Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Myths That Will Never Die In Igala Land. Kogi State. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Myths That Will Never Die In Igala Land. Kogi State. (2881 Views)

Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) / 18 Passengers Die In Peace Mass Transit Accident / Man And His Four Daughters Die In Car Crash In U.S. (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Myths That Will Never Die In Igala Land. Kogi State. by Sebastine1994(m): 7:06pm On Jul 25, 2017
Kogi is an interesting place to live. The tertiary institution is why I am here. I have never seen such a superstitious people in my whole life. They so much believe in jazz. Even pastors secure their farms from thieves by placing an enchanted oracle.
There are myths that will never die in igala land. The annoying part is that there are no proof of these supernatural acts. No witnesses.
1. They fear the atta(king). They believe he is a god.
2. Some time ago the king placed a curse on vultures and they all disappeared from igala land.
3. The father to the present king cursed him, and ever since he had never worn a shoe.
4. The abuja property of the king was the only building that couldn't be demolished by el rufai bulldozer.

1 Like

Re: Myths That Will Never Die In Igala Land. Kogi State. by Sebastine1994(m): 7:18pm On Jul 25, 2017
For a new king to rise, he has to eat the heart of the dead late king. The late king will be buried with several virgins accompanying him to the afterlife. The new king will chose his plot where he would be buried if he dies
Re: Myths That Will Never Die In Igala Land. Kogi State. by divinehand2003(m): 7:19pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Know If I Should Travel Or I Stay In Nigeria / Nigerian In Maldives / 3 Escaped Male Lions With Full Bellies Recaptured on SA Farmland (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.