Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,148 members, 7,807,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

What Can I Do? Someone Paid My $600 Fake Currency In NY (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Can I Do? Someone Paid My $600 Fake Currency In NY (photos) (1000 Views)

2 Brothers Arrested For Defrauding Rice Seller With Fake Currency (Photo) / Nigerian Man Nabbed In South Africa For Fraud & Printing Of Fake Currency (Pics) / Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do? Someone Paid My $600 Fake Currency In NY (photos) by streetNY: 4:45am On Jul 25, 2017
So as part of my side hustle here in New York, I use to buy and resell phones, mostly iPhones. Mostly I do sell them on Craigslist and Facebook market, note, I've been doing this for about a year now and I'm always very careful when meeting a customer, most times we meet at train station or any open place.
Long story short, last Saturday a guy said he wanted to buy one of the phone I listed, which is an iPhone 7+. As usual, he negotiated and we reached an agreement and decide on where to meet, the cost of the phone is $600 and we met, he gave me the money, six $100 bills. I just counted and pocket it cry
Dude tested the phone and left, I also left.
Yesterday, I wanted to buy another iphone from someone so that I would resell, it was then I discovered that the $600 bills are all fake. I was so sad and devastated, I tried to trace the guy with his Facebook account but I couldn't get any useful information about him. I really don't know what to do, maybe report him to the police if they would track him.
Y'all should advice me on what to do, if anyone has experienced something similar also.
I've learnt my lesson tho undecided
See the pictures of the bogus bills angry

Re: What Can I Do? Someone Paid My $600 Fake Currency In NY (photos) by greatnaija01: 4:51am On Jul 25, 2017
do you have his craiglist ID?

if yes he can be traced thru his IP

and you would need to report it to craigslist admin or a hacker here can help you find the guy, you may also need to drop his number.....

finally
Using traceroute from your settings in your iphone... YOU CAN ALWAYS TRACE the guy.... all IPHONES are traceable.

kindly visit apple and report it also.
best of luck

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do? Someone Paid My $600 Fake Currency In NY (photos) by Flexherbal(m): 5:28am On Jul 25, 2017
Report it to the police
Re: What Can I Do? Someone Paid My $600 Fake Currency In NY (photos) by bigben431: 5:43am On Jul 25, 2017
Please take the cash and report to the secret service office in Brooklyn. They handle cases like this. Might be part of a wider fake currency network. Sorry for loss

Buy a dri marker that will help detect take bills next time.
Re: What Can I Do? Someone Paid My $600 Fake Currency In NY (photos) by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 25, 2017
This is a serious issue. You need to report to the police ASAP. But if you are illegal ill say you should carefully move on.
Re: What Can I Do? Someone Paid My $600 Fake Currency In NY (photos) by streetNY: 5:52am On Jul 25, 2017
bigben431:
Please take the cash and report to the secret service office in Brooklyn. They handle cases like this. Might be part of a wider fake currency network. Sorry for loss

Buy a dri marker that will help detect take bills next time.

Thanks man, I will do that, do you know their address in Brooklyn?
Re: What Can I Do? Someone Paid My $600 Fake Currency In NY (photos) by alfredjoshua: 6:10am On Jul 25, 2017
[quote author=streetNY post=58801295]

Thanks man, I will do the, oooo
Re: What Can I Do? Someone Paid My $600 Fake Currency In NY (photos) by ibkgab001: 6:11am On Jul 25, 2017
Nnwaimkpe comes to mind
Re: What Can I Do? Someone Paid My $600 Fake Currency In NY (photos) by eposho: 6:26am On Jul 25, 2017
Whats all this naw,
Ok y did u leave, u for tanda dia now.
Re: What Can I Do? Someone Paid My $600 Fake Currency In NY (photos) by ovieigho(m): 7:20am On Jul 25, 2017
eposho:
Whats all this naw,
lol
Re: What Can I Do? Someone Paid My $600 Fake Currency In NY (photos) by Gobhanky: 7:22am On Jul 25, 2017
Bitcoins only bros.
No cash
No fakes.
Bitcoins only
Re: What Can I Do? Someone Paid My $600 Fake Currency In NY (photos) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 25, 2017
iPhone7 plus for $600....tell us another lie please. even Amazon store sell it less than $1000
Re: What Can I Do? Someone Paid My $600 Fake Currency In NY (photos) by bigben431: 9:04pm On Jul 25, 2017
[quote author=streetNY post=58801295]

Thanks man, I will do that, do you know their address in Brootklyn?[/quote

Somewhere in Adams ave..you can Google it.
Re: What Can I Do? Someone Paid My $600 Fake Currency In NY (photos) by seunny4lif(m): 9:34pm On Jul 25, 2017
eposho:
Whats all this naw,

Re: What Can I Do? Someone Paid My $600 Fake Currency In NY (photos) by wickedtuna: 8:30am On Jul 26, 2017
ABJDOT:
iPhone7 plus for $600....tell us another lie please.
even Amazon store sell it less than $1000
is 600 not less than 1000?
Re: What Can I Do? Someone Paid My $600 Fake Currency In NY (photos) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 9:48am On Jul 26, 2017
you live in state but you can't tell the difference between real dollars and counterfeit oya slap your self severely
Re: What Can I Do? Someone Paid My $600 Fake Currency In NY (photos) by asonobb(m): 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2017
Just be more careful when next.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Filmed Her Drunk Friend Being Raped And Posted It On Snapchat / Man Broke Into Tears After Unboxing 16GB Pendrive Bought In Aba / Riot In Owerri Rd/flyover, Onitsha: Obosi Boys Clash With MASSOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.