Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (690146 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by PlatinumPlato(m): 11:35pm On Sep 11, 2017
Congratulations. we haven't seen your transcript though. which city are you heading to?

Conqs4luv:
Hello all,

I got my Visa delivered today. Did my interview on 17th August (though on scholarship).

A big thank you to everybody on the thread that contributed and I pray other guys too get theirs soon.

#Cheers
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by PlatinumPlato(m): 11:39pm On Sep 11, 2017
Which airline are you using? I m also searching for a good deal? which airlines do you recommend.

ninered:

When I was talking about buying your ticket directly from airlines and forgetting about agents some pages back you guys won't listen. smh undecided
I bought a one way ticket
I just told customer service I have a student visa and won't be returning in a while unless they have a return ticket for 10yrs grin , the man laughed. He was like are you sure you have a student visa and I said yes he didn't even ask to see my passport or visa and he just gave me my flight ticket after doing the money transfer of course.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by PlatinumPlato(m): 11:42pm On Sep 11, 2017
Congratulations. Go to Deutschland and Succeed.

legacy30:
AM dropped this morning. Thanks family for all the useful tips you gave. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by PlatinumPlato(m): 11:47pm On Sep 11, 2017
Congratulations.

sheddyboyf:

Interview 31st August, got my AM on 08 sept
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by enocholumide: 11:54pm On Sep 11, 2017
mykohayz:
Hello Good People.

I need a well-grounded international student, particularly, a well experienced German resident who knows about the nature of the country's economical space candid advise, to kindly let me out of my confused state and shed light on some confronting issues that seems gloomy to me so I can set my priority right just to aid my decision making process. Here goes,

I'm a single guy of 32yrs old ..... Now to the issue;

1. My discipline bothers on management course "Business Administration" to be precise, considering the west is so inclined with science and technology, what relevance does my course of study possess in landing me a good and satisfying job o'er there after school.

2. I'm seriously bothered about my age, to even think of applying for winter next year or summer the following year due to financial constraints for now, but would be assuredly ready by late next year.
What do you think my fate would be after graduation in landing a good job and not just anyhow job bearing in mind I'd be 35-36yrs on completion ?

3. What career paths are available for a Master's degree holder in management course other than a science and techs graduates in that country, tho I have a skill as a professional painter(Interior and exterior buildings, Studio Sets etc).

4. In light of the above, if peradventure, there's a slim chance of making it through and landing a well paying job based on my status, what would you suggest I do to either improve myself or any thriving skills sellable over there that I can acquire before I move.

5. Lastly, which state would you suggest I settle in for affordability which would easily aid my progress while in school and after school.

Well for me, it's all about the job, living a comfortable life and helping my family back home, I'm sorry to have bored y'all with my long epistle, kindly take it laidat.

I look forward to diverse opinions and advice for better clarification.
Gurus in the house, kindly help do justice.

Neccki, Jigba, Honourableseyi, eke40seven, Mr big man.
Thanks.

Wow.. reading your story got me seriously emotional. It is a tough world, isn't it?

So, I will be blunt here, because considering your experience and age, you don't really have a lot of time for experiments. Please if you are below 25, just skip over this message and pretend you didn't see anything.

Mister, you don't have a lot of time playing around and experimenting things, doing tough Msc in Germany and still looking for work here and there after studies.

Travelling abroad and 'making it' is a betting game, you either make it or not. Or, you get a job that will change your destiny and direction in the popular name of 'hustle'. Consider a petroleum engineering graduate traveling 'abroad' for Msc, got bad grades and couldn't get a good job and instead decided to do the 'hustle' and do menial jobs, for how many years? A lot of his mates back home would be far better than him.

But, if you insist you are going to test the waters, I will have some few words for you. First of all, try southern Germany, that's where most of the industries are located and plenty jobs can be found.

Yes, Science and Tech. is damn important, I mean this is not a third world country. As someone suggested, you can try Business Informatics and any other stuff that deals with coding and makes you look like a geek/ nerd. But if that is almost impossible for you, try and look at the area of 'machine learning'. I am a java developer and I know that I might be almost useless in a coming couple of decades, a lot of my job would be done by 'expert' well-trained machines. One other line is the area of software testing and renewable energies.

Also, there are vocational training (after your MSc) that you might take advantage of, I heard that the German government can support you, and then you keep paying your debt back after you finish and got a job. As long as you contribute to the country's GDP (and you pay your taxes), you are welcomed infinitely!

Well, there could be more paths though, but do you really have a lot of time playing around and gambling?

I truly wish you all the best, please don't forget that: it is also allowed to risk been seen in all of your glory!

8 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by SeriaBravo: 11:55pm On Sep 11, 2017
Jigba:

Thanks smiley

@Jibga, I PM'ed you.Please kindly reply.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by DisturbingEU(m): 1:05am On Sep 12, 2017
Blazykid02:

really? they just told me to submit my passport and no mention of insurance same thing the other guy said (Disturbing EU). The waiting period can give someone heart attack lol . pls @jigba I sent you a pm

I tell you the waiting period is killing lol but patience is just the main thing
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Sessegyon: 1:19am On Sep 12, 2017
Thanks alot bro
PlatinumPlato:
I went to their office in Port Harcourt along Mummy B road from either GRA Junction or Stadium road. Just 20 minutes, they ll issue it to you. Find their office close to you because online service is more expensive.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Dankeschon: 6:10am On Sep 12, 2017
Good morning good people,

pls I need some advice from some of you with prior knowledge.

Pls which option is better or more advisable; I want to fund my Fintiba blocked account, should I buy Euro at black market and fund my Euro account then transfer directly from there, or should I raise a "Form A" from my bank (I bank with GTB btw).

Thanks a lot; in anticipation
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by kingdaveid: 6:54am On Sep 12, 2017
legacy30:

I did my interview on 24th august and funded on 7th September
Ooay, congratulations dear
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by kingdaveid: 7:00am On Sep 12, 2017
I have noticed there is no specific waiting period, because some am mails drop earlier than others. Nah for person to just pray and get patience because its a gradual process. To those who have gotten, congratulations and may God continue to strengthen your process of leaving and to those still waiting, may God continue to give us the strength and patience to wait till they answer us... Amen. One love

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Touchflex(m): 7:51am On Sep 12, 2017
Hello, is there any concern for not having first school leaving certificate? If one has the first school leaving certificate testimonial but with a change in first name while the surname and middle are still same, can this suffice?

Also can I get prepaid courier mail around 6:30am of the interview day?

Will the passport guys be around that time too?
Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by legacy30: 7:53am On Sep 12, 2017
Hello house
Aside from my passport and the travel health insurance is there anyother thing am expected to submit along to the embassy?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Tinder: 8:02am On Sep 12, 2017
kingdaveid:
I have noticed there is no specific waiting period, because some am mails drop earlier than others. Nah for person to just pray and get patience because its a gradual process. To those who have gotten, congratulations and may God continue to strengthen your process of leaving and to those still waiting, may God continue to give us the strength and patience to wait till they answer us... Amen. One love

I tell you, the wait for AM mail isn't easy at all. Steady checking my email, mine is just 13 days sha but seeing people getting their AM mail lesser than my date is alarming. cheesy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Karch: 8:18am On Sep 12, 2017
Tinder:

I tell you, the wait for AM mail isn't easy at all. Steady checking my email, mine is just 13 days sha but seeing people getting their AM mail lesser than my date is alarming. cheesy
Bros.. patience is key. Some people had their interview August 10th and are yet to receive AM mails even after having funded before interview date.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Ericsunday619: 8:40am On Sep 12, 2017
please i need assistance, i scored 6.5 in Ielts minimum band of 6.0 and 7.0 in speaking. 6B, 2A1 and 1C in my Waec. please is there any university i can gain admission with this profile for bachelor's degree in any science related course. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by elvis190: 10:05am On Sep 12, 2017
Conqs4luv:

Yeah, it's Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, with different programs. You you can check it up on Google for more information..application is towards ending of the year. Bless up!

Bro pls which course did u use the Erasmus mundus scholarship to get pls...coz I tried last year at Göttingen university( European masters in Euroculture) but they said it wasn't available... thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by kingdaveid: 11:00am On Sep 12, 2017
Just got my AM mail today, thank God.
The wait was stressful but worth it, and God will make it all happen for everyone. AMEN
Please which insurance companies will you advice someone to use?

9 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ninered: 11:01am On Sep 12, 2017
PlatinumPlato:
Which airline are you using? I m also searching for a good deal? which airlines do you recommend.

Its your choice I'm not an agent but here are some airlines to choose from...
Top leagues are Lufthansa, KLM, Air France, British airways etc (this one nah your money kill am)
Average league: Emirates, Turkish airlines etc
Low league: Air maroc, Kenya airways, 9ja airlines etc
The trick is European airlines cost high, middle-east airlines average and African airlines cheapest.
I chose Turkish airlines...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by DisturbingEU(m): 11:15am On Sep 12, 2017
kingdaveid:
The wait was stressful but worth it, and God will make it all happen for everyone. AMEN

Congratulation!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lalaski001: 11:24am On Sep 12, 2017
If you go for your interview before funding, will they give you a deadline to fund, or can you fund at your own convenience?

If you are giving a deadline to fund, what happens if you don't meet it?.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Johnnyessence(m): 11:54am On Sep 12, 2017
kingdaveid:
waooo congratulations. More blessings for you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 12, 2017
kingdaveid:
Karch:
am mail has finally arrived o.
I really thank God.. Last year, I got two refusals after a long wait from two embassies but today I have finally been accepted by Germany... I couldn't express myself and I began to cry when I saw the mail because I know it's nothing but just God's grace.

I wish everyone out there success ahead!!
AMEN

Congratulations to you two! smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Karch: 12:19pm On Sep 12, 2017
I really thank God.. Last year, I got two refusals after a long wait from two embassies but today I have finally been accepted by Germany... I couldn't express myself and I began to cry when I saw the mail because I know it's nothing but just God's grace.

AMEN

10 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Touchflex(m): 12:39pm On Sep 12, 2017
Pls September people, how much una pay for interview fee...I've seen 26500 here based on someone's calculations, is that accurate?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 12:40pm On Sep 12, 2017
Karch:

AMEN

Congrats dear.
Dry your eye because it's just the beginning. Many more to come.

5 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Karch: 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2017
neccki:

Congrats dear. Dry your eye because it's just the beginning. Many more to come.
Thanks alot.. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Karch: 12:47pm On Sep 12, 2017
Jigba:

Congratulations to you two! smiley
Thanks alot
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by DisturbingEU(m): 12:50pm On Sep 12, 2017
Karch:

AMEN

Congratulation bruh! cool
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Etido1864: 12:58pm On Sep 12, 2017
Touchflex:
Pls September people, how much una pay for interview fee...I've seen 26500 here based on someone's calculations, is that accurate?
I did my interview on the 8 September, they security guard still said 60euros.
vo didn't collect money from me she said daad scholars don't pay visa fee so I was surprise.( I got a daad scholarship for my PhD)

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Karch: 1:13pm On Sep 12, 2017
DisturbingEU:

Congratulation bruh! cool
Thanks alot man

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Tinder: 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2017
Karch:

Bros.. patience is key. Some people had their interview August 10th and are yet to receive AM mails even after having funded before interview date.

Yes am patient and i believe God will favor me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.