Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

How The Socks You Wear Can Make You More Successful - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How The Socks You Wear Can Make You More Successful (636 Views)

5 Things That Can Make You Self-employed In Nigeria / 10 Ways To Have A More Successful Career / Should You Wear Perfume To Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Socks You Wear Can Make You More Successful by Ajmuluq(m): 10:51pm On Jul 24, 2017

It’s Not How Much You Study, How Hard You Work, Or How Brilliant You Are.

It actually comes down to what you’re wearing — on your feet! Okay, that may be a little bit of an exaggeration. Of course factors like studying and hard work contribute to success. But, you’d never guess how something as basic as socks play into the equation.

02 Wearing Crazy Socks Is Scientifically Proven to Make You More Successful Or At Least Have People Thinking You Are 1024x683 - The you know Socks You Wear Can Make You More Successful

Wearing brown socks with a black suit is seen as very taboo. But wearing bright green socks with little flamingos on them is something you are starting to see more men and women sporting. Not only will this bold fashion statement be turning a few heads, but it’s actually scientifically proven to make you more successful and confident.

Back in 2013, Harvard Business School did a survey on people’s opinions on nonconformist behaviors. After watching how people reacted to things such as people’s funky sneakers, stone washed jeans and other wacky and “unconventional” choice of fashion, the reaction was actually positive. Basically, it was concluded that nonconformist looks are associated with higher status and success.

When you step outside the box and walk to the beat of your own drum, people actually perceive you as courageous, strong and thus automatically more successful. When you don’t conform, you also feel more confident too, which actually increases your chances of success. So, if you’ve ever thought about wearing something crazy, or a little off beat like flamingo or watermelon socks, by all means go for it.

Be brave, science is here to back up your fashion choices.

http://www.asukumagazine.com/know-socks-wear-can-make-successful/
Re: How The Socks You Wear Can Make You More Successful by Raphaelmary(m): 11:05pm On Jul 24, 2017
Re: How The Socks You Wear Can Make You More Successful by Raphaelmary(m): 11:09pm On Jul 24, 2017
Which one again be socks? People wey no dey wear socks nko? Socks sucks jhare
Re: How The Socks You Wear Can Make You More Successful by ifex370(m): 11:24pm On Jul 24, 2017
Raphaelmary:

Baba ehn.. I taya o
Re: How The Socks You Wear Can Make You More Successful by Oluwainnie(f): 11:45pm On Jul 24, 2017
I'm a lady and i want to be successful. Should i start putting on socks?
Re: How The Socks You Wear Can Make You More Successful by mga1618(m): 12:37pm On Jul 26, 2017
Interesting... I will start paying more attention to the socks I wear then cool I got my socks from here ("math socks"wink).

(1) (Reply)

Internship Placement Opportunity - 2nd Stream - Grab the opportunity now!! / Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA / Need A Federal Job.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.