Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person (3898 Views)

Qualities Of A Girl Who Never Truly Loved You / I Played On Him And Loved Someone Else, Now He Is Gone. I Wish To Have Him Back. / Have You Ever Loved Someone Who Didn't Love You Back ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by H2O2: 2:55pm On Feb 07, 2010
Is it true? or does love eventually die after a breakup?

I'm curious.
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by lizzybabe1(f): 3:08pm On Feb 07, 2010
Yes, it does eventually die with time. Haven't you ever experienced it before?
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by H2O2: 3:16pm On Feb 07, 2010
Nope, I don't know much about love  cheesy .
I think if it was truly love there would be lingering feelings. lol

The love can be bottled up and hidden, never revisited, etc. To unlove? I don't know.
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 07, 2010
@ poster

I am surprised a bit*ch like you could come up with a topic like this. Was your ugly arse dumped by a girl you loved so much?

If you were, whatever.
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by H2O2: 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2010
@bitchelin
your mother is the bi*tch for birthing a brainless dweeb of a bi*tch like your ugly cumswallowing a%s.
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 07, 2010
H2O2:

@bitchelin
your mother is the bi*tch for birthing a brainless dweeb of a bi*tch like your ugly cumswallowing a%s.

Shut the fu*ck up. I am not crying like a pus*sy like you on NL. You are a bi*tch
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by lizzybabe1(f): 3:23pm On Feb 07, 2010
Guys, take it easy o. No fight.

H2O2:

Nope, I don't know much about love  cheesy .
I think if it was truly love there would be lingering feelings. lol

The love can be bottled up and hidden, never revisited, etc. To unlove? I don't know.

Well, for me, no lingering feelings of any kind. Infact it could even get to a stage where I'll be thanking God I'm no longer with the person because otherwise, I would never have discovered this new person who is making me go gaga.  grin grin
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by H2O2: 3:26pm On Feb 07, 2010
michelin89:

Shut the fu*ck up. I am not crying like a pus*sy like you on NL. You are a bi*tch
Your good for nothing daddy should have sucker-punched your mommy in the belly when he found out she was pregnant with your bast*ard as%.  Useless cretin.  Crying ko fretting ni.  Lame whorre.
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 07, 2010
H2O2:

Your good for nothing daddy should have sucker-punched your mommy in the belly when he found out she was pregnant with your naughty person as%.  Useless cretin.  Crying ko fretting ni. Lame whorre.

Whatever pu*ssy bi*tch. tongue
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 07, 2010
yes I believe if you truly loved someone, you will always love that person. even if the person
do not exist anymore, there will always be in flame in your heart that burn for that person. am talking about
real real love here which is very rare but very possible.
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by H2O2: 3:30pm On Feb 07, 2010
lizzybabe1:

Guys, take it easy o. No fight.

Well, for me, no lingering feelings of any kind. Infact it could even get to a stage where I'll be thanking God I'm no longer with the person because otherwise, I would never have discovered this new person who is making me go gaga.  grin grin
Okay, so even with him gone there's no space reserved for him permanently in your heart?
I feel you.

michelin89:

Whatever pu*ssy bi*tch. tongue

Lick my salty balls you grotesque b%tch
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by H2O2: 3:31pm On Feb 07, 2010
rokiatu:

yes I believe if you truly loved someone, you will always love that person. even if the person
do not exist anymore, there will always be in flame in your heart that burn for that person. am talking about
real real love here which is very rare but very possible.
I thought as much.  But lizzy disagrees with me. She believes the burning flame will be evicted and fumigated.
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by amuki: 3:33pm On Feb 07, 2010
*peeps,sees curses flies away*
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 07, 2010
michelin89:

@ poster

I am surprised a bit*ch like you could come up with a topic like this. Was your ugly arse dumped by a girl you loved so much?

If you were, whatever.

Michelin!! Why are you getting personal on here?
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2010
Siena:

It's tiit for taat. grin
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by H2O2: 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2010
Siena:

Because I'm her worst nightmare. I've been a ruffian and a bully to the bi%tch and she hates me for it. I hope her hatred intensifies, and she can kick rocks till she kicks the bucket.
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 07, 2010
H2O2:

Because I'm her worst nightmare. I've been a ruffian and a bully to the bi%tch and she hates me for it. I hope her hatred intensifies, and she can kick rocks till she kicks the bucket.

Yet he calls himself a human being. -.-"
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 07, 2010
H2O2:

I thought as much.  But lizzy disagrees with me. She believes the burning flame will be evicted and fumigated.
only when the love is not strong enough
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 07, 2010
@poster
i completely disagree!
there is a reason for being in love with someone. . . . . what you share with him, the relation you have, the physical/emotional connection, seeing him everyday etc. when you break up, you will still have the same feelings for that person but with time being away from each other not sharing anything, the love will slowly fades away (and thats if you have parted amicably).

also if your loved one had s e x  with your bestfriend, believe me, that love will quickly turn into hatred.

a person who broke up with you and still loves you 10yrs down the line has difficulties in letting go and is mentally unstable to say the least.

i think you should have said : "if you truly loved someone, you will always CARE for that person unless they slept with your bestfriend or worse"
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by yme1(f): 6:57pm On Feb 07, 2010
that feeling is always gonna be there no matter what
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:43pm On Feb 07, 2010
Emhmm. . .wrong. . .You get over the love. . .I don't see why you should stay stuck in love with someone you can't be with.  . .that's like imprisoning oneself and limiting yourself from experiencing love with someone you can be with!
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 07, 2010
y me:

that feeling is always gonna be there no matter what

are you saying that you are still in love with ALL the guys you have ever loved?!
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by yme1(f): 7:53pm On Feb 07, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

are you saying that you are still in love with ALL the guys you have ever loved?!
nope i am not in love with them but the fact is there is still a little part of me that gets that butterfly feeling
btw i dont fall in love it just doesnt work for me
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by yme1(f): 7:55pm On Feb 07, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

Emhmm. . .wrong. . .You get over the love. . .I don't see why you should stay stuck in love with someone you can't be with.  . .that's like imprisoning oneself and limiting yourself from experiencing love with someone you can be with!
imposicant i never stay stuck up in love
you are still gonna get attracted no matter what except you develop hatred for him some how
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by zugoboss(m): 7:56pm On Feb 07, 2010
H2O2:

Your good for nothing daddy should have sucker-punched your mommy in the belly when he found out she was pregnant with your bast*ard as%.  Useless cretin.  Crying ko fretting ni.  Lame whorre.

Murder was the case here.This guy dey yab o! LMAO.
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 07, 2010
y me:

nope i am not in love with them but the fact is there is still a little part of me that gets that butterfly feeling
btw i dont fall in love it just doesnt work for me

you are confusing me, first you say that "there is still a little part of me that gets that butterfly feeling" and thereafter you say "i dont fall in love it just doesnt work for me"

if you've never fell in love then how do you get these butterfly feelings, if i may ask?!
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by yme1(f): 8:22pm On Feb 07, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

you are confusing me, first you say that "there is still a little part of me that gets that butterfly feeling" and thereafter you say "i dont fall in love it just doesnt work for me"

if you've never fell in love then how do you get these butterfly feelings, if i may ask?!
vamos a ver, let me see if i can expalain this
i go into a relationship not because am in love but because i love
and yes i get butterfly feelings when am really really attracted to that special guy
the fact is i get over a guy within a short period of time no matter how much i care about him
but there is always a part of me that is always gonna treasure him no matter what (in as much as i dont hate him which has never happened)
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 07, 2010
finally we are getting somewhere. . . . . . . . . ok:

i go into a relationship not because am in love but because i love.

so if i understand you correctly, you first have to love (that person) before you get into a relationship with them?! interesting. . . .

and yes i get butterfly feelings when am really really attracted to that special guy

if these butterfly feelings aint love then why are you talking about that? dont confuse/mistake butterfly feelings with the feeling of love.  the poster is talking about love, anything else a different subject. . . . . . . .unless you are afraid to say something as simple as "yes i loved these guys".

the fact is i get over a guy within a short period of time no matter how much i care about him.

again if you"get over a guy" that easily then maybe what you had could have just been caring(like you wrote) a crush/infatuation and definitely not love. dont mistake the two, many people do.

but there is always a part of me that is always gonna treasure him no matter what (in as much as i dont hate him which has never happened)

what you described here is called CARING which is completely normal in couple that stayed close/friends.

unless a person was wrong for you or not compatible, no sane adult would turn away from true love for absolutely no reason because this love would bring such a fantastic feeling to your life (to your being) that it would be almost impossible to just walk away from it.
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by H2O2: 12:24am On Feb 08, 2010
But don't you think the reason you care is because it is somebody you loved that has hurt you?
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by Nobody: 12:41am On Feb 08, 2010
If you've got a feeling for someone and it fades with time then that feeling is not love!

You can ask those who have lost a beloved one

btw
love is like a mirage or an hallucination
it exists only when u think it does!
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by luvbooks(f): 12:55am On Feb 08, 2010
Wow . That's a deep question and one I've asked myself many times.

Whitney Houston sang  " If somebody loves you. . .  won't they always love you . . . "
But that was before she met Bobby Brown.
Wasn't it?

I think if you really loved someone, no matter how much pain the person caused you, you'd always be grateful that they came into your life, and you'd never really regret meeting them.   You might regret the circumstances that took place, and the things that happened that drove you two apart, but you know that if you had to do the same thing over again, you'd still want to meet that person cos he/ she made your life a little better just for the fact that they were there.

Or maybe I'm just being sentimental.  

With the space of distance and time, the fire of  being in love will cool to a deeper, steadier emotion which lasts for a longer time, and it comes with accepting that person, loving them for their flaws and appreciating their virtues. And that steadier emotion is what is actually love.

This is a complex question because it actually brings a lot of others with it, such as knowing what types of people you can love,  knowing when to make it work and when to let go , and figuring out whether you will choose between love and respect.

I hope I helped anyway.
Re: If You Truly Loved Someone You Will Always Love That Person by Nobody: 1:04am On Feb 08, 2010
Did you really expect me to read that long story?
Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Was Raped By 2 Ladies / THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) / What Attracted You To Your Partner??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.