Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) (42566 Views)

Ezinne Kalu Graduates With First Class In Law From UK University (Photos) / Fiyinfunoluwa Osinbajo Graduates From UK University (Photos) / Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by johnnny12(m): 10:14am On Jul 22, 2017
while he not send the boy to government university? I can sense scam

Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by giftiy(m): 10:17am On Jul 22, 2017
nzeobi:
leadership by example unlike those who claim they are poor but send their kids abroad.
let's get it straight
covenant university is far more expensive
than some of these universities in Europe.
Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by dikeigbo2(m): 10:18am On Jul 22, 2017
I don't know why like this man so much......he does almost everything well......growing our local content,unlike others wey sabi talk but no sabi do...as always in the news...their son graduated from Uk,US,CN and Uwanile university.....ride on Peter the Rock Ayodele Fayose.

1 Like

Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by giftiy(m): 10:21am On Jul 22, 2017
love23401:
Photos: Ayo Fayose's Son Graduates From Covenant University, Says; "Children Of Public Office Holders Should Attend Schools In Nigeria"

Ekiti State Governor, Ayo Fayose's fourth son, Rogba, graduated from Covenant University in Ogun state yesterday July 21st. Fayose in company of his wife, Feyisetan and other sons, attended the convocation ceremony which held in the school's premises. While speaking to newsmen, Fayose called on Nigerians to invest in the country's education sector expressing belief that a Nigerian university can one day emerge best in the world with proper funding. According to him, Children of public office holders should attend schools in Nigeria.

"I won't condemn people for sending their wards to study abroad but I have always believed the best could be gotten here in Nigeria. During my first tenure as governor, I withdrew my sons from a private school(Olashore International School) to SPEB public primary school in Ekiti, an initiative of my then administration. My Sons graduated from Nigerian Universities, I want others to emulate me, we have the best here, we can choose to invest here. We talk and do. Whatever we say is what we practice. Apart from the fact that none of children attended schools abroad, I have never travelled out of the country for Medicare. Even though views of people like us might not be popular among the powers that be because we say the truth and act the truth, we won’t stop telling them what they do not like to hear and one of such is that the only way to improve the standard of education in the country is for children of holders of public office to experience what children of ordinary Nigerians are experiencing in schools in the country"he said.

Speaking further, Fayose said "As a parent, we are fulfilled. Graduating from here is a value added to his life, as the fourth son of the family and the third to graduate from this University, it gladdens our hearts and we are happy to identify with him, we thank God for his life and we thank the University for helping us to train him. When you have certificate issued to you, it comes with character, I urge modern day Nigerian graduates to make a sense out of the certificate and the character and take advantage of the opportunities they were exposed to so as to have a better tomorrow for themselves and the future generations. I wish these graduands the best and pray that the parents reap the fruits of their labour over them".

https://www.digestng.com/2017/07/22/photos-ayo-fayoses-son-graduates-from-covenant-university-says-children-of-public-office-holders-should-attend-schools-in-nigeria/
why covenant
what happen to university of AdoEkiti?
Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by bendike: 10:21am On Jul 22, 2017
MediumStout:
Why not send his son to ekiti state university? What's the difference between covenant and studying abroad when covenant lecturers are mostly expatriates? Fayose is a hypocrite
Covenant university cost N750,000 per session which is a little over 1000 pounds. I do not think that is in anyway comparable to studying abroad. Universities in the UK cost in excess of 10,000k pounds per session for foreign students.

1 Like

Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 22, 2017
lovelygurl:

Only 1 person graduated with a first class? shocked
Well there are departments in cu that don't produce much first class. The highest ones are Accounting, Economics, Engineering and Architecture.
Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 22, 2017
hadizadeezy:
here is One gullible Nigerian........what's the difference between the fees abroad ati convenant?

our money is not taken outside to build others economy
Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 22, 2017
giftiy:

let's get it straight

lets get it straight,
we are not using our money to develop other countries...

1 Like

Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by macphilip: 10:28am On Jul 22, 2017
MediumStout:
Why not send his son to ekiti state university? What's the difference between covenant and studying abroad when covenant lecturers are mostly expatriates? Fayose is a hypocrite
If he had sent his son to Ekiti state university, you would still come here to say why didn't Fayose send his son to Ado Poly

6 Likes

Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 22, 2017
Mcowubaba:
Too many Gullible and illiterate people in this Country.
How can someone be comparing the fees of Covenant and that of Abroad (USA, Canada, UK, etc)

How much does Covenant students pay or spend, compared to foreign trained students ,?

Money used to train someone (1 person) in a University in USA, can be used in training 4 people in Covenant university

Ride on Fayose
Not to even talk of flight ticket of "to and fro" ffrom those countries.

1 Like

Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by CaptainBlaise(m): 10:31am On Jul 22, 2017
BuhariNaWah:
We know Drogba
We have seen Pogba
Which one is Rogba again?!

Drogba's alter ego perhaps
Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by Thisis2raw(m): 10:38am On Jul 22, 2017
hadizadeezy:
here is One gullible Nigerian........what's the difference between the fees abroad ati convenant?
but at least he is not enriching some school abroad
Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by Mcowubaba: 10:38am On Jul 22, 2017
Statsocial:

Not to even talk of flight ticket of "to and fro" ffrom those countries.
don't mind them, the round ticket for USA now, Economy class is over 700K.
Just flight alone, we haven't talked about school fees of 30,000 USD per year, that's over 12 million Naira per year.

How much does Covenant students pay throughout their schooling
undecided
Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by ariwokoigbore(m): 10:39am On Jul 22, 2017
nice one
Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by nzeobi(m): 10:39am On Jul 22, 2017
giftiy:

let's get it straight
the most important thing is that the money will be invested in Nigeria to improve the system and create jobs
Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by Urukpe: 10:44am On Jul 22, 2017
hadizadeezy:

U are more gullible.
Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by sampsun(m): 10:45am On Jul 22, 2017
hadizadeezy:

At least tax was paid to Nigerian government, Nigerian workforce was paid with their money, Naira was not used to buy dollars n no tax on school fees using dollars.

Unless ur sycophancy n hatred for Fayose is attached to your scrotum you have no case against Him.

If only bubu went to covenant university teaching hospital his case might have been slightly different n Nigerian money wouldn't be used on Aircraft parking lot.
Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by ihatesycophant(m): 10:49am On Jul 22, 2017
This should not be news in the first place. Why should a public servant taken his children to a private university that pays close to a million be a news while foreign school tuition is not up to that. I remembered that one of OBJ sons graduated from ABU and another graduated from Obafemi Awolowo universities but he never made noise about it. A man that cannot put his son in a state owned university that pays lesser trying to campaign to us the need for public servants to do same. I heard a mass communication student pays #800,000, then what would a law student pays? Even in some foreign schools, medicine students don't pay us to #500,000.
Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by Urukpe: 10:53am On Jul 22, 2017
banmee:

It is almost like the brain power of the average Nigerian is permanently stunted to that of a 12 year old. It doesn't matter what he does. He is an incompetent corrupt official and his actions should never be applauded. What you all should be thinking and talking about is how to get him and people like him out of you lives permanently. You guys have some kind of undiagnosed amnesia that is spreading like wildfire in Nigeria. Smh

Please name one competent and corrupt free Nigeria politician. U must be high on Mary Jane
Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by Urukpe: 10:56am On Jul 22, 2017
giftiy:

let's get it straight

Please educate us and name those Universities in Europe. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by Urukpe: 11:00am On Jul 22, 2017
ihatesycophant:
This should not be news in the first place. Why should a public servant taken his children to a private university that pays close to a million be a news while foreign school tuition is not up to that. I remembered that one of OBJ sons graduated from ABU and another graduated from Obafemi Awolowo universities but he never made noise about it. A man that cannot put his son in a state owned university that pays lesser trying to campaign to us the need for public servants to do same. I heard a mass communication student pays #800,000, then what would a law student pays? Even in some foreign schools, medicine students don't pay us to #500,000.

It is news because saints are training their children abroad and a sinner is training his in Nigeria
Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by banmee(m): 11:02am On Jul 22, 2017
Urukpe:

Please name one competent and corrupt free Nigeria politician. U must be high on Mary Jane

There are none. Do you know why? Because, unlike what you all think, the problem in Nigeria is not the leadership. It is you the citizenry. The citizenry in Nigeria is unbelievably bad and there is no way in hell a good leader can from the pool of you. You all just go to school to mark attendance. You don't learn anything. Democracy is "government of the people, by the people, for the people". "Of" the people. Meaning your leaders come from you and when you are bad, your leaders will be bad. (You can thank me later for teaching you something new. I could save you millions in education. Just ask me stuff and i will break it down for you) It is not by magic that Nigeria has not produced one good leader in over half a century. Half a century bro. Keep blaming your leaders. Don't worry. One will magically fall from the sky one day.

1 Like

Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by komekn(m): 11:10am On Jul 22, 2017
hadizadeezy:

You have 33+ likes and quite a number of shares. You make a proposition that has no substance whatsoever or even parameter of measurement. And then as if we lack understanding quite good a number of likes implying there is agreement.

Abroad in the context you are using it has no meaning.
Abroad could mean Liberia, Ghana, Sudan, Kazakhstan, etc, etc

But I will be liberal and make presumptions. The number one destination for the education of our elite is the UK followed by the USA and Canada.

Annual tuition fees in the UK for an undergraduate degree are moving closer to £10k. Add to the tuition costs, accommodation fees and upkeep you really are talking about £30k per year to put your child through university in the UK comfortably. That is about 14 million naira plus at today's rate.

Convenant university annual average annual tuition fees are about 700k naira. Staying in the Halls of residence maybe 400k I guess upkeep for the year maybe a 500k or less or how much your parents want to spoil you. In total your costs are around 1.5 million naira annually in total.

So it will cost you around 10 times more to pursue a undergraduate programme of study in a UK university.

Essentially the proposition of comparison is nonsensical.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Where did Buhari's son graduate from again? Where did Buhari's daughter graduate from again ? Where did Buhari's assistants children graduate from again ? Where is Buhari being treated again ? Where is our presidential jet parked again ? Buharism is a myth that has been shattered, bursted , unmasked , revealed , uncovered and demystified for what it actually is which is Big Lie , a Big Fraud , a mental hiest of incredible proportion and a lesson in personality Con artistry by a master of mass deciet called Muhammadu Buhari .

wake up to reality the presidential election as bin ova 2yrs + now ... gud punchlines i must say keep them or save them nii,,2019 cum back online u'll make sense .... meanwhile u can av my handkerhief

1 Like

Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by Urukpe: 11:23am On Jul 22, 2017
banmee:

There are none. Do you know why? Because, unlike what you all think, the problem in Nigeria is not the leadership. It is you the citizenry. The citizenry in Nigeria is unbelievably bad and there is no way in hell a good leader can from the pool of you. You all just go to school to mark attendance. You don't learn anything. Democracy is "government of the people, by the people, for the people". "Of" the people. Meaning your leaders come from you and when you are bad, your leaders will be bad. (You can thank me later for teaching you something new. I could save you millions in education. Just ask me stuff and i will break it down for you) It is not by magic that Nigeria has not produced one good leader in over half a century. Half a century bro. Keep blaming your leaders. Don't worry. One will magically fall from the sky one day.

People are the same everywhere, what differentiate us is systems. The same Nigerians u mentioned do well and behave outside Nigeria, while don't they carry their so call bad characters there?

This is the reason we are calling for restructuring or breakup, the system need to change.

Outside that what fayose did was commendable weather u agree or not.
Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by kode12: 11:27am On Jul 22, 2017
hadizadeezy:
I think you are wrong here. It isn't about the fees, its about accessing quality education within the shores of the country. Why travel outside if covenant university which is Nigerian can offer the same quality? If the government pays more than just lip service to improving the quality of education in Nigeria, imagine the thousands of students that'd rather be schooled here than taken abroad and think about what boost such earnings will do to the economy. Do you have any idea how much is lost of tuition for overseas education pa.? His being a public office holder, does not prevent him from giving his kid the best education available, choosing to do it within the country, is a good case of leading by example. If you don't agree its, that's downright hypocrisy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 22, 2017
MediumStout:
The difference is that money is retained in Nigeria not moved out of the country
Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 22, 2017
andyanders:
That was a good one by Ayo Fayose. 99% of Nigerian politicians send their children to school abroad cus of the way they steal public fund and starch them abroad. They are all afraid of death of themselves and their immediate families in case their evil deeds are been exposed.

What Fayose has done, I do not think any of these our political office holders can do same cus of the evil they have committed as they are afraid to die. When anything happens, they escape abroad.
99% is false and is not true. Most politicians send their kids abroad which is true
Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by Innogee: 11:41am On Jul 22, 2017
hadizadeezy:

There's a lot of difference. You paid with Naira and your money remains in your country.

Abroad, you convert your naira to dollars before paying tuition.

Fayose may not be perfect but I respect him for this singular act.

Local content is the key to growing a vibrant economy.
Re: Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) by giftiy(m): 11:43am On Jul 22, 2017
MusaIbrahim1:

lets get it straight, we are not using our money to develop other countries...
what happened to university of AdoEkiti

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria / Ayo Fayose Reacts To Kaduna Massacre From EFCC Custody / Orji Uzor Kalu holds Funeral Service for late Ex-wife, Ifeoma (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.