Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days (24375 Views)

Atiku/Buhari: When You Lose Don't Go To Court, Go Home, Apostle Suleman / How To Be A Genuine Christian, Please Read! Don't Go To Hell Fire / Six Destructive Trends Happening In The Church These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Calismart(m): 8:34am On Jul 23, 2017
I have observed that some people no longer go to church these days due to one silly reason or the other.

Sundays are for rest,yes but you must keep this day holy by going to church and abstaining from certain works.

According to my observation,these are some reasons why people don't go to Church on Sundays these days.

1.They Don't Have Offering Money

It is so right that you should give offering when you go to church but because there is no money on you should not stop you from going.

People has formed the habit of staying at home especially on days of donations or project sundays.This is not good at all.
Endeavour to go to church even if you don't have any money for offering or donations.

2. They Don't Have Any New Clothes

This mostly applies to the ladies.
Ladies don't pick offence here but i am talking based on what i am seeing.

What happened to the ones you have?
Put them on and go to Church,for it is not a place of beauty pageant.
You are going there to worship your God and not to showcase your clothes and fashion.

I remember a novel i read in secondary school 'Without A Silver Spoon'.
The boy,though i have forgotten his name,had no clothes for Church so he wore his School white and shorts to church on sundays.

The pastor or reverend won't chase you out for not wearing new clothes.

3. A Little Rainfall

I must admit it,i am a victim of this.
Just like this morning.It was raining.My brother was preparing for church but i was just in bed wondering whether to join him or no .
I later did and before i knew it the rain stopped.

I remember our reverend saying one day that if you don't come to Church because of rain,it means you didn't want to come.

You can get an umbrella or if the rainfall is not what an umbrella can handle,make sure you attend another service session that day.

4. Church Is In The Mind
This one annoys me the most.

Some people will say its not a must to go to church every sunday.When you ask them why,they tell you that Church is in the mind.

They always claim to be better than those that sleep in the Church everyday.

4. Midnight Calls And Browsing.

Some people will just stay up throughout the night making calls and browsing but when its time to go to church in the morning,they can't get up again.

There is God o.

You can add yours.

From>>http://www.storiesmagic.com/2017/07/5-silly-reasons-why-some-people-dont-go.html?m=1

9 Likes

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 23, 2017
Hot morning s*x

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Calismart(m): 8:44am On Jul 23, 2017
onyenze123:
Hot morning s*x
On sunday morning too?
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by holatin(m): 8:49am On Jul 23, 2017
mine is not silly reason.

my pastor wife a very busty woman with a slutty fashion sense. ow you go wear transparent singlet under your unbutton coat abi na suit.

immediately I saw those chest, the spirit of God leaves me instantly and the devil take place.

no wan make you read on nairaland one day.

youth rape pastor wife in lagos

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by devigblegble: 8:49am On Jul 23, 2017
Keep on observing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Efostick(m): 8:49am On Jul 23, 2017
with the way controversial churches and pastors are getting nowadays, the idea of going to church really annoys me.
They lay so much emphasis on giving offering, sowing seeds and dressing nice. That's how I went to one church and I heard the pastor saying only people dressing really good will be allowed to seat in the front. Rubbish.

I'd rather stay in my house and be righteous, there's no law saying if I don't go to church i'd goto hell.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by KinzyeWriter(m): 8:49am On Jul 23, 2017
I Just Found Out That Going To Church Every Sunday Is Something That Even Jesus Did Not Do. kiss

So @Op, Wi You Keep Quiet

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 23, 2017
Efostick:
ftc

Lol
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Lordcenturion2(m): 8:49am On Jul 23, 2017
We africans just need to abandoned this religion things and develop our countries and continent like China and Asia at large,how long are we going wait for some gods to come make it like a paradise, we can't just continue like this, it has to stop,people around the world are mocking us, calling our continent a dark continent, they are the one that puts this plague on us yet they are rejecting us, mocking us,our great great great grandparents lives their lifes nicely before the colonial master and religions came,we just need to focus on how to develop our nations,white people or any gods can't come and develop it for us,for how long are we going to do this?, especially my country. Unhmmmm, we are aging and this thing remains the same, even getting worst everyday. Let think. What is the essence of worshipping when there is no improvement in our nation,when that god can't touch the hearts of our leaders, the last time I checked, I heard that he hardened the heart of pharaoh, is he not alive again?, is he dead now? ,why that god can't let us choose the right leaders. Honestly I still don't know the reason why people are still going to the places of worship. All continents has been developed, people are developing their continents only Africa are left behind, Let think.

We called our country/continent a zoo and hell, yet we are the one that makes it like that, not the land itself or weather, In far distant future if am still alive and incase things get worst than this, am gonna say "I said my own"

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 23, 2017
onyenze123:
Hot morning s*x

Fear God.
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Khutie: 8:50am On Jul 23, 2017
Am a christian buh to me church is over rated. Just worship yhur God wid pure heart (John 4:23)and have a good work towards living a righteous life. Church today ain't what we used to know. Some true traditionalist are way better than the pastors we have today

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by 900warriorz: 8:50am On Jul 23, 2017
Calismart:
On sunday morning too?

before nko? angry

1 Like

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 23, 2017
Hey, well it's their opinions and not ours, whether you go to church or not, to make heaven is a personal choice which is the main goal of going to church and not even a yardstick of making it to heaven.

1 Like

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by iamtardey: 8:51am On Jul 23, 2017
Reason nah Reason Ogbeni
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by playcharles(m): 8:52am On Jul 23, 2017
With the way Churches of now a days lay much emphasis on your first point, you will chose not to go forever.

Calismart:
I have observed that some people no longer go to church these days due to one silly reason or the other.

Sundays are for rest,yes but you must keep this day holy by going to church and abstaining from certain works.

According to my observation,these are some reasons why people don't go to Church on Sundays these days.

It is so right that you should give offering when you go to church but because there is no money on you should not stop you from going.

People has formed the habit of staying at home especially on days of donations or project sundays.This is not good at all.
Endeavour to go to church even if you don't have any money for offering or donations.

You are going there to worship your God and not to showcase your clothes and fashion.

The boy,though i have forgotten his name,had no clothes for Church so he wore his School white and shorts to church on sundays.

3. A Little Rainfall

Just like this morning.It was raining.My brother was preparing for church but i was just in bed wondering whether to join him or no .

I remember our reverend saying one day that if you don't come to Church because of rain,it means you didn't want to come.

You can get an umbrella or if the rainfall is not what an umbrella can handle,make sure you attend another service session that day.

4. Church Is In The Mind

Some people will say its not a must to go to church every sunday.When you ask them why,they tell you that Church is in the mind.

Some people will just stay up throughout the night making calls and browsing but when its time to go to church in the morning,they can't get up again.

There is God o.

You can add yours.

From>>http://www.storiesmagic.com/2017/07/5-silly-reasons-why-some-people-dont-go.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Tochux1: 8:52am On Jul 23, 2017
STRESS STRESS STRESS... MODERN DAY LIFE IS FILLED WITH A WHOLE LOTTA STRESS... STRESS STRESS STRESS... MODERN DAY LIFE IS FILLED WITH A WHOLE LOTTA STRESS... STRESS STRESS STRESS... MODERN DAY LIFE IS FILLED WITH A WHOLE LOTTA STRESS...
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by cardinalstar091(m): 8:52am On Jul 23, 2017
pls how can post a news here on nairaland
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by tylesh(f): 8:52am On Jul 23, 2017
pussypounder:
Tips for sure men

I. If you don't want to be a father yet, don't creamp1e even if you keep your nuts hanging out, Instead you can cream pie her assssshole angry

II. Let her sit on your face before you teabag unless it smells like rotten fish or it is a thick forest kiss

III. Once the snail is already slimy, you can put just the mushroom tip inside but don't explode inside even though it's too sweet shocked

IV. Never keep your nuts hanging out for too long unless you will mistakenly put your akamu inside the pot embarassed

V. Then you can decide to bury the hammer so deep that the next explorer would think it was a dagger shocked

Thank me later
Are u ok?

6 Likes

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 8:53am On Jul 23, 2017
do people still attend church in 2017??

2 Likes

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Elmojiid(m): 8:54am On Jul 23, 2017
Calismart:
On sunday morning too?
it is the baddest...when there is cold

1 Like

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Elmojiid(m): 8:54am On Jul 23, 2017
Calismart:
On sunday morning too?
it is the baddest...when there is cold

1 Like

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by dionysus7: 8:54am On Jul 23, 2017
if i go to church today to pray that this coming week, i want to get at least one employment letter from all the organizations i've sent applications to, and say i got at least one letter like i prayed for, believe me you would see me in church the following week to pray for something else seeing that the good lord above is living up to his expectation of omnipotent and the likes. But the prayer wasn't answered, probably it wasnt the right time for me because even though he is omnipotent, he couldnt have made it work for me anyways, so, the prayer wasnt answered. Now imagine this trend going on week in week out...i wouldnt be motivated to go to church i dont know if you (OP) would. The reasons you mentioned even though silly are just so people dont come off blasphemous so they dont appear to be politically incorrect. People are just beginning to realize prayer fixes nothing, you want sh!t done, you get off your @ss and do something about it other than just wasting valuable time appealing to someone who is probably on an eternal nap

13 Likes

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by helinues: 8:54am On Jul 23, 2017
So op na church u dey wey u dey post this?

1 Like

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by mrwonlasewonie: 8:54am On Jul 23, 2017
pussypounder:
Tips for sure men

I. If you don't want to be a father yet, don't creamp1e even if you keep your nuts hanging out, Instead you can cream pie her assssshole angry

II. Let her sit on your face before you teabag unless it smells like rotten fish or it is a thick forest kiss

III. Once the snail is already slimy, you can put just the mushroom tip inside but don't explode inside even though it's too sweet shocked

IV. Never keep your nuts hanging out for too long unless you will mistakenly put your akamu inside the pot embarassed

V. Then you can decide to bury the hammer so deep that the next explorer would think it was a dagger shocked

Thank me later
showa OK sha? grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by Learnstuffs: 8:55am On Jul 23, 2017
Some People don't go to church because of the evils they have found out that keep happening in churches today

4 Likes

Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by MrJonzer: 8:55am On Jul 23, 2017
Calismart:

3. A Little Rainfall

4. Church Is In The Mind

There is God o.

You can add yours.

You can go to church on media too right? (watching TBN)
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by hopefulLandlord: 8:55am On Jul 23, 2017
hhh
Re: 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days by olumaxi(m): 8:56am On Jul 23, 2017
6..Pastors lay more emphasies on offering and tithes rather than salvation of the lost souls

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N8m Cash Gift To Clem Ohameze, Reason Mathias Ezeaku Went After Fufeyin / Nairaland Prayer Network For Patience Jonathan / Mountain Of Fire 70 Days Fasting And Prayer 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.