Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,108 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement (10439 Views)

AMCON To Sell Polaris Bank After 2019 Elections / AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi / Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Guest House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by Truth234(m): 5:45am On Jul 22, 2017
Justice A. T. Mohammed of The Federal High Court, Abeokuta Division, Ogun State, has granted an injunction against Gateway Portland Cement Limited and Dr. Olumuyiwa Odegbami on the application of the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria.

Consequent upon the court order, AMCON said its receiver, Mr. Charles Adeogun-Phillips, had formally taken possession of Gateway Portland Cement factories and facilities located in Abeokuta and Mowe areas of Ogun State over a debt profile of nearly N3bn, according to a statement by the corporation on Friday.

The debt has been a subject of litigation for some time now.

The court restrained the firm and its promoters, their agents and privies from moving into the company, withdrawing money from or with any bank or financial institutions that hitherto did business with it pending the hearing and determination of the suit to be filed by the applicants for the recovery of the outstanding debts.

The order also restrained Gateway Portland Cement and the promoters by themselves, their agents, servants and, or their privies from interfering with or otherwise obstructing or frustrating the AMCON-appointed receiver in performing his duties.

Gateway Portland Cement and its promoters were directed to deliver to the receiver manager all the charged assets of the firm in their possession forthwith.

To ensure that the court order is carried out as directed, Justice Mohammed directed the Inspector General of Police, the Assistant Inspectors General of Police and Commissioners of Police in charge of any location where the pledged assets of the firm might be found to assist the bailiff and the AMCON receiver, Adeogun-Phillips, in the enforcement of the order.

http://investorsking.com/court-orders-amcon-take-gateway-portland-cement/
Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by seunlayi(m): 6:11am On Jul 22, 2017
FTC dedicated to the person below me for hitting the nail directly on the head

1 Like

Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 22, 2017
NASO. Welcome to nigeria. rich man goes to bank to collect loan from his padis(bank management), no collateral. uses loan to fund lavish lifestyle, loan goes bad. bank cries to CBN/amcon. Amcon take over the loan (the nation/tax payer bears the loss. must be cool to be rich tho. In this pic below is former skye bank chairman who was disposed (not arrested or tried, he is chilling) after giving loans to many of his friends company and others owned by him. Now CBN has taken over SKye bank and he walks free . i love Nigeria mehn

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by Aikayy: 7:33am On Jul 22, 2017
Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by kenbee(f): 7:34am On Jul 22, 2017
AMCON should also take over Nigeria
A nation without President.
From Recession to Depression.

10 Likes

Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 22, 2017
From PdP to apc
Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by Ijaya123: 7:37am On Jul 22, 2017
Waiting for those that claim witch-hunting and ethnic persecution.
Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by jordyspices: 7:38am On Jul 22, 2017
AMCON taking over ppl business is alright
Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by tiger28: 7:40am On Jul 22, 2017
You WON'T hear Yorubas crying witch hunt now. If it were the OTHER people (ifeanyi uba folks),it would have been collosal wailings and threats up and down.......it is well!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 22, 2017
grin

➡Bank verified PayPal account for sale (USA) @ cheap price

➡Card Verified PayPal account for sale (USA) cheap price.

➡Instant Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer, Guru withdrawal service available @ good rate

Contact@ Signature. ⬇⬇⬇

1 Like

Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by anthonypeters(m): 7:42am On Jul 22, 2017
One of the victims of Dangote Cement

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by Ekakamba: 7:42am On Jul 22, 2017
Etisalat boom!

Gateway Portland Cement boom!

PHCN? I wanna see my former NEPA Abeg. grin tongue
Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by RealHaute: 7:45am On Jul 22, 2017
The business environment in Nigeria is just crazy. Good thing I can be crazy too. grin
Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by question(m): 7:47am On Jul 22, 2017
all in this jungle called naija.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:49am On Jul 22, 2017
when are they going to take over Dangote group I heard he owned them billions ...Government of the north for the North and by the North

1 Like

Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:52am On Jul 22, 2017
It's a pity that Gateway Portland Cement being one of the market leaders in the cement industry in the past now find themselves in this financial struggle. It shows the business environment is strict. Anyway, it is well.
Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:53am On Jul 22, 2017
Narldon:
Am about to send you a classified document somebody in ASO Rock smuggled out. shocked

Our country is in deep trouble. Am so touched and in deep sadness I just have to share wit u before going to be... cry sad

Pls also find time to pray.

Pls be careful because it's a classified document

Delete after reading please. sad

Password is 4448

This is the oldest lie in the book.

10 Likes

Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:54am On Jul 22, 2017
NEPA dey give me the impression say I don relocate from 9ja.
Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by nnamdi7160: 7:57am On Jul 22, 2017
tiger28:
You WON'T hear Yorubas crying witch hunt now. If it were the OTHER people (ifeanyi uba folks),it would have been collosal wailings and threats up and down.......it is well!

Chief waiver, did Ifeanyi Ubah collect loan?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by mrvitalis(m): 8:01am On Jul 22, 2017
Ok
Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by vedaxcool(m): 8:05am On Jul 22, 2017
Na wa oh cement no move ni wey these people no fit pay.
Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by Akinz0126(m): 8:08am On Jul 22, 2017
Narldon:
Am about to send you a classified document somebody in ASO Rock smuggled out. shocked

Our country is in deep trouble. Am so touched and in deep sadness I just have to share wit u before going to be... cry sad

Password is 4448

Chai I was convince @ first you be ehn plenty bananas fall on you

1 Like

Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by Jaideyone(m): 8:13am On Jul 22, 2017
kenbee:
AMCON should also take over Nigeria
A nation without President.
From Recession to Depression.
quit exhibiting your foolishness. There was recession but there was no recession. Even the US has higher rate of recession than Nigeria. No big deal. We are out of it now. Illiterate

1 Like

Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by Jaideyone(m): 8:15am On Jul 22, 2017
Narldon:

Password is 4448
lol madt woman

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by hasyak(m): 8:21am On Jul 22, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
when are they going to take over Dangote group I heard he owned them billions ...Government of the north for the North and by the North

You hear ba?
OK prove it?
Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:24am On Jul 22, 2017
hasyak:

You hear ba? OK prove it?
how should I , when Nigeria government is a family business
Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 22, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:

SO long as you are servicing your debt according to the terms and conditions agreed by the creditor and you the debtor....AMCON has no business with you.

Besides, a Dantata was taken over by AMCON.....so what's all them Northern business.?

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:46am On Jul 22, 2017
9jakohai:

SO long as you are servicing your debt according to the terms and conditions agreed by the creditor and you the debtor....AMCON has no business with you.

Besides, a Dantata was taken over by AMCON.....so what's all them Northern business.?
we heard it was taken over by AMCON , are u there when they sealed dantata group bros forget this media war, until I see him begging in the street then will I believe you, we don't have billions in Nigeria , the ones we had made their billions at expense of you and me
Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by starpower(m): 8:52am On Jul 22, 2017
I almost thought am a James Bond cast.
OLUJOSHINS:

This is the oldest lie in the book.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by chigoizie7(m): 10:31am On Jul 22, 2017
Hmmm, please when are they taking over EEDC?
Re: Court Orders AMCON To Take Over Gateway Portland Cement by seunlayi(m): 5:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
chigoizie7:
Hmmm, please when are they taking over EEDC?
very soon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why An Online Business Is The Best Home Business To Make You Rich / Aliexpress Your Order Has Been Closed. (experiences & Solved) / Can I Use A Payoneer Master Card On A Nigerian ATM Machine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.