Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,191 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn (3381 Views)

FG Blames Energy Crisis On Population Growth / Watch Christiane Amanpour Interview President Buhari On CNN (July 21) / Buhari To Be Interviewed By Christiane Amanpour On CNN Today 8pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by Hotstepper(f): 4:39am On Feb 08, 2007
Who watched the Niger-Delta crisis on CNN? what do u'all think?
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by Mamajama(m): 2:24pm On Feb 08, 2007
I saw this on CNN and after listening and watching how this people have been mistreated. I am convinced

100% they are fighting a just cause. How can a country make $1 Billion dollar every 2 weeks and this

people don't have drinking water? no modern school and not medical facilities? there was a punitive

damaged that was fine against Shell oil in the amount of $255 Billion Dollar. where is the money? all the

past and present leaders are to be blame for this people suffering. I support them 100%. It is amazing

USA is now paying attention to this region because if MEND successfully shut down oil production, it will

paralyzed USA economy and Nigeria economy. PLEASE MR president give this people what they deserve.
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by otokx(m): 5:38pm On Feb 08, 2007
when was it shown?
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by Mamajama(m): 5:44pm On Feb 08, 2007
Last night, and if you go to cnn right now there is a link on CNN saying Armed militant take cnn to their leader
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by McKren(m): 11:57pm On Feb 08, 2007
@Mamajama

You guys have to be very careful with the CNN and their interest. When the US or UK want to destabilize any country they use the CNN or BBC for a start to do some damaging documentary. CNN and BBC are not just media houses.
E.g. The BBC interpretation of Kaduna Nzeogwu coup as Igbo power play fueled that civil war and has caused distrust amongst ethnic groups in Nigeria till date, the same BBC interpretation of the killing of Juvenal Habi Arimana aided the Rwandan genocide in which the Hutus massacred the tutsis. But the same BBC will hardly do such inflamatory news on the activities of IRA, BNP or Islamic extremists against the British public.
You may want to argue that they try to be transparent in their report but the truth is that some of these media houses owe some sense of responsibility to volatile nations expecially in Africa.

No doubts people are suffering in the Niger-Delta, so too are people suffering in other parts of the countrty and I must confess the situation demands for urgency on the part of Government. But we must be careful of American interest in a disintegrated or failed Nigeria. They have predicted that Nigeria will soon be a failed state, this same CNN did another interview reported on with one Major General Tamuno of MEND claiming all they want is to tear Nigeria into pieces a statement which even the MEND spokesman considers irresponsible.

Besides that the future Nigeria will not be determined by outlaws, no development will be achieved in a war torn Nigeria. We must contructively organise and chanel our grieviances to the government not by taking people hostage or killing men of our armed forces.
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by Mamajama(m): 12:05am On Feb 09, 2007
all MEND is asking is a fair share of the cake. This people are not animals. they are kidnapping to send a message to international community. they are not terrorist. even the hostage said they are been treated with respect. that is the difference between this poor people and other terrorist. True other region in Nigeria are suffering but they don't produce oil like this region. I think all the past leaders from governor to senators from this region should be probe.
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by McKren(m): 12:12am On Feb 09, 2007
Neglect of the people by their immediate government (LGA & State Government) is the same whether they produce oil or not. The militants are not better of either, Asari was given N300million naira by the FG tell me one people oriented project he used it for in the interest of those he claims to be fighting their interest.
Well it is good this is happening, maybe that is the only way the Elite will take the people seriously because right now Nigeria is becoming unsafe for both the poor and the rich.
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by Mamajama(m): 12:44am On Feb 09, 2007
OK what is #300 Million naira compare to what Federal government is making on a weekly basis. CNN has been running this story all day. I kind of agree with you USA has a hidden agenda. But I think this people are standing their grounds, and Federal government need to provide some drastic improvement to this region
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by McKren(m): 1:05am On Feb 09, 2007
Niger Delta: US firm, Willbros, pulls out of Nigeria
By Chijama Ogbu with agency report
Published: Friday, 9 Feb 2007
Willbros Group Incorporated, an oil and gas services company, has sold its Nigeria subsidiary to Ascot Offshore Nigeria Limited for $155.3m.

The company’s exit from Nigeria after 44 years comes amid a rash of violence and kidnappings of oil workers in the Niger Delta region.

More than 100 captives have been taken in Nigeria’s oil-producing region since militants stepped up attacks on the country’s oil industry last year.

The United States firm said it received $150m in cash under terms of the agreement with the Nigerian energy service company.

The company cautioned that the “many variables” affecting its contracts in Nigeria could result in material adjustments, but said it was not expecting a loss on the sale.

Willbros had bought out certain minority interests for $10.5m as part of the transaction.

Under the deal, Willbros had agreed to let Ascot use its brand and trademark in Nigeria for a period.

Wilbros had said in August that it planned to sell its operations in Nigeria and Venezuela to cut risks in those volatile regions.

Willbros cited the deteriorating security situation in Nigeria at that time, including the February 18 kidnapping of nine oil workers from one of its boats.

“Willbros got an excellent price for their Nigerian assets, which are on the books at $108m,’’ Lewis Kreps, the Managing Partner at Aperion Group LLC in Dallas, told Bloomberg News in a telephone interview.

“Their investors are going to be very pleased because Willbros can get out of there now. The Nigerian delays were hurting them, and they have plenty of business in the US,’’ he said.

Kreps has a “buy” rating for Willbros stock and owns none.

The Chief Executive Officer of Willbros, Mr. Randy Harl, said in a statement that the company planned to use the sale proceeds to pursue projects offering a better risk-adjusted return.

JP Morgan Securities acted as financial adviser to Willbros for the Nigerian sale.

The company’s Venezuelan businesses, including a marine yard and offices on Lake Maracaibo, were sold in August

Maybe when all this people go the youths will go and look for jobs in ota farm or arik air.
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by mrmetoo(m): 8:00am On Feb 09, 2007
Pls read this article its long but interesting and very relevant to the situation our beloved country is in. Its sad to learn whats going on in that country. It just made me realize Nigeria is unfortunately in a worse state than I thought it is already. We really NEED a change

http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0702/feature3/index.html
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by Afam(m): 9:50am On Feb 09, 2007
If the likes of Alami and Asari are seen as heros by MEND then I dare say that they do not even know what they want.

As regards taking up arms against a government, it amounts to a declaration of war and no sane government will allow such to stand.

The FG will not come and build schools and open bank accounts for the people in the Niger Delta, the monthly allocations are squandered by their leaders and instead of asking their leaders to account for their money they are busy buying arms to the fight everybody as the guy who was interviewed by Jeff on CNN stated.

Meanwhile, if Nigeria will disintegrate soon then it will be fuelled by the likes of the US who will effortlessly speed up the process if only they are guaranteed free access to our oil as the middle east is becoming too hot for them.
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by nikynike(f): 10:07am On Feb 09, 2007
Lets face the reality. These millitants are not fighting for the development of their area rather fighting for the development of their own pockets.l don't support their actions because it can result to untimely war in this country. Kidnapping foreigners is never the solution rather it creates room for trouble. They are demanding for N10m from each expatriate why 10 Hostages N100,000,000.00. Where does the cash go to? It doesn't go to these poor masses in Niger Delta, rather the bigs boys are filling their pockets. That's 100/% bad. Lets think of the reaction of these people's country. It will be dangerous.
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by ono(m): 10:54am On Feb 09, 2007
Afam:

Meanwhile, if Nigeria will disintegrate soon then it will be fuelled by the likes of the US who will effortlessly speed up the process if only they are guaranteed free access to our oil as the middle east is becoming too hot for them.

For me, I'll prefer the Americans having free access to our oil than what currently obtains, never mind that the access is not really free.
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by McKren(m): 11:14am On Feb 09, 2007
ono:

For me, I'll prefer the Americans having free access to our oil than what currently obtains, never mind that the access is not really free.

where about in N'Djamena, I guess chad. If your truly a Nigerian I advice you relocate soon. What a shameful statement.
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by Ejarune(m): 12:12pm On Feb 09, 2007
nikynike:

Lets face the reality. These millitants are not fighting for the development of their area rather fighting for the development of their own pockets.l don't support their actions because it can result to untimely war in this country. Kidnapping foreigners is never the solution rather it creates room for trouble.

Yes the Millitant may be fighting for their selfish needs but it is the leadership of the country that is giving them something to hold to. It is only recently because of the previous kidnap that the Federal Government awarded the east west road. and said they where going to employ some Niger Delta Youths in NNPC and the arm forces. If they Know this things are necessary why wait until there is a kidnap before doing them.

Afam:

If the likes of Alami and Asari are seen as heros by MEND then I dare say that they do not even know what they want.

what I see the Millitant doing by asking for the release of  formar Bayalsa state Governor is that there are many Governors particularly in the south-south who are worse than him BIG TIME thieves so if the FG. can allow them the  walk freely only because they are connected to the President then let them release him.
I personally do not think he should be release but all the same they have a point.

In all this there is One main fact that Nigerian is in deep shit  Wickedness and selfishness has put nigeria where it is today
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by twinstaiye(m): 12:23pm On Feb 09, 2007
Ejarune:

Yes the Millitant may be fighting for their selfish needs but it is the leadership of the country that is giving them something to hold to. It is only recently because of the previous kidnap that the Federal Government awarded the east west road. and said they where going to employ some Niger Delta Youths in NNPC and the arm forces. If they Know this things are necessary why wait until there is a kidnap before doing them.

what I see the Millitant doing by asking for the realease of formar Bayalsa state Governor is that there are many Governors particularly in the south-south who are worse than him BIG TIME thieves so if the FG. can allow them the walk freely only because they are connected to the President then let them release him.
I personally do not think he should be release but all the same they have a point.

In all this there is One main fact that Nigerian is in deep shit Wickedness and selfishness has put nigeria where it is today
This is one of the reason I do not want to contribute to this thread. Most Nigerians argue along the ethnic line r religious lines. If Militant were taking up arms to enrich their pocket, where lies the problem in Niger Delta, the problem of course will persist. And like someone said earlier, if they are supporting the release of those in custody, then it shows they are taking up arms for far more reason than the problem of Niger Delta. It is a matter of time before other militants in othe rpart of the country follow suit, all in the name of agitations.
Let us call a spade a spade, if this hostilities towards the foreigner continue, it s only a matter of time before the government use force. The fact that the government is restraining from using force does not mean the militant are gaining control. They have made a point, and like someone said earlier, the federal govt cannot come and build all what they need, it has to be through their state governors, their past leaders, who must have diverted money meant for development of their regions into their pockets and their traditional leaders. The same past leaders they are asking for their release.
Mark my words, OBJ will use military option before he hand over, he is just waiting for the appropriate time.
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by McKren(m): 1:03pm On Feb 09, 2007
Use of military force in Niger-Delta is long overdue. As long as the bussiness of kidnapping and collecting money is very easy and lucrative the issue will not be resolved. Yes there is need for the government to ensure accountability in all level of governance and improve the standard of living, but there is also need to deter those thieves from the act.

Besides that I think and have said it before, the Problem of Nigeria requires a wholistic approach whether in ijaw or sokoto. Dealing with Naija Delta issues specially while neglecting other part of Nigeria stategically translates into brewing youth restiveness of the future for other region.

Reminder: Once upon a time Nigeria's economy was based on agriculture from other regions, we also exported coal found in enugu those days, today it is based on oil from the Niger-Delta, with the world's quest for cleaner fuel which has low carbon emmissions Nuclear energy is inevitable. Nigeria's Uranium deposits are not in the Niger-Delta. So lets be reasonable.
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by husseyn(m): 2:01pm On Feb 09, 2007
I saw that report on the Niger delta by the CNN yesterday! infact it was repeated several time by them!
it is a clear fact that people of the Niger delta have been denied legitimate development.But taking of arms against expatriate workers and fellow citizens is not the best solution.I simply believe every Nigerian has been marginalized by our so called leaders! the pictures i saw yesterday sent chills through all my system and i surely belief our political leaders were watching the report too?
My only prayer is they (MEND) should be sincere with the people of the Niger delta! i hear most of the time money exchange hands when these hostages are released/ if so the money should be used in doing what the government and multinational firms fail to do,that is: provide basic necessity for their people.
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by ono(m): 3:01pm On Feb 09, 2007
We all are just beating about the bush here. Lets face facts. Without ''trouble'' as in real trouble in this country, your voice will not be heard. You need to smash some bottles and throw dynamites for your voice to be heard, and that's exactly what Ejarune has clearly stated.

What are the problems in the Delta: Unemployment, Underdevelopment, Marginalisation, Ethnic bigotry, Institutionalised corruption, Nepotism, etc etc.

Has the government done anything about it?: NO

What are they (FG and stakeholders) waiting for: Kilings, kidnap, maiming, destruction of lives and properties, bombings, terrorism and MEND - whose fear is the beginning of freedom
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by nikynike(f): 3:18pm On Feb 09, 2007
ono:

We all are just beating about the bush here. Lets face facts. Without ''trouble'' as in real trouble in this country, your voice will not be heard. You need to smash some bottles and throw dynamites for your voice to be heard, and that's exactly what Ejarune has clearly stated.

What are the problems in the Delta: Unemployment, Underdevelopment, Marginalisation, Ethnic bigotry, Institutionalised corruption, Nepotism, etc etc.

What are they (FG and stakeholders) waiting for: Kilings, kidnap, maiming, destruction of lives and properties, bombings, terrorism and MEND - whose fear is the beginning of freedom

OK ONO,

Help the millitants to continue the kidnapping when the result will come u will run to them can u handle cutlass let alone those guns. Each state even LG they have their problems but they've not engaged in killings and destructions.Are they the only troubled people.Let them use the cash they extort from the expatriates and build the industires get themselves employed, repair roads and provide water for themselves. shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by azorjiu(m): 3:26pm On Feb 09, 2007
America has already predicted the break-up of nigeria before 2015. All their effort is garnered towards the fullfilment of their doom prophesy. CNN is the voice which America uses to stabilize african countries.

Ever watched a positive programme about africa in CNN? Or is there nothing good in our continent?

MEND is evil. It is a terrorist group that should be confronted with vigour. It represents extortion and greed .
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by Afam(m): 3:37pm On Feb 09, 2007
ono:

Instead of following your advice you have relocated to another country. Why don't you practice what you preach?
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2007
Which are the four sins crying to heaven for vengeance?
The four sins crying to heaven for vengeance are:
Wilful murder (Gen. 4
The sin of Sodom (Gen. 18
Oppression of the poor (Exod. 2
Defrauding labourers of their wages (James 5

My Take:
Ok there is injustice. Solution? Seek a way acceptable to God.
The problem sometimes: The Oppressed Becomes Judge Turns Oppressor And Invites Judgement From God. (cf Matt 7:1)
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by Mamajama(m): 5:48pm On Feb 09, 2007
The sooner we take care and listen to this people demands, the better. be realistic all they are asking for is

fair share of their resources. even RAY Charles and Steven wonder can see when you build a house you

have to keep renovating to make it last longer. we can't just take from this people and leave them in

poverty. I blamed all the past leaders, their ex governors senators and councilors for their negligence.
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by Danmasani(m): 5:55pm On Feb 09, 2007
The situation in the Niger-Delta, long overdue has started biting us deep into the fabric. Jeff Koinage, irresponsible as ever used the opportunity to blast everything Nigerian, the government, the Armed forces, the communities etc. Imagine nonsense of militants dancing stupidly in front of the poor filipino hostages, what signal will that send?Nigeria is a place inhabitable for any foreigner!
The foreign companies, the government, militants, community chieves are all to blame in this imbroglio.
The National Geographic talked of a dutch guy who earns $80000 working in the Delta as a pipeline construction surpervisor. Well I know that there is absoultely noting hard in making a Niger-Deltan with an Engineering degree do that same work. Rather black guy suffers and dutch man enjoys the oil money. And believe me, that is exactly what is going on all over every foreign oil company in Nigeria. The hire themselves for the "technical jobs'. knowing fully well that ourt graduates can do it. The Nigerian government has to  stand up on this issue. Shell has a case right now for oil spillage, how about CNN expsoing Shell, Chevron and all other manipulations against the villages there. Pollution is unchecked, gas flaring is excessive, environmental degradation is allowed, water is intoxicated and yet I dont see that in the news. Rather hostage taking makes issues. It is pure double standards, the sooner the larger world knows what Oil companies themselves do in degrading the environment and do nothing about it, the better for us.
The Nigerian government, from LGC level down to the Federal sector have failed Niger-Delta. The other day, Peter Odili's admiinistration was indicted for having nothing to show for the billions he gets. Alams caught in London, once said that 100mill pounds was nothing to him. The people continually suffer and their governments just sit back and keep looting. Odili spent millions on Obasanjo's son wedding, yet EFCC was not gone out to check where that money came from. It smacks us as a people, to continually accept stupidity of this magnitude.
I know of many military officers who are making money siphoning oil in the delta right now. The collude with thugs and steal. These are people put there to protect such installations and protect lives, yet the engage in exactly what they were sent to curtail!
Asari Dokubo was shouting the last time, If Ken Saro-wiwa was alive, Dokubo will not have that voice! This is a thug who has given millions and yet shared it with his cronies. The same can be said for all the other oil thugs in the delta, the kidnap hostages, get ransom and still have nothing to show in their communities. That show u that everyone out there is fighthing for their pockets. It is shamefull.
Community leaders have to rise, responsible youths much start talking. Violence begets violence and it leads to no where.
Nigeria better solve the Oil problem, or else all foreigners will leave, the investors we are trying to get in to other sectors of the economy will shun us. The jobs we are all crying for, the development we yearn will become elusive.

Actions have got to be done, Now!
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by debosky(m): 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2007
The militants are denying the CNN story and calling it a fabrication of Jeff Koinage and 'bunkerers' and 'criminals'

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=70126
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by Ejarune(m): 7:15pm On Feb 09, 2007
some comments in this forum really makes me laugh, the fact is that no body with his real senses would support what the millantants are doing when you look at the embarrassment it's causing to the nation. some of us are privileged to have a job and meet most of our daily needs that is why we can reason well. but what do you expect from someone that struggle to go to school graduated and and does not have a job to feed. what would you expect from someone who grows up knowing his community is blessed with oil which feeds the whole nation and still can not have the basic needs of life. what would you expect from someone who has been denied the basic education in life because there is no good primary school in his community. the list is much. All this are a products of the seed our leader have sow. they have planted it ,it has grow up and this is the harvest. please don.t get me wrong am not happy with what i see but it is also a fact that what we see is a product of what was sow.

If you are not privilege to have what you have now ( Staying abroad, a good education and job) i tell u some of you would be doing likewish especially when you know it is your right to this things
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by toshmann(m): 7:32pm On Feb 09, 2007
beware of the western press.BBC,CNN etc- these are not just ordinary press, these are organs of control used by powerful people to control public opinion in order to achieve an aim. I hear some journalists came to interview OBJ and Atiku.

PEOPLE!!!PEOPLE!!!PEOPLE!!!!I can assure you there is something these westerners want from nigeria urgently. remember, wherever the white man goes they leave sorrow, poverty and hatred. they establish violence and they work thru division.

look at history- south africa is one of the most violent countries in the world today, see Iraq, afghanistan,sierra leone etc, it all starts with the press giving a story to affect public opinion.

we already know what is happeneing in the niger-delta, why do they come to do interviews? angry-to increase the bad feelings? what is their interest?

be careful how you fully believe these foreign press dudes angry

let them concentrate on their own terrorism stuff angry
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by McKren(m): 7:45pm On Feb 09, 2007
Ejarune:

some comments in this forum really makes me laugh, the fact is that no body with his real senses would support what the millantants are doing when you look at the embarrassment it's causing to the nation. some of us are privileged to have a job and meet most of our daily needs that is why we can reason well. but what do you expect from someone that struggle to go to school graduated and and does not have a job to feed. what would you expect from someone who grows up knowing his community is blessed with oil which feeds the whole nation and still can not have the basic needs of life. what would you expect from someone who has been denied the basic education in life because there is no good primary school in his community. the list is much. All this are a products of the seed our leader have sow. they have planted it ,it has grow up and this is the harvest. please don.t get me wrong am not happy with what i see but it is also a fact that what we see is a product of what was sow.

If you are not privilege to have what you have now ( Staying abroad, a good education and job) i tell u some of you would be doing likewish especially when you know it is your right to this things

No matter how long your list might be, those who denied them schools, basic amenities in the midst of plenty are still within the locality. How many house of rep speaker in nigeria have seen N20b before. I bet you even the Speaker of National House of Representative (Aminu Bello Masari) have not seen 20billion before but Chibuike Amaechi has it in his account. Amaechi is not an hausa or yoruba man, he is not a white man he is from the same Niger-Delta. The militants should hold their immediate government reponsible enough of all this trash.

Soon the Nigerian Army will act, mark my words.
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by debosky(m): 8:16pm On Feb 09, 2007
thank you McKren. Till the militants kidnap Odili, Ibori or any of the other ND leaders who have been there for 8 years, yet not done 'anything' as the militants claim, I will not take them seriously. they keep harming outsiders who are only doing their jobs. attack the very people who are stealing your money!! If they can attack a police station in P/H, then I guess they should be able to find a way to get at Odili or his deputy, or the LGA chairmen who collect fat allocations and go to spend them on women and other frivolities in P/H, Lagos and Abuja
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by LoverBwoy(m): 8:52pm On Feb 09, 2007
Thank you jare debosky and mcren

when you smash the bottle on top of your neighbour who is meant to sympathise with you and help you make a louder noise then you are just going to be seen as a thug.

remember as these people are kidnapping and disrupting oil trade, they are killing their local/fellow residents who are gainfully employed and providing for their family with the amount they get as guards,chef and whatnot

why dont they narrow the blame down bit? why dont they ask themselves why isnt chief abc and mr xyz back from the stakeholders meeting they went for in abuja several months ago (they have these phoney meetings every other month)

These people same people are being used by odili and co, probably the reason why they havent picked him up- he is using them to remain in power but his time will come!
Re: Nigeria-delta Crisis On Cnn by Mariory(m): 9:00pm On Feb 09, 2007
The militants are currently overplaying their hand. They are bound to go too far sooner or later, the pretext the military have been waiting for. When it finally happens it won't be a contest. It will be called genocide.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping / Fg To Activate All Abandoned Dams / President Goodluck Jonathan Should Just Please Step Down.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.