Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) (5367 Views)

Iran Fires Missile At Mock US Aircraft Carrier During Exercise (Photos) / Look At The Bridge A State Governor In Kenya Commissioned (Photos) / War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by Gbengadaniel12: 3:26am On Jul 23, 2017
madridguy:
Go up you will see one trying to derail this thread with the pictures of the KID President of North Korea.

lol, like we predicted, they done show ooo
Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by Gbengadaniel12: 3:31am On Jul 23, 2017
seunny4lif:

We are coming cool cool cool
lol, our kgb, fsb, spetsnaz, operative done arrive, you are welcome to the party sir, vodka ryt

1 Like

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by seunny4lif(m): 3:36am On Jul 23, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin
Are with us or against us angry angry angry angry
Gbengadaniel12:
lol, our kgb, fsb, spetsnaz, operative done arrive, you are welcome to the party sir, vodka ryt
Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by seunny4lif(m): 3:37am On Jul 23, 2017
lazinny:
I read the ship produces 600MW of electricity. Whats Nigeria's power output again?
But why?
Why Nigerians wicked like this?

1 Like

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by Gbengadaniel12: 4:14am On Jul 23, 2017
seunny4lif:
grin grin grin grin grin
Are with us or against us angry angry angry angry
God bless America, and long live mother Russia

1 Like

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by seunny4lif(m): 4:48am On Jul 23, 2017
Gbengadaniel12:
God bless America, and long live mother Russia
See you
You no want join one ?? grin grin

1 Like

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by Gbengadaniel12: 5:39am On Jul 23, 2017
seunny4lif:

See you
You no want join one ?? grin grin
I no fit hate America nah and I love vodka
Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by k199192: 6:18am On Jul 23, 2017
seunny4lif:

Who are you calling a Kid?Are you high angry angry
That person you dey call kid dey make America fear grin grin
We are all still waiting for US invisible strikes on him grin grin
NK the land of freedom

Is it hatred for Trump that made you call NK land of freedom.. This kind of thinking and mentality is why Nigeria will hate igbos but still cant let them go. Too bad.
NK is no land of freedom FYI.

1 Like

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by k199192: 6:25am On Jul 23, 2017
madridguy:
Stop shifting goal post. US will crush NK to powder within 3 working days.

you mean like Monday Tuesday and Wednesday...

what if they start the job on Thursday..

its funny some people still think NK is a threat to the US. SMH for them.

1 Like

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by k199192: 6:28am On Jul 23, 2017
lazinny:
I read the ship produces 600MW of electricity. Whats Nigeria's power output again?

My dear.. the one that baffled me was that it wont need refueling in the next twenty years...
That one weak me I swear..
How did I manage to be Nigerian...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by somehow: 7:01am On Jul 23, 2017
Be fair, are both mate? More than 2OO years of independence compared to about 5O+ independence.

All the same, let each country run at her own pace.

BTW, its not a country's name that makes a country. Its the people in it that make a country.

What exactly have you and each of us contributed to making Nigeria a great nation?

Its the citizens of America that brought them to where they are now, not aliens, its the citizens of other countries that's making their countries what they are, can same be said of Nigerians? We push blames and run from responsibility, yet expect to be great.

Let's keep blaming the leaders without us doing our part forgetting that the leaders were once like us (without doing anything either).

If you as individual isn't doing anything as a citizen, what makes you think you will do something as a leader?

How many of our laws do individuals respect and uphold? No we will surely blame the leaders for also not respecting the laws in the first place so sir our problems is down up not up down.
k199192:

My dear.. the one that baffled me was that it wont need refueling in the next twenty years...
That one weak me I swear..
How did I manage to be Nigerian...

4 Likes

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by k199192: 7:20am On Jul 23, 2017
somehow:
Be fair, are both mate? More than 2OO years of independence compared to about 5O+ independence.

All the same, let each country run at her own pace.

BTW, its not a country's name that makes a country. Its the people in it that make a country.

What exactly have you and each of us contributed to making Nigeria a great nation?

Its the citizens of America that brought them to where they are now, not aliens, its the citizens of other countries that's making their countries what they are, can same be said of Nigerians? We push blames and run from responsibility, yet expect to be great.

Let's keep blaming the leaders without us doing our part forgetting that the leaders were once like us (without doing anything either).

If you as individual isn't doing anything as a citizen, what makes you think you will do something as a leader?

How many of our laws do individuals respect and uphold? No we will surely blame the leaders for also not respecting the laws in the first place so sir our problems is down up not up down.

You just want to come and be speaking plenty grammar.
Is it common citizens that are stealing the common wealth of our country?
Talking about independence, after the independence of Americans, they had visionary leaders and thats what we have lacked up til today. We have the likes of tinubu obasanjo amaechi and the list never ends. So tell me if I am wrong to asert that there is no way forward for Nigeria. Mandela did well for his people because he had a vision. Go and read how the Chinese started, they had visionary leaders. Read about dubai while you are at it. The common thing among most of these countries is VISION. And who made sure this vision came alive? The leaders.
please dont quote me again if you dont get my point.

11 Likes

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by somehow: 8:50am On Jul 23, 2017
Again, this same back and forth excuses, if they are stealing, who allowed them to? Aliens or the citizens?

When you finish making excuses, you will return back to knowing that it's the citizens who allow what they face in their country to continue.
Is it not the same citizen that cry foul if a minute leader wants to hunt down some of the thieves?!
Is it not the same citizens that religionize, ethnicitize, spiritualized any moves towards righting wrongs?

You want to run to other countries like those citizens didn't suffer to have their own country working.

Once more, keep up the excuses, angels are coming to build weapons, fix roads, elect right citizens into offices, stop giving/taking bribes, stop act of mental laziness, unproductivity etc
k199192:

You just want to come and be speaking plenty grammar.
Is it common citizens that are stealing the common wealth of our country?
Talking about independence, after the independence of Americans, they had visionary leaders and thats what we have lacked up til today. We have the likes of tinubu obasanjo amaechi and the list never ends. So tell me if I am wrong to asert that there is no way forward for Nigeria. Mandela did well for his people because he had a vision. Go and read how the Chinese started, they had visionary leaders. Read about dubai while you are at it. The common thing among most of these countries is VISION. And who made sure this vision came alive? The leaders.
please dont quote me again if you dont get my point.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by k199192: 9:48am On Jul 23, 2017
somehow:
Again, this same back and forth excuses, if they are stealing, who allowed them to? Aliens or the citizens?

When you finish making excuses, you will return back to knowing that it's the citizens who allow what they face in their country to continue.
Is it not the same citizen that cry foul if a minute leader wants to hunt down some of the thieves?!
Is it not the same citizens that religionize, ethnicitize, spiritualized any moves towards righting wrongs?

You want to run to other countries like those citizens didn't suffer to have their own country working.

Once more, keep up the excuses, angels are coming to build weapons, fix roads, elect right citizens into offices, stop giving/taking bribes, stop act of mental laziness, unproductivity etc

Maybe I am missing something. Please explain how I allowed OBJ and co to steal...
You dont understand anything or you are just trying so hard to make a point. A good leader has his people at heart. A bad leader, in this case OBJ and co, have their bellies at heart. They only want to satisfy their greed and pocket.
Like I said earlier, please explain to me how I allowed OBJ and co to steal..
Really you dont understand anything or you are just trying so hard to make a point.
The angels you mentioned are visionary leaders like I told you before.
Corect me if I am wring here, is it the people, like you claim, that will build roads or is it the leaders that will do those things...

You really dont understand.

1 Like

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by Rich4god(m): 10:16am On Jul 23, 2017
MOSTEC:
i hereby denouce my citizenship as a

nigerian

...YANKEE Certified

Abeg, I dey follow you for back....

4 Likes

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by OlujobaSamuel: 10:30am On Jul 23, 2017
k199192:

Maybe I am missing something. Please explain how I allowed OBJ and co to steal...
You dont understand anything or you are just trying so hard to make a point. A good leader has his people at heart. A bad leader, in this case OBJ and co, have their bellies at heart. They only want to satisfy their greed and pocket.
Like I said earlier, please explain to me how I allowed OBJ and co to steal..
Really you dont understand anything or you are just trying so hard to make a point.
The angels you mentioned are visionary leaders like I told you before.
Corect me if I am wring here, is it the people, like you claim, that will build roads or is it the leaders that will do those things...

You really dont understand.
a leader doesnt go beyond the power granted him by citizens, we gave them the freedom tk steal us blind.
I sincerely pray we have a president like fashola(i was against him before now, but seems thats the best option) that will tax us for breathing sef, and arrest us for not voting, it will cause a brain reset for us all.

1 Like

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by seunny4lif(m): 12:58pm On Jul 23, 2017
k199192:

Is it hatred for Trump that made you call NK land of freedom.. This kind of thinking and mentality is why Nigeria will hate igbos but still cant let them go. Too bad.
Me hate trump
You are new here, I guess grin grin
Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by seunny4lif(m): 12:59pm On Jul 23, 2017
angry angry
Gbengadaniel12:
I no fit hate America nah and I love vodka
Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by Appleyard(m): 11:40pm On Jul 23, 2017
Paulpaulpaul:
Enemies shake with fear?

What about fearless enemies?

Another floating bathroom, sitting dock......for the Zircon, Brahmos, and P-700 Granite lightning missiles...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by Appleyard(m): 11:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
PDPGuy:
$12.9bn warship while Americans pay the highest medical bills in the Western world undecided
The MIC sure has Washington by the balls.

You can say that again....Celebrating waste of funds why no single US bridge is even among the 100 best in the world, plus a healthcare system ranked below Slovenia and Morocco..

Pathetic...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by Appleyard(m): 11:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
madridguy:
Stop shifting goal post. US will crush NK to powder within 3 working days.

In 3 working days...interesting....But they have to bribe Iraqi generals not to fight back during the invasion of Iraq....so interesting....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by Appleyard(m): 11:56pm On Jul 23, 2017
k199192:

FYI the freedom he was talking about is not about human rights, but the sovereign right of a nation to make his own laws and take his own decisions, as stated in the UN Charter on sovereignty of states.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by Rossikki: 12:17am On Jul 24, 2017
What a waste of money. Millions of people are homeless in America.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by romme2u: 2:13am On Jul 24, 2017
Rossikki:

for the first time we are on the same page cool tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by romme2u: 2:15am On Jul 24, 2017
dimeji877:

Russia!!!, where are thou.

We need u to counter this satanic machine with something bigger.

Funny enough, they are preaching disarmament to other nations and threaten some, yet they keep acquiring more weapons..

Here is what you were looking for. Google the capabilities of this ICBMs
Appleyard:

Another floating bathroom, sitting dock......for the Zircon, Brahmos, and P-700 Granite lightning missiles...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 24, 2017
For those screaming "what a waste of money!" all over the place,I got this for you all: Incase you haven't noticed,there is a silent arms race going on between Russia,China<who just unveiled their 2nd aircraft carrier> and the US. Nobody wants to be left behind. Not even Uncle Sam. So let the hungry go hungry and the homeless remain homeless for it has always been the way of powerful States from history. The poor must pay the price for the state to grow stronger and wealthier. Even the Roman Empire was set up this way and so were the empires before it. That is quite inevitable whichever way you choose to view it.

1 Like

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 24, 2017
As for this ship: I must remark that it is indeed a COLOSSUS of distinguishable proportion in the class of war vessels whilst at the same time busying myself with thoughts of how my own country and Africa as a whole have remained stagnant in the scheme of things.

2 Likes

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by k199192: 6:40pm On Jul 24, 2017
Appleyard:

FYI the freedom he was talking about is not about human rights, but the sovereign right of a nation to make his own laws and take his own decisions, as stated in the UN Charter on sovereignty of states.

I don't think that's the kind of freedom he meant.
Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by Appleyard(m): 2:51pm On Jul 25, 2017
Rossikki:

I tell you. The Establishment and the MIC got America by the balls. a $12.9 billion project that will only take a $10 million dollar hypersonic missile to kill.

what a waste. Why not channel the funds to address the epic failure of America's infrastructural systems, and decrease the ever increasing numbers of Americans living on food stamps and outside the street?

Man has failed this universe.

3 Likes

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by Appleyard(m): 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2017
mansakhalifa:
For those screaming "what a waste of money!" all over the place,I got this for you all: Incase you haven't noticed,there is a silent arms race going on between Russia,China<who just unveiled their 2nd aircraft carrier> and the US. Nobody wants to be left behind. Not even Uncle Sam. So let the hungry go hungry and the homeless remain homeless for it has always been the way of powerful States from history. The poor must pay the price for the state to grow stronger and wealthier. Even the Roman Empire was set up this way and so were the empires before it. That is quite inevitable whichever way you choose to view it.

Your excuse doesn't hold water, brother. Even if there is a slow arms race ongoing, is that why you should waste such ridiculous amount of taxpayers money on a floating house that even one single submarine can send to the button of the sea? Don't let any side fool you; aircraft careers are the most vulnerable of all military assets. And come to think of it: you already got 12, what is the strategic need behind this one?

I will tell you: NOTHING, other than showmanship and hype. The MIC controlled by the establishment is slowly killing off America

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 25, 2017
Appleyard:

I tell you. The Establishment and the MIC got America by the balls. a $12.9 billion project that will only take a $10 million dollar hypersonic missile to kill.

what a waste. Why not channel the funds to address the epic failure of America's infrastructural systems, and decrease the ever increasing numbers of Americans living on food stamps and outside the street?

Man has failed this universe.

Appleyard of Moskow - We must heed Napoleon Bonaparte's advice: “Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake” grin

6 Likes

Re: 100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 25, 2017
@Appleyard did my post look like I was making excuses for Uncle Sam? No. I was merely telling those of you shouting to tone it down using examples from the past. We have seen this before. Even listverse did something on how heavy spending on modern weaponry totally wrecked the Roman Empire. Once again,it has always been the way of powerful States and empires from time. So guys,take a chill pill and let's see how it pans out eventually for the Yankees. P.S. That is one amazing vessel though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Think The Teabaggers Are Racist? / Yahya Jammeh: A President Who Is Far Richer Than His Country (Pics) / He Was President At 25 But Now Lives In Poverty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.