Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,216 members, 7,780,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:41 PM

5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! (5181 Views)

5 Hidden Tricks You Never Knew Your Android Phone Can Do / Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do. You Need To See N0 7 / 8 Unbelievable Things You Never Knew Your Smartphone Could Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by lightblazingnow(m): 10:17am On Jul 22, 2017
5 THINGS YOU PROBABLY NEVER KNEW YOUR MOBILE PHONE COULD DO !!!
Very useful ���

In grave emergencies, your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival.

1. Emergency Services
���

The Emergency No. worldwide for all Mobile Phones is 112.
If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and your mobile will search any existing network in your area to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. This works on all phones worldwide and is free.

2. Locked your keys in the car?
��������
If you lock your remote keyless car keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their mobile phone from your cell phone.
Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button on the spare key, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you.
Distance is no object. You could be thousands of miles away.
Editor's Note: I didn’t believe this when I heard about it! I rang my daughter in Sydney from Perth when we went on holiday. She had the spare car key. We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a mobile phone!

3. Is your mobile phone battery flat ? All handphone have Hidden Battery Power.
��������

To activate, press the keys *3370# (remember the asterisk). Do this when the phone is almost dead. Your mobile will restart in a special way with this new reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery life. This reserve will be recharged when you charge your handphone next time.
This secret is in the fine print in most phone manuals which we skip without realizing.

4. Disabling a STOLEN mobile.
�❌�❌�❌�
To check your handphone's serial number, key in following digits on your phone:
* # 0 6 #
Ensure you put an asterisk BEFORE the #06# sequence.

A 15 digits code will appear on the screen that is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. If your handphone is ever stolen, phone your service provider and give them this code.
They will then be able to block your handset so even if the SIM is changed, your handphone will be totally useless. And even if you don't get your phone back, at least it can't use/resold either. If everybody did this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.
This secret is also in the fine print of most mobile phone manuals. It was created for the very purpose of trying to prevent phones from being stolen.

5. ATM PIN Number Reversal - Good to Know !!!
❌��❌��

If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ATM machine, you can notify the police by entering your PIN # in reverse. For example, if your pin number is 1234, then you would put in 4321. The ATM system recognizes that your PIN number is backwards from the ATM card you placed in the machine. The machine will still give you the money you requested but unknown to the robber, the police will be immediately dispatched to the location. All ATM’s carry this emergency sequencer by law.

This information was recently broadcast by Crime Stoppers. It is, however, seldom used as people just don't know about it.

Please pass this along to everyone.
�������

This is the kind of information people don't mind receiving, so pass it on to your family and friends.
��������

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by moshood521: 10:23am On Jul 22, 2017
Dis is great
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by malificent(f): 10:24am On Jul 22, 2017
grin No3
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by lightblazingnow(m): 10:45am On Jul 22, 2017
Send me
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by lightblazingnow(m): 1:05pm On Jul 22, 2017
Sure thing quickly
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by donhils: 1:14pm On Jul 22, 2017
malificent:
grin No3
Wouldn't you rather give it a trial?
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by OVA200(m): 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
I will try the one triable if it works then phone is the wisest inventory in human race.
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by lightblazingnow(m): 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by lightblazingnow(m): 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
Joyfully
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by Habayomie(m): 6:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
no5 though......
My ATM pin is 1991

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by lightblazingnow(m): 7:50pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hot topics
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by Ennyholar: 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2017
Should try this on my CAMON CX
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by lightblazingnow(m): 9:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
Quick
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by emeths: 12:47am On Jul 23, 2017
Interesting!
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by alukstea(m): 1:57am On Jul 23, 2017
Habayomie:
no5 though......
My ATM pin is 1991
Who's fault ? Just reverse grin grin the 1991 and punch 1991 and give the robbers money na cheesy
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by lightblazingnow(m): 6:07am On Jul 23, 2017
Graphics
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 23, 2017
That battery dey work?
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by adelacuna(m): 8:39am On Jul 23, 2017
OP don't forget this is Nigeria are you sure of No 2,3 nd 5
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by lightblazingnow(m): 8:51am On Jul 23, 2017
CG
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by falcon01: 9:10am On Jul 23, 2017
I called those numbers
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 23, 2017
Lol..most if this shit are false abeg
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by Airtimex(m): 10:21am On Jul 23, 2017
Some ppl wil actually believe...that battery part is very funny.

Op..plz mind yaself cheesy

Nigeria no be amedica ooo grin
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by lightblazingnow(m): 10:56am On Jul 23, 2017
Grace
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by supereagle(m): 11:44am On Jul 23, 2017
lightblazingnow:
5 THINGS YOU PROBABLY NEVER KNEW YOUR MOBILE PHONE COULD DO !!!
Very useful ���

In grave emergencies, your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival.

1. Emergency Services
���

The Emergency No. worldwide for all Mobile Phones is 112.
If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and your mobile will search any existing network in your area to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. This works on all phones worldwide and is free.
Thanks for refreshing

2. Locked your keys in the car?
��������
If you lock your remote keyless car keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their mobile phone from your cell phone.
Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button on the spare key, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you.
Distance is no object. You could be thousands of miles away.
Editor's Note: I didn’t believe this when I heard about it! I rang my daughter in Sydney from Perth when we went on holiday. She had the spare car key. We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a mobile phone!

3. Is your mobile phone battery flat ? All handphone have Hidden Battery Power.
��������

To activate, press the keys *3370# (remember the asterisk). Do this when the phone is almost dead. Your mobile will restart in a special way with this new reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery life. This reserve will be recharged when you charge your handphone next time.
This secret is in the fine print in most phone manuals which we skip without realizing.

4. Disabling a STOLEN mobile.
�❌�❌�❌�
To check your handphone's serial number, key in following digits on your phone:
* # 0 6 #
Ensure you put an asterisk BEFORE the #06# sequence.

A 15 digits code will appear on the screen that is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. If your handphone is ever stolen, phone your service provider and give them this code.
They will then be able to block your handset so even if the SIM is changed, your handphone will be totally useless. And even if you don't get your phone back, at least it can't use/resold either. If everybody did this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.
This secret is also in the fine print of most mobile phone manuals. It was created for the very purpose of trying to prevent phones from being stolen.

5. ATM PIN Number Reversal - Good to Know !!!
❌��❌��

If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ATM machine, you can notify the police by entering your PIN # in reverse. For example, if your pin number is 1234, then you would put in 4321. The ATM system recognizes that your PIN number is backwards from the ATM card you placed in the machine. The machine will still give you the money you requested but unknown to the robber, the police will be immediately dispatched to the location. All ATM’s carry this emergency sequencer by law.

This information was recently broadcast by Crime Stoppers. It is, however, seldom used as people just don't know about it.

Please pass this along to everyone.
�������

This is the kind of information people don't mind receiving, so pass it on to your family and friends.
��������

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by ikbnice(m): 12:16pm On Jul 23, 2017
NO 5 does not work in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by WealthBuilder01: 12:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by toniro(m): 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
Leave matter; No.5 no fit work 4 naija
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by Vutseck(m): 5:02pm On Jul 23, 2017
cc lightblazingnow

@no 3.. where will you see the keyboard of a dead smartphone to be able to press *3370#.

I need your answer now

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by Smoothie01(f): 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2017
Woah shocked
Amazing if true
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 23, 2017
Good to know

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by Oscarpraise(m): 2:10am On Jul 24, 2017
Nice one op.... Am pretty sure my itel P51 can do all this
Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! by lightblazingnow(m): 7:15am On Oct 02, 2017
Sure

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Has Used This Powerbank Before / Make Free Calls Anywhere On Ur Fone / How Do I Configure Opera Mini Ip Settings For Nokia E63

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.