Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Death Not Today - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Death Not Today (15883 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 10:58am On Aug 08, 2017
CHAPTER FOUR.
Title: Awaken
Dedicated to donteanz who pestered me on facebook to update. Hadampson my assistant op for keeping the thread till I could update, and to all my readers both commentators and ghostreaders, thanks for understanding.
I need a critic. Can't just be writing without no critic. Need to improve.

"I see you are awake", a more macho voice spoke to him as he opened his eyes. He was in a different room and his hands weren't tied, someone had changed his clothes from white to black.

"Hello". The voice was the same as the one he heard when he first woke up. But this time around it was coming from all corners of the room, turning around the voice instructed him again to stand up.
It seemed it was coming from wall inserted speakers. Hi-grade technology, whoever made him a captive must me stinking rich to be able to afford this kind of tech.

Putting his leg down,he recoiled it back almost immediately for the cold floor bite him.
"There are shoes and clothes in the closet change into them and further instructions would be given to you".

Moving to check out the closet, he was amazed it opened before he got there and brought out the clothes on a robotic hand.
Taking it, he realised that they were combat wears;the ash color top, camo trouser, belt and combat boots.
Pulling the clothing on him, he couldn't help but wonder for how long he had been under, for he was now sporting a chubby stomach, beards half the size of father christmas and hairs on his chest.

The cloth was a good fit to his body, taking time to admire his new look, he couldn't help but wonder how the Kingdom had evolved from the time he had been away.

"Follow the blinking lights please". The damn voice was speaking again.
And like a lost sheep he followed till he passed a door that showed exit but needed a key card to be accessed,hell all the doors needed a key card. How was he going to escape.

"Look ahead of you, there are two guards there who would take you to your new quarters. Where you would await further instructions".

He'd be damned if he went down without a fight, the two guards were twice is size, but if he could find a way to take there weapons away, then he could beat them.

On getting there, he stood in their midst giving them a mock salute and nod of the head, but all they returned was a menacing glare that seemed to beg him to f**k up.
As one of the guards inserted his hands into his pocket to bring out the access card, he struck. His two hands moving like a blur in different directions,caught the guards unawares as he struck their eyes with his fingers momentarily blinding them.

"Aarrgh". They screamed in agony as they actually forgot the main reasons why they were their in the first place. Trying to get their eye sight back.

Reaching to grab a hold of their heads, he knocked them out using the concrete-steel wall. Picking up the gun and the access card, he searched their bodies not seeing anything except a cartridge and an energy drink.

Dumping the can, he straightened up after putting on the bullet proof on his body.
Moving the way he came, the alarms began to shout, and the lights began to glare.

He could not go back easily like that, since he could hear footsteps coming towards him.
Opening the shaft access, he jumped in and waited for his assailants and they didn't disappoint.

Time: unknown.
In a dark room, only illuminated by lights from the face of the numerous monitors.
The boss and his lieutenants were seen watching the ongoing fight after dispatching two men each from their platoons making it a total of twenty-four men all going towards the route Stephen had disengaged the guards.

Getting there all they could see was the bodies of the two guards sprawled against the wall like men drunk.
The guards had divided themselves into four group of six men each. Each taking a different route when they got to the intersection which lead to the four different levels of the building.

He could see what they where doing but what they didn't know was that he was directly above them. All he had to do was bid his time of attack. And the time came when four out of the six men moved a little bit faraway from themselves with the two men covering their rears directly above where he was hiding, spaced out in a way he could take them out simultaneously without putting much effort.
He noiselessly lifted up the lid covering the hole large enough to fit two men his size, standing directly above the whole. He placed the gun in an horizontal position and then jumped down.

This is where I stop for today. Updates would continue tomorrow. Sorry for the lack of updates but as I explained earlier on it aint easy with the kind of work I do.
Just had to pretend I had a running stomach to my boss before I could slip off to the toilet to type this.
Hope u forgive your op.
Love,
Gee.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 11:03am On Aug 08, 2017
Hadampson,alamiendagash,cyber5, dopeyomi, emperor380, meneski, creeza, cyberrex, sleemon, donteanz, kimkardashian,lleigh, chumzypinky, pamelb, damibiz, empresst, omoniifamily, gtin, rachealfst, kimberlywest, jane1234f, divepen1 , larrysun, evajael please help me call others.

There is a new update here
Re: Death Not Today by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
Thanks for the update
Re: Death Not Today by Pinkfeet: 8:24pm On Aug 08, 2017
thanks for d update.
continue !!!
Re: Death Not Today by donteanz(m): 10:22pm On Aug 08, 2017
stephenGee12:
Hadampson,alamiendagash,cyber5, dopeyomi, emperor380, meneski, creeza, cyberrex, sleemon, donteanz, kimkardashian,lleigh, chumzypinky, pamelb, damibiz, empresst, omoniifamily, gtin, rachealfst, kimberlywest, jane1234f, divepen1 , larrysun, evajael please help me call others.

There is a new update here
waaawu, baba thanks for the dedication oo. Make baba Gode continue to dey supply you with enough conveniency and time make you fit they sama us regular update.
Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 11:15pm On Aug 08, 2017
This update is for making front page.
Enjoy.

*continued*

Jumping down and using the gun to hit the baseline of the neck of the two men knocking them out,before their bodies touched the ground to attract them of an intruder, he sprayed bullets at the other two taking them down. Laying down fast to dodge bullets coming from the two remaining men. He shot at their legs making the crumble down to one knee and released four shots to their chests.
Standing up, he realized that he was tired from that exercise he had just undergo. If not for adrenaline pumping into his veins from the drink he had taken he would have taken a rest, his body was in a bad shape but his mind was still as sharp as ever.
Ransacking the men, he took swiss army knife some cartridges and replaced his gun.

Moving in the direction he heard come, he trudged ahead carefully for he didn't know if there were more guards waiting for him. Almost getting to the intersection. He waited and listened for any sound but none came. and just as he made for the hall he had seen with the exit sign. He heard voices calling unto the others that he heard been spotted, not waiting for a confrontation he moved forward albeit faster than he had been going.

"raaartttatr, ratttartr ,rartttrt". Was the sound he heard as the bullets ricocheted against the walls just as he bent down to do his shoe lace. Thanking whatever stars saved him, he quickly rolled away for cover from where he was.
Looking in the direction the shots came from, he saw a group of eight men all ready to shoot and were just waiting to fill him with bullets.
Taking the grenade like canister in his hands, not being sure of what it was exactly all he hoped was that it should at least serve as a distraction so he could attack.
Pulling the hook he threw it at the somewhat confused men, while also shooting at them to prevent them from thinking about the canister he just threw.
'Boom', followed by an illuminating white blinding light followed just in time for him to duck.
Meanwhile; the boss and his lieutenants watched as how unknown 'X' took down highly trained men who could give the S.E.A.L.S a run for their money.
The boss facing his 12 lieutenants. Acknowledged his fighting skill and then put a no kill order on his head saying he would be useful to them much to the dismay of others, but his words were final and there was nothing they could do or say about it.

Standing up and moving towards the men who couldn't even see their own hands. He released the bullets from the cartridge into their bodies for safe keeping.

As he was about passing the bodies for he could now see the exit sign beckoning on him to hurry, but a hand grabbed him and flung him back.

Standing up stunned, he couldn't help but open his mouth as his heart somersaulted when he saw the hulk of a guy before him. Pointing a gun at him and shooting but all he heard was the sound of the hammer hitting the cartridge and realized his foolhardy that in his excitement he had forgotten to reload his gun.

There was only one thing to do and that was fight, and as his father always said "the bigger they are, the faster they fall, because the rely only on their brute strength and not brain".

Staying in a fighting stance and beckoning on the hulk to come forward, he watched as he moved towards him in pure anger.
And he knew he had already won.

Hulk came with speed and putting all his strength into the punch he was about to give, only to be side stepped and his right hand grabbed and broken by the elbow connecting to the shoulder of Stephen who then flipped him over and delivered three successive and quick but powerful elbow jabs to the middle of his head.

Standing up and accessing the damage he had done to the big guy he decided all he needed was to deliver one more elbow jab.
Not waiting for hulk to attack this time around he charged towards him and slid in between his legs, using the knife in his hand to slash at the back knee of his leg. Standing up he delivered the last blow to his head as Hulk guy passed out.

Removing the key card he got from the dead guard, he swiped it against the door only to be asked for his biometrics. Going back to drag hulk guy to the door. He heard footsteps hurrying his way, putting more effort in the drag he made a mental note to get himself to top fit when he makes it to one of his secret hideouts.

Placing hulk guy's hand he waited as it scanned the hand, and also listened for sounds to know when the incoming team where arriving.

Throwing two grenades at them, he didn't wait to look before he leapt only to realise he had jumped from the frying pan to the fire.
As the sounds of guns being corked greeted his ears immediately the doors got locked and then the guns sang their song of death. There was no escaping this, as a thousand bullets hit him all spreading pain and doom along its way. So this his were he dies and then fell as death and darkness embraced him like he was their long lost son.

This is all for today. Thanks once again for being patient with me.
Your comments are highly needed.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 11:17pm On Aug 08, 2017
donteanz:
waaawu, baba thanks for the dedication oo. Make baba Gode continue to dey supply you with enough conveniency and time make you fit they sama us regular update.

Amen.
I don drop another one.
I go try they type the rest as the time and inspiration comes.

1 Like

Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 11:17pm On Aug 08, 2017
Pinkfeet:
thanks for d update. continue !!!

Thank you for reading and following and then commenting
Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 11:18pm On Aug 08, 2017
princ007:
Thanks for the update
Thanks for commenting. Where did u put hadampson
Re: Death Not Today by Dopeyomi(m): 5:36am On Aug 09, 2017
Oga mi u sabi work well.. u try walai..

Send me ur account number let me deposit Money dia..

Let me arrange Olosho for u from Pekas..
Re: Death Not Today by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 09, 2017
stephenGee12:

Thanks for commenting. Where did u put hadampson
You welcome dear, lol.. Good morning
Re: Death Not Today by Aaaalexxx: 8:25am On Aug 09, 2017
Thanks for the update Op
Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 9:41am On Aug 09, 2017
Dopeyomi:
Oga mi u sabi work well.. u try walai..
Send me ur account number let me deposit Money dia..
Let me arrange Olosho for u from Pekas..
Thanks man. And thanks for not unfollowing
Re: Death Not Today by donteanz(m): 10:02am On Aug 09, 2017
More speed to your processor and more GB to your RAM stephengee12.
Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 10:05am On Aug 09, 2017
donteanz:
More speed to your processor and more GB to your RAM stephengee12.

Thanks man.
Hope you enjoyed
Re: Death Not Today by Hadampson(m): 11:42am On Aug 09, 2017
stephenGee12:

Thanks for commenting.
Where did u put hadampson
grincheesycheesy

Na inner chamber she put me o. We are doing honeymoonwink (if you know what i meancheesy)
Re: Death Not Today by Hadampson(m): 12:10pm On Aug 09, 2017
Thanks for the dedication bloodacheesy Ah preciate
Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hadampson:
grincheesycheesy

Na inner chamber she put me o. We are doing honeymoonwink (if you know what i meancheesy)

Lol....
I think say na sugarsun una go
Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 1:04pm On Aug 09, 2017
Abeg wu don see adesina12 Meneski, cyber5, alamiendagash, souloho19, creeza

1 Like

Re: Death Not Today by Adesina12: 1:08pm On Aug 09, 2017
stephenGee12:
Abeg wu don see adesina12
Meneski, cyber5, alamiendagash, souloho19, creeza

I am right behind you bro.
I just finished reading the latest update
weldone.
Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 1:11pm On Aug 09, 2017
Adesina12:

I am right behind you bro. I just finished reading the latest update weldone.

Thanks man.
Re: Death Not Today by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hadampson:
grincheesycheesy

Lol..
Re: Death Not Today by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2017
stephenGee12:

Lol.... I think say na sugarsun una go
Lol.. Not only sugarsun, na sweetstar
Re: Death Not Today by Hadampson(m): 2:47pm On Aug 09, 2017
stephenGee12:

Lol.... I think say na sugarsun una go
Lolgrin
Re: Death Not Today by Divineroyalty(f): 4:26pm On Aug 09, 2017
wow!!! what a nice work going on here. Hadampson dear, thanks for the invite. I can see we have a whole lot of magic pen handlers here in NL
More ink to your pen stephenGee12
Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 4:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
Divineroyalty:
wow!!! what a nice work going on here. Hadampson dear, thanks for the invite. I can see we have a whole lot of magic pen handlers here in NL

Thanks.
I appreciate
Re: Death Not Today by meneski(m): 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
stephenGee12:
i c meneskicheesy
Re: Death Not Today by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 09, 2017
I have been sent by the Babalawos of this region to find out what strange DNA does this Stephen one has.......they are conceived that those rain bullets have done no damage and he will be waking up pretty soon.

I think they want to produce a new juju......Literaturelanders, permit me to conduct my research in peace.

This author is trouble sef.
Re: Death Not Today by cyber5(m): 8:14pm On Aug 09, 2017
stephenGee12:

i dey here baba....
Re: Death Not Today by Hadampson(m): 9:44pm On Aug 09, 2017
Divineroyalty:
You welcome queenwink
I sent you pm buh you didn't reply, why?
Re: Death Not Today by souloho19(m): 9:54pm On Aug 09, 2017
stephenGee12:
Abeg wu don see adesina12
Meneski, cyber5, alamiendagash, souloho19, creeza

Brotherly I full ground o
Re: Death Not Today by Pinkfeet: 10:49pm On Aug 09, 2017
well done, more grease to ur elbow

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

CROSS Roads(a True Life Story) / In Search Of Dreams (a Story Of Love And Racism) / My Baby Mama By Victoria Ezekiel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.