Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Need Help With Iphone 5 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Need Help With Iphone 5 (689 Views)

I'm Obsessed With Iphone 8 Plus...but I Have Just N100k For It / Why Are Ladies So Obsessed With Iphone? / Man Shares His Experience With iPhone 11 He Bought For N17k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help With Iphone 5 by richeso: 12:57am On Jul 23, 2017
Good morning guys, i seriously need your help..
(long stories short)
was looking for a fair price iphone and saw advert on jiji, i called the number and meet this guy , paid him 30k and he ON the phone
it was clean and without pass, i check it till it gets to the sim part where it ask me to insert sim to continue. since my sim wasn't micro sim i believed the phone is ok when i get home i will get a micro sim and work through the rest part.

got home, when i insert the micro sim, the next thing it says is Icloud Activation Lock, that the phone is locked to a icloud account.

i don't know what to do as i am typing now, painfully the email isn't complete for me to even contact the former owner. and the guy number suddenly switchedoff since 2 days now. is there anyway i can remove the activation lock ? if yes whats the cost expected ?

thanks for taking time out to read this , i do appreciate your help.
Re: Need Help With Iphone 5 by Gesd(m): 1:13am On Jul 23, 2017
no solution wen an iPhone is locked you av to activate it with the owners iCloud details without dat d phone is good as useless.
Re: Need Help With Iphone 5 by Lexusgs430: 1:13am On Jul 23, 2017
richeso:
(long stories short)
was looking for a fair price iphone and saw advert on jiji, i called the number and meet this guy , paid him 30k and he ON the phone
it was clean and without pass, i check it till it gets to the sim part where it ask me to insert sim to continue. since my sim wasn't micro sim i believed the phone is ok when i get home i will get a micro sim and work through the rest part.

got home, when i insert the micro sim, the next thing it says is Icloud Activation Lock, that the phone is locked to a icloud account.

i don't know what to do as i am typing now, painfully the email isn't complete for me to even contact the former owner. and the guy number suddenly switchedoff since 2 days now. is there anyway i can remove the activation lock ? if yes whats the cost expected ?

Unfortunately you have wasted 30K. It would cost you 30*4 = 120K to rectify ...........

1 Like

Re: Need Help With Iphone 5 by stanvesco(m): 1:30am On Jul 23, 2017
richeso:
(long stories short)

Dir r people that work on that either here on nairaland or on eBay. Just google
Re: Need Help With Iphone 5 by richeso: 1:38am On Jul 23, 2017
i don google videos tire bro, try try no way.
i will be glad if anyone can help me, make my 30k no waste like that..we can discuss
Re: Need Help With Iphone 5 by TDonald: 4:46am On Jul 23, 2017
richeso:
i don google videos tire bro, try try no way.
i will be glad if anyone can help me, make my 30k no waste like that..we can discuss

Nothing you can do, this one don waste

1 Like

Re: Need Help With Iphone 5 by olalekanba(m): 5:31am On Jul 23, 2017
http://www.ebay.com/itm/iCloud-Lock-Removal-Service-iPhone-iPad-iPod-ID-Activation-UnLock-OFF-24-hrs/201787092092?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

it doesn't remove the icloud but still allows you to use the phone.
Re: Need Help With Iphone 5 by Lexusgs430: 6:10am On Jul 23, 2017
olalekanba:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/iCloud-Lock-Removal-Service-iPhone-iPad-iPod-ID-Activation-UnLock-OFF-24-hrs/201787092092?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

it doesn't remove the icloud but still allows you to use the phone.

I would bet my bottom $, the iphone is stolen and deactivated .......
Re: Need Help With Iphone 5 by mrslim1991: 5:00pm On Jul 23, 2017
Pele, just sell it as scrap. That's the first thing you were supposed to check. You've learned a lesson, now move on.
Re: Need Help With Iphone 5 by Ivobobul: 6:40pm On Jul 23, 2017
stanvesco:

Dir r people that work on that either here on nairaland or on eBay. Just google

I advise you to immediately apply for support jiji ! https:///EUPRcn . And never pay money until you check the goods COMPLETELY.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: 10 Things You Need To Know About Iphone X - CNN / What Are Your Thoughts On This Touch Pad Smart Phone Concept / Detailed Review On The Gaming Razer Phone And Price In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.