Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

My New Lagos Experience - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My New Lagos Experience (1482 Views)

I Do Not Trust The Cooling System Of My New Lexus ES350. / The New Lagos Motor Vehicle Administration Agency Proposed Rates / Photo Of The New Lagos Road Worthiness Certificate Issued Last Week Friday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My New Lagos Experience by semochendo1(m): 9:48am On Jul 22, 2017
On my way home with my wife last night, around 9pm, I observed our car was overheating, which I knew the countless number of muddy arrears I've driven lately must have clogged the radiator. I pulled over and parked in front of a filling station by the road side.

The security man mounting the entrance could see steam coming from the bonnet, I hurriedly requested for water from him and he said he will sell me a bucket of water, I looked surprisingly, but gave him the go ahead to bring it.

He brought the water and I was doing the needful when two young mechanic appeared, they asked what happened and I told them it was overheating, so they show some passion to help which lead to my worst experience ever!

The gateman was stylishly telling me not to allow them touch it but my clean heart won't let me, so he asked me to remove the returning hose to allow the heat escape which I did, he showed me the water will come out of the returning hose once its full. I kept poring water and I was shocked the radiator never full after poring *3 of the normal water I usually but, he told me there's a sensor and an inner reservoir that are drinking the water, then I became worried and suspicious, told him to excuse me, that was when I realizes he has turned the returning hose down and all the water I was poring was wasting.

I had earlier instructed my wife to keep eyes on them as I moved in to start the car, and for the very first time since I've been using my car, it failed to start. That was when it downed on me they've maneuvered the car and I was worried.

They began to suggest different faults, but they offered to help me just to drive home so I can call my mechanic to fix it, speaking like a responsible man, he asked me to open the car back seat to tap the fuel pump, he checked from the booth when he couldn't locate the fuel pump under the back seat, then I calculated he was sizing up the car, he later joined a wire on the battery to another fuse and the engine eventually started, I gave him something to show appreciation despite their dubious acts.

Got back in the car to move and couldn't start again, now they begin to make it look complex and that was when I got mad, now a third guy has joined them and they were suggesting that I bring N8,500 to quickly get the sensor that's worrying the car, I shouted him to leave my car, my voice and face have changed like that of an infuriated lion, I told him I knew all they've been doing that I was just playing along, that I will make them regret their action, thank God I was on my casual attire, Jalamia, I told them I'm a big Alfa and will show them the implication of toying with a man of God..

The third guy that just joined pleaded that I exercise patience, the mecho wanted to get angry too but not real, my wife was calm with them while I was mad, told him to get out my car and I attempted closing the bonnet while the third guy kept calming me. Lo and behold, I stylishly calm down because the third guy was begging, and under 2mins, they fixed what they tampered and the car started perfectly, I thanked the third guy, the foolish mecho came to ask for more money, I looked at his face, slammed the door, asked my wife in, locked the doors and zoomed off....we eventually left the place around to 11pm.

It was a terrible experience but I deem it sharing for other car users to learn theses lessons:

1. Don't ever allow any stranger, no matter how sympathetic they seem, to offer you help, especially in Lagos traffic.

2. And in a situation where you unconsciously find yourself in this kind of mess,  always have your scary points, just like people have selling points, have something to scare people who want to extort you, just like I used being a clergy man, you can use anything else. It works!

3. Try to know your car, know basic faults and don't let anybody fool you.
Re: My New Lagos Experience by Inception(m): 9:53am On Jul 22, 2017
grin grin grin

Welcome to Lagos

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My New Lagos Experience by izzou(m): 9:55am On Jul 22, 2017
Lol

But dont try to use any scary points in places like Oshodi Isale or Adeniji Adele

Your scary points will just make empty bottles of Star and Trophy to fall on you

Thank God you and Iyawo are safe

3 Likes

Re: My New Lagos Experience by ogoplus: 10:09am On Jul 22, 2017
Thanks for sharing.

Thank Jehovah you did not fall for their wick plan!
Re: My New Lagos Experience by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 22, 2017
Thank God
Re: My New Lagos Experience by TPound(m): 11:27am On Jul 22, 2017
izzou:
Lol

But dont try to use any scary points in places like Oshodi Isale or Adeniji Adele

Your scary points will just make empty bottles of Star and Trophy to fall on you

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe........ Trophy fall on you o..... star bottle fall on you o... 2by2 fall on you....coz of your scary point o eh... if I offendi you. if I offendi you o...oga sofly de break the bottle o... sofly dey break the bottle o! ( in davido's voice)
Re: My New Lagos Experience by izzou(m): 12:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
TPound:

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe........ Trophy fall on you o..... star bottle fall on you o... 2by2 fall on you....coz of your scary point o eh... if I offendi you. if I offendi you o...oga sofly de break the bottle o... sofly dey break the bottle o! ( in davido's voice)
grin grin grin
Re: My New Lagos Experience by Daeylar(f): 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2017
lol, scary points indeed
Re: My New Lagos Experience by semochendo1(m): 1:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
izzou:
Lol

grin
izzou:
Lol

Re: My New Lagos Experience by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
They are everywhere, in every state _looking for who to exploit, especially if you're clueless on basic car faults.

My car parked up yesterday, I foresaw it _but felt I could manage it for the day. While waiting for my mechanic, a Kazeem looking guy walked up to me.

Kazeem: (after staring at the engine, while shaking his head)Your engine done go o. We go need find towing truck.
Me: cheesy towing truck? For serpentine (fan) belt?
Kazeem: (obviously angry) So, you know say na belt? Why you come open bonnet, pose here? change am na.
Me: (closes bonnet) grin grin

I would learn how to change it ('cos I had a spare), hope it's not difficult. Mine happened in the afternoon though.

5 Likes

Re: My New Lagos Experience by ashewoboy(m): 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2017
even ladies wey no get car go dey form say them get. the social media is a place to flaunt pseudo achievements.

i no mention name though.
Re: My New Lagos Experience by timifakay(m): 10:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
That's why it's best to push to nearest building with night guard if you can't tow to mechanic workshop right away. You gotta tip the guard though.
Re: My New Lagos Experience by semochendo1(m): 8:52pm On Jul 24, 2017
PaperLace:
They are everywhere, in every state _looking for who to exploit, especially if you're clueless on basic car faults.

My car parked up yesterday, I foresaw it _but felt I could manage it for the day. While waiting for my mechanic, a Kazeem looking guy walked up to me.

Kazeem: (after staring at the engine, while shaking his head)Your engine done go o. We go need find towing truck.
Kazeem: (obviously angry) So, you know say na belt? Why you come open bonnet, pose here? change am na.

I would learn how to change it ('cos I had a spare), hope it's not difficult. Mine happened in the afternoon though.
grin
PaperLace:

Re: My New Lagos Experience by cyborg123(m): 3:17pm On Jul 25, 2017
No society can move forward with this level of wickedness. Swindling an helpless couple? angry
Re: My New Lagos Experience by Jakumo(m): 6:07pm On Jul 25, 2017
Some in ago while seated in the front passenger seat of a running car waiting in the usual gridlock traffic for the green light at one of the few functioning traffic lights in Lagos , I caught a fleeting glimpse via the outside rear-view wing-mirror, of someone ducking quickly under the rear end of our car. I leaped out of the passenger door, and ran to the back of the vehicle where a man was on the ground doing SOMETHING to the car.

I addressed the tattered trousers of the man lying under my car, since that was all of him that was visible, and demanded an explanation for his presence there. As quickly as he had positioned himself under the car, the man emerged and took to his heels. I had covered less that ten yards chasing the professional car saboteur, when my sprint was cut short by a loud threat issued from several accomplices of the man who I so foolishly attempted to chase.

I doubled back to the car, and ruined my clothes lying under the fuel tank in the street, removing the Bic Biro (ballpoint) pen-cover that had been installed in seconds by the man who just fled, as a means of stopping the tell-tale fuel leakage from the the swiftly disconnected fuel supply pipe to the engine, at its connection point on the fuel tank. Had I not taken the trouble to get under that car in the middle of a filthy Lagos street, and re-connect the fuel pipe, our car would have driven for fifty yards or less, before running out of petrol and spluttering to a halt, at which point the waiting gang of "Good Samaritans" would have showed up to properly disable the car, and then offer to "fix" it, at enormous cost that one could only have hoped would have been in monetary terms alone.

Lagos is for the quick, and the dead.

2 Likes

Re: My New Lagos Experience by cyborg123(m): 6:44pm On Jul 25, 2017
shocked Na wa o
Re: My New Lagos Experience by semochendo1(m): 11:02pm On Aug 03, 2017
Jakumo:
Some in ago while seated in the front passenger seat of a running car waiting in the usual gridlock traffic for the green light at one of the few functioning traffic lights in Lagos , I caught a fleeting glimpse via the outside rear-view wing-mirror, of someone ducking quickly under the rear end of our car. I leaped out of the passenger door, and ran to the back of the vehicle where a man was on the ground doing SOMETHING to the car.

I addressed the tattered trousers of the man lying under my car, since that was all of him that was visible, and demanded an explanation for his presence there. As quickly as he had positioned himself under the car, the man emerged and took to his heels. I had covered less that ten yards chasing the professional car saboteur, when my sprint was cut short by a loud threat issued from several accomplices of the man who I so foolishly attempted to chase.

I doubled back to the car, and ruined my clothes lying under the fuel tank in the street, removing the Bic Biro (ballpoint) pen-cover that had been installed in seconds by the man who just fled, as a means of stopping the tell-tale fuel leakage from the the swiftly disconnected fuel supply pipe to the engine, at its connection point on the fuel tank. Had I not taken the trouble to get under that car in the middle of a filthy Lagos street, and re-connect the fuel pipe, our car would have driven for fifty yards or less, before running out of petrol and spluttering to a halt, at which point the waiting gang of "Good Samaritans" would have showed up to properly disable the car, and then offer to "fix" it, at enormous cost that one could only have hoped would have been in monetary terms alone.

Lagos is for the quick, and the dead.

What!

(1) (Reply)

Solenoid Problem / Which Is A Better Buy.. V6 3000 Vs V6 3.3 / Re : Experience With Saintjoel By Mr Chukel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.