Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? (92380 Views)

Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates / My Past Holds A Very Dark Secret, Should I Tell Or Bury It? / Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by VajanahDischaj(f): 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
Nerdg:
She told me of being pregnant and later had a stillbirth at the 7months.

The background.
I met her when we were teens and have always loved her. She refused me sex and along the line, her neighbor gave me (who is her relation). She learnt about this and we had our first break up.
We both got admission into different universities and couldn't see again.
We later met again and settled with a condition that there would be no sex. This didn't go down well with me and I called it off. This repeated and there was even a time I walked her out of my house because of this issue and didn't give her tfare. My house is like 1hr drive from where she lives.
The issue:
I love this girl to the extent that anytime I thought of getting married, she will come to mind.
Now I have a good job and she's done with school. I proposed to her and she accepted it.
Is about 3 months now, she came on my birthday 3 months ago. That was all. She doesn't come always because she stays with her elder brother and can't leave house just like that.

Note, we haven't had sex till now.

About 2 weeks ago, I told her about how I got a girl pregnant and we had to abort it and that since then I haven't been myself. That it pains me to this day. We talked about it and she was sorry over it.

Yesterday, we had a very deep discussion and she revealed to me that she had a relationship at school. They were together for 4yrs. I then asked her if she had ever missed her period. She said yes. But not to this school boyfriend but another man. She wanted to keep the pregnancy but her parents refused because the guy is not a good person. The guy wanted the pregnancy but her family didn't want the guy to marry her. She finally had a stillbirth at the 7th month.

I was stunned. I know she's not a virgin, she told me but I was confused. Sex had always been our problem and I never expected that she had experienced something like this. Now she asked me that she hope she won't regret telling me this. I told her no that she won't regret but I'm stunned.

Please should I still go on with this marriage?

u dont even deserve her... Ahhhh don't be happy, u are a greedy 4k! So u want to be 4king her cos of relationship. If u really loved her u should ve adviced her to focus on sch first. Rather u went to even belefull another ortekpu. It is wah for u, u deserve to marry an ashi

1 Like

Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by diamondstar90: 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
If u ask me the op has done a lot of bad things to the girl, how can u chase ur girl friend out of ur house because of sex. That girl likes u don't miss her And as for the sex I think she suspect u are a player and think if u get her body u will leave her. And for the tillbirth and abortion Na the same crime so una two na Sinner

My suggestion please no insult
Thanks

1 Like

Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by Abbey2sam(m): 6:17pm On Jul 22, 2017
madridguy:
From your write up I think she's trying to test you and see how you will react to her dark side too. She might as well be hurt to hear the dark side of you and maybe she cooked something up to see your reaction too.

My observation though.

smart
very Good observation

you could still be wrong though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by pbs4real(m): 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
cococandy:

Well Maybe she wasn't sexually interested in you then.

Don't take it personally.

I know some Guys have a hard time accepting no for answer.

Questions is: Did she get pregnant while dating you or was it in between one of your break ups? If it was during the time she was actively dating you, that means she cheated on you like you cheated on her with her neighbor. Meh. Goose. Gander. End of story. Sorry sha.

However if she got pregnant during one of the times when you guys were broken up, I don't see what the problem is.
Except that you can't imagine why she would want to fvck someone else but say no to you. Well news flash: Sexual attraction is a weird thing. Maybe she didn't have the hots for you then but she does now. Just enjoy the moment

sorry this doesn't make sense to me.

1 Like

Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
madridguy:
From your write up I think she's trying to test you and see how you will react to her dark side too. She might as well be hurt to hear the dark side of you and maybe she cooked something up to see your reaction too.

My observation though.

Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by okwyee(m): 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
Sterope:
She may not have been ready initially. You were so desperate that you slept with another because of it, that is a red flag to refuse you many times over. However it does sound suspicious for her to refuse you again especially if she was sexually active in a preceding relationship before this one but then it is a bit understandable given your history.

Aren't you a Christian? Isn't premarital sex a sin?undecided. Keep your body holy for God. If you want sex, marry her. smiley

Are you a virgin?
If not keep shut! and stop preaching against pre marital sex!

1 Like

Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by okwyee(m): 6:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
VajanahDischaj:
u dont even deserve her... Ahhhh don't be happy, u are a greedy 4k! So u want to be 4king her cos of relationship. If u really loved her u should ve adviced her to focus on sch first. Rather u went to even belefull another ortekpu. It is wah for u, u deserve to marry an ashi

The thing is you girls thinks when you have sex with bf you're doing them a favour when it clearly isn't!
what's the essence of insisting that she don't want sex when somebody have been giving her front and back?

3 Likes

Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by Oyindidi(f): 6:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
rosalieene:

miss, you are the one that knows everything about sex and marriage now. Miss relationship expert Mtcheewwwwww
Didn't mean to offend you
Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by Stoicbaba(m): 6:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
obyrich:
Part of the game! She wants to settle down and for fear of the OP finding out himself, she had to let him know with a promise not to change his attitude after hearing the secret. That's how manipulators behave. They box you into a tight corner where you will see yourself trying either to justify their wrong actions or wallowing in pity for them.

Hello sir...I really felt oblige to react to your line of thoughts. First, you should know that people actually do regret their past and they try to move on. Having said that, I would have wished that this info came out first before the proposal, so as Nerdg to really decide if he really loves the babe for real.

I love sincere people and I bet you, this most often make people trust you, whether immediate or in the future. This is how I have planned to bring up my kids (to be truthful at all times, irrespective of the repercussions).

Don't marry for pity but note for love sakes, forgiveness is divine.

NO ONE IS PERFECT, so always try not to judge.

Hope you won't be offended with me, quoting you...

1 Like

Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by obiwigan21(m): 7:08pm On Jul 22, 2017
lovelygurl:

Where I can protect the lady undecided

Do I know the lady or do I seem to be playing your ridiculous childish gender play. I am a boy so I defend boys or I am girl, so I defend girls undecided

The issue here is all about SEX. He should have made that crystal clear instead of talking about the abortion and stillbirth because how are those topics even related to each other.

And where the hell did he in his whole write up claim she gave SEVERAL men sex. She came back quite loose, so what? Does that mean it's a must for her to have sex with him. How is love even equal to sex?

My problem with the op is, he is talking about a super super secret, whining about a stillbirth and an abortion when his real problem is "sex"
[color=#006600][/color]

You are daft... I mean very dumb. The girl doesn't love the op, that's why she has always denied him sex... When a sexually active lady meets a guy she loves, she can't wait to have sex with the guy... is that part very difficult for you to understand??
Ask your self this question... Are you going to deny your bf that you love sex and then come and have sex with me?? Really?? The op should not marry the girl not because of the stillbirth, but because she doesn't love him...

3 Likes

Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by Praktikals(m): 7:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
Sterope:
Aren't you a Christian? Isn't premarital sex a sin?undecided. Keep your body holy for God. If you want sex, marry her. smiley

My sister, konji no get religion fa.
For a man above 18years once the body requests for it, its a call of nature and must be obeyed.
The biology is like this: it can be compared to a man who is pressed to urinate. There is a limit to how long you can hold it back. Once the cup is full, kongi go take over ni o. Whether you be sinner of saint. If i lie, ask pastor chris
Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by tamquezee(m): 7:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
Before trying to crucify her, pls also check the meaning of 'secret'. And two, what is scary about her action? You knowingly abort your own while she was forced to abort hers by her family. Now listen, you abort and she abort that's draw. Go ahead and marry her if u truly love her as you claim.

1 Like

Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by orjaha(m): 7:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
bro listen, I won't ask you to marry her or not

you impregnated a lady, this lady too got pregnant, you abort your with your gf, she too had stillbirth, u didn't want your, she wanted hers but she lost it
,,I can sense FATE in this case

you committed double sins ,, she committed only one

if she is your younger sister that this is happening to, how will u manage this issue bro?

this is what I have for bro ,,,, FOLLOW YOUR HEART SIR

1 Like

Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by Praktikals(m): 7:42pm On Jul 22, 2017
Nerdg:
She told me of being pregnant and later had a stillbirth at the 7months.

The background.
I met her when we were teens and have always loved her. She refused me sex and along the line, her neighbor gave me (who is her relation). She learnt about this and we had our first break up.
We both got admission into different universities and couldn't see again.
We later met again and settled with a condition that there would be no sex. This didn't go down well with me and I called it off. This repeated and there was even a time I walked her out of my house because of this issue and didn't give her tfare. My house is like 1hr drive from where she lives.
The issue:
I love this girl to the extent that anytime I thought of getting married, she will come to mind.
Now I have a good job and she's done with school. I proposed to her and she accepted it.
Is about 3 months now, she came on my birthday 3 months ago. That was all. She doesn't come always because she stays with her elder brother and can't leave house just like that.

Note, we haven't had sex till now.

About 2 weeks ago, I told her about how I got a girl pregnant and we had to abort it and that since then I haven't been myself. That it pains me to this day. We talked about it and she was sorry over it.

Yesterday, we had a very deep discussion and she revealed to me that she had a relationship at school. They were together for 4yrs. I then asked her if she had ever missed her period. She said yes. But not to this school boyfriend but another man. She wanted to keep the pregnancy but her parents refused because the guy is not a good person. The guy wanted the pregnancy but her family didn't want the guy to marry her. She finally had a stillbirth at the 7th month.

I was stunned. I know she's not a virgin, she told me but I was confused. Sex had always been our problem and I never expected that she had experienced something like this. Now she asked me that she hope she won't regret telling me this. I told her no that she won't regret but I'm stunned.

Please should I still go on with this marriage?

My 1 cent:
Continue the marriage plans if and only if you are capable of forgiving her wholeheartedly. Otherwise, pls let her find her bearing. You must also try to find out if there are other things she s keeping from u. And pls dont ever assume that a girl is decent simply cos she s playing hard to get for you. You deserve the best bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by Momot(f): 7:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
Right one.... ...
cococandy:
How exactly do you imagine yourself better than her or in a position to judge her?
Please explain your thought process to me.

She didn't even have an abortion. She had a still birth. so you're judging her for having had sex before she met you meanwhile you've been a hoe about town? Explain yourself sir.
Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by obiwigan21(m): 7:50pm On Jul 22, 2017
lovelygurl:

I can't believe you are judging women from all over the world, be it Asian, European, American based on Nairaland

But then again, your go back to the kitchen comment say it all undecided
[color=#006600][/color]

You are really dumb girl.. . Please go back to the kitchen..

1 Like

Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by obyrich(m): 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2017
Stoicbaba:

Hello sir...I really felt oblige to react to your line of thoughts. First, you should know that people actually do regret their past and they try to move on. Having said that, I would have wished that this info came out first before the proposal, so as Nerdg to really decide if he really loves the babe for real.

I love sincere people and I bet you, this most often make people trust you, whether immediate or in the future. This is how I have planned to bring up my kids (to be truthful at all times, irrespective of the repercussions).

Don't marry for pity but note for love sakes, forgiveness is divine.

NO ONE IS PERFECT, so always try not to judge.

Hope you won't be offended with me, quoting you...
No offence taken. You are entitled to your opinion. So am I.
Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by saintandsinnerz: 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2017
Psalm45:
Maybe, she was seeing u like somebody that wanted sex from her or she knows of ur sexcapades and she doesnt wamt to fall a victim. To me,Op go on with ur marriage plan unless u have doubt. undecided
And now she is desperately want to fall victim of his sexcapades? grin grin Women sef
Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by CaesarDon(m): 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2017
it beats my imagination to see guys in no sex relationships when their partner gives d pudding 2 a sharper guy, my honest opinion is dat she's a hypocrite and there nothing like starting afresh if she could beguile u when u haven't proposed there's a 95% chance she'd do d same when ure are married, pls pls and please leave her

don't mind d gals and guys saying u did d same thing,u c u were ready 2 commit and have sex with her probably only her, and she hoodwinked you

if dat sharp guy still comes calling even after marriage , oga her pudding is a goner
Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by Olakunlae: 8:06pm On Jul 22, 2017
YelloweWest:
Op this is my thoughts on what happened.

This young lady most likely made a vow at some point in her life not to have sex before marriage. Virgin or not.

Since u cheated on her ans dumped her because she refused u sex, her next relationship she had to break her vow in order to maintain the relationship. Then she became pregnant out of wedlock and realised her mistake.

Nedg ... This man is kinda right about this. I'm agreeing to this because my friend's current girlfriend gave away her virginity to him because she feels it's gonna keep the relationship as "no sex" ended her previous relationship not because she didn't love the previous guy —mind you she also made no sex relationship before marriage vow. But if she still insist no sex till marriage after convincing and assuring her that you will marry her, then there is more to it o.

Try ask her why she denies you sex but could give others. May God help you in your quest
Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by MrCork: 8:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
rosalieene:

miss, you are the one that knows everything about sex and marriage now. Miss relationship expert Mtcheewwwwww

.. Oyindidi is a known trouble maker on nairaland who refuses to change her color to lightskin....she suffffarrrin from inferrrrity complex ....she been on nairaland for 12 years(true story) undecided
Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by CaesarDon(m): 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2017
Blood of Elijah!!! and I just read d part dat u still haven't had sex with her and u foot her bills

I swear I wanna beat some sense into u, u think she dosent get honey, who do u think oils her engine

I reject every slowpoke spirit in ur life IJN

1 Like

Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by MrCork: 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2017
Oyindidi:
Didn't mean to offend you

..stop harrrrrasisment...stop harrrrrsin.
Rosalieene...she prettier..she's lightskin an she not on yorrr level!!(no oofeense)
angry
Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by Phut(f): 8:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
DICKtator:
What do you mean by "dark" ?

Like "dark" connotes negativity or something sinister.
Change that title to "White" secret

And no, it isn't "black"mail or "black" sheep,

It is "white"mail and "white" sheep. All meanings and references remains the same.
Kindly take note

grin grin grin grin
A lot of Nigerians are used to saying: 'don't paint me black.' Most of the black-related entries in the English dictionary, have a negative connotation. Blackballed, blacklisted, blackhearted, black knight, to name just a few. On the other hand you have white knight used for a savior, white lie to describe a lie that is not serious and white to describe the very creators of that language

2 Likes

Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by sweetkech: 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2017
If I may ask, what about the other girl that had an abortion, the one you impregnate? why don't you marry that one?or you feel she's a spoilt brat, because she had an abortion, you want to go for a decent girl, lol! now you have seen how "decent" she is. she refused you sex because she never loved you, marry her, more secrets will unfold. mind you,you have not made love to her oooo, make love to her and see if you still feel thesame.i just dislike gals that form holy holy, whereas na dem bad pass
Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by GreatChizzy: 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
SosBuss17:
In my opinion, she didn't give into you because she was irritated by you constantly putting her under pressure for sex and you were also very promiscuous. She didn't see a future with your kind of person back in the days.

In my own opinion again, she also had sex with other men because you kind of pushed her into it with your constant irritating sexual advances, irritating lifestyle and constant breakups. She didn't see the need to be faithful to you. Mind you, she is only now with you because her parent didn't like the other man and she had a stillbirth. You are not her number one choice. The truth be told.

Moving forward: The truth hurts but you can't move forward in this relationship when you are fixated on the past.

If it bothers you soo much, please dedicate some time to seek the face of God and then; only you can decide. AND I do hope you are a changed man.

I hope you make the right decision to enable you move forward.

WHAT IS THIS ONE SAYING

1 Like

Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by jay2smart19(m): 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
madridguy:

My observation though.
my ex told me she has a baby out of wed luck on our second date. I lost not just appetite dat evening. turns out to b a lie. but for a girl dat denies me booming n doesn't check me always cos she can't go out like dat telling me she would have married som1 else if not for her parent; bro dat one pass expensive joke. Na rough play. I no be Romeo na. I didn't conclude ooooo. I can except a child out of wed luck but not a girl dat deny me booming and getting prego for not the schl bf oo BT anada man termed wrong by her family. I think I have now oo.
Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by poseidon12: 9:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
You have to find out when this her pregnancy happened. Was it when she was telling you about no sex before marriage? If yes, I would not go on with marrying her.
Most girls who play this no sex game still go on to be having sex with someone else.
Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by poseidon12: 9:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
snowlord:
Op Dnt B Dcvd,she Doznt Lov U...Dnt Marry,she Bn Wt Oda Guys Bt Wont Wt U . To her u just a back up,she wil evn reveal more 1c u r married.n blv me u wont b able to deal,dhz more to marriage dan jex lov,doh lov is a nec. part

I agree with you. She was just keeping the guy as backup. In her other relationships, she was sexually active. But with the OP, it's no sex before marriage.

2 Likes

Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by poseidon12: 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
teresafaith:
Op has already made a decision and he is looking for who will pat him on the back and encourage him to dump her, but lemme tell you the bitter truth "YOU AN HYPOCRITE"

Well your fellow morons are cheering you on, but know that what we sow is what we will reap

So you don't see any thing wrong with the fact that she was having sex in her other relationships but with the OP, it's no sex before marriage? That would not be acceptable to me unless I'm convinced she became seriously born again (Deeper Life type) when we started dating.
Re: She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? by okwyee(m): 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
Sterope:
Sorry, I don't treat lunaticssmiley. Why don't you try another moniker?smiley

Thank you!

It's clear you're the lunatic here is dear. My little advice for you, stop bitching around! smiley
peace!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Photo Of The Woman Who Died In A Car Accident While Chasing Her Cheating Husband / My Wife Gave Me The Shock Of My Life. Help! / Man Flogs His Wife With Belt For Slapping His Side Chic At Filmhouse, LEKKI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.