Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

WAEC Throws Light On Exam Remarking, Withheld And Outstanding Result - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC Throws Light On Exam Remarking, Withheld And Outstanding Result (15842 Views)

Onyiuke Akachukwu Matthew Tackles JAMB On Withheld UTME Result / How To Apply For WAEC Script Remarking / JAMB To Start 2017 Sales Of Form, Agrees On Exam Timetable With WAEC, NECO.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC Throws Light On Exam Remarking, Withheld And Outstanding Result by gawu1: 11:00am On Jul 22, 2017
Guyman02:
I have seen many students moving from the South to the North to register for WAEC, over here in Nasarawa answers are written on the the black board directly from the test books and many of them will still fail.

So a student who can simply read and write from the South coming here will have a field day copying from his text books unmolested during the exams and WAEC seldom withhold results here because they may never have a second chance to rewrite since the state govts pay the students WAEC fees.

While the female students are writing their exams their husbands are standing and watching them from the windows and as an invigilator you keep your distance to avoid trouble if you see them doing 'expo' I just wonder how the North will ever catch up with the South in terms of education backwardness.

It's so bad that many parents in Abuja now go to Niger or Nasarawa states to register their wards and they come out with 9 credits in one sitting and they boast to their neighbors about how 'brilliant' their kids are.
We must not give everything wrong with us tribal, religion, or regional colouration; otherwise we fail for solution to it.
Exam malpractices know no tribe, religion or region in nigeria. It's like talking about election rigging, but one blaming it on a particular tribe, religion, party or region. I did my NYSC in Ondo state between 2007 and 2008 and what happened there during Waec examination was not different with that your narration. Five of my friends who also served in Abia, Bayalsa, cross river, borno, and anambra gave similar testimonies.
It's not only in the north that exam malpractices are done freely. In fact, it's done so freely in most part of the south. This, I heard from an experienced and widely travelled Waec official that malpractices in the north are child play if compare with what is happening in the south, especially the riverine areas.
Besides, every discerning mind knows where, when, and how exam malpractices were introduced into northern nigeria. I can bet with my life that those names of south you see writing Waec in the north are not actually imported purposely to write there, but are children whose parents reside in the north. As such, the south to north Waec exodus is a Figment of your types' imaginations. Every year Waec does it rating after result released we don't see Nasarawa, niger or any state from north occupying position enviable. Isn't it right to say that reverse would have been the case if what you spew there were complete truth?
There is exam malpractices in the north, but it's not the worst. Simple!
Re: WAEC Throws Light On Exam Remarking, Withheld And Outstanding Result by princeSammyz: 12:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
AmbFitsaint:

Ondo.State?
No. Kogi State
Re: WAEC Throws Light On Exam Remarking, Withheld And Outstanding Result by enemyofprogress: 1:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
professorchuks:
소ㅑㄴ ㅑㄴ ㅁ 려ㅜㅜㅛ ㅣ무혐ㅎ드. 애ㅜㅅ ㅅ교 새 ㄱㄷㅁㅇ ㅑㅅ 챜 ㅕ ㅡ묘 ㅎㄷㅅ ㅣㅐㄴㅅ
are you serious? Thanks for this important information, I will work on it
Re: WAEC Throws Light On Exam Remarking, Withheld And Outstanding Result by APCsupporter: 1:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
Guyman02:
I have seen many students moving from the South to the North to register for WAEC, over here in Nasarawa answers are written on the the black board directly from the test books and many of them will still fail.

So a student who can simply read and write from the South coming here will have a field day copying from his text books unmolested during the exams and WAEC seldom withhold results here because they may never have a second chance to rewrite since the state govts pay the students WAEC fees.

While the female students are writing their exams their husbands are standing and watching them from the windows and as an invigilator you keep your distance to avoid trouble if you see them doing 'expo' I just wonder how the North will ever catch up with the South in terms of education backwardness.

It's so bad that many parents in Abuja now go to Niger or Nasarawa states to register their wards and they come out with 9 credits in one sitting and they boast to their neighbors about how 'brilliant' their kids are.
what kind of nonsense is this? can you provide any proof for this nonsense that you just posted? what do you guys even aim to achieve by posting baseless lies everywhere? That's how some bastard were saying that 100 is the cut off mark for jamb in the north. provide proof for what you just posted if you are the true son of your father!
besides, the number of irregularities that jamb detected in the South is by far more than that of the North. nonsense

nextprince
friendng

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WAEC Throws Light On Exam Remarking, Withheld And Outstanding Result by emmymdk: 2:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
Guyman02:

I served in Taraba State! And got reposted from my PPA to an interior village because I declined a request from my Principal to go and copy the Answer on the board for my students during 2016 WAEC exam.

Only God knows what he told my LI, all efforts made by me to protest it was thrown away as I was never allowed to defend myself before NYSC officials or even ask them what my offence was.

I just kept mute and finished my service year.

1 Like

Re: WAEC Throws Light On Exam Remarking, Withheld And Outstanding Result by emmymdk: 2:08pm On Jul 22, 2017
princeSammyz:
How about those with "RESULTS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS CANDIDATE IN THE SPECIFIED YEAR" error message. Have been trying to check for my cousin and I keep getting that response. Anyone with useful help?

My cousin gets the same message... I emailed WAEC and they are yet to reply since ages
Re: WAEC Throws Light On Exam Remarking, Withheld And Outstanding Result by nextprince: 2:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
APCsupporter:

what kind of nonsense is this? can you provide any proof for this nonsense that you just posted? what do you guys even aim to achieve by posting baseless lies everywhere? That's how some bastard were saying that 100 is the cut off mark for jamb in the north. provide proof for what you just posted if you are the true son of your father!
besides, the number of irregularities that jamb detected in the South is by far more than that of the North. nonsense

nextprince
friendng

You dey mind dem?
Sometimes, I laugh uncontrollably whenever I see them celebrating the outcomes of public exams. Why should candidates register for exams outside their nearest examination centres?
Meanwhile, these were announced because of the accident that claimed lives.

9 candidates were killed in an accident on their way from Enugu to PH for exam.
https://www.nairaland.com/1272986/nine-jamb-candidates-died-horrific#15466366

43 candidates were killed in an accident between Abia and Edo for same reason
https://allafrica.com/stories/200208140219

Why were they travelling? The examination body has this to say - SPECIAL EXAMINATION CENTRES.
https://amp/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/prospective-utme-candidates-need-know-2017-jamb/amp/&ved

486 examination malpractice centres in Anambra alone were closed down.
https://www.nairaland.com/1823420/anambra-close-486-exam-miracle#24870522

The champions of exam malpractices in Nigeria.
https://ezeja.com/2017/02/22/abia-tops-malpractice-list-2016-necogce-results-released/&ved

Immediately after my NYSC, I participated in marking of WAEC & NECO in the North. And you know most times exam scripts are swapped between zones for the purpose of marking. On one occasion, I marked Physics from two different examination centres in Abia.
I cleared over 250 booklets in less than 48 hrs, you know what that means, booklets were practically blank, hence easy to mark, just close the pages with a diagonal line across blank spaces.

My colleague wasn't that lucky, it took him same 48 hrs to clear less than 70 booklets, meaning the "candidates" made good attempts, I had to assist him cos he was running out of time and indeed we still got an extra helping hand to meet up with time.

Meanwhile, we both marked same state. The question now is, why were some centres practically zero and others almost 90% from the same state?

The answer lies in the existence of Magic Centres. Few candidates weren't buoyant to get registered in those special centres.

CC Guyman02

1 Like

Re: WAEC Throws Light On Exam Remarking, Withheld And Outstanding Result by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
Guyman02:

Thank you my brother for saying the truth about the South.

Re: WAEC Throws Light On Exam Remarking, Withheld And Outstanding Result by nextprince: 2:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
emmymdk:

I served in Taraba State! And got reposted from my PPA to an interior village because I declined a request from my Principal to go and copy the Answer on the board for my students during 2016 WAEC exam.

Only God knows what he told my LI, all efforts made by me to protest it was thrown away as I was never allowed to defend myself before NYSC officials or even ask them what my offence was.

I just kept mute and finished my service year.

If we are all to narrate our stories involving exam malpractices in the south as well, I don't think the internet will contain them.
So, the most appropriate means of getting information about examination malpractices is through the exam bodies themselves and some research journals which are all over the internet.
On any of those publications, the south is always in the lead.
Now, imagine, over 480 examination malpractice centres were closed in just one state, Anambra. Now, for God's sake, how many examination centres are in Anambra alone that over 480 are malpractice centres?
So, forget that thing, we all know how d thing dey roll.
Re: WAEC Throws Light On Exam Remarking, Withheld And Outstanding Result by princeSammyz: 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2017
emmymdk:

My cousin gets the same message... I emailed WAEC and they are yet to reply since ages
Okay. Please endeavour to share any useful response.
Re: WAEC Throws Light On Exam Remarking, Withheld And Outstanding Result by APCsupporter: 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2017
nextprince:

You dey mind dem?
Sometimes, I laugh uncontrollably whenever I see them celebrating the outcomes of public exams. Why should candidates register for exams outside their nearest examination centres?
Meanwhile, these were announced because of the accident that claimed lives.

9 candidates were killed in an accident on their way from Enugu to PH for exam.
https://www.nairaland.com/1272986/nine-jamb-candidates-died-horrific#15466366

43 candidates were killed in an accident between Abia and Edo for same reason
https://allafrica.com/stories/200208140219

Why were they travelling? The examination body has this to say - SPECIAL EXAMINATION CENTRES.
https://amp/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/prospective-utme-candidates-need-know-2017-jamb/amp/&ved

486 examination malpractice centres in Anambra alone were closed down.

The champions of exam malpractices in Nigeria.
https://ezeja.com/2017/02/22/abia-tops-malpractice-list-2016-necogce-results-released/&ved

Immediately after my NYSC, I participated in marking of WAEC & NECO in the North. And you know most times exam scripts are interchanged between zones for the purpose of marking. On one occasion, I marked Physics from two different examination centres in Abia.
I cleared over 250 booklets in less than 48 hrs, you know what that means, booklets were practically blank, hence easy to mark, just close the pages with a diagonal line across blank spaces.

My colleague wasn't that lucky, it took him same 48 hrs to clear less than 70 booklets, meaning the "candidates" made good attempts, I had to assist him cos he was running out of time and indeed we still got an extra helping hand to meet up with time.

Meanwhile, we both marked same state. The question now is, why were some centres practically zero and others almost 90% from the same state?

The answer lies in the existence of Magic Centres. Few candidates weren't buoyant to get registered in those special centres.

CC Guyman02

just imagine! But the only thing in their 10kb brain is "north"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC Throws Light On Exam Remarking, Withheld And Outstanding Result by youngstarlit(m): 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
The Olusegun Agagu Foundation was established to immortalise the name and legacy of the late Dr. Olusegun Agagu. The aim of the foundation is to improve lives by supporting existing scholarships as well as awarding new scholarships. It also focuses on improving lives in the areas of academics, geology, petroleum engineering, energy, politics/good governance, culture and arts (highlife music), service and aviation trauma.

See Scholarship description, details, application deadline, how to apply and all other necessary information by clickinghere
Re: WAEC Throws Light On Exam Remarking, Withheld And Outstanding Result by AmbFitsaint(m): 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
jihday:
is it peculiar to ondo state alone? because my brother too has same issue

Yeah! Public schools in Ondo State.

The State is yet to clear her Waec bills!
Re: WAEC Throws Light On Exam Remarking, Withheld And Outstanding Result by dalass(f): 9:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
Ogun state waec 2017 results is being withheld like last year's 2016 which got released around March 2017... I heard that they are yet to pay for the waec... God help us..
Re: WAEC Throws Light On Exam Remarking, Withheld And Outstanding Result by Aokiii: 8:23pm On Aug 06, 2017
I had 4 A1's and 4 B3's this year and my mathematics is outstanding sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kaduna Schools To Remain Closed Till Further Notice - State Governmet / NASU Plans Solidarity Strike In Support Of ASUU. / How To Survive In A Nigerian Campus In This Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.