Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,798,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (689606 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Immafrank: 4:17am On Dec 15, 2017
Jigba:

I don't agree that Eastern German isn't as bad as they seem, that place is not good for foreigners. I've lived in Germany for two years enough to know that

But there are Blacks who aren't Muslim but have experienced racism all their lives

Blacks who speak perfect German and have lived here all their lives still experience racism, even after integrating well and knowing the German culture

Although, it's not something you would see everyday but racism is well and alive here. It shouldn't deter anyone from coming though.

Goodluck

I think she's kinda right about eastern Germany. This was a mail sent to me by my former boss who is a German while seeking for schools.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 4:40am On Dec 15, 2017
Immafrank:

I think she's kinda right about eastern Germany. This was a mail sent to me by my former boss who is a German while seeking for schools.

You see where he said especially people with 'black skin'

A Muslim without dark skin wouldn't necessarily have a problem living there. They just have a problem with black people

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 10:50am On Dec 15, 2017
Jigba:

You see where he said especially people with 'black skin'

A Muslim without dark skin wouldn't necessarily have a problem living there. They just have a problem with black people

Yes. Because they see nearly all black people as refugees. As a matter of fact, the majority of Germans don't know that most students have to block €8000 before you can be given a visa to study in Germany. They are always in awe when they hear this. But the racism situation is better now, it was worse than this some years back. Shalom
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 10:55am On Dec 15, 2017
Omosikiru1992:
Good evening house what is d validity of International passport suppose to be b4 applying for students visa..... My international passport would expired by feb 2019, which i would be tru with my program by April 2020, Although have already gotten admitted in one of the schools in Berlin but due to some reasons d admission is still onhold, but am looking towards acceptance hopefully b4 dis week runs out or next week into university of freiburg dis summer class

That is not a problem. You are good to go with the available validity. It can be renewed in Berlin afterwards. The beauty of it is, you get it the same day provided the lack of paper issue does not arise by then. Read my post on passport renewal in Berlin in some pages back on this thread. Shalom
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 10:58am On Dec 15, 2017
Perky89:

I have exactl same issue cheesy, Please guys who knows what should be done? I intend extending mine before traveling to be on a safe / less expensive side, and I know it would cost more to extend over there.

Depending on the number of months you have left. You can renew it in Nigeria or in Berlin when you enter Germany. However, you need to know that, during the residence permit application, if your foreigner's office is giving 2yrs, and your passport validity is a year or less, you will only get a year or less. They can't give you more than the validity of your passport. Shalom

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 11:06am On Dec 15, 2017
donkafor:
To be eligible for the Master's Programme at most universities, CGPA value has to be 2,50 or better (better means smaller).

Advice: Apply for another BSc. You might also try non-competitive universities for MSc. Package your application very well.

2.50 is just a benchmark. Getting admission into an MSc program with less grade is possible depending on the program and the school. In fact, I have seen someone with 3.0 that got more than one Msc admission. All he has to do is to package the application very well, with a nice motivation letter and of course, work experience if it is available. Moreover, targeting Msc courses that are not restricted and are related to his Bsc is the best way to go, while applying to restricted ones as plan B and Bsc as plan C. Shalom
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 15, 2017
honourableseyi:

Yes. Because they see nearly all black people as refugees. As a matter of fact, the majority of Germans don't know that most students have to block €8000 before you can be given a visa to study in Germany. They are always in awe when they hear this. But the racism situation is better now, it was worse than this some years back. Shalom

Exactly. They always ask me how I came to Germany sad

But like you said, hopefully things will change in the future
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 11:15am On Dec 15, 2017
Olanrewaju92:

Doesn't really matter. Once u re here I'm sure u gonna meet people around. They would b d ones to tell u how things are. I can't speak Deutsch but at least I got a job in the timeframe of a month or thereabouts.

Goodluck

Yes for sure, without the language, you can still hustle. However, the longtime goal for those that want to stay back should also be taken into consideration. Having the knowledge of the language is a big plus. Though some people are not in the environment where they can learn the language, thus making it cumbersome. Don't worry if you are in this category, you will get along. But for those that have the opportunity; please, try and learn it. The truth of the matter is; in Germany, there are jobs and there are jobs. People in Germany will understand better. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 11:16am On Dec 15, 2017
Blackanada:

Why not go for MSc?

Since you mentioned Java, Oracle, etc. I'm guessing you're going for either computer, electrical or electronics related engineering. In that case have you seen any school offering this in English? I strongly doubt.

There are schools for both Bsc and Msc level. Shalom
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 11:25am On Dec 15, 2017
johndoefoo:

I studied Mathematics in university here(There is high probability I won't get admitted for an Engineering course with that)

They offer Information Engineering in English. The only course offered in English. The school even requires TOEFL for the course. University of Hamburg

It is not the University of Hamburg, but Hamburg University of Applied Sciences. They are two different schools. Since you have completed a Bachelor degree in Nigeria, write a letter to the coordinator asking for a waiver of TOEFL or IELTS and get a letter from your school that your Bsc is fully taught in English. But if you are applying to Rhine-wal(the same course), IELTS or TOEFL is compulsory provided you are looking at the way of Bsc. Shalom

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 11:28am On Dec 15, 2017
Adetunjionafuwa:

You're expected to get insurance in Germany not here in Nigeria. I think AIICO doesn't work

Another question is, how did he get the AIICO? Directly from their office, online, agent or ? AIICO is a registered insurance company, and it is acceptable by the Embassy. Shalom
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 11:30am On Dec 15, 2017
Adetunjionafuwa:
Hi guys, I want to buy euros €€€ in case you are interested kindly PM me +2348169389281. Kindly make it affordable.

Be careful so as not to enter one chance. This is a public forum. Shalom
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by petlaz: 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2017
Good day bosses.

I am applying to two universities for masters program.

They told me to send the hard copy of certified copy of my transcript and degree certificate to uni-assist.

I would like to know if I can send my student certified copy that is addressed to my work of place.

Thank you for your responses here.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Billyjim: 6:12pm On Dec 15, 2017
honourableseyi:

Yes for sure, without the language, you can still hustle. However, the longtime goal for those that want to stay back should also be taken into consideration. Having the knowledge of the language is a big plus. Though some people are not in the environment where they can learn the language, thus making it cumbersome. Don't worry if you are in this category, you will get along. But for those that have the opportunity; please, try and learn it. The truth of the matter is; in Germany, there are jobs and there are jobs. People in Germany will understand better. Shalom
hello boss can you elaborate what you meant by there are jobs and jobs in germany.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by trojrobert: 6:44pm On Dec 15, 2017
[quote author=bulalakoboko post=63288381][/quote]

Chai but why
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by trojrobert: 7:04pm On Dec 15, 2017
Jigba:

I don't agree that Eastern German isn't as bad as they seem, that place is not good for foreigners. I've lived in Germany for two years enough to know that

But there are Blacks who aren't Muslim but have experienced racism all their lives

Blacks who speak perfect German and have lived here all their lives still experience racism, even after integrating well and knowing the German culture

Although, it's not something you would see everyday but racism is well and alive here. It shouldn't deter anyone from coming though.

Goodluck

These are the cities in east Germany
Berlin.
Dresden.
Halle.
Leipzig.
Magdeburg.
Potsdam.

So are you saying we should not apply to this cities
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 15, 2017
trojrobert:

These are the cities in east Germany
Berlin.
Dresden.
Halle.
Leipzig.
Magdeburg.
Potsdam.

So are you saying we should not apply to this cities
No, I'm just pointing out that they are more racist than other Germans. I mean eastern Germans

It's just like, you should know before applying
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Abimbola2018: 7:35pm On Dec 15, 2017
Goodday hoise. This is my first post here, i have a cgpa of 5.9 out of 7.0 pls wat is d equivalent in german
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Abimbola2018: 7:36pm On Dec 15, 2017
Goodday House. This is my first post here, i have a cgpa of 5.9 out of 7.0 pls wat is d equivalent in german
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Abimbola2018: 7:38pm On Dec 15, 2017
Also which is the cheapest and most reliable courier to send my documents. I am applying for the summer semester in 2018
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Gcapable(m): 7:39pm On Dec 15, 2017
honourableseyi:

Depending on the number of months you have left. You can renew it in Nigeria or in Berlin when you enter Germany. However, you need to know that, during the residence permit application, if your foreigner's office is giving 2yrs, and your passport validity is a year or less, you will only get a year or less. They can't give you more than the validity of your passport. Shalom
Most of these rules and laws you state are written rules and laws everywhere in Germany but in practice, what obtains in Berlin is different. Berlin will give you permit that is more than the validity of your passport. When you even try to point it out, you will be told to come back with the new passport when you have it and they will transfer your permit to it. This is not just from personal experience but from experiences of others in Berlin too.

I dont know which state in Germany you live in but a lot of impossibles in other states are to a very reasonable extent possible in Berlin. Probably because of the high population here.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Abimbola2018: 7:52pm On Dec 15, 2017
Abimbola2018:
Goodday House. This is my first post here, i have a cgpa of 5.9 out of 7.0 pls wat is d equivalent in german

Pls reply
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by trojrobert: 7:57pm On Dec 15, 2017
Jigba:

No, I'm just pointing out that they are more racist than other Germans. I mean eastern Germans

It's just like, you should know before applying

I understand I just to be sure , how is the discrimination in hildesheim and gottingen
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2017
trojrobert:

I understand I just to be sure , how is the discrimination in hildesheim and gottingen

I don't know about those cities. You should just apply
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by johndoefoo: 8:03pm On Dec 15, 2017
honourableseyi:

It is not the University of Hamburg, but Hamburg University of Applied Sciences. They are two different schools. Since you have completed a Bachelor degree in Nigeria, write a letter to the coordinator asking for a waiver of TOEFL or IELTS and get a letter from your school that your Bsc is fully taught in English. But if you are applying to Rhine-wal(the same course), IELTS or TOEFL is compulsory provided you are looking at the way of Bsc. Shalom

Thanks for the info.

Generally, I have to apply through uni-assist to both schools. Do you know how uni-assist works?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lammydamsel: 8:25pm On Dec 15, 2017
dayjeee:
ok, thank you, but am uploading online, not mailing it to the school

Is your school requiring that you upload certified copies? Because the essence of certification is to make authentic the photocopies. In that regard, the certified photocopies and the original certificates are the same. If they did not mention that you upload *CERTIFIED* copies, please upload your original certificates but if they specified, make copies of your original certificates and certify the photocopies.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 8:30pm On Dec 15, 2017
johndoefoo:

Thanks for the info.

Generally, I have to apply through uni-assist to both schools. Do you know how uni-assist works?
Bros,it will do you good to put in a little effort to google Uni-assist website to know how they work. All questions and answers can be found in their "frequently ask questions " u will know more by researching Uni-assist yourself.You can also try to read from part 3 of this forum to enable you find answers to most of the prevailing questions covering applications to schools directly or through uni-assist, admissions, block account, and visa issues ,and visa likely questions and answers. Just an advice sha!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by CassieV(f): 8:37pm On Dec 15, 2017
Abimbola2018:
It's 1.55 assuming that the lowest pass grade for your school is 1.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Immafrank: 8:39pm On Dec 15, 2017
Abimbola2018:
Also which is the cheapest and most reliable courier to send my documents. I am applying for the summer semester in 2018

13k DHL student express
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Immafrank: 8:43pm On Dec 15, 2017
Abimbola2018:

what's the minimum passing grade in your school? like in my school the max is 5 and minimum passing grade is 1

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.