Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Russian Parliament Gives Final Approval To Ban Internet Anonymity - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Russian Parliament Gives Final Approval To Ban Internet Anonymity (343 Views)

How Do I Fix This Issue To Get Google Adsense Approval To Show Ads On My Blog / Facebook Will Livestream Mark Zuckerberg's Meeting With The European Parliament / Russia Threatens To Ban Facebook By 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Russian Parliament Gives Final Approval To Ban Internet Anonymity by 48noble(m): 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2017
this a threat to the future of nairaland,baddoo, Instagram and other social networks

The Russian parliament’s upper house on Tuesday gave final approval to ban virtual private networks and other services that helped to provide anonymity for internet users.
The bill, which was passed by the lower house last week, now needs President Vladimir Putin’s signature to become a law.
Proponents said that the measure would help to prevent extremism. Critics have condemned it as yet another clampdown on liberties in the former Soviet state.
Russia has been cracking down on online freedom in recent years, using measures such as banning internet companies from storing information about Russian citizens on foreign servers.
The business-oriented social network LinkedIn has been blocked in Russia on the allegation that it violated that rule.
(dpa/NAN)
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/foreign/238141-russian-parliament-gives-final-approval-ban-internet-anonymity.html
Re: Russian Parliament Gives Final Approval To Ban Internet Anonymity by GreatChizzy: 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2017
I wish I was Russian
Re: Russian Parliament Gives Final Approval To Ban Internet Anonymity by dogstyle007(m): 7:33pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Bulk Nigeria Email Address Needed / Bulk Sms Website Review / Cheap Germany Web Hosting Plans | One Dollar Hosting | $1 Unlimited Hosting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.