treasure : I Went To Steal From Him, But He Stole From Me – Inspiration / Istikharah Prayer: Rules And Signs Of Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.