Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,745 members, 7,802,275 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 (115899 Views)

Business Competition / YouWiN Beneficiaries Protest Unpaid Grants @Finance Ministry (Pics) / Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by SchoolPedia: 10:07am On Nov 09, 2017
Hi folks ,Congratulations on all those who got recently shortlisted for the 2017 You win Connect program.As we are all waiting the commencementof the next stage (the online training) with the continuation of the other stages,I deemed it fit to have a chat group where we can meet to connect, network, share ideas and tips, solve issues , etc soas to ensure we proceed to other stages with ultimately winning the grants.It's to this end we have a telegram chat group.You can drop your number so as to be added to the group.Or join via the link via my signature.Nairaland has banned my other account for this.Ensure you have telegram installed on your phone.We shall SUCCEED!
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by barnawilla: 5:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
Contact me for any type/kin of business plan 08054254954
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by barnawilla: 5:48pm On Nov 09, 2017
greatestman:

5, 000

Where selected for phase 1.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by barnawilla: 5:48pm On Nov 09, 2017
barnawilla:

you can do the calculation is 2,700+
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Essont(m): 10:20am On Nov 10, 2017
07060977723 for the telegram group.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by drisaac4luv(m): 5:22pm On Nov 10, 2017
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by mujaheed08: 7:26am On Nov 11, 2017
Please correct your statement where you said nobody was given the loan, that is not true. as of now, I have about five friends in Kano who are into business already. And this program was not done yet, so why don't you focus on the stringent conditions and collect your money rather than talk talk
OrangeDream:
Ok. Nigerian youths applied for the #10billion support program. Those of us with better bankable business ideas were shortlisted. We were made to go through a thorough online training with the African Management Initiative for 3months of which an estimated sum of #56million was spent to train us.
Furtherance to this, we were made to embark on a 1week in-class training which subsequently qualified us as would-be beneficiaries for a maximum of #5million loan at a single digit interest rate. After much effort, some of us met their stringent conditions like the guarantors and networth conditions of the guarantors.
However, they started manipulating the process by asking some of us to either change an already submitted and accepted form, business plan or one thing or the other. We sailed through all these manipulations and even at that, ONE KOBO has not being released to anyone.
We petitioned BOI through several means like the dailies, NASS, EFCC and even the Presidency. When they realized that we had gained momentum and about to go on a protest, their highest body chaired by BOI's MD (Waheed Olagunju) called us to a meeting to calm frey nerves and promised to review the conditions and release the funds. But as i speak to you today, nothing has being released for a program that took off in March 2016.
The BOI MD has being sacked and i'm quite sure it is related to the YES-P mess. Truth is, BOI is all about propaganda and they hate to see anyone burst their bubbles in the media.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 11, 2017
mujaheed08:
Please correct your statement where you said nobody was given the loan, that is not true. as of now, I have about five friends in Kano who are into business already. And this program was not done yet, so why don't you focus on the stringent conditions and collect your money rather than talk talk
This is what you all say.. I have a friend.. I have a brother.. I have that
Where is the evidence?. Most of whom i have interacted with said, they are at disbursement stage.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ol2012: 2:55pm On Nov 14, 2017
Adulphus:
To clarify your worries.

@Lekubumber you're right in some part about the Grant but wrong in saying 1m minimum & 10m max because amount was not specified.

@ol2012 you're were right in saying that this youwin connect is different from the previous youwin by GEJ but are wrong in saying that there will be no grant!

Once the programme was launched this year and before I create this thread, I personally mailed the secretary to know the pro & con of the programme and I was made to understand that you can get GRANT, LOAN & EQUITY depending on you/or your business need...

Screenshot of the email response below...

Dear Adulphus
I would have ignored this post of yours, but considering the number of applicants who will apply in the hope of getting a grant, I have decided to reply you. I stand by my initial post that you'll only get equity in this current youwin connect as I clearly heard the hon Finance Minister say so in an interview (not that someone told me)

Anyone still in doubt should go to the youwin connect site, navigate to FAQ and check the answer provided to the question in quote
"What is youwinconnect series fund?"
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by karlboss: 6:04pm On Nov 14, 2017
ol2012:

Dear Adulphus
I would have ignored this post of yours, but considering the number of applicants who will apply in the hope of getting a grant, I have decided to reply you. I stand by my initial post that you'll only get equity in this current youwin connect as I clearly heard the hon Finance Minister say so in an interview (not that someone told me)

Anyone still in doubt should go to the youwin connect site, navigate to FAQ and check the answer provided to the question in quote

Is it that they are not giving money but they would train people only? Pls explain the type of equity
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ILuvMerije(f): 6:10pm On Nov 14, 2017
please how do I go about logging in ? I've tried to log in to you win but it's not logging in
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ol2012: 4:56am On Nov 15, 2017
OrangeDream:
This is what you all say.. I have a friend.. I have a brother.. I have that
Where is the evidence?. Most of whom i have interacted with said, they are at disbursement stage.

Do you mind sending me a PM? I'll provide you phone numbers of beneficiaries I personally know who have already gotten their businesses funded. You just contact them directly to confirm my claims.

But I seem to wonder, is THOMAS among your names?
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ol2012: 5:08am On Nov 15, 2017
karlboss:

Is it that they are not giving money but they would train people only? Pls explain the type of equity

They'll provide equity funding after the training. Equity simply refers to your business getting funded while you now have the fund provider becoming a part owner of your business. The good thing about this funding model (co investment) is that you can buy back the share of your business the fund manager takes whenever you decide to repay the fund provided. It's more like an hybrid funding structure that has attributes of both debt and equity.

Kindly confirm from the link below

https://www.youwinconnect.org.ng/faq/index.php

Open the link and scroll down to the question in quote "What is youwin connect series fund?"
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by greatestman(m): 5:40am On Nov 15, 2017
Check out..
Just do the needful and leave the rest to God. ..

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 15, 2017
ol2012:

Do you mind sending me a PM? I'll provide you phone numbers of beneficiaries I personally know who have already gotten their businesses funded. You just contact them directly to confirm my claims.

But I seem to wonder, is THOMAS among your names?
Please, kindly ask them if they belong to our whatapp page? I mean the one coordinated by Kenneth?. I will find them there and ask.
And no please, Thomas is not among my name. Even if it were, i have a right to doubt your claims.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Adulphus(m): 9:55am On Nov 15, 2017
ol2012:

Dear Adulphus

Like I said, I mailed them and the response was what I uploaded.. I am not talking on my own.
Also note that I read the FAQ which is your only point of saying its just an equity before I send them an email.
They might not unveil all the programme entails on the website just to get serious minded people to apply. I am just saying. All I can tell now is what they responded to me and not was on the website for now..
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 16, 2017
Rumor had it then that the funds for each successful candidate will be 2.5 million. Because of that, the budget I created in my application was deliberately summed up to 2.5 million. But now that I am beginning to see a range of 1million to 10 million in peoples comments, I don't know if I should change my figure when constructing my business plan. I actually need more than 2.5 million.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Kemkaze6015(m): 1:40pm On Nov 16, 2017
Any information concerning online training?
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by mejai(m): 5:35pm On Nov 17, 2017
Another email sent... Online training notification. No date yet. But soonest.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by williams2600(m): 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2017
Hmmmm all these confusion should i write a. Business plan or not......i dont no what you guys are saying i just got the mail today sef........

Una dey make me fill like its a. Waste of time
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by neksummi(m): 2:41am On Nov 19, 2017
Dear "Me," ,

Let us first start by congratulating you for emerging as one of our stage one beneficiaries on the YouWiN! Connect Capacity Building Platform.

As you know YouWiN! Connect is a multimedia-based programme of Federal Ministry of Finance. It aims to support young entrepreneurs as they PLAN, START and GROW their businesses while promoting entrepreneurship as a viable career option for young Nigerians to create jobs and wealth.

A key component of the program is to offer Online capacity building training. This online extension of the YouWiN! Connect Enterprise Education is targeted at strengthening the entrepreneurial capacity of each participant through exposure to relevant SME development materials and tools such as technical, legal and financial skills in business management.

As a successful beneficiary from the first stage, you will be required to attend the online training which will commence soon. Further details about the online training including the date will be communicated via Email and SMS.

Lastly, it has come to the attention of the YouWiN! Connect PIU that some individuals posing as agents and successful applicants of the program are requesting money from unsuspecting members of the public under the guise of providing various support services.

The YouWiN! Connect program has not appointed any applicant or agent to act on its behalf in the delivery of online training or other program components. Anyone posing as an applicant whether successful or not with the purpose of defrauding innocent persons by offering additional training or other services is acting independently and does not represent YouWiN! Connect.

YouWiN! Connect does not request for any form of payment or gratification in exchange for any aspect of the program.

Thank you.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 19, 2017
williams2600:
Hmmmm all these confusion should i write a. Business plan or not......i dont no what you guys are saying i just got the mail today sef........

Una dey make me fill like its a. Waste of time
Let me give you an honest advice to stuffs like this. Don't get too excited with it. Relax and wait till the training commences. Government are well known for changing the goal post in the middle of a well-intended programs such as this.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by sundayakasdy(m): 10:25am On Nov 19, 2017
neksummi:
Dear "Me," ,

Let us first start by congratulating you for emerging as one of our stage one beneficiaries on the YouWiN! Connect Capacity Building Platform.

As you know YouWiN! Connect is a multimedia-based programme of Federal Ministry of Finance. It aims to support young entrepreneurs as they PLAN, START and GROW their businesses while promoting entrepreneurship as a viable career option for young Nigerians to create jobs and wealth.

A key component of the program is to offer Online capacity building training. This online extension of the YouWiN! Connect Enterprise Education is targeted at strengthening the entrepreneurial capacity of each participant through exposure to relevant SME development materials and tools such as technical, legal and financial skills in business management.

As a successful beneficiary from the first stage, you will be required to attend the online training which will commence soon. Further details about the online training including the date will be communicated via Email and SMS.

Lastly, it has come to the attention of the YouWiN! Connect PIU that some individuals posing as agents and successful applicants of the program are requesting money from unsuspecting members of the public under the guise of providing various support services.

The YouWiN! Connect program has not appointed any applicant or agent to act on its behalf in the delivery of online training or other program components. Anyone posing as an applicant whether successful or not with the purpose of defrauding innocent persons by offering additional training or other services is acting independently and does not represent YouWiN! Connect.

YouWiN! Connect does not request for any form of payment or gratification in exchange for any aspect of the program.

Thank you.

i also receive same mail.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by sundayakasdy(m): 10:34am On Nov 19, 2017
covex:
Rumor had it then that the funds for each successful candidate will be 2.5 million. Because of that, the budget I created in my application was deliberately summed up to 2.5 million. But now that I am beginning to see a range of 1million to 10 million in peoples comments, I don't know if I should change my figure when constructing my business plan. I actually need more than 2.5 million.

Bros i need your help pls, honestly i have never write a business plan. Please kndly coach me on writing a good business plan in nigeria.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by akp202(m): 10:45am On Nov 19, 2017
sundayakasdy:

Bros i need your help pls, honestly i have never write a business plan. Please kndly coach me on writing a good business plan in nigeria.
U can contact me for a detail business plan
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by sundayakasdy(m): 11:00am On Nov 19, 2017
akp202:
U can contact me for a detail business plan
how do i contact you.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by akp202(m): 3:00pm On Nov 19, 2017
sundayakasdy:

how do i contact you.
akposu2cool@yahoo.com
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ayusco85(m): 7:27pm On Nov 19, 2017
akp202:
akposu2cool@yahoo.com

Do u write business plan as a business or u just learning? because I need some one very gud.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by akp202(m): 6:06am On Nov 20, 2017
ayusco85:

Do u write business plan as a business or u just learning? because I need some one very gud.
lol....why should i ask u to contact me if i have not be doing it? i work in an accounting firm were we deal with business plans almost all the time. mind u my charges are high, so if u re not ready for such charges kindly stay put.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ayusco85(m): 7:56am On Nov 20, 2017
akp202:
lol....why should i ask u to contact me if i have not be doing it? i work in an accounting firm were we deal with business plans almost all the time. mind u my charges are high, so if u re not ready for such charges kindly stay put.

How much is the charge?
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by greatestman(m): 1:36pm On Nov 20, 2017
OrangeDream:
Let me give you an honest advice to stuffs like this. Don't get too excited with it. Relax and wait till the training commences. Government are well known for changing the goal post in the middle of a well-intended programs such as this.

This your advice is not a good one. A business oriented individual should his or business plan intact. It maybe this one or another opening. You may not know which one.

The day I registered my business with CAC I started writing my business plan (Reluctantly though). No motivation behind it, but I realized is indispensable lo and behold this YOUWIN CONNECT of a thing show up. Part of what I wrote in my business plan was what I used to answer some of the questions. I registered my business with CAC with no sight of grant or loan or anything whatsoever, the worst I don't have the start up capital. But I so believe I may need it some time in life which will be so urgent. Remember when opportunity clash with preparation, you cannot avoid success. Let him do the business plan and keep, he may not get this, but that same business plan will give him opening somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by akp202(m): 6:42pm On Nov 20, 2017
ayusco85:

How much is the charge?
am sure I have given u a medium to reach me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply)

Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC / I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines / Pant Of Lady Hawking Plantain In Leggings In Lagos Shows, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.