Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich (33384 Views)

Top 10 Signs A Nigerian Man Wants To Marry You / I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. / "I Will Marry You" - Oyinbo Man Tells Busty Nigerian Lady Frying Puff Puf Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by jaksmillioniar: 8:46pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

since when is it bad to give a girl that visits you tfare??Nigeria mentality.....get out my mention if what you have to spew this night is nothing but a stale pap
if I giv u money will u giv me dat tin btw ur leg cos life is give and take
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Lsofdk(m): 8:47pm On Jul 25, 2017
Mariinee:
We popping bottles tongue

Howdy,partner?
And you didn't invite your partner undecided

I've been good, and you?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Aleora(f): 8:55pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:
Ithappened to two of my friends but lem me talk about one..

Their relationship started this time last 5years. When this my girlfriend was just in her under 20's. So this guy came to her when he had nothing. Though it took this my gf time to actually accept him. Then I would advice her to at least date when she turns 20 at least to know a lot about relationship but due to her love for the guy she accepted him.

Then the guy graduated from university and luckily for him he went for his NYSC shortly when my gf accepted his proposal.. Then this guy would visit her without giving her anything, they were loved up and she was cool with it..she loved him so much that nothing about him pisses her off..

hmmm, so many times this my gf would go to visit him but because he doesn't have money she would transport herself...the guy then loved her.. Maybe because he was still broke.. I would then ask this bae if she cheats on him but she would say no, even to the extend that she doesn't club or do any social stuff because of his guy, she prays and encouraged him.

Fast forward to this time last year, the guy started making money ..bought cars and started building ..he has many investments.

Just last two months she called and was crying that the guy had broken up with her and I was like ...please calm down and tell me what transpired. .she said that the guy chatted her up to tell her that he likes light skinned ladies...and that he doesn't love her enough to marry her because of her skin colour..

I called the supposed bf and the guy was actually telling me he Will cheat on her if he eventually marries her...but this bae suffered with him all this while for 4years and he didn't notice her dark colour until he started making money.
I dey always talk am.say na wen dem no get money dem dey always form lovey love.....thats y every lady should work hard so that no guy will say if not for me.............
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Aleora(f): 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2017
olagbemi118:
Another nollywood script...na big fat lie be this one. What guy sees a good gal & leaves her cos of skin colour? OP, fear God oooo
u cant be so sure
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:08pm On Jul 25, 2017
[quote author=pweetiedee post=58822542]

Shut up, fool.

Did the op even say they had sex?

I'm sure when you are ready to marry, u will just a pick a girl up from the street and marry her. No dating.

GOD BLESS YOU FOR CALLING ME A FOOL. YOUR RESEARCH IS TO LEARN HOW TO INSULT PEOPLE? GOOD FOR YOU.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 25, 2017
davidif:

Tfare? You chose to come visit him didn't you?

And no I dont get out of your mentions. This is a public forum so I can say whatever I want. If you don't like it, sue me.
see this stupid boy. .you think I have time for your silly rants??...biko i have better things to achieve
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by davidif: 9:41pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

see this stupid boy. .you think I have time for your silly rants??...biko i have better things to achieve

Stupid? Is that the best you can come up with? Hahahahahaha

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by NCCnomzy(m): 9:51pm On Jul 25, 2017
d babe has cheated Donkey Times d Guy was just saving d best time to Ex her. Ask Ur Frnd did Real Gist.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by NCCnomzy(m): 9:51pm On Jul 25, 2017
d babe has cheated Donkey Times d Guy was just saving d best time to Ex her. Ask Ur Frnd d Real Gist.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by NCCnomzy(m): 9:52pm On Jul 25, 2017
d babe has cheated Donkey Times d Guy was just saving d best time to Ex her. Ask Ur Frnd d Real Gist.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by starmehigh: 9:54pm On Jul 25, 2017
crismark:

From d way u talk u re sounding like all dis liability kind of girlfriend.. So d guy should give her moni anytime he visits or he should give her transport moni anytime she wants to visit him...BTW tell dat ur friend she should tell u d real reason she was dumped...men don't dump good women.
I was waiting for someone to point those things out.. buy her gift when he visits or give her transport when she wants to visit, what kind of mindset is that fcvk women who think like that.. take note OP
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

Their relationship started this time last 5years. When this my girlfriend was just in her under 20's. So this guy came to her when he had nothing. Though it took this my gf time to actually accept him. Then I would advice her to at least date when she turns 20 at least to know a lot about relationship but due to her love for the guy she accepted him.

Then the guy graduated from university and luckily for him he went for his NYSC shortly when my gf accepted his proposal.. Then this guy would visit her without giving her anything, they were loved up and she was cool with it..she loved him so much that nothing about him pisses her off..

hmmm, so many times this my gf would go to visit him but because he doesn't have money she would transport herself...the guy then loved her.. Maybe because he was still broke.. I would then ask this bae if she cheats on him but she would say no, even to the extend that she doesn't club or do any social stuff because of his guy, she prays and encouraged him.

Fast forward to this time last year, the guy started making money ..bought cars and started building ..he has many investments.

Just last two months she called and was crying that the guy had broken up with her and I was like ...please calm down and tell me what transpired. .she said that the guy chatted her up to tell her that he likes light skinned ladies...and that he doesn't love her enough to marry her because of her skin colour..

I called the supposed bf and the guy was actually telling me he Will cheat on her if he eventually marries her...but this bae suffered with him all this while for 4years and he didn't notice her dark colour until he started making money.
my sister
People change with wealth or money
You have to understand this is not peculiar to broke guys
Some ladies sometimes drop their men, the moment they spot the advances of a rich guy

The idea that a broke guy is a different specie or human being is wrong
It is the same perceprion that some rich people have that poor people are slowpoke
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by petitejolie(f): 10:10pm On Jul 25, 2017
lol! fellow broke guys will still find a way to bail him out. but hey! he's no longer on same level o. they said he has cars and investments now o.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by LordAdam16: 11:00pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

I always look forward to seeing your post..and you have never disappointed in any way..thanks for this,,I'm your fan

You're welcome dear.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by dammysel(f): 11:08pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

sorry about that dear

Thanks dear
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by micxwell(m): 11:18pm On Jul 25, 2017
pocohantas:
The things you should have in mind when dating a broke guy is...

You're not doing him a favour...That he is broke doesn't make him a less human or privileged to have you. That you're with him means there is something you prioritised above finance, something that appeals to you. So, you're not as 'nice' as you think. The way you're singing how your friend didn't collect money, so?

With money or education comes a change in taste and perception ... This one makes me believe your story. When you have money, you begin to wonder how somethings and people appealed to you. That's the truth. I know a man who gave his wife money to bleach when he became rich...

Humans are selfish...The average human would step on toes to satisfy himself, that includes when choosing a partner. With money, comes more choices...don't be surprised if he puts his long term happiness over your supposed loyalty.

Some of you spend so much time encouraging and developing him than yourselves ... You are always praying and encouraging him, when do you make out time to pray and encourage yourself? Remember with money comes change in taste. When he hammers and becomes digital, you're still analog... You didn't develop yourself in anyway, probably waiting for him to get rich, so una fit enjoy. His innate human selfishness might begin to manifest.

You're not indispensable ...Some women think because they supported a guy in whatever way they think, he owes them his life. Yes, one good turn deserves another...but don't rub it in his face.

Always help because you wanna help...not always because you want something in return...being marriage. It's only human you thing longterm, life thinks different sometimes.
Didn't regret following you... Nice
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by micxwell(m): 12:10am On Jul 26, 2017
pweetiedee:

I'm sure she didn't do anything. That was how my friends bf left her saying she had no hips!

I'm serious, I was just laughing when she told me.

Some guys are actually lame.
cheesy It is well
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by micxwell(m): 12:25am On Jul 26, 2017
Sierusvirus:

Bro, I had in mind to clear the word BROKE as regards to male and female but decided to read through before seeing your post.
Assessing a male and female, who are broke. Both are broke unless acquired inheritance but let's assess after University, using the population, we have more of females than Males at ratio 10:1.
If one guy is broke that means 10 females are into poverty broke condition, if 10,000 guys are broke means 100,000 girls .
Shocked hearing broke girls saying they can't date a broke guy. [b]That guy referred to as broke are more buoyant than them ooo[b]. I just observed that they like talking to get attention which is in their nature.....
Before you call somebody broke, do assess yourself very well to know if you are better ( Not sleeping around with man to get money but earning your money for working or handwork) then you can speak, apart from that, put yourself or house in order
True....
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Rozaytee: 12:28am On Jul 26, 2017
Help me tell dem oooo...infact ladies stay off broke men of dis century...cus some u struggle wit wont end up marrying u..stay wit some one who has a good source of income..while u too have ur own money....avoid broke men please...#period!
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by blackcoffee(m): 2:47am On Jul 26, 2017
Relationship is a risky partnership with an unpredictable ending.

Know this and live your life accordingly.

Sometimes we invite heart break due to expectations
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Thisnut(m): 3:32am On Jul 26, 2017
sekxy:
[s]Ithappened to two of my friends but lem me talk about one..

I called the supposed bf and the guy was actually telling me he Will cheat on her if he eventually marries her...but this bae suffered with him all this while for 4years and he didn't notice her dark colour until he started making money[/s].
Because she dated a guy when he was broke means the guy is obligated to marry her?RUBBISH!

Nigerian girls and claiming ownership over a guy. As if she was the person who gave the dude the job. You did not mention how the guy will use his last money to give your friend some treat while he just drink water in the restaurant or eat the onions in the barbecue while your friend eats the meat and when your friend will say no sex until he gives her money for hair and when she tells him that she was just managing the guy as a boyfriend.

In all you wrote, there was no indication of the girl adding anything to elevate the dude's financial situation, all she did was probably spreading her legs wide to divert the poor boy's attention from using his brain to make hey. The truth is most guy who re not financially strong will can endure in an abusive relationship because they have no other where to run to, hence they just pray for God to pick their call. Once money falls on them , they do the needful and they something better. Same instance of managing a car that always gives headache, tell me you will not change the car when you do have option for a better ride. Driving that car for 4years does not mean you like it , but you can not afford to get something better at that time.{not trying to compare car with human}

The worst thing anyone can ever do is marrying someone outta pity

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Gideongreat(m): 4:47am On Jul 26, 2017
[quote author=Kondomatic post=58803022]No guy leaves a GOOD woman who stood by him when he was poor.

Lemme Highlight Some Things.

1. Dating a broke guy doesn't mean you are a good woman

2. Dating a broke guy and building a future with a broke guy are not the same

3. Dating a guy because you've looked into his future and seen that he will turn out great is not love, dating, support or whatever you girls take it to be. It is an investment into his blessing with nothing and every investor losses.

4. If you date a guy when he was broke but didn't invest in him or support him(and prayer isn't the support I am talking about here, his mama prayers for him even in sleep) , he owe you nothing and can break up with you anytime

5. Dating a broke guy is like sponsoring a lady's education when she is not married to you, they come back with another guy instead of certificate most times.

The most sensible comment today grin
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by HayZee06(m): 7:29am On Jul 26, 2017
kennykendo:

the nature of humans is to tell the world what someone did to them, without saying what they did forgetting that action breeds reaction
God bless you! Spot on.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by moriss2(m): 7:52am On Jul 26, 2017
[quote author=sekxy post=58803441]
the guy actually confirms that the lady was too good for him..but his problem is that he is attracted to fair ladies...he told me that the lady was so nice to him that he feels bad whenever he wants to flirt........just that good ladies end up with bad guys
the guy actually confirms that the lady was too good for him..but his problem is that he is attracted to fair ladies...he told me that the lady was so nice to him that he feels bad whenever he wants to flirt........just that good ladies end up with bad guys
I have a big bro who dated his girl for 15 year,at the end he married her and he told me the reason,he told me that the girl was his strength at the broke stage of his life.she was always courageous to his and mostly respect him so much
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by freebrowsingtime: 8:31am On Jul 26, 2017
VargasVee:
No pun intended, but this sounds like a load of Bullshiit.

She's not light-skinned?

Lamest reason I ever heard, Or he didn't see her before when he was broke?

Ask Your friend, she is yet to tell you what she did.

Been Idiotic is hard. She even called the guy and the guy confirmed it. Now you're saying she should go ask her friend what?
Sometimes people mentality threatens Earth
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by toprealman: 8:47am On Jul 26, 2017
VargasVee:
No pun intended, but this sounds like a load of Bullshiit.

She's not light-skinned?

Lamest reason I ever heard, Or he didn't see her before when he was broke?

Ask Your friend, she is yet to tell you what she did.
Desirability and availability theory applies. Money brings out the real person. Bone super story......
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by newslifeop: 9:08am On Jul 26, 2017
Struggle with him
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by OsamaBinPaul: 9:47am On Jul 26, 2017
This story get as e b, I know one girl my brother was dating in his poverty days. My brother loved this girl and d girl too was very supportive even financially, but then my brother noticed things in dis girl, this girl never takes to correction, when my brother calls her attention to some things she would say my brother complain too much, at a time he stopped talking to my brother when she travels back home and my brother would wonder why but anytime he wants to ask why dis girl will say my brother complain too much, now if my brother don't end up with her now people will say he dump her.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by NaeChris: 11:42am On Jul 26, 2017
sekxy:

No be una say ''behind a successfull man, there is a woman'', why are you now runing away from your duty?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Ugosample(m): 4:17pm On Jul 26, 2017
cyrilfosy:
reason why alot of guys don't marry the girl they were dating when they were broke:

a broke guy will take all the shit from her because he doesn't have money to start a new relationship. even if she's cheating on him and he knows he wouldn't wanna let her go especially if the girl doesn't demand anything from him.
ladies don't give 100% respect to a guy especially if he's broke.
in all this the guy will just keep quit and bear waiting till he will arrive. then show the girl who's the man.
note: no man will leave a woman that was 100% loyal and loving to him when he was struggling. so ladies should stop all this rubbish of he dump me after I have suffered with him

This is SO TRUE.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by davidif: 11:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
Nnemuka:
Broke guys are good in one thing which is sex, that is all they can offer.
Stay because of the sex but if you expect him to marry you, nne you are on a long thing.

My goodness! All this "broke this, broke that" nonsense nigerians like saying is really amusing and absurd at the same time. It's like a beggar boasting to his fellow beggars that he got the biggest crumbs. In case you didn't know, Nigeria is ranked as one of the poorest nations in the world with over 60% of the population live on less than $ 2.00 dollars a day yet you would see Nigerians bragging and looking down on other Nigerians who are less fortunate than they are and call them "broke" when they themselves are either just as "broke" or just marginally well off. It's like someone making 4 dollars a day looking down on someone making 2 dollars a day. It's so ridiculous it's not even funny. Talk about ignorance, vanity, elitism and snobbery mixed up together.

In developed countries like the US you hardly hear the white folks make fun of people because of their socio economic status but its amongst the blacks that the mentality is prevalent. Not to talk of Nigeria, one of the poorest nations in the world where the majority is wallowing in poverty another person would come and be looking down on his fellow man in the struggle and calling them broke just because he managed to get in line ahead of his colleagues this time to get crumbs that fall from the table. Animal kingdom mentality at its worst. Humble yourself before circumstances humble you.

On another note, with all this fascination about "broke guys" why don't we hear topics about broke girls? Why must it be the guy that people refer to as broke? I hardly come on here and hear anything about broke females, it's always the guy. As if the economic situation in this country is different for men and women. Are they not all in the same boat? Abi this your so called female friend is rich herself?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by davidif: 11:22pm On Jul 26, 2017
pocohantas:
The things you should have in mind when dating a broke guy is...

You're not doing him a favour...That he is broke doesn't make him a less human or privileged to have you. That you're with him means there is something you prioritised above finance, something that appeals to you. So, you're not as 'nice' as you think. The way you're singing how your friend didn't collect money, so?

With money or education comes a change in taste and perception ... This one makes me believe your story. When you have money, you begin to wonder how somethings and people appealed to you. That's the truth. I know a man who gave his wife money to bleach when he became rich...

Humans are selfish...The average human would step on toes to satisfy himself, that includes when choosing a partner. With money, comes more choices...don't be surprised if he puts his long term happiness over your supposed loyalty.

Some of you spend so much time encouraging and developing him than yourselves ... You are always praying and encouraging him, when do you make out time to pray and encourage yourself? Remember with money comes change in taste. When he hammers and becomes digital, you're still analog... You didn't develop yourself in anyway, probably waiting for him to get rich, so una fit enjoy. His innate human selfishness might begin to manifest.

You're not indispensable ...Some women think because they supported a guy in whatever way they think, he owes them his life. Yes, one good turn deserves another...but don't rub it in his face.

Always help because you wanna help...not always because you want something in return...being marriage. It's only human you thing longterm, life thinks different sometimes.

My goodness! All this "broke this, broke that" nonsense nigerians like saying is really amusing and absurd at the same time. It's like a beggar boasting to his fellow beggars that he got the biggest crumbs. In case you didn't know, Nigeria is ranked as one of the poorest nations in the world with over 60% of the population live on less than $ 2.00 dollars a day yet you would see Nigerians bragging and looking down on other Nigerians who are less fortunate than they are and call them "broke" when they themselves are either just as "broke" or just marginally well off. It's like someone making 4 dollars a day looking down on someone making 2 dollars a day. It's so ridiculous it's not even funny. Talk about ignorance, vanity, elitism and snobbery mixed up together.

In developed countries like the US you hardly hear the white folks make fun of people because of their socio economic status but its amongst the blacks that the mentality is prevalent. Not to talk of Nigeria, one of the poorest nations in the world where the majority is wallowing in poverty another person would come and be looking down on his fellow man in the struggle and calling them broke just because he managed to get in line ahead of his colleagues this time to get crumbs that fall from the table. Animal kingdom mentality at its worst. Humble yourself before circumstances humble you.

On another note, with all this fascination about "broke guys" why don't we hear topics about broke girls? Why must it be the guy that people refer to as broke? I hardly come on here and hear anything about broke females, it's always the guy. As if the economic situation in this country is different for men and women. Are they not all in the same boat?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Your Boyfriend Is Not Your Husband! / When Your Ex Is More Available Than Your Incumbent / My Boyfriend Hit Me...should I Forgive Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.