Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,536 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:01 PM

Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN (19999 Views)

Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? / What Is The Meaning Of IJN? / WHY YOU SHOULD STOP THE USE OF IJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Hardeysolution(m): 2:22am On Jul 23, 2017
IJN?! What is IJN?!

I am surprised and dismayed at our apparent lack of discerning and spiritual understanding.
In our quest for quick life and quick ways of doing things, we have adopted the microwave mentality to using the name of Jesus.

We have allowed the fast life to becloud the spiritual importance and meaning of calling the name JESUS and by our apparent lack of discernment and understanding which has replaced the Mighty , Earth Shaken and Miracle Inspiring Declaration “In the Name of Jesus” with “IJN” .

What is IJN ?Take time to google the abbreviation “IJN” and see what it throws up.

Have you taken time to ponder about this? : We take time to write lengthy prayers on social media and end such prayers with IJN. If you can take time to type the prayers, what stops you from typing out in full the name and the power that will bring life and answer to such prayers. Have you ever seen a traditionalist abbreviate the names of their gods in incantations or write-ups? People of God, let's wake up. The enemy is winning the battle of the mind. Remove the name of JESUS from every prayer and such prayer becomes worthless.

The name JESUS: “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things on earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father “ (Philippians 2:9-11). It is this same name we are trying to render inconsequential by abbreviation. The name that Opens a Door and no one can close. The name that Conquered principalities and powers; the name that death bowed to; is what we are trivializing. May GOD show us MERCY IN JESUS NAME!
This was the same way the enemy has made the “Christ” in Christmas irrelevant by subtle replacing it with X to make Xmas, and we do not take it to heart. I was shocked to also discover that GOD is now being abbreviated as “G”. When do we stop all these nonsense?

This is a wakeup call. There is Power Mighty in the name of JESUS. Let’s Celebrate and broadcast that name . Let's obtain the available Victory in that name. Don’t allow the enemy to subdue and weaken the power of the name through the social media. Shout it loud from the room top. Jesus is LORD Forever and Ever! Stop abbreviating His Name. . . IJN is not the same thing as “In Jesus Name”. A word is enough for the wise. Share if you believe
https://www.facebook.com/bishopjoshua.ajayi/posts/861338787336293

94 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by PenSniper: 2:52am On Jul 23, 2017
Thank you aplenty for this. May you make heaven in Jesus Name. We shall surely meet there.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 23, 2017
Nice thread and very true.....
We should not be ashamed smiley

12 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by stGabrielo(m): 3:59am On Jul 23, 2017
kissthank you OP and happy Sunday kiss

8 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by ibkkk(f): 4:06am On Jul 23, 2017
Thank you. May God bless you, in Jesus name.

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by kocvalour(m): 4:16am On Jul 23, 2017
This must reach Front Page IN JESUS NAME
like if you love JESUS
share if you believe in him

124 Likes 71 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Sunglass20(f): 5:12am On Jul 23, 2017
I have once said this before on fb, any prayer you use IJN...sorry, it cant be answered coz JESUS does not understand that. Please, JESUS is not our mate, let us treat Him with every respect. IJN ko, In judas name ni!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by elantraceey(f): 6:30am On Jul 23, 2017
I'm still yet to understand what's so difficult in just typing 'In Jesus name'.

9 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 23, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by lonelydora: 6:55am On Jul 23, 2017
Good one. Thank you Op, you shall make heaven In Jesus Name. Amen

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by labanji(m): 6:56am On Jul 23, 2017
IJN- Imperial Japanese Navy

What has the abbreviation got to do with the price of garri in the market.

Africans now practise the colonial/white man's religion- Xtianity than even the founders, Yet no development in the Continent.

Rubbish!

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by nypdinc: 6:56am On Jul 23, 2017
Noted
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 23, 2017
I WILL NEVER ABBREVIATE ANYTHING THAT CONCERNS MY LORD AND SAVIOUR, JESUS CHRIST!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Narldon: 6:57am On Jul 23, 2017
A BLESSED SUNDAY TO YOU ALL

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Camlot000007: 6:57am On Jul 23, 2017
Reading
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by soberkid: 6:57am On Jul 23, 2017
International Justice Network and IJN heart foundation is what popped up!

To the good samaritans, join the SAVEJOY movement and make a contribution DIRECTLY to (Joy Hycent 7781200091 diamondbank),
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by LifeIsGuhd(f): 6:59am On Jul 23, 2017
I just dont understand why we have such lackadaisical attitude towards the things of God.

In Jesus name is now IJN
Jesus is now Chisos
God is now Gawd

We have to correct ourselves please... donot play with the things of God. Simple!

Have a blessed Sunday kiss

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Dotwillis1(m): 6:59am On Jul 23, 2017
it's common to Ladiesundecided ...

They are always too lazy to type. They abbreviate every possible words. Even the. Word "abbreviation" wasn't abbreviated.

Some will be like, HBD LLNP IJN ...you will start to think if their keyboard ain't complete .

The one wey weak me pass is abbreviating "kkk" as in "ok"
....only in Nigeria undecided

12 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by princeSammyz: 7:00am On Jul 23, 2017
True talk. @OP, God bless U IJN

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 23, 2017
IPOB MUST FAIL happy Sunday all

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Oyinprince(m): 7:01am On Jul 23, 2017
Okay
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by iamnlia(m): 7:01am On Jul 23, 2017
grin

I think one of the teachings of religion interprets that no matter the form of prayer, the god being prayed to will understand your heart desires. So using IJN doesn't matter, if you think of it as bad then you can as well say that people who never voice out prayers are wasting their time.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by deeway200(m): 7:01am On Jul 23, 2017
haba! see belief. I am disappointed with u op. This is just an abbreviation. Nothing else. so far ' ijn' means ' in Jesus name' ,I see nothing wrong in it

14 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:01am On Jul 23, 2017
Africa will continue wallowing in the dark untill we drop our religiosity.
The South is filled to the brim with churches, the North is bedecked with mosque...

yet in the South you find Christian spewing so much hate, you find churches telling Christians to kill Moslems, when Jesus told us time and again to love our enemies and do good to those who hate us.
Also, The Bible warns against making undue profit but Christians want to make triple profit at a blow.

in the North, You find se malam propagating hate... Islam preaches love too.
furthermore, up there you find very few rich elite surrounded by lots of poor people... the only try to buy cartons of indomie, once in 3yrs to take pics for online likes, just to say they are giving to the poor.
when they could better pick some kids off the street to fend for...
or could try making it possible for them to be in school so as to harness their full potential.

but no, we don't do any, we spend days fasting, and praying, for Nigeria to get better.
The Dark age, was the period were people were too religious in the west, it was after people broke free from the chain of religion, when scientist tried taking control of their destiniez and finding answers to their problem, rada than fasting and praying for them to go away... that prosperity came to the west and the world at large.... Look at the very Religious Middle East, and look at the Secular west... you need no one to tell u the damage religion can wrought on us.
for obvious reasons, thee Age after the religiously beclouded Dark age is called.. "THE AGE OF ENLIGHTENMENT"

Africans ! Nigerians,! We need to be enlightened, we need to start thinking on how we could solve some of our many problems, and not on how someone writing "IJN" instead of In Jesus Name... will bring him some bad luck...

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by IMASTEX: 7:01am On Jul 23, 2017
The last time I checked, it used to be "at the mention of Jesus name. . .and not at the written of Jesus name. . ." Over religiousness is now the problem with most people. It is what comes out from a man that defiles him not what goes in. After reading a prayer filled message and you see IJN. The reflect action is usually Amen by you either at heart or out spoken. It is how you interpret such abbreviation that matters.

Happy Blissful Sunday/New week to you all. Remain blessed IJN grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Ilajeboy(m): 7:02am On Jul 23, 2017
lonelydora:
Good one. Thank you Op, you shall make heaven IJN grin. Amen

grin uv just been corrected na

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by xreal: 7:02am On Jul 23, 2017
International Justice Network.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Ikwerreboy(m): 7:02am On Jul 23, 2017
Glory be to God....

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by talkeverytime: 7:05am On Jul 23, 2017
Okay o

Also read 5 reasons you should join a department in church

http://www.talkeverytime.com/2017/03/5-reasons-you-should-join-department-in.html
Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by makapella(m): 7:05am On Jul 23, 2017
I feel so strong in ma hrt that this Sunday will be so memorial for many people..I'm no prophet but I feel it so strong..receive it now in Jesus most powerful name,Amen

8 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by WenysAD(f): 7:05am On Jul 23, 2017
Even writing the Almighty God with "god" is wrong but when I point it out, wahala. Abeg my God no be small god ooo

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abbreviating In Jesus Name As IJN by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 23, 2017
Fanatic shocked sighted

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies, See Why You Should Never Take Your Prayer Life For Granted / Pastor YEMI Exposing Christ Embassy Pastor Chris Birthday Celebration Money Cult / Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.