Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (689834 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 11:52am On Dec 04, 2017
TemitopeWalker:

after your study you will be given 18 months visa to look for jobs and if you are lucky to get one u will be issued a permanent resident.. so its always smart if you can learn the language during your study.. but the issue is that the language is expensive to learn in Germany the cheapest you can get is 200 monthly.. german language is way cheaper to learn in Nigeria so anyone that has the time please learn in Goethe Nigeria before coming even if its A2...

Getting job is a good path to that destination, but it is not automatic. There are other things involved including number of years spent in Germany. Moreover , the job must directly related to your program. Shalom

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 12:14pm On Dec 04, 2017
honourableseyi:

You are right, some schools do give deadline for admission acceptance or you forfeit the admission. It depends on the school but the embassy will only work with the admission letter you had your interview with. You can get your visa with school A and resume to school B. You just need the right way to get it done. Note: You can't enroll in two universities at the same time in Germany(this is applicable to schools with online enrollment). Make sure you come back here for more guidance after everything is set. But for now, just continue with your processing, you have nothing to worry about. Shalom

honourableseyi God bless you for this analysis. I will surely come back here .

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by connweke: 12:31pm On Dec 04, 2017
Please house i need your replies
1) i have admission for uni hildesheim at the moment, if am able to get visa with it, can i change my choice as am still expecting acceptance from other preferred schools? i mean is that a problem, cos i need to book appointment immediately to avoid stories.
but my choice uni will give me a feedback by maybe February.
)2) Can i book visa appointment in Abuja?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Sanctus1(m): 12:55pm On Dec 04, 2017
interviewed in lagos today ..was delayed by the American Chinese woman..
transcript loading soon

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 1:02pm On Dec 04, 2017
Book appointment with the admission you have. You can change to your preferred school later.

Visa appointments are at Lagos Consulate.
connweke:
1) i have admission for uni hildesheim at the moment, if am able to get visa with it, can i change my choice as am still expecting acceptance from other preferred schools? i mean is that a problem, cos i need to book appointment immediately to avoid stories.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 1:02pm On Dec 04, 2017
Wrong thread. grin
Sanctus1:
transcript loading soon
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ibnkokumo(m): 1:07pm On Dec 04, 2017
Wowuu, Babanla, we're waiting...
Sanctus1:
transcript loading soon
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 1:27pm On Dec 04, 2017
connweke:

That is the same question I just asked and have been answered by Honourableseyi, Ayomeah and Trojrobert. You can read back a little.

Please proceed to book your appointment with the admission letter you have now , prepare for your interview with this school as if this is the real school you will attend. You can get your visa with school A and resume to school B ,but you need the right way to get it done.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by futurewise11(m): 1:41pm On Dec 04, 2017
For uni assist payment you can send me message on my watsap number.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2017
honourableseyi:

Getting job is a good path to that destination, but it is not automatic. There are other things involved including number of years spent in Germany. Moreover , the job must directly related to your program. Shalom
but like how long do you need to stay before you get permanent resident or german passport

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by connweke: 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2017
Can i book my appointment in Abuja?
BabaEuro:

That is the same question I just asked and have been answered by Honourableseyi, Ayomeah and Trojrobert. You can read back a little.

Please proceed to book your appointment with the admission letter you have now , prepare for your interview with this school as if this is the real school you will attend. You can get your visa with school A and resume to school B ,but you need the right way to get it done.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 2:15pm On Dec 04, 2017
[quote author=connweke post=62971362]Can i book my appointment in Abuja?[/quo

Student visa can only be booked in Lagos. You can read session 5 of German visa application procedure. http://www.nigeria.diplo.de/Vertretung/nigeria/en/02_20Service/01_20Visa/How_20to_20apply.html

The visa section in Abuja can only process applications for Schengen visas (C-Visas, short term).

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Hafeez89: 2:25pm On Dec 04, 2017
dailydolar:
but like how long do you need to stay before you get permanent resident or german passport
https://www.expatica.com/de/visas-and-permits/A-guide-to-German-citizenship-and-permanent-visas_108795.html
Read that link to have an idea...cheers..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by TemitopeWalker: 2:45pm On Dec 04, 2017
honourableseyi:

the job does not need to be directly involved with your study one thing people don't know about Germany is that they don't have a structured law and regulations. so it always depends on the person taking your file and again it depends on the city. like berlin for example dont stress students on visa and resident permit like fund requirement for extension goes as low as 600-1500 in your bank account but some cities will tell you to block 8k euro again...

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 04, 2017
TemitopeWalker:

the job does not need to be directly involved with your study one thing people don't know about Germany is that they don't have a structured law and regulations. so it always depends on the person taking your file and again it depends on the city. like berlin for example dont stress students on visa and resident permit like fund requirement for extension goes as low as 600-1500 in your bank account but some cities will tell you to block 8k euro again...

You are so right about the bolded. Some of them can be really strict
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lalaski001: 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2017
Lalaski001:
Please can anyone explain which is cheaper, easier and more straightforward to open between FINITIBA and DEUTSCHE BANK.

And which will you advise me to use.

Thanks.

Please can someone say something about this??

Please Can someone who has gone through this process before or someone who has information on this kindly respond to this.

Our Ogas and Madams should please explain.

Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2017
Lalaski001:

Please Can someone who has gone through this process before or someone who has information on this kindly respond to this.

Our Ogas and Madams should please explain.

Thanks.

Fintiba is more easier, cheaper and straightforward. Reason being that you can do it online at the comfort of your house and it takes just 48hours to get your bank account opened. Just go to the site to start the process : https://www.fintiba.com/,upload a copy of your passport , your selfie,your admission letter and some few other things.. But for Deutsche bank ,you have to book appointment with Lagos embassy with a copy of your admission letter and the form must be properly filled and signed in the presence of consulate or so, it takes between 2-4 weeks to get your account opened.Any slight error can also cause further delay. This era of visa being booked out,I will advise you to go with Fintiba.

The only advantage I see with Deutsche relative to Fintiba is it is more popular and found everywhere in Germany than Fintiba.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ibnkokumo(m): 4:36pm On Dec 04, 2017
I do not understand what is going on, new dates are available again in December and January

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 4:50pm On Dec 04, 2017
ibnkokumo:
I do not understand what is going on, new dates are available again in December and January

That's good! Meaning there is hope for more visa appointment space.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ayomeah(f): 4:51pm On Dec 04, 2017
ibnkokumo:

Panic booking. Due to what happened winter, many people booked as soon as the dates were released. Most people book their appointments without the required documents even admission letter. People are cancelling their appointments when they realize they cant meet up. When they do, the system resets and puts the slots back so others can book.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by trojrobert: 4:53pm On Dec 04, 2017
ibnkokumo:

Seriously and I would have preferred December but I booked for January already

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ibnkokumo(m): 5:11pm On Dec 04, 2017
I might cancel and book January
ayomeah:

Panic booking. Due to what happened winter, many people booked as soon as the dates were released. Most people book their appointments without the required documents even admission letter. People are cancelling their appointments when they realize they cant meet up. When they do, the system resets and puts the slots back so others can book.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ibnkokumo(m): 5:29pm On Dec 04, 2017
Cancel and re-book
trojrobert:

Seriously and I would have preferred December but I booked for January already
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by oladejitaiwo(m): 6:00pm On Dec 04, 2017
As 3 sets OF documents for University applications certifcation at German embassy is free, what OF if i want to certify only one set OF document for one University application will it be free too?

Please, i need your response.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Ezyp(m): 7:04pm On Dec 04, 2017
oladejitaiwo:
As 3 sets OF documents for University applications certifcation at German embassy is free, what OF if i want to certify only one set OF document for one University application will it be free too?

Yes....but remember to arrange your documents accordingly as stated on their website

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 7:32pm On Dec 04, 2017
oladejitaiwo:

why not just do the 3 and keep it since u are not paying for it for me i dont see any reason for this question

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 7:51pm On Dec 04, 2017
TemitopeWalker:

Make sure you confirm a critical issue like this very well so as not to give people unnecessary hope. The general law is, your course must directly be related to the job and earning a certain amount of money per month (The figure can actually depend on who is implementing it and also your course). I have seen many cases which I couldn't be saying here. There is an article and section that takes care of this under German law. We have people that completed Msc and still go for another Msc just to maintain status. Even if it is going to happen, it will be in few and special cases and not the norm like renewing residence permit for studies. If you really think you can get permanent resident from any work that is not related to your course of studies after 18months post studies visa or it is the general norm in Germany , then good luck. Shalom

Graduates’ right to remain
"After successful completion of the studies at a German
higher education institution, all foreign students are
permitted to remain in the Federal territory for up to
18 months as a matter of principle. The application
for extended residence after completion of studies at
a higher education institution must be filed immediately
after the completion of the studies. This extension
of the residence permit, which is regulated in
section 16 subs. 4 of the Residence Act, is to encourage
foreign students to seek a job commensurate with the
qualification which they gained at the German higher
education institution after graduation. In accordance
with the provisions contained in sections 18, 19, 19a,
20 and 21 of the Residence Act, the graduate changes
from graduate status in accordance with section 16
subs. 4 of the Residence Act to the respective permit.
A direct change from student status (section 16 subs. 1
of the Residence Act) to another permit is also possible
if self-employment or an employment contract exists
already at the time of graduation. A direct transition
to an unrestricted residence permit in the shape of a
16 The purpose of the residence is decisive, i.e. whether
focussing mainly on studies or mainly on work.
26 International students in the German education system
settlement permit in accordance with section 9 of the
Residence Act is not possible; however, with the legal
amendment of the Residence Act as per 1 August 2012,
a possibility has been created in accordance with section
18b of the Residence Act for graduates of German
higher education institutions to obtain a settlement
permit under certain conditions after working for two
years (see section 2.2.2).
With the amendment to the Employment Ordinance
from 1 January 2009 (Federal Law Gazette (Bundesgesetzblatt)
Part I No. 64, p. 2972), no priority examination
is conducted as a rule when appointing foreign graduates
if the job that has been found is commensurate
with the qualification obtained at the German higher
education institution (see section 27 sentence 1 No. 3
and sentence 2 of the Employment Ordinance). Since 1
August 2012 on the requirement to obtain the approval
of the Federal Employment Agency has been waived.
Job-seeking residence cannot be extended as a matter
of principle. If the university graduate does not look
for a job, or if they do not manage to find one, they
must leave the country. Further residence is possible,
either through transition to a residence permit that is
tied to gainful employment in accordance with sections
18, 19, 19a, 20 or 21 of the Residence Act, or in
the case of spousal reunification in accordance with
section 28 subs. 1 of the Residence Act (spouse of a
German) or section 30 of the Residence Act (spouse of
a foreigner) or in accordance with section 28 subs. 1
sentence 1 No. 3 of the Residence Act (reunification as
a parent to a German child) (see section 2.2.6)"

6 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by taiwo92(m): 7:58pm On Dec 04, 2017
pls is there anybody sending docs to Germany this week. make we share cost abeg. Numberg precisely

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ayomeah(f): 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2017
dailydolar:
why not just do the 3 and keep it since u are not paying for it for me i dont see any reason for this question

He cant. He has to present the application form of the school he's sending it to, which will be stapled along his other doc photocopies.

Also, the certification is dont in such a way that the name of the school you're sending it to is written by the certification officer and stamped. You cant manipulate it. Any manipulation will lead to it being rejected by your prospective school.

And he can go back to certify the remaining two when the need arises. It will still be done free of charge

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 8:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
dailydolar:

Permanent residence will come before German passport. Getting German passport is another journey on its own if you are not going in the way of marrying a German. The below post might help. NOTE: After the 18months, some cities will give like 2 or 3 extra months for some time if you can not secure the required job before the final decision. Shalom

"Residence permit for taking up employment: As soon as you have a job offer which corresponds to your qualifications, you can choose whether you want to apply for a German Residence permit or an EU Blue Card for the next part of your stay. Various conditions are attached to both these residence permits. Depending on what you are planning to do in the future, either the German Residence permit or the EU Blue Card can be advantageous for you. If you intend subsequently to live and work in another EU state, the EU Blue Card may be more advantageous for you than the German Residence permit. As the choice of Residence permit largely depends on your personal situation, get the advice of your local foreign nationals' registration office when you apply.

Even if you just get a job offer for a part-time employment , a Residence permit can be granted to you. It is important that the expected salary secures all means of subsistence. The decision depends entirely on the local immigration authority.

We recommend that you ask the foreign residents’ registration office which documents you need to bring with you before submitting your application. Some local offices provide information about this on the Internet too.

The German Residence permit or EU Blue Card allowing you to take up employment is issued for a limited period first of all. If you continue to be employed and wish to have your permit extended, you will be able to do this without any problem. As early as two years after receiving your German or EU Blue Card Residence permit, you can apply for a permanent Residence permit – that is, a Residence permit without a time limit. Again, the condition is that you still have employment in Germany. Are you planning to stay abroad for a lengthy period? If you have an EU Blue Card, you can usually stay abroad for up to twelve months without your Blue Card’s becoming invalid. If you have a German Residence permit, you can usually stay abroad for up to six months without your permit’s becoming invalid."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2017
taiwo92:
pls is there anybody sending docs to Germany this week. make we share cost abeg. Numberg precisely
do you mean FAU? There application is starting on 11th so am waiting for them too want to send to them from 13th

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.