Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (691412 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by mykohayz(m): 9:52am On Sep 11, 2017
[quote author=Touchflex post=60333860]Shoot them...anyone wey reach my side I go slap

Meanwhile spending small time to read from part 3 since Jan 1 won't hurt at all rather you'll be glad you took that challenge!

BlessUp

Lol.....okay, thanks broa...I've gone through several pages from different chapters on this thread, so I have already a handful of infos, but my questions is/are rather a subjective and technical ones that needs a better clarity.

Okay, just a moment.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by MrEbony(m): 10:36am On Sep 11, 2017
Is there anyone coming to Tübingen this Winter?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by mykohayz(m): 11:09am On Sep 11, 2017
Hello Good People.

I need a well-grounded international student, particularly, a well experienced German resident who knows about the nature of the country's economical space candid advise, to kindly let me out of my confused state and shed light on some confronting issues that seems gloomy to me so I can set my priority right just to aid my decision making process. Here goes,

I'm a single guy of 32yrs old, a graduate of Unilag since 2013, I'm currently out of job, but I feed from hand to mouth based on the skills I acquired which literarily is my basic means of survival since I opted out of my banking job in 2014. In the process, I lost my mum to a terminal disease during this period due to health issues late last year. I've been in business before but it collapsed due to change in government policies and I lost a whooping sum of over N2.1ml...now, a very rare fortune is about to smile at me yet again and I do not wish to experience another form of such dilemma never again as I fear the present day Nigerian society with so many economic and social vices bedevilling her at the moment, hence...i had to consider the probability of reinvesting amongst these woes and also looking back, I dont want to experience such a downfall again....it's been so tough all along(chai! man pikin don suffer).

I stumbled on this thread and the Canadian thread some months ago, but my spirit lies herein...coupled with the fact that the Canadian student visa issuance is a thug of war and the probability of getting one is going to be slim based on my own status, since then...I've been a silent observer and an ardent follower of this thread while I was trying to research on a legal escape route out of this country to go hustle elsewhere in a more saner clime to make me become a better version of myself before somebody runs psycho, having gone thru this thread, I must say that I'm "wowed and amazed" by what I've read so far, down to the success stories of quite a number of people that have made it through and I sincerely wish to become part of such a success too if all my fears and confusion could be properly addressed to a reasonable level of desirable content, so based on this I intend to further obtain a Master's degree in my field of study with serious determination in order to push my life forward from my present condition. Now to the issue;

1. My discipline bothers on management course "Business Administration" to be precise, considering the west is so inclined with science and technology, what relevance does my course of study possess in landing me a good and satisfying job o'er there after school.

2. I'm seriously bothered about my age, to even think of applying for winter next year or summer the following year due to financial constraints for now, but would be assuredly ready by late next year.
What do you think my fate would be after graduation in landing a good job and not just anyhow job bearing in mind I'd be 35-36yrs on completion ?

3. What career paths are available for a Master's degree holder in management course other than a science and techs graduates in that country, tho I have a skill as a professional painter(Interior and exterior buildings, Studio Sets etc).

4. In light of the above, if peradventure, there's a slim chance of making it through and landing a well paying job based on my status, what would you suggest I do to either improve myself or any thriving skills sellable over there that I can acquire before I move.

5. Lastly, which state would you suggest I settle in for affordability which would easily aid my progress while in school and after school.

Well for me, it's all about the job, living a comfortable life and helping my family back home, I'm sorry to have bored y'all with my long epistle, kindly take it laidat.

I look forward to diverse opinions and advice for better clarification.
Gurus in the house, kindly help do justice.

Neccki, Jigba, Honourableseyi, eke40seven, Mr big man.
Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by darlingtonNYIG(m): 11:23am On Sep 11, 2017
Please who is experiencing this?

I called up wakanow.com to book a one way flight ticket for the 17th of September and the agent insisted since it is was my first time of travelling and not being a resident there that I have to book a return ticket. I insisted that people who had gone before didn't do that so I why shouldn't I book a return ticket when I am going with a study Visa, with this the guy said I will sign a declaration form in case the airline refuse me that I shouldn't blame them. Note, I intend flying with Air-Moroc airways. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by uchevolata: 11:29am On Sep 11, 2017
He is correct.
By the way one way ticket is more expensive.

Call him back and tell him to book you in an open ticket. It will be left open for 1year.

Cheers.

darlingtonNYIG:

I called up wakanow.com to book a one way flight ticket for the 17th of September and the agent insisted since it is was my first time of travelling and not being a resident there that I have to book a return ticket. I insisted that people who had gone before didn't do that so I why shouldn't I book a return ticket when I am going with a study Visa, with this the guy said I will sign a declaration form in case the airline refuse me that I shouldn't blame them. Note, I intend flying with Air-Moroc airways. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by darlingtonNYIG(m): 12:18pm On Sep 11, 2017
uchevolata:
He is correct.

Call him back and tell him to book you in an open ticket. It will be left open for 1year.

Cheers.

the one way ticket is around 175k for Royal Air Maroc. How does an open ticket operate; guess I don't have to pay for it till when I intend using it?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by darlingtonNYIG(m): 12:26pm On Sep 11, 2017
uchevolata:
He is correct.

Cheers.

i just called him and he said shouldn't worry about that if I explain my visa status ans show my admission letter it shouldnt be an issue. But the to and fro ticket is around 340k. I no get that kind money
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by arieshybrid: 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2017
darlingtonNYIG:
i just called him and he said shouldn't worry about that if I explain my visa status ans show my admission letter it shouldnt be an issue. But the to and fro ticket is around 340k. I no get that kind money

One way ticket being expensive is flight and destination dependent, as for Germany, two-way is more expensive.
Your one way ticket should be fine, but ensure u have your admission letter handy, plus other important documents.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by asaju10(m): 12:41pm On Sep 11, 2017
Pls can an HND holder (upper credit) run a postgraduate program in Germany If no what undergraduate course would you recommend for someone who has basic knowledge of construction field here in Nigeria .Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Conqs4luv: 1:06pm On Sep 11, 2017
Hello all,

I got my Visa delivered today. Did my interview on 17th August (though on scholarship).

A big thank you to everybody on the thread that contributed and I pray other guys too get theirs soon.

#Cheers

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Johnnyessence(m): 1:09pm On Sep 11, 2017
asaju10:
Pls can an HND holder (upper credit) run a postgraduate program in Germany If no what undergraduate course would you recommend for someone who has basic knowledge of construction field here in Nigeria .Thanks
I doubt german schools admit HND certificate. Well try and read back some previous thread. You can check www.daad.de and check the course you want to study for masters. If the school you search for ask for HND certificate in their requirement, you can apply but I doubt it. Well honorableseyi and other experience people will answer you more.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Johnnyessence(m): 1:16pm On Sep 11, 2017
Conqs4luv:
Hello all,

I got my Visa delivered today. Did my interview on 17th August (though on scholarship).

A big thank you to everybody on the thread that contributed and I pray other guys too get theirs soon.

#Cheers
amen. A big congratulations to you. All the best. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 11, 2017
Conqs4luv:
Hello all,

#Cheers

Congratulations
Could you tell us more about the scholarship?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ninered: 1:18pm On Sep 11, 2017
darlingtonNYIG:

When I was talking about buying your ticket directly from airlines and forgetting about agents some pages back you guys won't listen. smh undecided
I bought a one way ticket
I just told customer service I have a student visa and won't be returning in a while unless they have a return ticket for 10yrs grin , the man laughed. He was like are you sure you have a student visa and I said yes he didn't even ask to see my passport or visa and he just gave me my flight ticket after doing the money transfer of course.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by chi555: 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2017
Hi everyone. Please I intend applying to uniassist this summer but im having issues with my transcript. I dont know if uniassist accepts student's copy of transcript with UNOFFICIAL written on it and also, for students that graduated from uniport please which organization or agency can I send my transcript in order to get an official copy of the transcript because I tried sending to some offices and it didn't go. Information reaching me is that I can only send to credible agencies. Please can anyone suggest which agency/organization/school I could readily post it to and collect it from there. PLEASE!!! WILL BE FOREVER GRATEFUL.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ninered: 2:03pm On Sep 11, 2017
mykohayz:
Hello Good People.

Well for me, it's all about the job, living a comfortable life and helping my family back home, I'm sorry to have bored y'all with my long epistle, kindly take it laidat.

This is just the main thing I got out of the epistle the rest with a few editing will do well in a motivational letter smiley
I'm not experienced in all these stuff myself but this is what I have to say...
When it comes to schooling age is not a problem to Germany, the reason Germany is known to produce the oldest graduates in the world.
We all want a better life but you have to make the effort of research yourself.
No one will tell you " Mr mykohayz go to Stuttgart and study or Munich is the happening place where students are paid 25euro per hour or if you study a bachelor in Gender & Diversity you'll start earning 150k euro/yr or Hamburg has jobs everywhere you go or money flows in Berlin" even if they know nobody will tell you even Dangote hasn't truly revealed how he became the richest Black man.
Being confused is a good thing, it shows you're smart & want progress...it's only a fool who will be in a bad situation and be comfortable about it. Just pray to God for a focus.
Everything is possible so long as you have the will power, courage and a good plan.

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Karch: 2:20pm On Sep 11, 2017
ninered:

This is just the main thing I got out of the epistle the rest with a few editing will do well in a motivational letter smiley
I'm not experienced in all these stuff myself but this is what I have to say...
When it comes to schooling age is not a problem to Germany, the reason Germany is known to produce the oldest graduates in the world.
We all want a better life but you have to make the effort of research yourself.
No one will tell you " Mr mykohayz go to Stuttgart and study or Munich is the happening place where students are paid 25euro per hour or if you study a bachelor in Gender & Diversity you'll start earning 150k euro/yr or Hamburg has jobs everywhere you go or money flows in Berlin" even if they know nobody will tell you even Dangote hasn't truly revealed how he became the richest Black man.
Being confused is a good thing, it shows you're smart & want progress...it's only a fool who will be in a bad situation and be comfortable about it. Just pray to God for a focus.
Everything is possible so long as you have the will power, courage and a good plan.
Word well said �

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by legacy30: 2:24pm On Sep 11, 2017
AM dropped this morning. Thanks family for all the useful tips you gave. I appreciate.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 11, 2017
legacy30:
AM dropped this morning. Thanks family for all the useful tips you gave. I appreciate.

Season of AM mails

Congrats!

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by asaju10(m): 2:39pm On Sep 11, 2017
Johnnyessence:
I doubt german schools admit HND certificate. Well try and read back some previous thread. You can check www.daad.de and check the course you want to study for masters. If the school you search for ask for HND certificate in their requirement, you can apply but I doubt it. Well honorableseyi and other experience people will answer you more.
Thanks for ur time, may God bless you greatly.I have made up my mind to start afresh can u pls recommend any good undergraduate course in engineering or technology that will allow me to work?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Instructor001(m): 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2017
ninered:

When I was talking about buying your ticket directly from airlines and forgetting about agents some pages back you guys won't listen. smh undecided
I bought a one way ticket
I just told customer service I have a student visa and won't be returning in a while unless they have a return ticket for 10yrs grin , the man laughed. He was like are you sure you have a student visa and I said yes he didn't even ask to see my passport or visa and he just gave me my flight ticket after doing the money transfer of course.
Cool

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Instructor001(m): 2:46pm On Sep 11, 2017
legacy30:

Congrats..............

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by glucklichewelt: 2:46pm On Sep 11, 2017
Conqs4luv:
Hello all,

#Cheers

Congrats

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by glucklichewelt: 2:46pm On Sep 11, 2017
legacy30:

Congrats

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by kingdaveid: 2:54pm On Sep 11, 2017
legacy30:

Please when did you do your interview?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nerressa: 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2017
darlingtonNYIG:

Its not true
With study visa, you can book one way.
Book directly from airmaroc
Go to their office if you can or use other sites
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by legacy30: 2:58pm On Sep 11, 2017
kingdaveid:

Please when did you do your interview?
I did my interview on 24th august and funded on 7th September
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nerressa: 3:02pm On Sep 11, 2017
legacy30:

Same day with me
Were you given that small slip to sign since you didn't fund before interview?
Also what state/city?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nerressa: 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2017
legacy30:

You funded just last week Thursday?
Wow
Your visa came fast o

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nerressa: 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2017
legacy30:

Sorry for the plenty questions lol
But when is your enrollment deadline?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by hrmdesk: 3:14pm On Sep 11, 2017
Hello House,

Please has anyone who did interview on 31st August got his/her AM mail or document returned?

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.