Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,686 members, 7,801,980 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Because Ojukwu Was Involved. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Because Ojukwu Was Involved. (7705 Views)

Awolowo Asked Ojukwu To Be Open And Forthright . But Ojukwu Was Trying To Do Wuru Wuru Backroom Deals / Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu / In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Ezenwenyi(m): 3:41pm On Feb 07, 2010
INEC has announced the incumbent Governor of Anambra state Mr Peter Obi of APGA as the winner of the February 6th 2010 election in Anambra state.The question is: Was the February 6th gubernatorial election in Anambra state FREE AND FAIR? I have spent hours trying to get an answer to the question,and the more i try the more confused i get.The fact remains that Mr Peter Obi was in a better possible to win because
1. In a free and fair election,the people must have voted OBI because of Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu.Igbo people will always honour the wish of Dim Ojukwu the Ikemba of Nnewi.
As for me, I don't believe in the recycling of governors,hence the reason i would not for one day support the likes of Mr Peter Obi and Ngige though Ngige won in the poll i organised, Anambra state e-election in Nairaland.If i accept Peter Obi as the governor of Anambra state,i am doing that because of IKEMBA.
2. As the incumbent Governor,he is also in a better position to rig the election, irrespective of the thousands of corrupt police men sent to Anambra state by the Federal Government.Andy Uba and Soludo must have rigged the election too,but maybe the power of incumbency prevailed.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by doyin13(m): 3:43pm On Feb 07, 2010
So how comes he does badly by himself even in Igboland?
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 07, 2010
In Nairaland e-election, I voted Obi and wished Obi win, purely out of sympathy with Ojukwu.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by RoadStar: 3:51pm On Feb 07, 2010
I
Jarus:

In Nairaland e-election, I voted Obi and wished Obi win, purely out of sympathy with Ojukwu.

Igbos will continue being backwards as long as this man is alive
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by MrCrackles(m): 3:56pm On Feb 07, 2010
Some folks might as well just say Ojukwu is Peter Obi's god!!
For fu/cking hell sake, who is Ojukwu when there is God
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by metalgong5(m): 3:57pm On Feb 07, 2010
RoadStar:

I.

Igbos will continue being backwards as long as this man is alive
Is your pathetic tribe more advanced that the Igbo race? Nitwit!!
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by babapupa: 4:26pm On Feb 07, 2010
metal-gong:

Is your pathetic tribe more advanced that the Igbo race? Nitwit!!

I don't think the poster was talking about tribe, do you even know the poster's tribe and Nationality.

Talk about pathetic knee Jerking and tribal paranoia.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by RoadStar: 4:32pm On Feb 07, 2010
babapupa:

I don't think the poster was talking about tribe, do you even know the poster's tribe and Nationality.

Talk about pathetic knee Jerking and tribal paranoia.
Ojukwu is responsible for the above mentioned attitude.
To some people the war is not over. undecided
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by sjeezy8: 4:37pm On Feb 07, 2010
THE  threat of civil war or some kind of conflict if Apga didnt win Point blank. It would have been good if  Ngige or even Soludo  won because both are good and have support outside the SE- which is great.

Just dont expect any presido coming from the Apga platform - because its more of an SE party, not really a national party like AC or PDP.

Like Obasanjo and Tinubu told the SW there is no room for Afenifere/AD in "Nigeria" and its true.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Ezenwenyi(m): 4:38pm On Feb 07, 2010
MrCrackles:

I never said so.I don't know why you have decided to comprehend what i said in a rather awkward way.I was only trying to point out that Anambrarians might have voted Obi because of Ojukwu, I never said that they voted him because of his God[Ojukwu].
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by babapupa: 4:42pm On Feb 07, 2010
RoadStar:

Ojukwu is responsible for the above mentioned attitude.
To some people the war is not over. undecided

Is Ojukwu a tribe or he's just another Nigerian like you and me?

Lower your guard a little bit.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by babapupa: 4:44pm On Feb 07, 2010
Ezenwenyi:

I never said so.I don't know why you have decided to comprehend what i said in a rather awkward way.I was only trying to point out that Anambrarians might have voted Obi because of Ojukwu, I never said that they voted him because of his God[Ojukwu].

But why because of Ojukwu if he's not God?
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Shoot2Kill: 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2010
Ezenwenyi:

INEC has announced the incumbent Governor of Anambra state Mr Peter Obi of APGA as the winner of the February 6th 2010 election in Anambra state.The question is: Was the February 6th gubernatorial election in Anambra state FREE AND FAIR? I have spent hours trying to get an answer to the question,and the more i try the more confused i get.The fact remains that Mr Peter Obi was in a better possible to win because
1. In a free and fair election,the people must have voted OBI because of Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu.Igbo people will always honour the wish of Dim Ojukwu the Ikemba of Nnewi.
As for me, I don't believe in the recycling of governors,hence the reason i would not for one day support the likes of Mr Peter Obi and Ngige though Ngige won in the poll i organised, Anambra state e-election in Nairaland.If i accept Peter Obi as the governor of Anambra state,i am doing that because of IKEMBA.
2. As the incumbent Governor,he is also in a better position to rig the election, irrespective of the thousands of corrupt police men sent to Anambra state by the Federal Government.Andy Uba and Soludo must have rigged the election too,but maybe the power of incumbency prevailed.

So if IKEMBA asks you to starve your relatives or kill your relatives you will comply? Or if IKEMBA ask you to support Yara Dua you will accept? Sometimes you IGBO people make me wonder and to think that it is the educated ones amongst who succumb to these nonsensical ideologies.

I think IGBOS should start thinking with their brains for once instead of tribal pride, it will go a along way in making your lives better. These are the same people who want to form a new nation. If you all worship Ojukwu this much then the IGBO race is doomed. This guy is an old timer who has done more harm than good to IGBOS, this is the same dude who was rubbing shoulders with Abacha and you  IGBOS still worship him this much

This is the same ideology that many Nigerian has adopted in Nigerian churches by worshipping pastors instead of worshipping GOD. Nigerians are really twisted. I thank GOD i don’t worship anyone where I come from. No one is my leader or GOD except the GOD of Abraham.

In my eyes Ojukwu is an irrelevant baboon who should not even matter in today’s Igboland. If you elect him as president he will become a dictator because he has characteristics of being a violent gangster who likes to do things by force. There are many educated and intelligent IGBOS in diaspora who can lead the IGBO nation to greater glory. IGBOS should look to the younger generation for leadership and new ideas on the way forward not an old beat up crocodile like Ojukwu who has emotionally imprisoned most IGBO people’s minds.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Eziachi: 4:56pm On Feb 07, 2010
MrCrackles:

Why not ask South Africans who is Mandela or the British who is Winston Churchill.
We respect Ojukwu and worship God.
That is what the contributor is telling you, they voted for Obi out of respect for Ojukwu, it happens all over the world in advance democracies.
Its called goodwill vote.
Many American voted President Obama out of respect for past and present Black icons like Martin Luther King. Yorubas still vote for the Awoist in the west without PDP's rigging.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by sjeezy8: 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2010
Eziachi:

Why not ask South Africans who is Mandela or the British who is Winston Churchill.
We respect Ojukwu and worship God.
That is what the contributor is telling you, they voted for Obi out of respect for Ojukwu, it happens all over the world in advance democracies.
Its called goodwill vote.
Many American voted President Obama out of respect for past and oresent Black icons like Martin Luther King. Yorubas still vote for the Awoist in the west without PDP's rigging.

please if you say something about yoruba say the truth there arent any releveant awosit in the SW its either PDP AC or LP.

No one can tell yoruba people vote for any afenifere leader because of Awo. Awos time is over and done with, hes a memory and thats all.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by metalgong5(m): 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

So if IKEMBA asks you to starve your relatives or kill your relatives you will comply? Or if IKEMBA ask you to support Yara Dua you will accept? Sometimes you IGBO people make me wonder and to think that it is the educated ones amongst who succumb to these nonsensical ideologies.

I think IGBOS should start thinking with their brains for once instead of tribal pride, it will go a along way in making your lives better. These are the same people who want to form a new nation. If you all worship Ojukwu this much then the IGBO race is doomed. This guy is an old timer who has done more harm than good to IGBOS, this is the same dude who was rubbing shoulders with Abacha and you  IGBOS still worship him this much

This is the same ideology that many Nigerian has adopted in Nigerian churches by worshipping pastors instead of worshipping GOD. Nigerians are really twisted. I thank GOD i don’t worship anyone where I come from. No one is my leader or GOD except the GOD of Abraham.

In my eyes Ojukwu is an irrelevant baboon who should not even matter in today’s Igboland. If you elect him as president he will become a dictator because he has characteristics of being a violent gangster who likes to do things by force. There are many educated and intelligent IGBOS in diaspora who can lead the IGBO nation to greater glory. IGBOS should look to the younger generation for leadership and new ideas on the way forward not an old beat up crocodile like Ojukwu who has emotionally imprisoned most IGBO people’s minds.
Your problem is that of illiteracy and bigotry. It is obvious that you were not able to decipher the message being conveyed by the poster.
Your ranting only exposes the pathetic and evil mind of you ill bred basta.rd. Get a life!! sad
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by MrCrackles(m): 5:02pm On Feb 07, 2010
Ezenwenyi:

Point noted. . . . . .
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Eziachi: 5:03pm On Feb 07, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

Another unsolicited Igbo expert speaks. The election came without bloodshed as many were hoping, all of a sudden our people are fools for being peaceful and making a choice of their own that had been respected. We can't win .
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by sjeezy8: 5:08pm On Feb 07, 2010
The female candidate was actually saying how it was wrong for Obi to campaign with a pics of Ojukwu on his clothes.
lol funny she should have said it directly to ikemba because it was probably his idea or was approved by him since its HIS PARTY.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by metalgong5(m): 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2010
Eziachi:

Another unsolicited Igbo expert speaks. The election came without bloodshed as many were hoping, all of a sudden our people are fools for being peaceful and making a choice of their own that had been respected. We can't win .

Dont mind those retarded Yorubas . . . They were hoping to see an election marred with thuggery and political assasinations like they always witness in Yoruba land. However, Anambrarians and their guber candidates showed the world that they are atleast more politically advanced than their peers. They just killed Dapo Dina in Ogun state, who knows how many of their politicians will be assasinated before 2011 elections.

Look at the kind of politics we get in Yorubaland: Assasninations---->   https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=371733.msg5392424#msg5392424
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Shoot2Kill: 5:18pm On Feb 07, 2010
metal-gong:

Your problem is that of illiteracy and bigotry. It is obvious that you were not able to decipher the message being conveyed by the poster.
Your ranting only exposes the pathetic and evil mind of you ill bred basta.rd. Get a life!! sad

@ metal gong = I will not satisfy you with a reply because you lack the decorum to have a civilized conversation.

@ Eziachi = I am not an IGBO expert ,i am a Nigerian of Yoruba descent. I am for “new” young Igbo leaders (under the age of 35) to come out and lead the IGBO people to greater heights. Ojukwu will not do it for you because all he does is remind you of the civil war. A man of Ojukwu’s calibre has lost his self respect by getting involved in the election and supporting one candidate over the another. He is supposed to maintain a father figure and not get involved but as usual the greed in him takes over. Only God knows how many “Ghana must go bags” that must have been transported from the state house to the IKEMBA’s house just for him to endorse Obi. I am also sure members of IKEMBA’s family will also get contracts in the state.

In Yoruba land I don’t give a rat’s azz about any of our current leaders.If I had my way I will execute them starting from oni of ife because they are crooks. My point is this. If you are below the age of 35 and you are worshipping Ojukwu ,Awo, Azikwe, Oni of ife e.t.c then you are a dummy. Hate me all you like ,I am speaking the truth and you know it deep in your hearts.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by sjeezy8: 5:28pm On Feb 07, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

@ metal gong = I will not satisfy you with a reply because you lack the decorum to have a civilized conversation.

@ Eziachi = I am not an IGBO expert ,i am a Nigerian of Yoruba descent. I am for “new” young Igbo leaders (under the age of 35) to come out and lead the IGBO people to greater heights. Ojukwu will not do it for you because all he does is remind you of the civil war. A man of Ojukwu’s calibre has lost his self respect by getting involved in the election and supporting one candidate over the another. He is supposed to maintain a father figure and not get involved but as usual the greed in him takes over. Only God knows how many “Ghana must go bags” that must have been transported from the state house to the IKEMBA’s house just for him to endorse Obi. I am also sure members of IKEMBA’s family will also get contracts in the state.

In Yoruba land I don’t give a rat’s azz about any of our current leaders.If I had my way I will execute them starting from oni of ife because they are crooks. My point is this. If you are below the age of 35 and you are worshipping Ojukwu ,Awo, Azikwe, Oni of ife e.t.c then you are a dummy. Hate me all you like ,I am speaking the truth and you know it deep in your hearts.

I thought i was the only one who felt that way. lol

Abachas boy
Shagaris boy
both used him to gain support from the SE and it worked like a charm.
If he joins pdp( with some lame excuse) igbo people will all jump to PDP.

True democracy for anambrans but not one to envy.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Shoot2Kill: 5:32pm On Feb 07, 2010
metal-gong:

Dont mind those retarded Yorubas . . . They were hoping to see an election marred with thuggery and political assasinations like they always witness in Yoruba land. However, Anambrarians and their guber candidates showed the world that they are atleast more politically advanced than their peers. They just killed Dapo Dina in Ogun state, who knows how many of their politicians will be assasinated before 2011 elections.

Look at the kind of politics we get in Yorubaland: Assasninations---->   https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=371733.msg5392424#msg5392424

It is a shame that for all the Education you seem to have acquired, your intelligence is the size of an amoeba. Read my comments carefully and understand that my comment do not attack IGBOS a tribe but people who want to put the fate of the IGBO nation in the hands of a beat up rag doll called Ojukwu. IGbos have produced a lot of intellectuals but only listen to a dummy who has absolutely no concrete plan on how to develop his homeland except to take handouts and partake in dirty politics. Tell me since Ojukwu has returned to Nigeria what has he actually done for IGBOS ,how many roads has he built ,how many schools has he built ,how many scholarships has he awarded to young igbo students. How many investors has he brought to Igboland to create jobs? Please enlighten me ,I want to know if this man has actually done anything for igbos other than get them slaughtered in a merciless way only to run away and come back from exile to eat ogbono in the same bowl as those who slaughtered his kin?

I am a Yoruba and my best friends are IGBOS ,fortunately for me my IGBO friends don’t take IKEMBA serious because they know he can’t take IGBOS forward. Igbos are one of the greatest blacks on earth and I am sure there are many and I mean many igbos who are a billion times more qualified to lead igbos to the promise land.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Onlytruth(m): 5:45pm On Feb 07, 2010
Does it ever occur to all these anti-Ojukwu campaigners here that Anambra people may have actually voted for their favorite candidate? The way I look at it, this election might actually signal the level of rigging that happened in earlier elections in my state. The previous elections might have been so massively rigged, that if they were fair, there would not even be any sign of other parties in Anambra state.

I would say this again, Anambra people are far more opinionated than other people in Nigeria. You don't lead them by the nose. So, if they elected Obi, they elected someone they can actually trust.

You cannot build heaven on pure lies, and Anambra people know he is lying to them. At least Peter Obi won't steal their money and they know it. So, everyone should respect our wishes here.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by asha80(m): 5:53pm On Feb 07, 2010
Onlytruth:

Does it ever occur to all these anti-Ojukwu campaigners here that Anambra people may have actually voted for their favorite candidate? The way I look at it, this election might actually signal the level of rigging that happened in earlier elections in my state. The previous elections might have been so massively rigged, that if they were fair, there would not even be any sign of other parties in Anambra state.

I would say this again, Anambra people are far more opinionated than other people in Nigeria. You don't lead them by the nose. So, if they elected Obi, they elected someone they can actually trust.

You cannot build heaven on pure lies, and Anambra people know he is lying to them. At least Peter Obi won't steal their money and they know it. So, everyone should respect our wishes here.

This i can vouch for from experience.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by metalgong5(m): 5:55pm On Feb 07, 2010
Onlytruth:

Thank you very much my brother.  Sometimes, I wonder why some little demons always cultivate these believe that they are wiser than the greater populace who had made their decision.

If governor Obi had not performed well in his first term,even the wishes of Ojukwu wouldnt have saved him. Mbadinuju messed up from 1999 to 2003 and he was massively voted out.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Eziachi: 6:11pm On Feb 07, 2010
sjeezy8:

please if you say something about yoruba say the truth there arent any releveant awosit in the SW its either PDP AC or LP.

No one can tell yoruba people vote for any afenifere leader because of Awo. Awos time is over and done with, hes a memory and thats all.

One day I will hold you to that bold statement, don't you ever forget it. It comes from your mouth.
Meanwhile Ojukwu is still alive and his time is not over yet and when he is dead, it will neither be over.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Shoot2Kill: 6:14pm On Feb 07, 2010
metal-gong:

Thank you very much my brother.  Sometimes, I wonder why some little demons always cultivate these believe that they are wiser than the greater populace who had made their decision.

If governor Obi had not performed well in his first term,even the wishes of Ojukwu wouldnt have saved him. Mbadinuju messed up from 1999 to 2003 and he was massively voted out.

There you go again making your dumb statements, did any one here mention that they are wiser than Anambra citizens?

My first comment was in response to the poster indicating that he accepts Obi just because of  Ojukwu. My beef is with idea of people choosing a candidate based on emotion instead of his qualification and resume.

As for you refering to fellow Nigerians as demons, look at mirror, it takes one to know one.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Sunshine87(f): 6:17pm On Feb 07, 2010
Ezenwenyi:

Learn to speak for yourself and stop pulling everyone back by grouping all of us together. Im delta igbo and dont support apga or ikemba.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Eziachi: 6:19pm On Feb 07, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

I don't give a be intimate with where you crawl out from, your advise is for Igbo to have a 35 year old leader, well choose a 35 year old leader for the Yorubas you claimed to be before prescribing it for us and from what I can see, Dimeji Bankole is not far from the age of 35 and he is not setting any fre on the mountain. Ojukwu is one of few people in that God forsaking country you cant point corruption toward him. His father was once richer than any African and he is a omfortbale man, while his peers become overnight billionaire farmers even though from poverty crippled families,
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by zugoboss(m): 6:21pm On Feb 07, 2010
What is wrong if Ojukwu as an elder statesman endorses a candidate afterall he's a strong force in APGA,and this is a norm all over the world.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Shoot2Kill: 6:21pm On Feb 07, 2010
Eziachi:

One day I will hold you to that bold statement, don't you ever forget it. It comes from your mouth.
Meanwhile Ojukwu is still alive and his time is not over yet and when he is dead, it will neither be over.

I support sjeezy on this one.Dude take a look at Ekiti, you will realize that in Yoruba land there are no clear leaders. The fight in Yorubaland now is between the old generation and the younger generation.

We the young generation of Yorubaland refuse to bow to the older unintelligent generation and I hope the IGBOS will follow suite as this is the only way we can right the wrongs of the past and repair the tribal divisions that has plagued Nigeria.

Ojukwu may be alive but he represents the Old era of Nigeria that allowed the unjust massacre of IGBOs all in the name of power. My comments show that i wish Anambra the best, I want Anambra and other states of Nigeria to have a Governor that is as good or even better than fashola so that the whole of Nigeria can develop and progress at a rapid rate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerians To Enjoy Regular Power Soon • Fg Directs States To Provide Electricity / Nigeria`s Best Hotel,Intercontinental Hotel, Designed By Nigerian Firms. / Lagos Prophet Makes Shocking Revelation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.