Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) (58971 Views)

"Please Attend My Burial"- Dead Man Begs People To Come For His Burial In Poster / Drunk Comedian Climbs A Palm Tree At A Burial In Okigwe, Imo / Women Drinking Beer At A Burial In Enugu, Use Their Teeth As Opener (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by tomax026: 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2017
Soole " was a Mad man who was well known by Offa dwellers since 70s, He used to stay Opp.Offa Grammar school, OGS.. I knew him too. Apart of holding his genitals, I also observed his love for Coke, I do tell people, that have not seen anyone who drinks Coke more than him. I learnt he died yesterday at an old age and I got some pictures of his life and his burial..Today is my birthday and yesterday, I lost two people (Soole, and a cousin: Ayanda Nurudeen) to the cold hand of death.. may their souls rest in peace..

This is a piece written by an individual on Soole,
CYCLE OF MADNESS
Life is not always associated with sanity. It is based on both rational and irrational arrangements. Even before general human creation, Satan had displayed his irrational behavior before his Creator out of arrogance and sheer ignorance. Therefore, the level of madness (insanity) in this world especially in Nigeria should not be isolated but it must become a source of concern for all and sundry.
This piece is titled "Cycle of Madness ". As a young boy on the streets of Ipee, Ijagbo and Offa (all in Kwara State), I was used to seeing many people who were mentally unfit. I would ask my elders what was wrong with them, the answers I got were "they were mad". I began to ask myself and other people around what were the causes of their madness and what factors could lead to one being declared mad or mentally unstable. Many believed it was spiritual while others felt it could be self inflicted. Which one it was, I was still worried about their number in these three communities (I spent my first twenty years there). The most popular among them were: Soole, Iya Mumini, Iya Joke and Kasali (a well trained and disciplined Police officer). I was told Kasali was inflicted with the condition by a man he was ordered to arrest. Everyone testified he was an incorruptible officer. (He was in the condition for more than three decades, huh).
I am going to centre this thought on "The dynamics of the impacts of madness on the Nigerian Economy".
Research has clearly shown that there is a strong link between mental ill-health and poverty. Poverty increases the risk of mental instability. As well, mental illness leads one easily into poverty. Economic crises negatively affect the population's mental health. Madness to me does not just exist but it based on the society in which it exists. Many countries have it as a legislation to cater for the mentally unfits. Such doesn't matter in Nigeria, however. Do we even care for the sane? Madness is everywhere and it can manifest at any time. An unexpected event make a most reasonable man to behave most irrationally even without probable and close solutions. Economic hardship can damage human sensibility. Can we all see how close a man to the edge of madness.
The positive impacts of these mentally challenged beings cannot be underestimated. At times, they stay in the middle of the road controlling traffic while the "sane one" become impatient for orderliness to be restored. Some said some things to us which we thought were statements of the mad but they later became useful to us. In fact, some people will believe that such mad persons were their angels. Also, many of us watch the displays of these mentally challenged and we forget our sorrows at that time making us to appreciate God for His mercies over us, at least. Most of our comedians today display halftime madness and yet realize huge fortunes from their "madness."
It may also interest you to know that a psychiatrist gets his meals and pays other bills from the attention he gives to the mentally challenged beings, therefore, with their absence, he becomes irrelevant in the society. From all the examples of benefits of the mad people highlighted above, it can be evidently seen that mad people contribute immensely economically to any reasonable society. In fact, a mad person does not lie. Truth is the bedrock of economic harmony and prosperity.
While the mad people actually deserve our help, care and pity, how about the self made (another form of) mad people. These ones really deserve our condemnations and curses. We are not to celebrate them. We should not see hard work as one thing that does not pay.
While I hope to conclude my thoughts on the other form of mad people in next piece, I pray that God protects us from "real" and safe made madness. Once again, I still say RIP "SOOLE"

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by ekensi01: 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
Someone they didnt care about when he was alive.

What a useless world.

163 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by tomax026: 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
More photos

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by Came: 12:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
Why did those that gave him a befitting burial let him roam the streets without caring for him... Medicine after death na him people dey always do.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by Buhardulardapc: 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
Came:
Why did those that gave him a befitting burial let him roam the streets without caring for him... Medicine after death na him people dey always do.
This one tire me Good Question need answer

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by Nutase: 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2017
People that didn't care for him when he was alive will come and pretend burying him is a sign of love. shocked

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by tyson98: 3:18pm On Jul 23, 2017
Came:
CORRECT TALK!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by Effizy12(m): 3:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
Madness burial

2 Likes

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by Jfrankination(m): 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2017
Awwww

2 Likes

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by dolphinife: 4:16pm On Jul 23, 2017
Were dun wo, ko se bi lomo....

Don't know the translation biko

4 Likes

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by ibkkk(f): 5:25pm On Jul 23, 2017
We should learn to show love and care to those in need of them while they are alive.The people that gave him a befitting burial did well,but how many of them tried caring for him while alive.God please, don't make us mad o.

10 Likes

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by tomax026: 6:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
Some people do this to their parents too , when they r alive, they won't care, when they died, 50 cows can be killed to celebrate them

8 Likes

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by buchilino(m): 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2017
IS IT JUST ME, OR DAT MOST BURIALS NOWADAYS HAVE BECOME MORE ENTERTAINING THAN OTHER CEREMONIES

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by owaeghianye(m): 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
Isoright
Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by OkoYibo: 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
Buried just like Ojukwu

When Ojukwu was sick in the hospital, he was abandoned by his family and Igbos. His wife Bianca was busy in Abuja lobbying for a political post and azz-licking Jonathan. It got to a point that PEJ had to embarrass her out of Aso Rock.

Peter Obi who benefitted immensely from Ojukwu's goodwill in the East abandoned Ojukwu in the hospital. He preferred to pay for Ojukwu's burial than his treatment because he wanted Ojukwu to die and he (Peter Obi) becomes the new APGA leader.

It took a Yoruba man (Mike Adenuga) to pay Ojukwu's hospital bills.

https://www.nairaland.com/812072/mike-adenuga-first-naija-order

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/threads/ikemba-of-great-alaigbo-nation-abandoned-in-england-chineke-mee-o.64124/page-5

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by auntysimbiat(f): 6:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
Celeb mad man

2 Likes

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by Iseoluwani: 6:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
Rip

A madman (all due respect) is been celebrated

Moral of the story

Leave a good name behind no matter what

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by Bitterleafsoup: 6:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
Only black people appreciate the dead more than those alive....
Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by bbbabes(f): 6:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
Useless Nigerians
Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by mfm04622: 6:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
ekensi01:
Someone they didnt care about when he was alive.

What a useless world.

You mean he shouldn't be buried when he died? From the pictures, I didn't see any party or anything. The community just buried him. What would your community do in such situation? Leave the corpse to rot away while waiting for govt to evacuate it?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by donofdons: 6:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
Yorubas are prone to non violent madness,fetish rituals,lying spirits,servile mindedness, Hausas are prone to stupidity,indifference and disability, Igbos are prone to greed, innovativeness,aggression, ijaws are prone to drunkenness, Efiks are prone to servitude, ibibios are prone to laziness and gluttony, nupes are prone to primitive lifestyles, kanuris are prone to destructive pride over nothing, fulanis are prone to religious extremism, Ogoni's are prone to stupidity and inferiority complex, ikwerre are prone to violence and laziness, igalas are prone to fetishism and backwardness, idomas are prone to timidity, Tivs are prone to shortsightedness, jukuns are prone to violent madness, urobhos are prone to backwardness, itshekiris are prone to greediness, binis are prone to recklessness and criminality, igbiras are prone to violent temperament.

5 Likes

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by MissRaine69(f): 6:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
He died alone. Worst thing for any human. There is nothing befitting here.
Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by dayleke: 6:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
RIP to both pples...
Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by Rakitic4: 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2017
His Human And Should Be Treated As Such. Rip Man

2 Likes

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 23, 2017
Knew him from 1990 when I was in primary 2.

Throughout my secondary school years (1994 - 2000), saw him daily as he used to stay in front of our secondary school gate.

Still saw him in 2015 when I visited Offa last.

9 Likes

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by Iseoluwani: 6:49pm On Jul 23, 2017
Effizy12:
Madness burial
bbbabes:
Useless Nigerians
Effizy12:
Madness burial
OkoYibo:
Buried just like Ojuku

3 Likes

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2017
What did they do to help/rehabilitate him when he was alive,it was after his death they now remembered to help in burying him. Dem for leave him dead body for ground now, if dem no go hear am. Bunch of hypocrites.

Mention me negatively and die mysteriously before next month
Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by MissRaine69(f): 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2017
mfm04622:

You mean he shouldn't be buried when he died? From the pictures, I didn't see any party or anything. The community just buried him. What would your community do in such situation? Leave the corpse to rot away while waiting for govt to evacuate it?
You miss the point that is not what was referred to here. You care for the living more than you would for a corpse or is that one and the same to you?

1 Like

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by opedaydydx9(m): 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2017
Hard times
Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 6:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
Jarus:
Knew him from 1990 when I was in primary 2.
you resemble him small grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos) by marooh: 6:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
Kwara so after all this year's without national news u people come out madman burial?

Anyway shaa madman burial is better than afonja ritual news cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Twin Sisters Marry Twin Brothers On The Same Day (Photos) / Lady Plays Groomsman Role At Her Twin Brother's Wedding (photos) / Burial Photos Of Onoh Chukwuma Who Committed Suicide After Losing ₦2.5M Bet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.