Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. (9861 Views)

Looking For The Latest Nylon Branding Company, For Printing Of Bread, Rice Flour / Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo) / Teach Me How To Make Delicious Toast Bread Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by NoToPile: 11:02am On Jul 25, 2017
Ishilove:

Me, I'm a gentle geh o

*flutters eyelashes* cheesy

Seriously though, I live on the mainland and it is everywhere in my hood.

Afi gentle geh na cheesy

That company has issue with distribution jare

1 Like

Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by NoToPile: 11:05am On Jul 25, 2017
Omoluabi16:

hehe. it's funny, the period I ate val u very well was when I lived around ijanikin. Now I moved here around alimosho, and I don't see it. well like you said, maybe it has to do with their distribution.

Hahaha I even thought it will be more common in alimisho because its sort of townish abi is it hinterland interior alimosho tongue
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by elnino3(m): 8:43pm On Jul 25, 2017
Pamelayoung:

Please can you put up an illustration? Give recipes as well
Ok. About illustration I don't want to start uploading pic here.

But for recipe, lemme give you my favorite recipe.
It's fish bread! Yes you heard it, fish bread.

Sorry about my measurements here cus I eyeball most of it. I don't really use formal measurements, I no dey bake for Ask rock.

Another disclaimer, I knead with my hands and I use a small electric oven. About 10500 in konga I think.

I have this white measuring cup set. I use the biggest and lump in about three cups. After that, I add a half teaspoon of salt them I use a whisk and turn it around them add about two or one and a half of sugar. I measure it using empty bama mayonaise bottle which happens to be my sugar container.

I will then whisk them again and then add like one and a half teaspoon of yeast.

I boil like two cups of water then turn only one cup into a tea cup and then add powdered milk (optional). I use about one sachet of peak. The fifty naira own. Then I break in an egg into the milk and beat both of them (the egg and the milk here is totally optional) but it makes it delicious.

Make sure the water isn't that hot else e go cook your egg kinda.

Then I turn it into the bowl containing the flour Dem. Then I use my garri paddle (yes, good old garri paddle, did I tell you it can also be used as a weapon: story for another day Sha).

Then try to turn it as if you're turning eba (some people stay with their hands, pls don't) turn it till u see it begin to form into a dough, then you stop.

Cut small pieces of butter and add (mostly here I use margarine) add about 5 to 6 inch size cubes of it then continue turning.

A word of caution here, margarine or butter contains a bit of liquid which will make you try to add more flour.

When you can get it into one ball them turn it into a floured work surface. And start kneading. Knead and as little bits of floor as you do till you have a smooth dough. You shouldn't use more than half a cup to one cup of flour while kneading. Infact the less the better.

If the dough is to dry or hard, Remember the remaining one cup of warm water in the kettle as it to it. But pls don't pour it in. Dip your fingers to the water use the wet fingers to knead and repeat till u have a workable dough. Then use a bit of veg oil on a bowl (pls not palm oil, thank you) them put your dough ball in the hotel and swirl it around, the essence is to cost the dough entirely then cover it with a shrink wrap try to get it airtight if you can.

Hack no 1. If you still have the warm/hot water. Dampen a kitchen towel and then put it on top of the shrink wrapped bowl. It speeds up the rising time. That's for those that don't have time enough on their hands.

As the bread is rising. Bring out your fish.

It's fish time guys.

Disclaimer again. Use can sardines if you can afford. It has a good taste, but night be a bit pricey as you'll need about two cans here. Wish I do here is to use Titus fish from market. One is enough.

Then bring out oga Titus!!! Wash, cut it up and then season, boil till it's soft. Please don't forget the pepper a little bit more if you get nauseated easily. Drain the fish and then mash it into chunks, removing as much bone as possible. In fact get them all out.

That's one of the advantage that sardines have, their bones are boneless!!!.

Set the remaining fish aside cus I know say you'll definitely eat some(we totally understand).

When the dough has risen enough.(it'll double in size). Pls don't let it triple. The result taste isn't as doubly risen bread.

Bring it out. Knead it again. Then rub bits of margarine on your pan. Or you can use noon stick spray if you have.

Then roll the dough out flat then then roll it back scoping in bits of fish as you roll it till you have it like a fish roll. Make sure it's like half of the height of the pan. Tuck the ends in and Lyft it and place in your pan. Cover it again for about 30 mins. Then preheat your oven and let the bread rise.

You Can do the damp dish cloth thingy again. As soon at it is the same height with your pan or after 30 mins stuck it into the oven. I usually keep mine at 170 or less. This is to allow the the bread cook well. After 30 mins pls check it by sticking a toothpick inside it out comes out clean you can then remove the bread. Take it out from the pan and let it cool down on a wire rack (not plate) then you enjoy.

Well folks that's my fish bread recipe.

I first ate the bread in ojuelegba by the flyover. There was a pastry shop owned by an Egyptian way back in 2011. I don't know if it's still there.

This bread is amazing. Sorry I don't have the pix now. But am baking it this weekend. If necessary I'll add the step by step pix.

Oya comments, questions etc.

Thanks for reading my epistle.

2 Likes

Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by lifenajeje(m): 9:49am On Jul 26, 2017
Ikotun Lagos and environs

Chunkies 350

Honey comb 300

Queensmeal 300

Val u 350

Xtralife 250

A1 250

Ago palace ..festac ....environs

Vanilla cottage bread 400
If that bread get supplied by 9am its off the shelf by 3 pm

Shoprite loaf I see people queue up waiting for bread there

Butter field Abi ns butter crust

Some breads listed in.ikotun.axis sell as well.in this area

Ppl okokomaiko

Sawoye

If u take that agege bread eat beans for morning e go carry you to the next day

Afegunle

Lion share ...very long tasty bread
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by Pamelayoung: 11:54am On Jul 26, 2017
elnino3:

Ok. About illustration I don't want to start uploading pic here.

But for recipe, lemme give you my favorite recipe.
It's fish bread! Yes you heard it, fish bread.

Sorry about my measurements here cus I eyeball most of it. I don't really use formal measurements, I no dey bake for Ask rock.

Another disclaimer, I knead with my hands and I use a small electric oven. About 10500 in konga I think.

I have this white measuring cup set. I use the biggest and lump in about three cups. After that, I add a half teaspoon of salt them I use a whisk and turn it around them add about two or one and a half of sugar. I measure it using empty bama mayonaise bottle which happens to be my sugar container.

I will then whisk them again and then add like one and a half teaspoon of yeast.

I boil like two cups of water then turn only one cup into a tea cup and then add powdered milk (optional). I use about one sachet of peak. The fifty naira own. Then I break in an egg into the milk and beat both of them (the egg and the milk here is totally optional) but it makes it delicious.

Make sure the water isn't that hot else e go cook your egg kinda.

Then I turn it into the bowl containing the flour Dem. Then I use my garri paddle (yes, good old garri paddle, did I tell you it can also be used as a weapon: story for another day Sha).

Then try to turn it as if you're turning eba (some people stay with their hands, pls don't) turn it till u see it begin to form into a dough, then you stop.

Cut small pieces of butter and add (mostly here I use margarine) add about 5 to 6 inch size cubes of it then continue turning.

A word of caution here, margarine or butter contains a bit of liquid which will make you try to add more flour.

When you can get it into one ball them turn it into a floured work surface. And start kneading. Knead and as little bits of floor as you do till you have a smooth dough. You shouldn't use more than half a cup to one cup of flour while kneading. Infact the less the better.

If the dough is to dry or hard, Remember the remaining one cup of warm water in the kettle as it to it. But pls don't pour it in. Dip your fingers to the water use the wet fingers to knead and repeat till u have a workable dough. Then use a bit of veg oil on a bowl (pls not palm oil, thank you) them put your dough ball in the hotel and swirl it around, the essence is to cost the dough entirely then cover it with a shrink wrap try to get it airtight if you can.

Hack no 1. If you still have the warm/hot water. Dampen a kitchen towel and then put it on top of the shrink wrapped bowl. It speeds up the rising time. That's for those that don't have time enough on their hands.

As the bread is rising. Bring out your fish.

It's fish time guys.

Disclaimer again. Use can sardines if you can afford. It has a good taste, but night be a bit pricey as you'll need about two cans here. Wish I do here is to use Titus fish from market. One is enough.

Then bring out oga Titus!!! Wash, cut it up and then season, boil till it's soft. Please don't forget the pepper a little bit more if you get nauseated easily. Drain the fish and then mash it into chunks, removing as much bone as possible. In fact get them all out.

That's one of the advantage that sardines have, their bones are boneless!!!.

Set the remaining fish aside cus I know say you'll definitely eat some(we totally understand).

When the dough has risen enough.(it'll double in size). Pls don't let it triple. The result taste isn't as doubly risen bread.

Bring it out. Knead it again. Then rub bits of margarine on your pan. Or you can use noon stick spray if you have.

Then roll the dough out flat then then roll it back scoping in bits of fish as you roll it till you have it like a fish roll. Make sure it's like half of the height of the pan. Tuck the ends in and Lyft it and place in your pan. Cover it again for about 30 mins. Then preheat your oven and let the bread rise.

You Can do the damp dish cloth thingy again. As soon at it is the same height with your pan or after 30 mins stuck it into the oven. I usually keep mine at 170 or less. This is to allow the the bread cook well. After 30 mins pls check it by sticking a toothpick inside it out comes out clean you can then remove the bread. Take it out from the pan and let it cool down on a wire rack (not plate) then you enjoy.

Well folks that's my fish bread recipe.

I first ate the bread in ojuelegba by the flyover. There was a pastry shop owned by an Egyptian way back in 2011. I don't know if it's still there.

This bread is amazing. Sorry I don't have the pix now. But am baking it this weekend. If necessary I'll add the step by step pix.

Oya comments, questions etc.

Thanks for reading my epistle.

Ha! Pls I don't understand this your epistle can I come and to watch you bake? I prefer seeing it live than reading
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by elnino3(m): 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
Pamelayoung:

Ha! Pls I don't understand this your epistle can I come and to watch you bake? I prefer seeing it live than reading
I doubt if that'll be possible as I stay in Uyo. But if you're within the environs. I'll be glad to show you. Step by step.
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by Smartademu(m): 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
Have u tried Nexta bread? tongue

1 Like

Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by maradelkitchen(f): 10:36pm On Jul 30, 2017
I made this yesterday

2 Likes

Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by maradelkitchen(f): 10:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
Thanks elnino3.....I would definately try it
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by elnino3(m): 3:58am On Jul 31, 2017
maradelkitchen:
Thanks elnino3.....I would definately try it

You're welcome maradelkitchen. Your bread looks yummy. Now am in the baking spirit.
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 02, 2017
Http
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by yesboss20(m): 6:35pm On Aug 25, 2017
Wow!
Why hadn't I thought of this - a thread for bread-smiths! My love for bread is....buttered up!

Anyway, in response to the OP, the following are my favourite loafs within the fringes of Nigeria:
.OK Tantalizer bread - Ikot Ekpene, Aba and environs
.Sunrise bread - Ibadan, Ilorin and Ogbomoso
.My Joy bread - Oyo, Kwara and environs
.Oyiza bread - FCT
.Shoprite whole wheat bread - most shoprite stores nationwide.

Outside these mentioned, I have some other contenders depending on my prevalent pastry state. In the end though, hot agege bread na their mother! Freshly home baked buns works too.

Regards,
Yes boss!
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by yesboss20(m): 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2017
maradelkitchen:
I made this yesterday
Sighting the Rusell Hobbs breadmaker! Smells bread-tastic!!!
Yesboss!
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by Titay(f): 9:46pm On Aug 25, 2017
Chunkies bread is the in thing here for people that lives in ikotun axis. I Tasted paradise Hp bread it was also sumptuous
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by yesboss20(m): 11:51am On Aug 26, 2017
For people in the North, I'd recommend Oasis (Ostrich) Bakery's big toast/coconut bread. They make exceptional pastries, even shoprite's does not put a dent on theirs. Their pizza is equally cool.
Check them out in Jos, Ilorin, Kano and Bauchi.

Yesboss!
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by yesboss20(m): 11:53am On Aug 26, 2017
Titay:
Chunkies bread is the in thing here for people that lives in ikotun axis. I Tasted paradise Hp bread it was also sumptuous

I have heard about both crunchies and chunkies now. Think it's time to explore them.
Coming to Ikotun pretty soon.

Regards,
Yesboss.
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by uboma(m): 8:12am On Aug 27, 2017
yesboss20:
Wow!
Why hadn't I thought of this - a thread for bread-smiths! My love for bread is....buttered up!

Anyway, in response to the OP, the following are my favourite loafs within the fringes of Nigeria:
.OK Tantalizer bread - Ikot Ekpene, Aba and environs
.Sunrise bread - Ibadan, Ilorin and Ogbomoso
.My Joy bread - Oyo, Kwara and environs
.Oyiza bread - FCT
.Shoprite whole wheat bread - most shoprite stores nationwide.

Outside these mentioned, I have some other contenders depending on my prevalent pastry state. In the end though, hot agege bread na their mother! Freshly home baked buns works too.

Regards,
Yes boss!

Thank you for the beautiful submission.

However I am yet to come across Oyiza Bread in the FCT.

Where can I get this loaf of bread please?

I will like to have a first hand experience.

Thank you
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by adexuxin(m): 12:41am On Aug 28, 2017
uboma:
I can't go a day without having a bite of 'good' Bread.

Here in Abuja, I have my preference already but outside Abuja, I spend quite some time looking for good Bread to buy and sometimes I end up not buying because I cannot tell which is good.

To this end, I ask that lovers of 'good' Bread kindly identify the best Bread in their individual locations.

This may aid visitors to these locations to make informed decision when buying bread.

For Abuja, I eat only the following,

1) Oak loaf of Bread

2) Butterfield loaf of Bread

3) Lims loaf of Bread (but I no longer see these in the market).

Lovers of Bread based in the FCT can update the list as well.

Looking forward to responses from other locations.

Have a good Sunday.
you are missing go and try the following breadin Abuja
Grand square,chester fries, Next bread and shoprite Aunties
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by yesboss20(m): 11:33am On Nov 02, 2017
uboma:

Thank you for the beautiful submission.

However I am yet to come across Oyiza Bread in the FCT.

Where can I get this loaf of bread please?

I will like to have a first hand experience.

Thank you

Good morning!

My apologies for seeing this late. For Oyiza, one would have to be in Central Area - from the Area 1-3 axis up into Garki 2 then I think at Karu/Kurudu as well. If memory serves me correctly, it's produced around the Keffi region.

Regards,
Yesboss!
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by uboma(m): 12:11pm On Nov 02, 2017
yesboss20:

Good morning!

My apologies for seeing this late. For Oyiza, one would have to be in Central Area - from the Area 1-3 axis up into Garki 2 then I think at Karu/Kurudu as well. If memory serves me correctly, it's produced around the Keffi region.

Regards,
Yesboss!

Good day Sir.

Thank you for the feedback.

Not in Abuja at the moment though.

Upon my return, I will look for it.

Cheers
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by uboma(m): 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2017
Still updating this thread,

Easybite Family Loaf is another good loaf of bread to add on the list.
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by nlPoster: 12:49pm On Sep 22, 2019
So few pictures?
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by nlPoster: 9:24pm On Dec 02, 2019
Very detailed topic, nice one.
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by uboma(m): 6:17am On Dec 03, 2019
We have a new loaf of Bread in town, Dunamis. The loaf of Bread is good and tasty.

I will like to find out if it is affiliated to Dunamis Church.
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by nlPoster: 1:31pm On Dec 03, 2019
If only one could somehow taste through the internet.
Re: Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. by GreaterFuture(m): 6:01am On Dec 05, 2020
Butterfield Bread
Alomosho, Lagos.

I hear people speak well off Jendol Bread too.

If you reside around Ikọtun, Egbeda, axis, Pls Share the Best affordable breads one can get in this area.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Your Maggi Cook Book Here ♨ / Three Crowns Milk Rewards Mums In ‘Cook For Mum’ Mother’s Day Campaign / Yought, What Is Real Taste?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.