Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:00 AM

Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich (33298 Views)

Top 10 Signs A Nigerian Man Wants To Marry You / I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. / "I Will Marry You" - Oyinbo Man Tells Busty Nigerian Lady Frying Puff Puf Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by missjane: 2:16pm On Jul 25, 2017
I'm yet to understand what pple mean by a lady 'suffering with a guy and after so n so years he leaves her for another'
I don't believe such..babe dey suffer on her own n guy dey suffer on his own..both are in a relationship each suffering is at owners risk if una never marry..
It's only after marriage that one can use such slogan..
Think about it..if a girl makes money eventually in a relationship, why d guy no go marry am or even like dark skin..
Just my thoughts

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2017
No be today things! Na dia way.

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by tonero230(m): 2:20pm On Jul 25, 2017
Kondomatic:
This could be a consolation. It is not always true, we say it sometimes just make the lady feel good and not blame herself for the breaking up.

He's a prick head then.

lol
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 25, 2017
The truth is most broke guys are only making do with wats available till the money comes. Most guys cannot afford to date their specs so they settle for the ones they can afford until they can afford the ones that use 20k cream

4 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by LordOfNaira: 2:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:
Ithappened to two of my friends but lem me talk about one..

Their relationship started this time last 5years. When this my girlfriend was just in her under 20's. So this guy came to her when he had nothing. Though it took this my gf time to actually accept him. Then I would advice her to at least date when she turns 20 at least to know a lot about relationship but due to her love for the guy she accepted him.

Then the guy graduated from university and luckily for him he went for his NYSC shortly when my gf accepted his proposal.. Then this guy would visit her without giving her anything, they were loved up and she was cool with it..she loved him so much that nothing about him pisses her off..

hmmm, so many times this my gf would go to visit him but because he doesn't have money she would transport herself...the guy then loved her.. Maybe because he was still broke.. I would then ask this bae if she cheats on him but she would say no, even to the extend that she doesn't club or do any social stuff because of his guy, she prays and encouraged him.

Fast forward to this time last year, the guy started making money ..bought cars and started building ..he has many investments.

Just last two months she called and was crying that the guy had broken up with her and I was like ...please calm down and tell me what transpired. .she said that the guy chatted her up to tell her that he likes light skinned ladies...and that he doesn't love her enough to marry her because of her skin colour..

I called the supposed bf and the guy was actually telling me he Will cheat on her if he eventually marries her...but this bae suffered with him all this while for 4years and he didn't notice her dark colour until he started making money.

Listen, it's not about broke or not broke guys. Dating a big man (also) does not guarantee that he would get married to you. As a relationship counsellor, I always advise people to understand that no relationship is secure. But I always tell them to value friendship and throw all the requisite support into their relationships and hope it works or ends happily.

Another mistake that girls make is assuming that they are doing broke guys a favour by staying with them. Of course, you should stay because you love the person or you believe in his dreams. If you believe this, you won't throw insults in an argument about how you are managing his ass and how you could get any man you wanted. These words hurt but these broke guys would hold on until they made it to leave the nasty girl. When you constantly lock a broke guy down with threats of leaving him to his poverty or you control his life because you are (according to you) managing his broke ass, he will remember these things. Yes, it may be harsh, but you were not also much in love with him in the first place.

I understand how your friend must feel but I can almost assure you that he didn't break up with her because of her complexion. Nah! He had other reasons. And it must have been piling up when they were dating and he was broke.

In all, my advice to everyone is to emphasize friendship in your relationship. Dating a broke guy or a rich guy does not guarantee anything. That's life. And for girls dating broke guys, learn to show respect as if you were dating a comfortable guy. Don't abuse him with his present condition. Don't control his life or nag him simply because you are "managing" him. Don't tell him you are managing his sorry ass. Treat him like a human being. He is broke today does not mean he would be broke tommorow. Don't make your nasty words come back to haunt you.

5 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by FFA: 2:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN.........
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by rosalieene(f): 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2017
trumpclinton247:
If i bomb you they say America is wicket?o(^-^)o
what I do ooo
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by QueenMarvella(f): 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2017
Some guys are Ungrateful tho

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Funkybabee(f): 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2017
Ewo ni kan yan Mon fi iya je arare gan

Ladies nowadays need to wise up

I hate seeing this same story every day
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Kennedy767(m): 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2017
Kondomatic:
No guy leaves a GOOD woman who stood by him when he was poor.

Lemme Highlight Some Things.

1. Dating a broke guy doesn't mean you are a good woman

2. Dating a broke guy and building a future with a broke guy are not the same

3. Dating a guy because you've looked into his future and seen that he will turn out great is not love, dating, support or whatever you girls take it to be. It is an investment into his blessing with nothing and every investor losses.

4. If you date a guy when he was broke but didn't invest in him or support him(and prayer isn't the support I am talking about here, his mama prayers for him even in sleep) , he owe you nothing and can break up with you anytime

5. Dating a broke guy is like sponsoring a lady's education when she is not married to you, they come back with another guy instead of certificate most times.
GOD BLESS U MY DEAR..DID D GIRL PAY HIS FEES?. OP PLEASE DERE IS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BROKE AND SUFFERING...
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by jaksmillioniar: 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2017
rosalieene:

what I do ooo
see is becos dis I got mad at u dear. am sori. but u girls treat us bad. see wat dis girl put in her blog does it make sence?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by eyinjuege: 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2017
You better stop wasting your time and energy on others when you can use same time and energy to better yourself/your life.

You should always come first. How can you love anyone else when you don't love yourself?
How can a lady give a boyfriend her school fees, jeopardizing her future and some funny stuff those in lust do?
Same thing goes with men that haven't eaten 3 meals a day, who's parents and siblings are still living in penury sponsoring a girl in school.

5 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Funkybabee(f): 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Listen, it's not about broke or not broke guys. Dating a big man (also) does not guarantee that he would get married to you. As a relationship counsellor, I always advise people to understand that no relationship is secure. But I always tell them to value friendship and throw all the requisite support into their relationships and hope it works or ends happily.

Another mistake that girls make is assuming that they are doing broke guys a favour by staying with them. Of course, you should stay because you love the person or you believe in his dreams. If you believe this, you won't throw insults in an argument about how you are managing his ass and how you could get any man you wanted. These words hurt but these broke guys would hold on until they made it to leave the nasty girl. When you constantly lock a broke guy down with threats of leaving him to his poverty or you control his life because you are (according to you) managing his broke ass, he will remember these things. Yes, it may be harsh, but you were not also much in love with him in the first place.

I understand how your friend must feel but I can almost assure you that he didn't break up with her because of her complexion. Nah! He had other reasons. And it must have been piling up when they were dating and he was broke.

In all, my advice to everyone is to emphasize friendship in your relationship. Dating a broke guy or a rich guy does not guarantee anything. That's life. And for girls dating broke guys, learn to show respect as if you were dating a comfortable guy. Don't abuse him with his present condition. Don't control his life or nag him simply because you are "managing" him. Don't tell him you are managing his sorry ass. Treat him like a human being. He is broke today does not mean he would be broke tommorow. Don't make your nasty words come back to haunt you.

So because of abused, he need to repay her back with that.after 4or5 years op mentioned,after sufferness with him,after wasting her precious time that can't turn back again

bro say another thing.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by rosalieene(f): 2:31pm On Jul 25, 2017
jaksmillioniar:
see is becos dis I got mad at u dear. am sori. but u girls treat us bad. see wat dis girl put in her blog does it make sence?

who
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by PalmchatApp: 2:32pm On Jul 25, 2017
check out the list of 5 Nigerian celebrities busted for wearing fake things. You wouldn't believe No.2 on the list. Just click on this link to see...https:///s55YDC.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Kennedy767(m): 2:32pm On Jul 25, 2017
op say something else..did d gal pay his school fees? i don't tink he is holding d girl any explanation
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Itzurboi(m): 2:33pm On Jul 25, 2017
BEENUEL:
This story is K-legged

Your friend is all over the brokeness, she no even enjoy the moment...ewo ni"she will transport her self, with out him giving her money."

Smh

Oh, she was thinking, she's gon be his wife because she stood with him, when he had nothing....automatically?

I think you girls should start reading dangote's biography, his first wife was never in picture!
And who told you dangote was a broke guy in his youth days... Make use of google and read more about dangote's biography.... The grandpa was the african richest as at year 1995, so my dear brother you can cite another example, mayb "daddy yo would be a better option, thank you...
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by sosa993: 2:39pm On Jul 25, 2017
see all I can say is she should try and move on. it's no big deal. not all relationship would end in marriage, for now she shouldn't jump into any relationship, whether with Rich guy or poor. let her develop herself, improve herself in every way possible.after that she can date, not just with her heart, but her head too.

let her just forget about him. shit happens, life goes on
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Gegz(m): 2:40pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

okay...try and read to see what happened

Read
But the guy dinor try lass lass sha.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2017
Having survived a scenario I will say that there is no broke guy or rich guy what do you have a man who may or may not understand the basics of a functioning relationship. We are here to build each other not tear each other apart . Most are with you just out to satisfy themselves so they may not really understand what it's like to meet someone who actually helps your destiny move forward.

People may forget who you are what you sound like what you look like but they can never forget or even try to downplay what you do that makes you unique as a woman.

If you can't leave anyone's life better off then you met them then you do not and you cannot stand up for love but you can continue fooling yourselves that what your doing is love tho

I didn't set out to date a broke guy it just happened where you put all status aside to love someone deeply but when they start taking advantage and demanding more than necessary you have a right as a woman to pull back an access the situation.

He is not a child so he has to be accountable for the decisions he makes and not be reckless with your own funds too... you will become an enemy of the state but trust me it's better to help those who actually realize it not those who expect it anyway the right man will recognize his wife by her strength not her skin tone
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by enoch273: 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:
Ithappened to two of my friends but lem me talk about one..

Their relationship started this time last 5years. When this my girlfriend was just in her under 20's. So this guy came to her when he had nothing. Though it took this my gf time to actually accept him. Then I would advice her to at least date when she turns 20 at least to know a lot about relationship but due to her love for the guy she accepted him.

Then the guy graduated from university and luckily for him he went for his NYSC shortly when my gf accepted his proposal.. Then this guy would visit her without giving her anything, they were loved up and she was cool with it..she loved him so much that nothing about him pisses her off..

hmmm, so many times this my gf would go to visit him but because he doesn't have money she would transport herself...the guy then loved her.. Maybe because he was still broke.. I would then ask this bae if she cheats on him but she would say no, even to the extend that she doesn't club or do any social stuff because of his guy, she prays and encouraged him.

Fast forward to this time last year, the guy started making money ..bought cars and started building ..he has many investments.

Just last two months she called and was crying that the guy had broken up with her and I was like ...please calm down and tell me what transpired. .she said that the guy chatted her up to tell her that he likes light skinned ladies...and that he doesn't love her enough to marry her because of her skin colour..

I called the supposed bf and the guy was actually telling me he Will cheat on her if he eventually marries her...but this bae suffered with him all this while for 4years and he didn't notice her dark colour until he started making money.

That dude is just USELESS though there are two sides to a story

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by GoldNiagara(m): 2:43pm On Jul 25, 2017
Dating a guy that is in school does not mean the guy is broke, he was not working so has not started earning, why do ladies see relationship like they are doing guys some kind of favour.

Stop seeing guys as short cut to conformtable living. Op emphasized the guy has landed, bought cars and building houses, if the guy had caught HIV virus and the girl walked away, the guy no go complain. Long n short the story just does not add up .

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Ejomax77(m): 2:45pm On Jul 25, 2017
I have one question... Did the guy promise her marriage?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by vicben27(m): 2:47pm On Jul 25, 2017
rosalieene:
I see some biased judgement.

It was this kinda scenario that made Toke makinwa to bleach her skin, today what happened?

If you decide to date a comfy dude, they will complain and call you are a gold digger.

if you decide to stand by a man, the possibility of him ending up with you is 50-50.

Empower yourself as a lady, don't give in too much in a relationship and don't expect much.

Going by experience and others experience, I don't blame those who say "do not put all ur eggs in one basket " I have come to realize that 80% of those who follow this rule always have the last laugh.
na una toto go suffer am nw! nt putin all ur eggs in one basket u said. a man knws, wat. he want frm day one! his words, action and level of commitment wil tell. about keepin multiple relationships in d name of putin ur eggs in many basket is simple "Oloshorism" lets stop decieving ourself
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by y3mi(m): 2:51pm On Jul 25, 2017
MissRaine69:

Ok I will wait right here.
Ha! Sorry for keeping you waiting Damsel, I dozzed off ni o!. I've modified the post with my response to the OP. Just click HERE to jump straight there. I hadn't forseen this topic could make frontpage.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by passey: 2:59pm On Jul 25, 2017
Recharge card beggars calling people broke...
It makes me want to ask, how many ladies are really not broke?
Everything is broke, broke, broke... as if being broke is dependent on gender!
Both genders can be broke, unfaithful and all shades of bad.
You can have, do and be whatever and whoever you want to be without pegging your life and happiness on any other gender and the achievement or otherwise, of another person.
Just work hard and decide who you want for a companion...
Don't just go broke this, broke that like a broken record!
Unfortunately, this is the only country on earth where the stereotype "Broke" exists... mtcheew
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by jfleece(m): 3:00pm On Jul 25, 2017
Am a guy, the guy was quite mean Sha..
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by ehilex(m): 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2017
So many things went wrong in entire time just that your girlfriend didn't notice. As bad as it may be, that is not the end of life. A whole four years gone, is he a degree program? Ladies still remain the number one catalyst that quickens decision for marriage in relationships. She didn't play well, and who says you need 100million to get married. She should have seen the signs earlier on. You never can tell, she could have possessed a character trait the guy didnt like. Dark or fair men has no best preference complexion-wise. Which fool will leave a dark beautify, God fearing, caring and homily lady for a fair gold digging biatch?

Send her my words, it hurts. Get this lesson to her:
https://maxlovemessages.com.ng/men-woman-avoid/

The 5 worst types of men every woman should avoid (Considering Relationship)
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by MONITZ: 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2017
hmm.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by trumpclinton247: 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2017
rosalieene:

what I do ooo
why should you look so beautiful ?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Asidiq23(m): 3:08pm On Jul 25, 2017
crismark:

From d way u talk u re sounding like all dis liability kind of girlfriend.. So d guy should give her moni anytime he visits or he should give her transport moni anytime she wants to visit him...BTW tell dat ur friend she should tell u d real reason she was dumped...men don't dump good women.
Oga,gbabge o, some men dumb good women o, na so for women too.. It work in both ways

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Hints At Being In A New Relationship (Photos) / She Used Me And Dumped Me / Lagos Babe Scams Guy She Met On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.