Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Is It Right To Inherit Your Late Elder Brother's Wife? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Inherit Your Late Elder Brother's Wife? (977 Views)

Help! I Dated Her Late Elder Sister And Now Am In Love With Her Only Sister / Ladies Why Getting Married In Your Late 20s / Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Inherit Your Late Elder Brother's Wife? by woye77: 6:39pm On Feb 07, 2010
i know this tradition is practiced in certain places in ibo and yoruba land but is it morally and spiritually right - what do you think about the tradition?
Re: Is It Right To Inherit Your Late Elder Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 07, 2010
It is wrong on all kinds of levels. Nigeria still has some sick practices lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Right To Inherit Your Late Elder Brother's Wife? by THEAMAKA(f): 6:42pm On Feb 07, 2010
i don't really think they do that nowadays, i think that tradition has died out (but maybe still practiced in some places. . .idk)
but its still right if youre living in the stone age. cool
igbo.
Re: Is It Right To Inherit Your Late Elder Brother's Wife? by Udiculus(m): 6:47pm On Feb 07, 2010
Hey,does a woman look like a property not 2 even talk of inheritance now.that kind of acts is not practised in yoruba land point of correction but in igbo land.If it exist in which i totally doubts,then dat means we still have some crazy nd wack human being living a disgraceful n irritating life,dat tradition totally sucks.
Re: Is It Right To Inherit Your Late Elder Brother's Wife? by omega25red(m): 7:21pm On Feb 07, 2010
woye77:

i know this tradition is practiced in certain places in ibo and yoruba land but is it morally and spiritually right - what do you think about the tradition?
beyond the fact that you have insinuated that the lady is her husbands family's property, that whole idea is disgusting. EWWWWW imagine having to bone your brothers wife or your husband's brother gross. I wonder if this still happens

(1) (Reply)

Her Dilemma / Long Lost Love / I Feel Bad For Girls. Really.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.