Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,075 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:28 AM

How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site (22831 Views)

I'm Creating A Niche Site From $0 To $500 A Month. Who Wants To Follow Along? / 3 Profitable Niche Site Selection Techniques That Works Great In 2018 (with PDF) / My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 7:09pm On Aug 01, 2017
Omagzee:

No, thanks to you rather. I modified your mention, I really do need your clarification on that Wikipedia copy right stuff. Please check it.

Hi Oma,

Regarding getting images from Wikipedia, I think that's fine. Just give attributions.

You are good.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Hi Oma,

The Wikipedia copy right stuff?

Do care to clarify?

I'm not particularly following.

I do use images from Wikipedia on my blog. You know Google doesn't like that due to copy right issues. But, Wikipedia has clearly stated that images from their site can be distributed, remixed and even shared. So, does using images from Wikipedia on my blog breaks Google's policy on the use of images that doesn't belong to you on your website?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Hi Oma,

Regarding getting images from Wikipedia, I think that's fine. Just give attributions.

You are good.
Attributions? How do I do that?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by djbasket(m): 7:27pm On Aug 01, 2017
Sorry I came late, hope a front row seat is still available
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2017
Omagzee:

Attributions? How do I do that?

By attribution, I mean give credit.

But don't worry too much about this. It's really not an issue.

It's just ethical to give credit to images you source somewhere else.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 7:49pm On Aug 01, 2017
djbasket:
Sorry I came late, hope a front row seat is still available

Always DJbasket.

Are you are a dj?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by djbasket(m): 8:17pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Always DJbasket.

Are you are a dj?

Nope, its just a nick name
pls i'm having trouble subcribing for the newsletter @ your signature, i just can't pass reCAPTHA, don't know why
can you pls help me subscribe
enilolobopromise@gmail dot com
thanks
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 8:54pm On Aug 01, 2017
Lesson 3: Keyword Research (part 4)

Continuing from yesterday's lesson...

Step 4: Searching for your first keywords

So, what's an industry with products that people shop for, especially women?

How about something to do with babies? Cribs?

Sounds fine.

So, we type 'cribs' into the Adwords Keyword tool, and hit search.

There about 700 keywords associated with 'cribs' that are returned.

Examples are:

'baby cot' 1000

baby bed' 720

'crib' 480

'baby bassinet' (what's that?) 90

'baby cot bed' 50

'wooden baby cot' 50

'baby cradle' 40

baby furniture' 40

'baby bedding' 30

'baby cots for sale' 30

'baby bed price' 20

'nursery furniture' 20

'baby wooden bed' 20

'crib colors' 10

'baby cache cribs' 10

'used baby cribs' 10

'baby bed with drawers' 10

'round baby cot' 10

'infant baby bed' 10

'crib baby' 10

'baby cradle crib' 10

'new crib' 10

'simple baby cribs' 10

The figures are local (Nigeria) avg. monthly searches.

A screenshot should suffice here but I don't know how to format it in here. So forgive me.

It's going to be difficult going through all the keywords returned. Looking through the list, there are over 700 keywords returned.

I ranked them from highest avg. monthly searches to lowest.

At the top is 'baby cot'.

Let's start with that.

What we want to do now is check how viable this niche will be using our trusty SEO value (Still remember this?).

Step 5: Calculating SEO Value

(Exact Local Searches X CPC) X 0.01 = SEO Value

For 'baby cot' that will be:

(CPC for baby cot is 0.27 dollars)

(1,000 x 0.27) x 0.01 = 2.7 dollars.

What does this mean?

This means, a niche site optimized just around the keyword 'baby cots' that ranks on the first page of google (position 1-3 that is) is likely going to earn 2.7 dollars per month in Adsense income.

I'm not saying you should go and create a niche site around baby cots.

So for the sake of this guide let's just roll with this. Note that, you will be conducting this exercise for more than one keyword at a time.

Step 6: Further Analysis

Now, it's time to open your spreadsheet and start entering some data.

>Enter your keyword under the 'keyword' column exactly as it is. Be careful not to make errors when you put data in your spreadsheet.

>Come up with a domain name for the keyword. Have your keyword in your domain name and preferably at the start.

example: babycotforyou.com is better than myamazingbabycot.com.

This is a ranking factor by google. A minor factor but one nonetheless.

Of course, it is not a must for your keywords to appear in your domain name. The most important thing here is to have a brandable and memorable domain name.

Baby-cot4u.com is terrible. No one is going to remember that.

Peacebaby.com is good even though it doesn't have the keyword in it. It's brandable and memorable.

Now go check if the domain name is available then go ahead and enter the domain name if it is in the 'domain avalaible' column.

>Put the avg. monthly search volume and Average CPC also in their respective column.

>Then input your calculated SEO Value in its column.

This concludes the lesson for today.

Tomorrow we do further analysis.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 9:01pm On Aug 01, 2017
djbasket:

Nope, its just a nick name
pls i'm having trouble subcribing for the newsletter @ your signature, i just can't pass reCAPTHA, don't know why
can you pls help me subscribe
enilolobopromise@gmail dot com
thanks

Done.

Just a nick name sad

I have a family event coming up and I was looking for a dj.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 9:08pm On Aug 01, 2017
Hey guys,

A little something before I go to bed. Really tired.

I'm planing on ranking a site in google and once it gets to the first page for its primary keywords I will give it out for free to one of my thread readers.

Is anyone going to be interested in this?

If you are, please tell me what niche you will like the site to be on.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

By attribution, I mean give credit.

But don't worry too much about this. It's really not an issue.

It's just ethical to give credit to images you source somewhere else.

Yes, I can just write something like: "images from Wikipedia. Org" at the end of my articles.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by deturla: 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
Hey guys,

I'm planing on ranking a site in google and once it gets to the first page for its primary keywords I will give it out for free to one of my thread readers.

Men's health.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by blackstreak: 9:49pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
Hey guys,

Students welfare covers (academics, skill, advice, computer tech, web tweaks and a bit of recess and fun stuff(tv series promotion reviews and special music albums) )

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Preciousspring: 10:10pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
Hey guys,

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Preciousspring: 10:15pm On Aug 01, 2017
Please I am interested my niche is healthy living with health tips and healthy natural foods.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by djbasket(m): 10:35pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
Hey guys,

health and fitness
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by djbasket(m): 10:43pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Done.

Just a nick name sad

I have a family event coming up and I was looking for a dj.
thank you so much
concerning the family event i wish i could help, i can mix songs but i'm not that good
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by blessednnakude(m): 10:55pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Hello blessed,

First, the .com extension will limit your sites SEO. It doesn't have as much add-ons (like plugins) and support as a custom domain name. Do get a custom domain name as soon as you can.

Second, don't copy and paste someone's content on your site. Google doesn't like this and they certainly won't rank you.

If you are strapped for cash you can use the blogger platform as practice until you get done from school.

Wish you all the best.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you very much I already did a lot of indexing and even paid for one. Getting a domain name. Will my old URL still be working?
Secondly. Where can I get cheap domain name that can be cheap enough for my yearly payment. I had one before for $5 but the renewal is $35 dollar so I abandoned it because I was not aware of blogging so much like I am now.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by djbasket(m): 11:04pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
Hey guys,

i would have suggested a music blog (that's what I've always wanted to do just like notjustok,tooxclusive and likes) but i learnt from one of your eye opening posts here that a music blog would be a bad idea, because nigeria is populated with entertainment blogs and 75% of these entertainment blogs have music category, thank God and thank you i realised on time. the competition would kill the blog.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by suk22: 11:56pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
Hey guys,

Bro, I will like it to be on health and fitness.
Youu are doing a good job here. I appreciate the lesson.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
Hey guys,

Real Estate Sir

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by jayjaycool(m): 5:43am On Aug 02, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
Hey guys,

Domain name niche is okay for me.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by blessednnakude(m): 8:30am On Aug 02, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
Hey guys,

Yea very much interested in it. Or better still help me a good domain for my inspiration and stories blog.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Chiemerie8(m): 9:28am On Aug 02, 2017
[url]chiemeriewebsite..com[/url] a recipe blog and pls leave a comment
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
Hey guys,

sport (football)
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Compliant(m): 10:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
Hey guys,

Have being following this thread with kin interest and I understand very well all the messages you have being passing across, got a note book to put down the key point. Thanks very much for this thread

Would be grateful if i can have it and would be happy if the niche is on BABY HEALTH OR WOMEN HEALTH

thanks
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by cupidkef(m): 2:32am On Aug 03, 2017
I have been inspired .....am still troubled on a niche site to go for.........I have a building construction niche in mind....I am not a professional in the field ,jut a student ,but I have noticed that students in my faculty find it hard to see some assignment topic on google .......
Your opinions will help a brother.....
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Keemie(f): 9:58am On Aug 03, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
Hey guys,

I am interested in tech, DIY, writing, reading etc.
Although, I think we should leave the topic to you.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Keemie(f): 9:59am On Aug 03, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
Hey guys,

Although, I think you should choose a topic.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by KinzyeWriter(m): 10:15am On Aug 03, 2017
Keemie:

Although, I think you should choose a topic.
Hello, just checked out your blog, please like how much is it you spent to make your blog?

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 10:17am On Aug 03, 2017
Compliant:

Have being following this thread with kin interest and I understand very well all the messages you have being passing across, got a note book to put down the key point. Thanks very much for this thread

Would be grateful if i can have it and would be happy if the niche is on BABY HEALTH OR WOMEN HEALTH

thanks

Howdy

Glad you are getting some Value from the thread. We have barely scratched the surface. More to come. My joy is for you to fill up that notebook!

Women's health and baby's health are very interesting niches!

Noted!

Thank you for the kind words.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by KinzyeWriter(m): 10:17am On Aug 03, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
Hey guys,

Hi Bro, Please I need to do something in line with music... more like forum where we can discuss about music sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Facebook, Messenger And Instagram ‘Down’ In Mysterious Mass Outage / Alexa Is Shutting Down! / Cost of Developing a Website in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.