Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Dating A Broke Guy And Building A Future With A Broke Guy Are Not The Same!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Broke Guy And Building A Future With A Broke Guy Are Not The Same!!! (685 Views)

Trending Picture Of A Future Slay Queen On Facebook. / Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich / 15 On-bed Experiences Between A Guy And A Girl (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating A Broke Guy And Building A Future With A Broke Guy Are Not The Same!!! by Prevho: 12:44pm On Jul 25, 2017
First, dating a broke guy is your own perogative but at least, date one with potentials and big dreams.
“If you want to eat frog, eat the one with eggs”.

Second, if you cannot stay, do not stay. Some broke guys are very analytical, they know when you are not for real and when chips are down, they drop you like a bag of potatoes.

Now this is coming on the back of Kondomatic comment on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/3944387/staying-him-when-he-broke
I feel it is imperative we trash this once and for all. I keep hearing ladies talking about how a guy they stood with when he was broke ditched them when he made it.

No logical and smart man will ever leave a lady who stood with him in this life, especially during his trying period.
The problem we have here though is in how you interpret the word “STAND”.

Most girls think standing with a broke guy means not asking him for money, giving him sex as he wants, cooking for me perpetually, not nagging and generally docile.

Most girls are actually STANDING without any verbal and active efort and they watch the guy do all the heavy lifiting, now when it is time to reap they say they were with you, REAAAAALLLLYYY!

The real idea here is the value of your worth in his eyes and how he rates you, there is a way you place yourself and you just become a time machine to him and he rides till he can get a better one.

You don’t pamper such guy or what other challenge is there for him to see (when in the real sense, you should be the challenge), instead you need to change your role.

So what does STANDING” with a broke guy means…

Most of the girls who claim guys leave them are mostly docile and when they act, they make it seem like they are doing you a great favor, broke guys can smell that from afar.

It simply refers to the level of influence you had in his life to achieving or actualizing his future ambition or getting better in life.
Are you the cornerstone or the pavement stone?

How much of your imprint and name will be mentioned when he tells that story?

ASK YOURSELF: If that guy was a company, what percentage will be your own share?

In this context, things like food, sex and even little financial push does not really count, there is a lot that matters more
The following are some of what you should aim to be and he also has to see you in the same light:

You have to become his -
Motivator everyday
Catalyst for success
A reason to be a success etc.

You may not help him financially, but once he can tie you in with his grass to grace story, my sister, you are going nowhere!
Some guys can be ruled out though, but it is only a negligible percentage.

Disclaimer: This is my own opinion

lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Guy And Building A Future With A Broke Guy Are Not The Same!!! by tpwealth(m): 12:53pm On Jul 25, 2017
thumbs up bro!
Re: Dating A Broke Guy And Building A Future With A Broke Guy Are Not The Same!!! by tpwealth(m): 12:54pm On Jul 25, 2017
nice one bro
Re: Dating A Broke Guy And Building A Future With A Broke Guy Are Not The Same!!! by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2017
Wow... Nice one
Re: Dating A Broke Guy And Building A Future With A Broke Guy Are Not The Same!!! by jursh24(m): 1:09pm On Jul 25, 2017
Prevho:
First, dating a broke guy is your own perogative but at least, date one with potentials and big dreams.

Second, if you cannot stay, do not stay. Some broke guys are very analytical, they know when you are not for real and when chips are down, they drop you like a bag of potatoes.

Now this is coming on the back of Kondomatic comment on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/3944387/staying-him-when-he-broke
I feel it is imperative we trash this once and for all. I keep hearing ladies talking about how a guy they stood with when he was broke ditched them when he made it.

No logical and smart man will ever leave a lady who stood with him in this life, especially during his trying period.
The problem we have here though is in how you interpret the word “STAND”.

Most girls think standing with a broke guy means not asking him for money, giving him sex as he wants, cooking for me perpetually, not nagging and generally docile.

Most girls are actually STANDING without any verbal and active efort and they watch the guy do all the heavy lifiting, now when it is time to reap they say they were with you, REAAAAALLLLYYY!

The real idea here is the value of your worth in his eyes and how he rates you, there is a way you place yourself and you just become a time machine to him and he rides till he can get a better one.

You don’t pamper such guy or what other challenge is there for him to see (when in the real sense, you should be the challenge), instead you need to change your role.

So what does STANDING” with a broke guy means…

Most of the girls who claim guys leave them are mostly docile and when they act, they make it seem like they are doing you a great favor, broke guys can smell that from afar.

It simply refers to the level of influence you had in his life to achieving or actualizing his future ambition or getting better in life.
Are you the cornerstone or the pavement stone?

How much of your imprint and name will be mentioned when he tells that story?

ASK YOURSELF: If that guy was a company, what percentage will be your own share?

In this context, things like food, sex and even little financial push does not really count, there is a lot that matters more
The following are some of what you should aim to be and he also has to see you in the same light:

You have to become his -
Motivator everyday
Catalyst for success

You may not help him financially, but once he can tie you in with his grass to grace story, my sister, you are going nowhere!
Some guys can be ruled out though, but it is only a negligible percentage.

Disclaimer: This is my own opinion

lalasticlala
nyc write up
Re: Dating A Broke Guy And Building A Future With A Broke Guy Are Not The Same!!! by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 25, 2017
It takes a good policy of government to make a guy comfortable.No guy is broke.The economy policy of government changes their destiny.I no dey kuku find girlfriend.They are not adding anything in my bank account,except bleeping.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy And Building A Future With A Broke Guy Are Not The Same!!! by Khallyella(f): 1:10pm On Jul 25, 2017
All right!
But what if the guy gets bored of your motivational stories and doesn't wanna hear them at all?
Re: Dating A Broke Guy And Building A Future With A Broke Guy Are Not The Same!!! by pocohantas(f): 1:14pm On Jul 25, 2017
Nice OP, but no be if person stand?
Since the standing has different types...

You have to become his your -
Motivator everyday
Catalyst for success

Any logical and smart girl that has the ability to do this for any man, should take her time to invest in herself...and attract a similar man. The only exception is if she is really okay and wants to be a mentor cheesy cheesy

Ladies build yourselves!
That way there would be less stories that touch the heart, like being told the different types of STANDING kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy And Building A Future With A Broke Guy Are Not The Same!!! by Prevho: 1:14pm On Jul 25, 2017
Khallyella:
All right!
But what if the guy gets bored of your motivational stories and doesn't wanna hear them at all?

That is when you know the guy is not ready to proceed in life.

If he gets bored of your motivational stories, there is a chance that he is bored of you too,

RUN!
Re: Dating A Broke Guy And Building A Future With A Broke Guy Are Not The Same!!! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 25, 2017
Prevho:

You have to become his -
Motivator everyday
Catalyst for success

I'd rather invest all that in making myself a better woman and nothing will stop me from ending up with a like mind instead of investing all that in one man. Op, there's no guarantee that a woman who does the aforementioned for a broke nigga won't get dumped in the future.

Leave story abeg.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy And Building A Future With A Broke Guy Are Not The Same!!! by Prevho: 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2017
Benita27:
I'd rather invest all that in making myself a better woman and nothing will stop me from ending up with a like mind instead of investing all that in one man. Op, there's no guarantee that a woman who does the aforementioned for a broke nigga won't get dumped in the future.

Leave story abeg.

That is the best decision to me too

We are still on the same page.

This is what I started the article with...

I am writing to those girls who want to "stand" with a broke guy.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy And Building A Future With A Broke Guy Are Not The Same!!! by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2017
Booked incase e happen
Re: Dating A Broke Guy And Building A Future With A Broke Guy Are Not The Same!!! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 25, 2017
a guy that wants to leave must surely leave..no matter what
Re: Dating A Broke Guy And Building A Future With A Broke Guy Are Not The Same!!! by chigoizie7(m): 4:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
Khallyella:
All right!

In that case, he cannot be better than what he actually is. All u do is move on.

(1) (Reply)

5 Beauty Products Every Woman Needs To Have At All Times / Can A Male And Female Ever Truly Be Best Friends? / I Am Beginning To Feel Proud To Be African

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.