Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 - Business (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 (116011 Views)

Business Competition / YouWiN Beneficiaries Protest Unpaid Grants @Finance Ministry (Pics) / Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by jayned: 7:03pm On Mar 18, 2018
Godson00001:

I really didnt no u r a woman. Even wen quotin u all d while i was tinkin u r a man. Anyways pls dont get vexed by wat som said abt ur comments. Just no dat som of us stil appreciate u for makin d thread lifely n d way u kept updatin us. Thanx n hav a wonderful day

I feel ENOCHEUNICE is a man. And yes he keeps the thread lively. In my opinion, he has done more good than harm on this thread.

He is always ready to respond to comments and give advice as well. For these reasons, I regard his shortcomings as trivial.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 7:23pm On Mar 18, 2018
You can all say whatever u like.It doesn't reduce my standards as u can know.You guys derive pleasure from blabbering.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ol2012: 8:33pm On Mar 18, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:
@ol2012 If u actually needed my apology,u would v shown a good sense of humour by asking for that instead of calling me names.Don't u think u v gone too far by mentioning my father in the public?Anyway, i v sent u a PM and will be xpecting ur coahing skills.The good general public who have felt insulted apart from d proud,pls forgive me cos u never can tell where we meet 2mrw.Thanks

Dear Madam ENOCHEUNICE,

Kindly note that I mentioned your father's house and not your father pls. However I apologise for some of my choice of words all the same. I trust you get the point I was driving at in any case. I do not need your apology mind you, and my comments are not about showing any sense of homour. I'll check up and respond to your PM as soon as I can as I have been busy all day.

Do have an exciting week ahead madam
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by tobaoye: 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2018
Oga ENOCHEUNICE
I could not enoub ut shake my head going through a number of your posts on this thread, considering the manner in which you keep displaying your ignorance. I can confirm you lack a basic understanding of the different funding types available to businesses, as your comments clearly shows you take the word "funding" to mean grants. See, business funding could come as either a grant, loan or equity.
Having said that, going by your quoted comment above in which you refer to me as "Mr Know All" . I keep wondering who the Mr know all is between you and me(your guess is as good as mine) I already forsaw what is currently going on, when I posted the comment with the link, where it was clearly stated that that this current youwin connect program's funding model is equity(co investment model) and not grant as you and some other people were already hoping for.
I had earlier posted a comment where I stated the Hon Finance Minister reaffirmed the fact that youwin connect is essentially about capacity building and equity funding under a co investment model. If you were a smart entrepreneur, all you needed to do was to meet an economist to explain co-investment equity funding model to you, instead of displaying your crass ignorance.
Let me also restate as I earlier did that though youwin connect is a rebranded version of youwin, they are two entirely different government initiatives, with completely different objectives. The present government indeed released some funds(grants) to some outstanding youwin beneficiaries, but that does not mean the objectives of youwin connect has been altered. Hopefully when you attend the in class training, things will get clearer to you.
Good morning and happy Sunday(in case you're a christian)
[/quote]

With my findings on the model of the current YOUWIN CONNECT, no cash (money) would be given to participants but rather participants are being prepared (trained) to develop a business plan that is viable enough to attract any interested INVESTOR.

Equity financing model (as been used by the current YOUWIN CONNECT) is an arrangement in which someone has good and profitable business IDEA but no (capital) money to establish the idea or business.

Then the idea owner now have to look for a way of getting someone who have money to finance the establishment of the business. And in return, the person with money will become a part owner of the established business.

This mean that under the current YOUWIN connect, Federal Government (FG) does not really have much money to give to any participant as grant BUT FG is only training participants to be able to prepare viable / bankable business plans that will attract possible investors

Therefore, the only thing that will attract investor to any YOUWIN CONNECT participant in form of CAPITAL is the bankable quality of your business plan. And the capital you will attract is like you are inviting someone to come and be part owner of your business.

Though, it was stated from the beginning that it is going to be an EQUITY FINANCING arrangement, the only challenge I see in the whole thing is that federal government did not do enough orientation / sensitization to let participants understand the model (EQUITY FINANCING) better than this.

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by tobaoye: 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2018
With my findings on the model of the current YOUWIN CONNECT, no cash (money) would be given to participants but rather participants are being prepared (trained) to develop a business plan that is viable enough to attract any interested INVESTOR.

Equity financing model (as been used by the current YOUWIN CONNECT) is an arrangement in which someone has good and profitable business IDEA but no (capital) money to establish the idea or business.

Then the idea owner now have to look for a way of getting someone who have money to finance the establishment of the business. And in return, the person with money will become a part owner of the established business.

This mean that under the current YOUWIN connect, Federal Government (FG) does not really have much money to give to any participant as grant BUT FG is only training participants to be able to prepare viable / bankable business plans that will attract possible investors

Therefore, the only thing that will attract investor to any YOUWIN CONNECT participant in form of CAPITAL is the bankable quality of your business plan. And the capital you will attract is like you are inviting someone to come and be part owner of your business.

Though, it was stated from the beginning that it is going to be an EQUITY FINANCING arrangement, the only challenge I see in the whole thing is that federal government did not do enough orientation / sensitization to let participants understand the model (EQUITY FINANCING) better than this.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Chify07(f): 10:23pm On Mar 18, 2018
Please what's the direction of ostra hall and hotel off otunba jobfele way cbd alausa ikeja
From mile 2
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 11:06pm On Mar 18, 2018
Chify07:
Please what's the direction of ostra hall and hotel off otunba jobfele way cbd alausa ikeja
From mile 2
From oshodi,board ikeja inside bus,alight at d last bus stop then board alausa secretariat bus. U can ask anybody after alighting at d last bus stop
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by crudedude(m): 8:15am On Mar 19, 2018
Seriously, you guys should try and chill. E-fighting/finger-pointing sadly doesn't add money to the pocket. It's possible to disagree yet be civil.

Those who have done the training or have valuable info should please continue with the updates.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Embaszy(m): 8:21am On Mar 19, 2018
Good morning fella
Is there anyone here that has his or her training slated to hold on 20th to 22nd of March at faculty of pharmacy UI Ibadan, OYO state.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 19, 2018
I am at the Ikeja Alausa secretariat traning hall. Mine is 19th to 21st and we are all still seated and waiting.

It's 9:13am and a lot are still absent

1 Like

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 19, 2018
I am at the Ikeja Alausa secretariat traning hall. Mine is 19th to 21st. We started around 9:15am

1 Like

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by LoveThemChubby(m): 10:45am On Mar 19, 2018
Where are the Sokoto participants in the house?
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 19, 2018
More pix

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 19, 2018
The training was focused on BMC(business module canvas). They talked about customer segments, value propositions, positioning statement, channel of distribution, revenue streams, key resources, etc.

Then we were shared into the following groups:

1. Manufacturung
2. ICT
3. Fashion
4. Construction
5. Agriculture

We discussed on each of the sector, following the BMC pattern above.

Then went on break. We are still on break

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by tobaoye: 1:34pm On Mar 19, 2018
Alright.

Thank you for the update.

pp802:
The training was focused on BMC(business module canvas). They talked about customer segments, value propositions, positioning statement, channel of distribution, revenue streams, key resources, etc.

1. Manufacturung
2. ICT
3. Fashion
4. Construction
5. Agriculture

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by tobaoye: 1:35pm On Mar 19, 2018
I am following your update

We expect more later in the day.

pp802:

1. Manufacturung
2. ICT
3. Fashion
4. Construction
5. Agriculture

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 6:29pm On Mar 19, 2018
ol2012:

Nigerian youths and their "I too know attitude"

May I also ask you who told you they'll make the theory part?
Have you asked yourself what happens to the already awarded mark if they decide to mark the theory part as you claim. Will it be reduced or increased.

Now I'm not saying that part should not be taken seriously, but guy no one will sit to start marking thousands of theory answers as you're thinking in your head.

The automatic selection statement should give you a clue to that
If u claim that I labelled u 'mr know-all',what did u mean by ur statement Nigerian youths and their I too know.U re a pot calling kettle black.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ayusco85(m): 7:22pm On Mar 19, 2018
Wuna get strength Sha. Keep exchanging words that won't add shi shi to Ur account. When u are all tired and reality hits u in d face you will all calm down.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Segzylomo4u: 8:11pm On Mar 19, 2018
NEWLY ESTABLISHED / START –UP AGRO PROCESSING ENTERPRISE BASED IN IDO LGA , IBADAN, OYO STATE IS DESIROUS TO ENGAGE THE SERVICES OF SELF MOTIVATED , COMPETENT, RESOURCEFUL AND RESULT ORIENTED INDIVIDUAL TO FILL THE VACANCY STATED BELOW;

Operation Supervisor

Qualification and Experience:
OND/HND- minimum of Lower credit division in Food Science and Technology, Chemical Engineering Technology, Agricultural Extension & Economic or its equivalent
Minimum of 2 years practical/hand-on experience verifiable in agro processing such as cassava processing into Garri, Cassava starch, Cassava flour, Cassava chips, or agricultural raw material processing to consumable finished products e.t.c with Food Processing firms /agro processing firms in Oyo or any part of Nigeria

The ideal candidate must:
Possess high level proficiency in the use of relevant computer software and programs including but not limited to MS Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point Presentation.
Be able to communicate clearly and unambiguously in speech, writing and documentations
Excellent communication skills
Be alert, dedicated, level-headed and possess high intellectual capability
Possess a clear analytical mind, innovative and be able to work long hours with little or no supervision.
Must be able to pay attention to details
Problem-solving skills
Must be Self –Motivated and goal oriented
Full of humility, Honesty and teachable heart to acquire learning objectives such as business management, financial management, general operation management e.t.c that will promote him to Level of Operation Manager
The candidate must be presently residing in Ibadan preferably Ido LGA, Ibadan, Oyo
Be willing to provide 2 guarantors of which one of them must be biological family member with traceable address in Oyo state preferrably and while the other guarantor must be either professional or civil servant

Responsibility
Ensure maximum efficiency for day to day production activities of the company
such as ensuring proper coordination of the entire workforce to achieve set target production volume for day to day activities
Report to the business owner on the progress of the company
and overall maintenance/ status of both the facility building and equipment
Ensure smooth operation from supply chain of raw materials to packaging/ storage of the finished products/ raw materials
Maximize utilization of wastes from cassava processing to bring additional revenue to the company
Assist in business management/ management co-ordination
Coordinate suppliers for raw materials/consumable and non-consumables items associated with the business operation.
Ensure high quality of the finished products/ take ownership for the quality of the finished products/ be responsible for quality control and assurance of the finished products.
Perform other duties as may be assigned to him by the managing director or business owners

Benefits
Accommodation already provided by the company which is 15mins trek to the agro processing factory

Basic Salary above minimum wages while bonus of additional one month to make up 13months in a year
to be paid by december each year

Annual/biannual increase in basic salary based on his performance on the said position and the company financial growth

Human development/ Capacity development/ JOT –JOB ON TRAINING in the area of financial management such as how to maintain proper accounting records, how to monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payment, how to prepare payroll for both casual staff,/ key partners and permanent staff, Documentation of all receipts of goods and services from customer, General operation management, Human resource management
and Personal productivity

Availability: Be 100% available for day to day operation immediately after acceptance of offer

Age Limit: 25- 30

Available Slot: 1

Selection Stages
Evaluation of application for cross examination of suitability and competence level – March 25, 2018
Face to Face oral Interview - March 27, 2018
Selection of the best candidate - March 29, 2018
Face to Face discussion with Guarantors alongside undertaking letter from them – March 30, 2018
Resumption of work between March and April 2018- April 1, 2018

HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified and interested candidate should send their CV with post-secondary certificates from OND upward, scan passport photography , application letter for the vacancy and other important documents to:processraiser@gmail.com" processraiser@gmail.com, and copy the following email address HYPERLINK "mailto:cmsealinternationallimited@gmail.com" cmsealinternationallimited@gmail.com, and HYPERLINK "mailto:michaelonline_ng@yahoo.com" michaelonline_ng@yahoo.com stating the position as the subject of their application on or before 24th of March , 2018

Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.

Signed Management
For PROCESS RAISER ENTERPRISE
+2347015531601
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Chify07(f): 5:29am On Mar 20, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:
From oshodi,board ikeja inside bus,alight at d last bus stop then board alausa secretariat bus. U can ask anybody after alighting at d last bus stop
Thanks alot
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by glyobed: 7:32am On Mar 20, 2018
Please how can I locate this venue from Ogudu Imperial Hall, Plot 2 Otunba Jobi Fele way, behind MKO Abiola Gardens, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos State?
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by elldeb101(m): 9:45am On Mar 20, 2018
glyobed:
Please how can I locate this venue from Ogudu Imperial Hall, Plot 2 Otunba Jobi Fele way, behind MKO Abiola Gardens, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos State?

take a bus going to berger..stop at Mobil fuel station after secretariat..cross over to the other side and leave the expressway.Walk as if going towards berger. the first turn on your left is otuba jobi fele way . imperial hall is a stone throw from the junction.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Eticheddaz(m): 11:01am On Mar 20, 2018
elldeb101:

take a bus going to berger..stop at Mobil fuel station after secretariat..cross over to the other side and leave the expressway.Walk as if going towards berger. the first turn on your left is otuba jobi fele way . imperial hall is a stone throw from the junction.

True spirit of a Nigerian. Always ready to help. Well-done guys! Those of you bickering and calling names here, should please sheath your swords. We all are in this together, and we can only hope for the best. Good morning! Waiting for my training in Jos 22nd - 24th
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by belovedaja(m): 11:06am On Mar 20, 2018
Training ongoing @ March mall gas junction, iwofe road, rumuepirikom, port Harcourt.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by belovedaja(m): 12:41pm On Mar 20, 2018
Break time in ph
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Agritech(m): 3:21pm On Mar 20, 2018
belovedaja:
Break time in ph
what did they say regarding funding in pH?
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 20, 2018
Agritech:

what did they say regarding funding in pH?

No facilitator want to answer that question . And we don't know if the 5000 is the final selection.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 4:48pm On Mar 20, 2018
Right now we are in day 2 of the training and we're told dat we will be given a sheet for a little assessment on biz plan.I don't know if dat is going to be used for d next selection.Those that did theirs last week,were they given such?
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by phyllosilicate(m): 4:52pm On Mar 20, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:
Right now we are in day 2 of the training and we're told dat we will be given a sheet for a little assessment on biz plan.I don't know if dat is going to be used for d next selection.Those that did theirs last week,were they given such?

No we were not given. Our Youwin rep was no where to be found on the last day.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 5:21pm On Mar 20, 2018
phyllosilicate:

No we were not given. Our Youwin rep was no where to be found on the last day.
The sheet will be given by the close of today and will be taken home and returned tomorrow.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 5:22pm On Mar 20, 2018
Infact,they have started sharing it right now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply)

I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines / Pant Of Lady Hawking Plantain In Leggings In Lagos Shows, Nigerians React / Another American Mistress Exposes Dangote’s Buttocks In Viral Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.