Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,394 members, 7,781,132 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:30 AM

Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich (33299 Views)

Top 10 Signs A Nigerian Man Wants To Marry You / I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. / "I Will Marry You" - Oyinbo Man Tells Busty Nigerian Lady Frying Puff Puf Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by davidif: 11:25pm On Jul 26, 2017
okenwaa:
OP na waooo....dating a guy is dating a guy
Nothing like broke and rich guy..
If he'll marry u,he'll marry u................whether broke or rich

Gbam!!!! I can't understand all this "broke this, broke that" nonsense that some nigerians like saying. Its really amusing and absurd at the same time. Its as if so called "broke" people are a different species or something. Watching some Nigerians calling their fellow Nigerians broke is like a beggar looking down on another beggar because he got the biggest crumbs today. In case most Nigerians didn't know, Nigeria is ranked as one of the poorest nations in the world with over 60% of the population live on less than $ 2.00 dollars a day yet you would see Nigerians bragging and looking down on other Nigerians who are less fortunate than they are and call them "broke" when they themselves are either just as "broke" or just marginally well off. It's like someone making 4 dollars a day looking down on someone making 2 dollars a day. It's so ridiculous it's not even funny. Talk about ignorance, vanity, elitism and snobbery mixed up together.

In developed countries like the US you hardly hear the white folks make fun of people because of their socio economic status but its amongst the blacks that the mentality is prevalent. Not to talk of Nigeria, one of the poorest nations in the world where the majority is wallowing in poverty another person would come and be looking down on his fellow man in the struggle and calling them broke just because he managed to get in line ahead of his colleagues this time to get crumbs that fall from the table. Animal kingdom mentality at its worst. Humble yourself before circumstances humble you.

On another note, with all this fascination about "broke guys" why don't we hear topics about broke girls? Why must it be the guy that people refer to as broke? I hardly come on here and hear anything about broke females, it's always the guy. As if the economic situation in this country is different for men and women. Are they not all in the same boat?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by okenwaa(m): 11:33pm On Jul 26, 2017
davidif:

Gbam!!!! I can't understand all this "broke this, broke that" nonsense that some nigerians like saying. Its really amusing and absurd at the same time. Its as if so called "broke" people are a different species or something. Watching some Nigerians calling their fellow Nigerians broke is like a beggar looking down on another beggar because he got the biggest crumbs today. In case most Nigerians didn't know, Nigeria is ranked as one of the poorest nations in the world with over 60% of the population live on less than $ 2.00 dollars a day yet you would see Nigerians bragging and looking down on other Nigerians who are less fortunate than they are and call them "broke" when they themselves are either just as "broke" or just marginally well off. It's like someone making 4 dollars a day looking down on someone making 2 dollars a day. It's so ridiculous it's not even funny. Talk about ignorance, vanity, elitism and snobbery mixed up together.

In developed countries like the US you hardly hear the white folks make fun of people because of their socio economic status but its amongst the blacks that the mentality is prevalent. Not to talk of Nigeria, one of the poorest nations in the world where the majority is wallowing in poverty another person would come and be looking down on his fellow man in the struggle and calling them broke just because he managed to get in line ahead of his colleagues this time to get crumbs that fall from the table. Animal kingdom mentality at its worst. Humble yourself before circumstances humble you.

On another note, with all this fascination about "broke guys" why don't we hear topics about broke girls? Why must it be the guy that people refer to as broke? I hardly come on here and hear anything about broke females, it's always the guy. As if the economic situation in this country is different for men and women. Are they not all in the same boat? Abi this your so called female friend is rich herself?

My brother I wonder oooo
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by pocohantas(f): 11:00am On Jul 27, 2017
davidif:

On another note, with all this fascination about "broke guys" why don't we hear topics about broke girls? Why must it be the guy that people refer to as broke? I hardly come on here and hear anything about broke females, it's always the guy. As if the economic situation in this country is different for men and women. Are they not all in the same boat?
It's the same reason we hardly hear of promiscuous guys. It's always the girls... double standards.

I agree with every other thing you said and I have said it severally that reality is different on NL. Just like you, I am very aware the poverty and dependency rate is very high in Nigeria. Yet, very guy on NL is rich and spending 'bastardly' on his gf. Gets me wondering why the obsession and anger over broke guys topic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by mikolo80: 1:41pm On Jul 28, 2017
sekxy:
Ithappened to two of my friends but lem me talk about one..

Their relationship started this time last 5years. When this my girlfriend was just in her under 20's. So this guy came to her when he had nothing. Though it took this my gf time to actually accept him. Then I would advice her to at least date when she turns 20 at least to know a lot about relationship but due to her love for the guy she accepted him.

Then the guy graduated from university and luckily for him he went for his NYSC shortly when my gf accepted his proposal.. Then this guy would visit her without giving her anything, they were loved up and she was cool with it..she loved him so much that nothing about him pisses her off..

hmmm, so many times this my gf would go to visit him but because he doesn't have money she would transport herself...the guy then loved her.. Maybe because he was still broke.. I would then ask this bae if she cheats on him but she would say no, even to the extend that she doesn't club or do any social stuff because of his guy, she prays and encouraged him.

Fast forward to this time last year, the guy started making money ..bought cars and started building ..he has many investments.

Just last two months she called and was crying that the guy had broken up with her and I was like ...please calm down and tell me what transpired. .she said that the guy chatted her up to tell her that he likes light skinned ladies...and that he doesn't love her enough to marry her because of her skin colour..

I called the supposed bf and the guy was actually telling me he Will cheat on her if he eventually marries her...but this bae suffered with him all this while for 4years and he didn't notice her dark colour until he started making money.
good for her. was she blind when walking on the road or watching TV. she would've noticed that he liked light skin girls. but at least she a free woman. you, na slave you go be Shebi moni na your problem. longer throat don't worry mercy aigbe treatment fall on you
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by fumisko(f): 2:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
My first love

Are there really good men in this world? Sure there are...men that are true, just, honest. Men who stick closer than even a brother and are just absolutely on point...lol.

Abisha was one of this in so many ways. Abisha was tall, fair and handsome. He was also emotionally healthy and was way balanced on the inside and outside that I just couldn't resist him...well I have tried way over seven (7) months to resist him. I had friend zoned him and place him on a 9 on the dreaded friend-zone scale of 0 to 10. I just wasn't ready for relationships as I had wanted the first man I ever dated to be the one I ended up with. So Him talking love/ dating was something I wasn't ready to get myself entangled in. Besides, he was way way older than me and that was supposed to be my perfect excuse...lol.

Anyways, the attraction between Abisha and I isn't really the main subject of this post but the man Abisha was in the healthy part of our relationship. Abisha was a man greatly invested in building up his little girl. He was a man that taught
me so many principles on being a better me. He taught me to play, to talk and be in charge of myself and emotions (the list actually goes on).

I remember this guy was there to check about 90% of every assignments I ever submitted in school, make necessary corrections and email it back to me before I submitted.

Abisha also taught me how to control my emotions and maturely handle differences. I remember practical cases where Abisha taught me the act of "talking" out dislikes, offenses and not dramatizing or nagging the normal way most ladies do. It was literally a more stress-free, fun, unique and amazing way of handling differences to which I am grateful to God I learnt early enough.

From Abisha I learnt how to care deeply for someone I love and also learnt the act of trust. ( yea...I was in a relationship but had 0.00% level of trust). Abisha also taught me "the act of compromise" and the "lets meet at the middle strategy" that makes all relationship work.

True...I was tough, inflexible and practically suck with some of my own childish ways of doing things(let me spare you some of those funny details) but then I was also stuck with someone who did not give up on improving me in the best way he could and while he could.

But then, what could have spoilt this true love story anyone would ever dream of having?
Was it my fault or his fault?

http://diaryofalovergirl..com.ng
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Ugosample(m): 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2017
davidif:

My goodness! All this "broke this, broke that" nonsense nigerians like saying is really amusing and absurd at the same time. It's like a beggar boasting to his fellow beggars that he got the biggest crumbs. In case you didn't know, Nigeria is ranked as one of the poorest nations in the world with over 60% of the population live on less than $ 2.00 dollars a day yet you would see Nigerians bragging and looking down on other Nigerians who are less fortunate than they are and call them "broke" when they themselves are either just as "broke" or just marginally well off. It's like someone making 4 dollars a day looking down on someone making 2 dollars a day. It's so ridiculous it's not even funny. Talk about ignorance, vanity, elitism and snobbery mixed up together.

You have a point tho
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Blecool(f): 2:44pm On Sep 12, 2017
Feel really sorry for her... Broke guys can be really loyal,and can make u love them ehn... Who they epp sef? Can never date a broke guy again in my life. If u dnt have 30billion in ur account,count me out.... Nobody shd quote me please,i'm nt feeling fine
Re: Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich by Thazard(m): 11:33pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kondomatic:
No guy leaves a GOOD woman who stood by him when he was poor.

Lemme Highlight Some Things.

1. Dating a broke guy doesn't mean you are a good woman

2. Dating a broke guy and building a future with a broke guy are not the same

3. Dating a guy because you've looked into his future and seen that he will turn out great is not love, dating, support or whatever you girls take it to be. It is an investment into his blessing with nothing and every investor losses.

4. If you date a guy when he was broke but didn't invest in him or support him(and prayer isn't the support I am talking about here, his mama prayers for him even in sleep) , he owe you nothing and can break up with you anytime

5. Dating a broke guy is like sponsoring a lady's education when she is not married to you, they come back with another guy instead of certificate most times.
Lol Naija guys always change the subject in favour of Guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Hints At Being In A New Relationship (Photos) / She Used Me And Dumped Me / Lagos Babe Scams Guy She Met On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.