Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

The Devil Wears Okrika - Literature (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil Wears Okrika (626021 Views)

The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon / A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / The Devil In The Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by LadyHal1(f): 7:35pm On Nov 14, 2017
osi will interrupt the random poisoning hmm PA k is overrated in the village

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by HeirApparent(m): 8:18pm On Nov 14, 2017
Give it to a diligent and an intelligent writer who pays attention to details. You do more than 'tell' the story, you've seized ur readers' attention and drawn them into the 'world' of ur story. With sustained consistency, I see u on the global platform in no time.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by TeekayCarter: 10:49pm On Nov 14, 2017
LadyHal1:
osi will interrupt the random poisoning
hmm
PA k is overrated in the village

Remember, he is the oldest living man in Amaife and his personality portrays him as an elder whose interest is in the well being of his people.

Ironic as it may seem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Hilariousthiago(m): 1:48am On Nov 15, 2017
Update abeg cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 3:45am On Nov 15, 2017
mitchelljnr:
Hope Mr souloho19 is in good health, this one we've not heard from him.

thanks bro, I'm gud sorry for the delay

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 3:49am On Nov 15, 2017
arrestdarrester:

thanks bruv..would research on the 'finding forester'
I rili appreciate your comment

@ house I sight you all...would love to quote but I still have plans to sleep..thanks a gazillion for your comments, please kip em coming
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 4:09am On Nov 15, 2017
Walking was very tough for Osi. Each step caused a searing pain that shot straight to his chest. Almost forcing him to his knees for a rest. But he had to keep on moving. Sneaking out of the clinic was not difficult. It had been eerily quiet with no sign of the doctor or the nurse. It seemed everyone in the village had gathered at the market square.
Jelemba gripped his hand tightly and Osi tried his best to pick up pace. He was getting closer to the market square and he gritted his teeth in determination. He wasn't going to fall now, he couldn't give up. He chanted the words 'mind over matter' continuously in his head. He could collapse when he arrived at the market square but for now he had to be strong.

°•°•°•°•
Pa Kenneth seemed to be warning up and enjoying himself. He actually smiled. A scary evil smile.
He was obviously getting into his element and he began pacing as his voice grew louder.
His plan was to set the mood with his narrative while his accomplice in the crowd did the rest.
"Many many years ago, when I was still-"
"People of Amaife! Did we come here to listen to tales by moonlight or we came to mete out justice!!" Benedict interrupted him rudely.
There was a slight murmur from the crowd, it was like they all held their breath waiting.. Benedict had just interrupted their leader. For a second a pin could be heard dropping but then they all shouted in agreement "burn the devil, burn the killer! Burn the tyrant! Let him rot in hell!"
The chanting resumed.

At this point, pa Kenneth fell quiet. There was a resigned aura about him now, as if he had accepted the fate of his son.
Bartholomew's eyes were partially open and he stirred. He was no longer bleeding, it was as though all his blood had been drained and he looked dry. It was obvious he had few minutes or luckily an hour left but he was going to feel the pain of being burnt to death. Benedict was going to make sure of that and as he carried the 5 litre keg filled with kerosene (lifting it like a trophy) the crowd seemed to go wild.
They shouted "rot in hell! Burn in hell! Go and meet your twin brother the devil!"
Some of the youths began their regular war chants "ja ja kere, kere o, kere o..Ja ja kere..!"
Benedict poured a generous amount of the kerosene on Bartholomew's face "This is for Ozioma and her mother!" He shouted with fury.
"....kere o, kere o..ja ja kere!!"
"This is for Chisom!" More kerosene on his chest and neck.
"Ja kere..kere o.."
"Die and go to hell!"

°•°•°
In one week she had lost her 3 children. Bartholomew was as good as dead and just minutes ago she heard the rumour that Sofiri- her second son had died that afternoon. At the hand of his brother.

She observed her eldest son who was her first child as he lay still and unmoving apart from the frequent twitching of his legs and hands. He had killed both of his siblings, his blood sister and blood brother and she suddenly felt angry as the realization struck her. Angry at him but mostly angry for him.
He used to be a sweet little boy until his father took him and his brother away. He was barely three then and Sofiri was just learning how to walk.
She had known about the evil deeds Kenneth committed. But he had always controlled her.(Even now he still held so much control over her. She didn't even think twice but had gone to fetch the palm wine just as they he planned.)
she loved him dearly and had always been eager to please him but somewhere along the line the love turned to a terrible fear. Now when Pa Kenneth said jump, she asked how high and did just that. Even when he refused to marry her she still allowed him back to her bed even though she had been married then. Ezinne had been conceived that night.

Hearing her daughter's name snapped her from her deep thoughts. She blinked and refocused on what was happening around her.
"This is for Ezinne! Rot in hell pig!" Benedict poured the last of the kerosene and at this point Bartholomew was completely soaked.
He murmured something only Benedict heard and the youth leader laughed. A very mean laugh.

"People of Amaife, the devil begs! Did he listen to our daughters when they begged for their lives?"
"No!...death to the bastard!"
Benedict stood a short distance and lit a cigarette "people of Amaife, we would also have another trial today..our own leader...our number one citizen, the father of all...was the very same man...was the culprit who offered him shelter" he inhaled the smoke deeply and blew it from his nostrils. "He has a lot of questions to answer!" He looked directly at Pa Kenneth "you hear me...elder he said the 'elder' mockingly. "You have a lot to answer! But first..death to the killer!" He dragged from the cigarette once more, blew smoke rings and flicked it on Bartholomew's body.
The body burst into flames immediately.
There was a loud cheer from the crowd as the villagers gave a shout of victory and some clapped their hands.
The body burst into flames immediately.
At first there was nothing but then Bartholomew gave weak shouts..maybe if he had a little strength he would have flayed his hands about and tried to put out the fire but as it stood he could only watch himself burn.

Mama Ezinne watched her son and felt a pang in her heart. She remembered when he was a young and handsome boy. She remembered the first word he had spoken "momma". She remembered-
She couldn't stand it anymore, the grief she had tried so hard to fight was unleashed all of a sudden and she looked away from the body as her eyes became moist.
But she ran straight into Pa Kenneth's steely stare. She had never seen such an expression on his face in all the years she had known him. A mixture of rage, hurt, disappointment and so many more contorted features she couldn't understand. But his eyes...his eyes carried a very clear message and she trembled.
when it came to Pa Kenneth she only knew obedience.

She pushed aside her guilty conscience and hurriedly opened the keg. She had distributed the cups earlier but Benedict's ""justice"" (quadruple quote intentional cheesy) had stilled proceedings. Now she opened the keg. She made up her mind there and then; She was going to drink a cup also. She won't be able to live with herself otherwise.

She shut out the still gentle voice in her head...the voice that sounded so much like Ezinne asking 'what are you doing?' and instead focused on the victorious shouts and singing ('Finally! The devil is dead! Woooo!') Coming from the crowd.

The villagers were jubilating, shouting and singing and mama Ezinne filled the cup in her hand and passed it to the closest person. His name was Phillip and he was one of the youths that had dragged Bartholomew to the market square. He broke from his singing and smiled at her. "Thank you Dada...daalu"
"Please drink and pass it" she said, avoiding his gaze.
"Haa..please o..I haven't drank palm wine in a long while and besides I haven't slept..I spent the whole night searching for that bastard..I think I deserve to finish this cup...biko"
Before she could respond, he drank the palm wine..rushing it down his throat in a single gulp.

°•°°•°•
Pa Kenneth smiled when the young man downed the contents. He was pleased when people started requesting for palm wine.
The ones who had gotten cups were waving them frantically, requesting a fill.
ha-ha..begging for poison
He looked at Bartholomew's charred remains, still burning and smoking up to the sky. your death would be avenged son..he promised quietly

He felt his insides light up in pleasure when Benedict strode comfortably to the keg. His peers parted for him as he passed, making the old man scoff. This clown has already attained 'Dé' status...so much respect and for what? agitating for jungle justice? running a kangaroo court with only one outcome? He spat in the dirt in contempt when the butcher turned to him and shouted "my people let's not forget we have another trial! Bartholomew had an accomplice...we need an explanation...but first..." He turned to the keg and someone offered him a cup immediately. "We shack!!"

°•°•°•
Reverend Okorie was very disturbed by what he had seen/was seeing.
He belonged to the school of thought that judgement belonged to God alone but he had been helpless to do anything apart from mutter a quick prayer for the soul which was no doubt hell bound.
He was feeling restless in his spirit. He had a feeling something was going to happen which confused him considering all that was happening but he didn't know what it was.

But something he recognised as the holy spirit told him it was about Pa Kenneth...just looking at the evil smile made him frown in thought.

°•°•°•°
Osi arrived at the market square almost out of breath. His chest felt like it was on fire and he would have given anything to be back on the bed in the clinic. But he knew he was in a race against time...could even feel he was behind...
He said a quick prayer as his eyes scanned the crowd.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Asek1(m): 4:43am On Nov 15, 2017
Weldone brotherly, weldone
Sabali is indeed a virtue

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by kingphilip(m): 6:07am On Nov 15, 2017
Souloho19 you no see anybody name to use na my own ba undecided

Better come appease with one good update o or else

You're doing a great job here BTW just that your updates come scarce these days
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by cyndy1000(f): 6:33am On Nov 15, 2017
God I pray for divine intervention ah how can a whole village die who will be left out?Osi should or the Rev should have a feeling n Start praying so that de whole village will also know that there's power above. Soulho thanks for the update more strength
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by smileing: 6:59am On Nov 15, 2017
Omg shocked
Even mama Ezinne
Nawa o.she couldn't even think of Ezinne but the evil barthlomew and his father
Abeg after this story, ll deal with this woman specially
Family of evil.

Souloho19 continue abeg
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by tillaman(m): 7:28am On Nov 15, 2017
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Lildiamond: 8:53am On Nov 15, 2017
Best story .
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by coolie1: 9:14am On Nov 15, 2017
fuvck noo, fuvck nooo fuvck noooo, why sohl why this much suspense_(cries) embarassed
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by coolie1: 9:17am On Nov 15, 2017
d
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nphzzycute(f): 9:45am On Nov 15, 2017
obviously, another update is next week undecided...

we'll sha finish this story one day..

thanks tho
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by cyndy1000(f): 10:07am On Nov 15, 2017
It's obvious that Part Kenneth use Jazz on mama ezinne
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by phayth(f): 10:55am On Nov 15, 2017
Guy, u are da bomb!

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Hilariousthiago(m): 11:06am On Nov 15, 2017
Some people sef :-( must you quote the whole chapter
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by kikiwendy(f): 11:23am On Nov 15, 2017
Souloho thanks for the update but pls oo update frequently na
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by EkopSparoAyara(m): 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2017
Oh mehnn.. Suspense wants to kill me oo shocked shocked
Soulholo19 great job
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by jide219(m): 12:59pm On Nov 15, 2017
soulholo19 abeg quick come ,i wan die for suspense
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by kingphilip(m): 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nphzzycute:
obviously, another update is next week undecided...

we'll sha finish this story one day..

thanks tho
nooooooo don't talk like that now

don't worry another update is next month 25th wink
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2017
So much suspense embarassed
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by eROCK247(m): 3:25pm On Nov 15, 2017
souloho19:

Pa Kenneth smiled when the young man downed the contents. He was pleased when people started requesting for palm wine.
The ones who had gotten cups were waving them frantically, requesting a fill.
ha-ha..begging for poison
He looked at Bartholomew's charred remains, still burning and smoking up to the sky. your death would be avenged son..he promised quietly

Thanks for the update. Hope this plan of his won't succeed o!
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Oluwakemi65(f): 3:28pm On Nov 15, 2017
Criis:
So much suspense embarassed
Abii my heart is in my liver. shocked
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Ephhay(f): 3:46pm On Nov 15, 2017
I want more embarassed
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Ayomicome(m): 3:47pm On Nov 15, 2017
cryWow.....this is serious o
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Mobecs(f): 6:28pm On Nov 15, 2017
tillaman:
Mr Souloho good work man, we want more!!
REALLY And so you had to quote the whole thing?
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by emmyN(m): 10:20pm On Nov 15, 2017
I get it now, the Kenneth lineage practice BDSM. That explains mama Ezinne's submission
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by tillaman(m): 12:58am On Nov 16, 2017
Oii
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by EbonyQueen001(f): 5:27am On Nov 16, 2017
Yeeeeeeee! I can't believe I missed the mention. Kai! I checked few hours ago to see over twenty mentions. To think the story has been on since July. Souloho19 no vex abeg.
I am seriously trying to catch up. Will comment properly once I am done.

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (84) (Reply)

All In A Circle.....(A crime story) / Deceitful Couple / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013>

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.