Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,693 members, 7,805,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

12 Less Competitive Courses In Nigerian Institutions You Can Choose From - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 12 Less Competitive Courses In Nigerian Institutions You Can Choose From (6492 Views)

10 Most Competitive Courses For JAMB 2018 Admission In Nigeria Universities / Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities / Less Competitive Universities In Nigeria You Can Easily Gain Admission In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Less Competitive Courses In Nigerian Institutions You Can Choose From by Bari22: 3:18pm On Jul 23, 2017
Naijinfos.com is today presenting some of the less competitive courses in Nigerian tertiary institutions for our brothers and sisters who are seeking admission to select. Advantage of this is to avoid a mistake of choosing a high competitive courses that in many cases cost you an admission. Another advantage of this write up is that it highlight some of the professional courses that are neglected by admission seekers because due to lack of career guidance. It will also guide our admission seekers who wish to Change their Jamb course/Institution a chance to choose an appropriate course to avoid previous mistake.
12 Less competitive courses in Nigerian higher institutions
1. Languages : If I say languages I mean our native languages like Hausa, yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Efik and others. With your required credentials it is easy to secure admission into any Nigerian higher institution to study languages. Teaching job and other offers are always available for languages graduates.
2. History: History is one of the underrated courses in our tertiary institutions which make it less competitive and easy to get admission in any higher institution in Nigeria.
3. Surveying : Surveying is one of the most lucrative courses in 21st century. However, it has less competition in Nigerian higher institutions, this may be unconnected with aim of the students to study professional courses like architecture and likes. I recommend this course you because we have less number if quantity surveyors In Nigeria plus high Chance of employment and less admission competition.
4. Agriculture: Agriculture needs no introduction to an average African man. The fact that our people now ignore agric make it less competitive in our Universities. With your required credentials you can easily get admission to study agriculture. The truth is agriculture remains one of the best professional courses on earth surface, with strong ability to be self dependent.
5. Education Courses: Education courses (double honours) are among the less competitive courses in our higher institutions. While honour courses are suppose to have high competition than single honour courses, the reverse is the case. This may be unconnected with strong believe that if you study education you will end up in classroom, which is simply false.
Related: See how to Check your 2017 WAEC Result
6. Zoology/Botany :
Zoology and Botany are two different branches of Biology. While zoology is the study of animal, botany is concern with the study of plants. May be because zoology is related to “Zoo”, some students assume if you study zoology you will end up in the Zoo, which is also false.

Read more at:
www.naijinfos.com/2017/07/12-less-competitive-courses-in-nigerian.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: 12 Less Competitive Courses In Nigerian Institutions You Can Choose From by LUGBE: 3:39pm On Jul 23, 2017
Nice
Re: 12 Less Competitive Courses In Nigerian Institutions You Can Choose From by Bari22: 4:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
LUGBE:
Nice
wink
LUGBE:
Nice
Re: 12 Less Competitive Courses In Nigerian Institutions You Can Choose From by NwaAroOkeigbo(m): 7:23pm On Jul 23, 2017
In Nigeria where the quest for education overwhelms the infrastructures on ground, all courses are competitive.

1 Like

Re: 12 Less Competitive Courses In Nigerian Institutions You Can Choose From by othman11(m): 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2017
Nice article
Re: 12 Less Competitive Courses In Nigerian Institutions You Can Choose From by Jman06(m): 10:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
Better to work harder and get a good course than settling for a course with limited job prospects. Even if it means writing WAEC/JAMB repeatedly.

It's even better to go and learn skilled work than studying some courses.

1 Like

Re: 12 Less Competitive Courses In Nigerian Institutions You Can Choose From by gentlekeny(m): 12:32am On Jul 24, 2017
Add the following courses
Chinese Woodwork/Capentry Visual Arts Insurance Physical Education
Re: 12 Less Competitive Courses In Nigerian Institutions You Can Choose From by Bari22: 8:13am On Jul 24, 2017
Jman06:
Better to work harder and get a good course than settling for a course with limited job prospects. Even if it means writing WAEC/JAMB repeatedly.

It's even better to go and learn skilled work than studying some courses.
I disagree with you here, as the things are turning around now, you better go and study even if it is b.sc dancing. If not in the process of seeking admission you may become bored and abandoned the study sef
Re: 12 Less Competitive Courses In Nigerian Institutions You Can Choose From by constance500: 2:20pm On Jul 24, 2017
Bari22:
Naijinfos.com is today presenting some of the less competitive courses in Nigerian tertiary institutions for our brothers and sisters who are seeking admission to select. Advantage of this is to avoid a mistake of choosing a high competitive courses that in many cases cost you an admission. Another advantage of this write up is that it highlight some of the professional courses that are neglected by admission seekers because due to lack of career guidance. It will also guide our admission seekers who wish to Change their Jamb course/Institution a chance to choose an appropriate course to avoid previous mistake.
12 Less competitive courses in Nigerian higher institutions
1. Languages : If I say languages I mean our native languages like Hausa, yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Efik and others. With your required credentials it is easy to secure admission into any Nigerian higher institution to study languages. Teaching job and other offers are always available for languages graduates.
2. History: History is one of the underrated courses in our tertiary institutions which make it less competitive and easy to get admission in any higher institution in Nigeria.
3. Surveying : Surveying is one of the most lucrative courses in 21st century. However, it has less competition in Nigerian higher institutions, this may be unconnected with aim of the students to study professional courses like architecture and likes. I recommend this course you because we have less number if quantity surveyors In Nigeria plus high Chance of employment and less admission competition.
4. Agriculture: Agriculture needs no introduction to an average African man. The fact that our people now ignore agric make it less competitive in our Universities. With your required credentials you can easily get admission to study agriculture. The truth is agriculture remains one of the best professional courses on earth surface, with strong ability to be self dependent.
5. Education Courses: Education courses (double honours) are among the less competitive courses in our higher institutions. While honour courses are suppose to have high competition than single honour courses, the reverse is the case. This may be unconnected with strong believe that if you study education you will end up in classroom, which is simply false.
Related: See how to Check your 2017 WAEC Result
6. Zoology/Botany :
Zoology and Botany are two different branches of Biology. While zoology is the study of animal, botany is concern with the study of plants. May be because zoology is related to “Zoo”, some students assume if you study zoology you will end up in the Zoo, which is also false.

Read more at:
www.naijinfos.com/2017/07/12-less-competitive-courses-in-nigerian.html?m=1

One shouldn't have issues studying ZOOLOGY, it's all about Nigeria cos I heard it a zoo already grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 12 Less Competitive Courses In Nigerian Institutions You Can Choose From by Bari22: 8:34pm On Jul 25, 2017
constance500:

One shouldn't have issues studying ZOOLOGY, it's all about Nigeria cos I heard it a zoo already grin grin grin
That means you and all your family are animals?
Re: 12 Less Competitive Courses In Nigerian Institutions You Can Choose From by constance500: 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2017
Bari22:
That means you and all your family are animals?

Including you, your family and your ancestors cos I never mentioned anybody in my post... Fool..
Re: 12 Less Competitive Courses In Nigerian Institutions You Can Choose From by Bari22: 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2017
constance500:

Including you, your family and your ancestors cos I never mentioned anybody in my post... Fool..

Re: 12 Less Competitive Courses In Nigerian Institutions You Can Choose From by Flashacademy(m): 10:59am On Jan 10, 2019
You can read more on the list of less competitive universities in nigeria that give admission easily.

https://flashacademy.com.ng/less-competitive-universities-nigeria-easy-admission/
Re: 12 Less Competitive Courses In Nigerian Institutions You Can Choose From by Greengeek: 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2020
Less competitive courses in Nigeria are truly the easiest to gain admission for in the University.
See them here = https://flashacademy.com.ng/less-competitive-courses/

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? / Who Know Lagos Postal Code / UNIBEN Cut Off Mark For 2017/2018 Session Www.uniben.edu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.