Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

: - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / : (2749 Views)

What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians / Rick Ross – Hold Me Back (Nigeria Version) - Video / What's All This I Hear About P-square's Mum's Death, Rick Ross, Illuminati And S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

: by Officerricky(m): 2:26am On Feb 07, 2010
:
Re: : by Genuflect(m): 11:42am On Feb 07, 2010
E be like say you smoke Igbo before you come dey post abi? Rubbish
Re: : by Mafia4life(m): 1:45pm On Feb 07, 2010
@poster
After Rick ross's port of miami, the rest album which i have are straight garbage. He left the south to do some eastcoast shyt and expect the southside fans to buy his crap? Fucc rick ross. Jay-z suck anyway but the east knows him and he does his shyt for the east so he gonna sell. I fucc wit underground rappers anyway
@Genuflet
The guy nor smoke. Oh you want him to talk about timaya!
Re: : by eldee(m): 2:00pm On Feb 07, 2010
Rick Ross' album is quite good . . . but his themes are two decades late.
No one does gangsta hiphop anymore . . . come on, it's 2010.

You wonder why Jay-Z's selling??

What we talkin' bout fiction Or we talkin bout fact
You talkin' bout fiction? Hold up pardon my back
I'm talkin' bout life And all I hear is
Oh yeah he keeps talkin' bout crack

What We Talking 'bout

Now the album was really good . . . but it can't appeal much to people right now.
Blueprint 3 will define the next generation of hiphop.
Re: : by Mafia4life(m): 2:10pm On Feb 07, 2010
Go to the underground. You find bunch of gangsta rap, devil shyt (horrorcore). If you need one, hit me up i will give you direct link (not these rapidshare type link)
Re: : by eldee(m): 3:18pm On Feb 07, 2010
Mafia4life:

Go to the underground. You find bunch of gangsta rap, devil shyt (horrorcore). If you need one, hit me up i will give you direct link (not these rapidshare type link)

Exactly . . . hiphop has grown up.
The gangster guys are just daft boys that don't want to agree that people like Obama are what black people should be like.
Re: : by hax: 6:59pm On Feb 07, 2010
@eldee

Raekwon does crack rap. Pill and Freddie Gibbs do crack rap. The Clipse do crack rap. They were all as good as Jay-Z was last year (I thought they were better, but I'm not in the mood to argue with you lol). Let's hope this Jay-Z isn't the future. American Gangster was approximately 78 times better than BP3. It was more mafioso/gangsta. But that wasn't the only reason it was much better than BP3. J. Cole and Kanye wouldn't have out-spat Jay-Z on AG (once again, I don't agree that Kanye was better, it's just popular opinion. But J. Cole kilt it). The Neptunes and Hitmen production were much better. The concept of 'I know' was just so sick. It's crack rap, but it's crack rap done right, without glorifying it. Even while bragging, Success obviously poos all over most of BP3. Fallin', and the title track were just great tracks. Let's all follow his advice and 'buy his old album'. But the repping songs, as much as I dislike Empire State of mind, it poos all over Hello Brooklyn. lol

I understand going the conscious route, but if you're going to do it, do it right. 'Be' right. 'Game Theory' right. 'Finding Forever' right. 'Below The Heavens' right.

So, Mafia4life, what underground stuff do you have? Can you like, list the rappers/albums?
Re: : by Mafia4life(m): 8:02pm On Feb 07, 2010
@hax
Drumma Boy presents_ Welcome 2 My City.
Gangsta Boo_The Rumor

Only that 2 i got a link that does not count. The rest are torrent, megaupload and rapidshare.
T-rock_Behind the Enemy line.
J-Green_The First 48.
C-Mob_Hard Liquor.
Slikk_Genesis.

All these guys are my myspace friend. They are so friendly.
Ok. Download this only track. If you like it, i will send you the full album. ( you must love it )
http://www.drum-squad.com/mixtape/tracks/make_it_happen.mp3
Re: : by ofokaofoki: 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2010
Mafia4life:

MAFIA4LIFE I NEED TO HEAR DOPE ASS GANGSTA HORRORCORE TOO , HIT ME WIT A LINK PLS. KNOWLEDGE IS LIGHT
Re: : by ofokaofoki: 8:10pm On Feb 07, 2010
@HAX
WHO THE Bleep IS J-COLE?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed HAVE I BEEN SLEEPIN,??, TELL ME MORE BOUT HIS DOPEST SHIT HAX
Re: : by Genuflect(m): 8:18pm On Feb 07, 2010
Wtf? Ofoka, you no sabi J. Cole? How na?
Re: : by ofokaofoki: 8:25pm On Feb 07, 2010
Genuflect:

Wtf? Ofoka, you no sabi J. Cole? How na?

I NO SABI AM O , I NEVER EVEN HEAR AM B4, WHEN I SAW COLE NA ASHLEY COLE RING FOR MY HEAD.LMFAO grin grin
OYA TELL ME ABOUT HIM , WHAT ARE HIS FAV SONGS U LIKE, I BEG RECOMMEND 4 ME MAKE I DOWNLOAD SHARPLY. FAST I BEG, IS HE TIGHT??
Re: : by Abagworo(m): 8:26pm On Feb 07, 2010
Rick ross is the best lyricist in the game.everyone is cosigning him nowadays and he is really making money.i believe he is the next big thing in rap.his last album was ok being the 3rd best seller in 2009 behind jay and eminem.lets be on the watch out for ''teflon don''.
Re: : by Abagworo(m): 8:27pm On Feb 07, 2010
Rick ross is the best lyricist in the game.everyone is cosigning him nowadays and he is really making money.i believe he is the next big thing in rap.his last album was ok being the 3rd best seller in 2009 behind jay and eminem.lets be on the watch out for ''teflon don''.
Re: : by aldon: 8:58pm On Feb 07, 2010
@abagworo~ big ups!man,u've said it all.just dat d poster was a bit silly wit hw he started the thread.
Re: : by Mafia4life(m): 8:58pm On Feb 07, 2010
@abagworo
Rick ross is the best to you only. Have you listen to T-rock?
@ofokaofoki
Do you like that first song on the link? If yes, i will send you the full album.
Re: : by Mafia4life(m): 9:02pm On Feb 07, 2010
@aldon
How far my guy. You are welcome to this hip-hop thread. Nor f* up Oh
Re: : by Genuflect(m): 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2010
Dude you are saying 'fucc Rick Ross' and I'm hearing his voice all over the song.
Re: : by eldee(m): 9:27pm On Feb 07, 2010
@Hax

I'm not going to go into an argument over who's better or what album should be topping the charts.
I know people that will never listen to 90's rap because they'll rather listen to music from the 80's like GMFs, and the Afrika Bambaataas.
Why?? They think the feel was missing and they didn't like the new concept.

That's what y'all don't get . . . music is subjective and there comes a time it needs to move on as society progresses.
Society has moved on from watching people talk about how many shots got aimed at them in their youth.
It was interesting before, with Dre and Pac only because it was new.

American Gangster was a result of something we've been hearing for decades.
That's Jay-Z's strongest point . . . but he, like every other smart great knows when to move on.
That's the only way to keep hiphop music relevant to the music fans and most of all, the next generation.

Hiphop is not getting more conscious, she's moving more towards Alternative hiphop.

Kanye virtually gave hiphop a CPR with his Graduation album . . . sales were dead, and believe me . . . without hiphop in the mainstream, it'll eventually disappear from the underground.

Personally I think I'll pick Kanye's College Dropout, Late Registration and J. Cole's The Come Up above other albums of the last decade.
And I see why they'll kill Jay-Z in a genre that's so comfortably theirs.
Blueprint 3 was sending a message to the rappers of the 90s . . . that you can switch from the whole gangster thing.
Jay-Z is the most influential rapper of our time . . . his gentleman rapper dream started since he became CEO of Def Jam.

I don't know which is better, but I think I prefer modern hiphop because it's themes apply to me.
Re: : by ofokaofoki: 10:01pm On Feb 07, 2010
Mafia4life:

@abagworo
Rick ross is the best to you only. Have you listen to T-rock?
@ofokaofoki
Do you like that first song on the link? If yes, i will send you the full album.
yes i like it , pls send me the full album , and i need to hear t-rock , j-cole and who else is hot?
who the Bleep is t-rock again, oh my lawd, i have left hiphop for too long.
Re: : by hax: 12:43am On Feb 08, 2010
i haven't heard of t-rock before either.

Ofoka, you must be living under a rock. You stay at abeokuta abi? Lol
J.cole only is dat other kool cat who's kilt jay on his own track. Listen to 'the warm up' mixtape and 'a star is born' off blueprint 3.

And lmfao @ rawse being the best lyricist in the game. rawse that carried last in his own track. Maybach music 2 with weezy n yeezy. Abi i lie?
Re: : by chiogo(f): 12:48am On Feb 08, 2010
hax:

Ofoka, you must be living under a rock. You stay at abeokuta abi? Lol
grin grin grin grin grin
ofokaofoki:

oh my lawd, i have left hiphop for too long.   
Umm, you've never been in hip hop.  tongue And you wonder why I beat yo a$$ in '08.  embarassed
Now he's about to kill me *ducks head*

Officerricky? what are you yarning sef?  undecided Jay-z beatless? joke of the year!
Re: : by hax: 1:39am On Feb 08, 2010
its funny. coparing rawse with hov. ogah o. especially his choice of beats. allure, i know, never change and heart of the city are some of the best beats ive ever heard. rickys beats are nice, but he's got nothing on hov.

where did you beat ofoka in 08? (like, in a competition or something? i know its his a$$ you beat lmao)
Re: : by chiogo(f): 1:44am On Feb 08, 2010
hax:

where did you beat ofoka in 08? (like, in a competition or something? i know its his a$$ you beat lmao)
Umm, rap battles. . . when I was feeling like a little gangsta embarassed grin
What else is there to beat? tongue
Re: : by chic2pimp(m): 1:53am On Feb 08, 2010
chiogo:

Umm, rap battles. . . when I was feeling like a little gangsta embarassed grin
What else is there to beat? tongue

You beat Ofoka cheesy cheesy grin grin
Who hasn't thrashed that dude on NL rap battle section? undecided
Re: : by Genuflect(m): 2:02am On Feb 08, 2010
^^^LWKMD. Abeg it's 2 in the morning. Make I no wake everybody up. Lmao
Re: : by chic2pimp(m): 2:06am On Feb 08, 2010
^^^^^
No be true I talk dia grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: : by chiogo(f): 2:08am On Feb 08, 2010
You people are bad!!! Now, he's gonna come gloating. Scared for my life oo.  cry cry

Chic, na so we see am oo.  grin grin I'm sure he hasn't accepted till today.  lipsrsealed
Re: : by hax: 2:12am On Feb 08, 2010
@chiogo
seriously? you used to rap? shocked

*chiogo on hot-o-meter*
97 -> 99.5!
it's over 1000 btw. jk
it's just 100 lol

he must have gone through hell for getting beaten by a GURL!
Re: : by chiogo(f): 2:15am On Feb 08, 2010
lol I was wack as hell though. grin And it was just writing, never "rapped" to my own lyrics.
Re: : by chic2pimp(m): 2:17am On Feb 08, 2010
chiogo:

You people are bad!!! Now, he's gonna come gloating. Scared for my life oo. cry cry

Chic, na so we see am oo. grin grin I'm sure he hasn't accepted till today. lipsrsealed

Well, have you ever seen a looser accept his lose gracefully? undecided There goes your answer grin grin
Re: : by hax: 2:22am On Feb 08, 2010
yeahwhatever. stop being so modest. im sure you were dabomb. lmao

*cheesy pickup line*
your dad must have been a terrorist. lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wedding Songs Pls / Your Top 50 Nigerian Songs Ever! / RAYPOWER FM Now In Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.