Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,694 members, 7,802,032 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. (3326 Views)

Lady’s Skirt Burnt As Her Phone Explodes Today, At The Benin Market / Woman Got Burnt As Gas Cylinder Explodes While Using Her Phone (Graphic photos) / FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. by mekleelex200(m): 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2017
Good day my follow Nairalanders, last week I was using my phone torch (infinix hot 4 precisely) due to complaints that the light was so bright I used my index finger to block the light source but within 1 minute I found out that I felt a burning sensation on my finger.

My question is I thought phone light is a white light (Led light) with low energy level, I also did experiment using black polythene and it burnt it, is there any physics explanation for that. Moreover, I want to know the energy level this phones we use generate and to know if there is any health hazards. Thanks.
Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44.

Re: My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. by ekensi01: 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2017
Two ladies viewing and 2 gusts.

Bro my advice is get a german phone leave china in peace.

Well i want to see the burnt before i tell you the reason, why.
Lies
Re: My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. by TDonald: 1:06pm On Jul 23, 2017
No pictures sef to verify your claim..... Smh undecided

1 Like

Re: My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. by MasterKim: 3:12pm On Jul 23, 2017
Eeyah! Pele
Re: My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. by OVA200(m): 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2017
Make I park my leggedis Benz here when you have genuine proof let me know or you want me to start using my hand to cover flashlight?
Re: My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. by mekleelex200(m): 4:23pm On Jul 23, 2017
ekensi01:
Two ladies viewing and 2 gusts.

Bro my advice is get a german phone leave china in peace.

Well i want to see the burnt before i tell you the reason, why.

Lies
I told you it happened last week, u know the scare that will remain when hot water or oil touches you at ur palm. But I cannot show u prove with black polythene if you insist. You can still try it out if u see the same phone and BTW should I trow away my phone now to buy German phone?
Re: My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. by Afokeoghen: 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2017
It is very true..
I found it out about two months too with my Itel phone..
I checked with my wife's Tecno too.. It is same.
Bringing the finger close to the light of the flash torch burns like fire (especially when left for like ten seconds) ...
Would like to know the science behind it too. I mean, is the light not supposed to be low energy led?
Re: My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. by binary007: 7:50pm On Jul 23, 2017
It is Led light but focused at the source...
First law of thermodynamics.. "Energy can neither be created nor destroyed but can be converted from one source to another"
Putting your finger to cover the light intensity does not reduce the energy, it Only converts about 80% of the light energy into another source of energy which is heat energy therefore burning you in the process.

I hope I was of help.

2 Likes

Re: My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. by ddjay: 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
INFINIX HOT, wat wr u xpectin na,u r luky fire no catch, jus use dat phone with caution. Like someone above said,buy German and leave china.we av bin using led torch on phones for a while na (naija phcn tins) on diff brands and except battery temperature, notin like led high temperature. Even on rechargeable lanterns nottin like dat.jus use dat infinix HOT phone wt caution
Re: My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. by obojememe: 9:11pm On Jul 23, 2017
i just despise these junk techno, infinx , itel et al so much
Re: My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. by mekleelex200(m): 9:27pm On Jul 23, 2017
Afokeoghen:
It is very true..
Bringing the finger close to the light of the flash torch burns like fire (especially when left for like ten seconds) ...
Would like to know the science behind it too. I mean, is the light not supposed to be low energy led?
Thank you for your observations because people said I was lying.
binary007:
First law of thermodynamics.. "Energy can neither be created nor destroyed but can be converted from one source to another"
Putting your finger to cover the light intensity does not reduce the energy, it Only converts about 80% of the light energy into another source of energy which is heat energy therefore burning you in the process.

I hope I was of help.
Afokeoghen:
It is very true..
Thank you for your observations because people said I was lying.
Re: My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. by mekleelex200(m): 9:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
binary007:

I hope I was of help.
Good point but from what I know led light transmit absolutely low energy for instance led bulb or maybe the 'led light' does not suit it.
Re: My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. by mekleelex200(m): 9:34pm On Jul 23, 2017
ddjay:
INFINIX HOT, wat wr u xpectin na,u r luky fire no catch, jus use dat phone with caution. Like someone above said,buy German and leave china.we av bin using led torch on phones for a while na (naija phcn tins) on diff brands and except battery temperature, notin like led high temperature. Even on rechargeable lanterns nottin like dat.jus use dat infinix HOT phone wt caution
U funny but I need scientific explanation.

Re: My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. by Cutezt(m): 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2017
I just tried it on my hisense device for 1 minute and nothing happened.
Re: My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. by afezy110(m): 11:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
ddjay:
lwkmd
Re: My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. by Oscarpraise(m): 1:46am On Jul 24, 2017
obojememe:
i just despise these junk techno, infinx , itel et al so much

The itel P51 is no junk at all, try it out and see for yourself
Re: My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. by mekleelex200(m): 9:40am On Jul 24, 2017
Abeg lalasticlala move this to the promise land let's get wide educative comments, I guarantee you a plate of sweet snake pepper soup as an appreciation.
Re: My Phone's Torch Burnt My Finger. by mekleelex200(m): 9:42am On Jul 24, 2017
Abeg lalasticlala move this to the promise land let's get wide educative comments, I guarantee you a plate of sweet snake pepper soup as an appreciation.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Ayodeji The Winner Of Iphone X In The Jumia Treasure Hunt! / NCC Moves To Enhance ICT In Nigeria / Android – Get And Watch All Live DSTV Channels For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.