Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,501 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:38 PM

How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site - Webmasters (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site (22833 Views)

I'm Creating A Niche Site From $0 To $500 A Month. Who Wants To Follow Along? / 3 Profitable Niche Site Selection Techniques That Works Great In 2018 (with PDF) / My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 27, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Hi Henry,

I like your site's design. Very responsive.

Looks clean on mobile.

But what problem are you solving with this?

How do you monetize this?

Can you think of a product to sell in line with your blog's topic?

I really appreciate what you're doing, you talk about writing long post like over 1000 words.

I hardly write long post, sometimes i run out of what to write after covering the main thing, how do you write long post? Is there any rule one can follow?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2017
henrykene:

I will like you to give me what I am going to blog about, so I will set up a brand new blog for it while my lyrics blog is still rolling.

Hello Henry

I will whip up a post on this. Watch this space.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2017
udemzy101:

I really appreciate what you're doing, you talk about writing long post like over 1000 words.

I hardly write long post, sometimes i run out of what to write after covering the main thing, how do you write long post? Is there any rule one can follow?

Hi Udem

Long posts are important to outrank your competitors. It's also a major ranking factor google uses.

Like you said, you run out of things to write when you cover the main theme in your post. That might be the problem.

You want to take every theme or sub category as a main theme. Delve deep down into every thing you write. Be extremely detailed.

You need to master the art of structuring a post and I will be writing something tonight on how I do this. This will help you write 2,000+ word post very easily.

Make sure you check back.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by nwabuking24c: 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2017
Nice write up. Online entrepreneurship pays a great deal. I am a living testimony. I will be sharing my story in no time of how I used good content in my chosen Niche to drive sales of my products and traffic to my site - oxleyconsults (www.oxleyconsults.com.ng). Its such an amazing experience. It took several years my people. Started out in April 2012 and tried out a couple of things, learning what works and what doesn't up until 2017 when I started earning real money. My learning curve is quite enduring and interesting as well. It only takes patience, perseverance and consistency. Don't quit even though you earn nothing. Keep working at it. What will happen to you at the end is, you would have learnt what works and what doesn't. Stay in the Niche where you have experience and passion, perfect your writing skills to improve on the content you put out. Develop your skills to the point that you become an authority in your chosen Niche to the point that you can shape opinions on that area. Get handy with your SEO skills. Drive your content up their in search engine rankings. It will take time but do what need to be done and your organic search will grow though it takes times. At the end, you will see that someone somewhere on this earth will need your product (www.oxleyconsults.com.ng/source/). Someone will surely read or download your content, find it useful and is willing to pay your price.

Like I said, I will be sharing my success story soon. Don't forget that e-Commerce is it. It is now the way to go. Having good/quality/sell-able content is one thing and knowing how to monetize your contents and be able to collect payment from your customers/subscribers online via e-Commerce tools and platforms (like PayPal, Stripe, Gumroad, Selz and even Direct bank ACH) is another thing. These are some of the things I will be discussing in my upcoming post. Let's just be on the look out. God bless all OUR Hussle. Amen
Nichesiteseo:
First things first.

I'm not here to sell anything.

I'm just here to provide helpful and actionable content.

There will be no pitches or telling you to visit my site to get more info blah blah...

Everything here will be free!

I'm just here to tell you how a humble boy from Ogun State made his dream come true from his dirty bedroom in his village house, with a laptop, wearing pyjamas all day!

Let's get started...

I was reading some of the topics on the webmaster section here and I realised one big pain point for many.

A disturbing recurring pattern:

Making money online is hard for so many on here.

I was once in this situation a few years back. So I understand the frustrations and feelings of helplessness I have seen from some here.

I decided to start a new topic and provide a blueprint that worked for me to make my first couple of moolahs online.

If you have never made a dime online the simplest and most straightforward way
to do it is by....

Building a niche site!

I believe a niche site is simply the best way for anyone to get their feet wet in making money online.

I must warn you though that it's not easy.

It's simple and straightforward but not easy!

Catch my Drift?

My story

When I built my first niche site, I had no idea what it would turn into.

I had no idea that it was going to change my life...

At the time I was building a site for my local church and trying to rank it for some church related keywords.

After about 3 months of trial and error I got the site ranking for juicy keywords and traffic began spiking for the site.

I got hooked and decided to try what I learned to a personal site!

The plan was to build the site, do some SEO and slap Adsense on it - you know, just test and see what happens.

When the site started taking off and making me some moolah, I knew I had a winning money making model online!

I didn't plan on making this a long term gig, I had just finished uni and this was a side project to supplement my NYSC 'allawee'.

In December 2010 (my first full month of doing this) I put in a lot of work and earned...nothing!

Zero

Nada

Zilch.

After hours and hours of pounding at the keyboard. It was sad.

I kept at it.

March 2012 rolled in and it was the month i made my first dime online!

It was a paltry $3 dollars but I was so happy!

Months after that were even rougher but I believed in the model and kept at it.

By June ending things started clicking and revenue was $200.

September 2012 and I was grossing $500+. And in January 2013 I was well over the $1000 dollars/month mark.

In the end it had all paid off.

I was making more money than the company I was working for at the time. It was insane.

February 2013 I quit my job.

I phoned a friend of mine. He was working for a Big bank at the time.

I told him about what I was doing and why he should leave his job, move into my bedroom and be my partner.

Ending of February, he quit his six figure income job and moved into my bedroom where we worked from.

By the ending of 2013, we were grossing $10,000 a month!

And on and on and on it went!

'But that was before. The space is saturated now and this can't work in 2017', I hear you say.

It still works and I still make money online this way. I have several niche sites I have been running since 2011 still churning money.

I also know numerous people who are currently employing same and similar process to make income from the internet.

Over the coming days, I'm going to give you a detailed step by step guide (super blueprint) of how you can build and SEO a niche site to make $500 (my target income for you) on the internet.

Like I said before, it's simple but not easy.

If you are looking for a get rich quick method without a lot of work this is not for you. This is for people who are willing to put in the work which isn't in anyway difficult.

The guide will be free and packed full of info and actionable content to help you make money online with niche sites.

I won't be leaving anything out! I will be writing this as if I was writing it for my kids.

Tell your friends who know nothing about the internet, SEO or building an Adsense site.

Tell your friends who keep struggling with making an income on the internet!

I need you to spread this guide around. Talk about it.

To be honest, I have kept some of this info to myself for a long time. I'm not too sure what I was scared of. Competition, maybe.

But I don't think I can stand by anymore and watch people continue to be frustrated, flailing and getting scammed trying to make a decent income online.

Now, I want as many people to learn about how to apply SEO and build niche sites because this stuff works!

It is my hope that I put scammers who charge for this sort of info to shame and out of bussiness!

I'm going to be writing out the guide here under this topic and if you follow it and do what it says, you will get a bit of value here.

Build as many niche sites as you can.

Be patient and enjoy it all!

PS. No skill required to follow along so this applies to total newbies! As long as you can do basic things on your PC and online.

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by deturla: 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Hi Udem

Long posts are important to outrank your competitors. It's also a major ranking factor google uses.

Like you said, you run out of things to write when you cover the main theme in your post. That might be the problem.

You want to take every theme or sub category as a main theme. Delve deep down into every thing you write. Be extremely detailed.

You need to master the art of structuring a post and I will be writing something tonight on how I do this. This will help you write 2,000+ word post very easily.

Hi

Okay, so let's agree that I knew nothing about niche blogging before starting out my blog: a mix of blogging on love relationships and photography. It was out of passion before deciding on monetizing.

What I'm really finding hard to do is how to become an authority blog with this multi niche site.

Asides this, do you think there is a way I could inter-relate relationships and photography as an authority blog?

You may check it out the blog a bit more to understand what I'm talking about.

Cheers

www.deedeesblog.com
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 27, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Hi Udem

Thanks, patiently waiting.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Dottune(m): 7:28pm On Aug 27, 2017
@Nichesiteseo

Hey Boss, I'm thinking of going into the Education Niche, what do you think about it?

I'm presently a corp member and I would be through with Service by October, that's when I intend to start.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by nwabuking24c: 8:06pm On Aug 27, 2017
Nice write up. Online entrepreneurship pays a great deal. I am a living testimony. I will be sharing my story in no time of how I used good content in my chosen Niche to drive sales of my products and traffic to my site - oxleyconsults (www.oxleyconsults.com.ng). Its such an amazing experience. It took several years my people. Started out in April 2012 and tried out a couple of things, learning what works and what doesn't up until 2017 when I started earning real money. My learning curve is quite enduring and interesting as well. It only takes patience, perseverance and consistency. Don't quit even though you earn nothing. Keep working at it. What will happen to you at the end is, you would have learnt what works and what doesn't. Stay in the Niche where you have experience and passion, perfect your writing skills to improve on the content you put out. Develop your skills to the point that you become an authority in your chosen Niche to the point that you can shape opinions on that area. Get handy with your SEO skills. Drive your content up their in search engine rankings. It will take time but do what need to be done and your organic search will grow though it takes times. At the end, you will see that someone somewhere on this earth will need your product (www.oxleyconsults.com.ng/source/). Someone will surely read or download your content, find it useful and is willing to pay your price.

Like I said, I will be sharing my success story soon. Don't forget that e-Commerce is it. It is now the way to go. Having good/quality/sell-able content is one thing and knowing how to monetize your contents and be able to collect payment from your customers/subscribers online via e-Commerce tools and platforms (like PayPal, Stripe, Gumroad, Selz and even Direct bank ACH) is another thing. These are some of the things I will be discussing in my upcoming post. Let's just be on the look out. God bless all OUR Hussle. Amen
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by SHOPPERS(m): 10:05pm On Aug 27, 2017
Mehn! Read through 8 Pages of purely educative premium content, I must say WELDONE SIR!
I learnt a lot of these ranking stuffs on warriorforum back then. Applied it and it truly works. But I lost out at the very beginning; I chose a blank niche. My blog in my signature ranked for several sweet keywords concerning my school then Unilorin. Also gained a lot of fans on my facebook page making it currently second to only the school's owm page.

But....

All fans and no customers. Guess I was just blind to opportunities.

Well, thanks for the sharp tutorials, will get up from my slumber now and will put up something on blogger again to test grounds then fly on to wordpress.

Following You Right On The Tail Bro Fred. By the way, how was church today sir and hope the website is up and high.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Dollarground(m): 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2017
udemzy101:

Writing long posts are not really the main thing to consider.
You have to choose good focus keywords for your blog contents to help you rank well in search engines.

Also you must know the best positions to insert your focus keywords.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Dollarground(m): 10:43pm On Aug 27, 2017
Dottune:
@Nichesiteseo

Hey Boss, I'm thinking of going into the Education Niche, what do you think about it?

I'm presently a corp member and I would be through with Service by October, that's when I intend to start.
That will be a nice idea, you will succeed hence you know more about it.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by SHOPPERS(m): 10:49pm On Aug 27, 2017
Long Posts are important as they increase the length of time spent on your site by a visitor. Googlebot believes this is due to the quality of the post and increases your visibility on search results. Same rules apply to other techniques as well. Remember, Googlebot Is But A Bot. This simple truth is the foundation theory upon which all SEO techniques are built, be it Whitehat Or Blackhat Or Jujuhat. Its all about making the Almighty Googlebot believe you're superior in quality to others.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Dollarground(m): 11:06pm On Aug 27, 2017
SHOPPERS:
Long Posts are important as they increase the length of time spent on your site by a visitor. Googlebot believes this is due to the quality of the post and increases your visibility on search results. Same rules apply to other techniques as well. Remember, Googlebot Is But A Bot. This simple truth is the foundation theory upon which all SEO techniques are built, be it Whitehat Or Blackhat Or Jujuhat. Its all about making the Almighty Googlebot believe you're superior in quality to others.
Yea, but in most cases, well optimized post perform well.
Inter link building is a very good seo practice to focus.

This helps to reduce your bounce rate by increasing the visitors time on your site.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by britishknight: 3:22am On Aug 28, 2017
Am at loss with using key words to choose a domain name.
Please can someone help me out?

Should i go for those that have high search volume or lesser ones?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 28, 2017
Dollarground:
Writing long posts are not really the main thing to consider.
You have to choose good focus keywords for your blog contents to help you rank well in search engines.

Also you must know the best positions to insert your focus keywords.

Hmmm.. Noted

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Dollarground(m): 8:43am On Aug 28, 2017
udemzy101:

Hmmm.. Noted
Good
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Dollarground(m): 8:45am On Aug 28, 2017
britishknight:

You can choose any keyword as your domain name, but while writing your blog posts, you should choose keywords with medium search volume

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Dollarground(m): 8:52am On Aug 28, 2017
For those that are using blogger, I have created a complete guide that you will use to get massive traffic to your blog. This is a proven strategy.
Send me an email to Somwealth1@gmail.com to get it.

Please don't drop your email address here, just Send me an email.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 28, 2017
nice thread i love this guy bravo nice job..
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 3:37pm On Aug 29, 2017
deturla:

Hi

Okay, so let's agree that I knew nothing about niche blogging before starting out my blog: a mix of blogging on love relationships and photography. It was out of passion before deciding on monetizing.

What I'm really finding hard to do is how to become an authority blog with this multi niche site.

Asides this, do you think there is a way I could inter-relate relationships and photography as an authority blog?

You may check it out the blog a bit more to understand what I'm talking about.

Cheers

www.deedeesblog.com

I just checked your blog.

The problem here is there is no angle. Not to mention a unique angle.

It's very difficult being an authority the way you have structured things.

You want to pick a problem, then find a unique angle to solve that problem. That's how to become an authority in a niche.

If I wanted to run a photography blog, here is what I will do:

What problem can I solve within this niche?

People have a love for taking brilliant pictures, right? But many don't want to be carrying professional cameras around. They are usually ugly and heavy. Plus inconvenient for everyday use.

That's a problem, right?

Now what unique angle can I bring to the table to solve this?

Use an iPhone.

I will then teach people how to use an iPhone to take professional looking pictures. I will hit that topic from every angle I can think of.

I will snap up a domain like like: iPhonephotography.com

My tag line could be: Taking pictures that wow with your IPhone.

Hope you dig?

You can go back to read my post on using angles to dominate your niche.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2017
Dottune:
@Nichesiteseo

What problem do you want to solve in that niche?

That's what you should be stating.

And what unique angle are you going to use to tackle the problem?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 3:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
muhamad9582:
nice thread i love this guy bravo nice job..

Hi Muhamad

Thank you for the nice words.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 3:57pm On Aug 29, 2017
britishknight:

First, your keywords don't have to be in your domain name. It's a minor ranking factor that is continuing to lose relevance as google is cracking down on people that stuff keywords in their domain name.

What matters is that your domain name be memorable and brandable.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 5:51pm On Aug 31, 2017
How to Write a Blog Post Outline: A simple Formula

I got a question a few days ago on how to write long form articles/blog posts. I'm talking 2,000+ word content.

Here is something that should help:

https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/how-to-write-blog-post-outline
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by samogo1: 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2017
Hi, I must confess you are doing a great job.
I personally have had 2 failed nichesite. They were on fruit juicers and exercise bikes. Both site were product review site. But I didn't earn a dime from both until they expired. Reason was that I made poor keyword research. I couldn't rank because they were for America audience.

But now I have a question.
For example, I decided to start a blog on stretch mark remedies (Nigeria audience). Now I choose a keyword "stretch mark removal" which have about 1,000 searches for Nigeria and $0.11 CPC.

but when I search google for the exact keyword, I don't seem to see any website/blog targeted towards nigeria audience undecided but of course I'm searching from Nigeria except I put an extension to the keyword ==> "stretch mark removal in Nigeria" . Its confusing.

Can you explain better how this keyword relates to Nigeria searches...

I don't know if you understand what I'm trying to point out? Why is oyibo sites still ranking for keywords I'm searching in Nigeria.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by SHOPPERS(m): 6:46pm On Sep 01, 2017
Simply because there are no good enough Nigerian sites to outrank them. You might have a big goldmine with you bro, though it might take time to beat that.

I'm also looking into naijafying big keywords with little local online competition.

Good luck
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 7:02pm On Sep 01, 2017
samogo1:
Hi, I must confess you are doing a great job.
I personally have had 2 failed nichesite. They were on fruit juicers and exercise bikes. Both site were product review site. But I didn't earn a dime from both until they expired. Reason was that I made poor keyword research. I couldn't rank because they were for America audience.

But now I have a question.
For example, I decided to start a blog on stretch mark remedies (Nigeria audience). Now I choose a keyword "stretch mark removal" which have about 1,000 searches for Nigeria and $0.11 CPC.

but when I search google for the exact keyword, I don't seem to see any website/blog targeted towards nigeria audience undecided but of course I'm searching from Nigeria except I put an extension to the keyword ==> "stretch mark removal in Nigeria" . Its confusing.

Can you explain better how this keyword relates to Nigeria searches...

I don't know if you understand what I'm trying to point out? Why is oyibo sites still ranking for keywords I'm searching in Nigeria.

Like SHOPPERS said, there are no good Nigerian sites to outrank them. That you are making your search from Nigeria doesn't mean that google will only display results from Nigerian owned sites.

You do get a bit of bump for searches in your locality if you target that local region either by using a local extension like .ng or limiting your targeting to that local region through google console.

however, you still have to compete globally.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by samogo1: 7:39pm On Sep 01, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Like SHOPPERS said, there are no good Nigerian sites to outrank them. That you are making your search from Nigeria doesn't mean that google will only display results from Nigerian owned sites.

You do get a bit of bump for searches in your locality if you target that local region either by using a local extension like .ng or limiting your targeting to that local region through google console.

however, you still have to compete globally.

Thank you sir...
I'd love to communicate with you privately, please how can I reach you?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Xtianoking: 9:41pm On Sep 01, 2017
Hello @Nichesiteseo... Nice one..... Have been reading everything... am still waiting for tips to earn money
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Dollarground(m): 10:35pm On Sep 01, 2017
SHOPPERS:
Simply because there are no good enough Nigerian sites to outrank them. You might have a big goldmine with you bro, though it might take time to beat that.

I'm also looking into naijafying big keywords with little local online competition.

Good luck
Exactly,
for you to outrank them, you have to do your keyword research consistently and you need to optimise your posts very well.

Your focus keywords should be in the best positions in your blog.

And you need to also optimize your images.

This are what helps my blog to rank in search engines
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 10:45pm On Sep 01, 2017
samogo1:

Thank you sir...
I'd love to communicate with you privately, please how can I reach you?

The best way to reach me is through my email address - fredster389 at gmail dot com.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by KinzyeWriter(m): 2:28pm On Sep 02, 2017
henrykene:

I will like you to give me what I am going to blog about, so I will set up a brand new blog for it while my lyrics blog is still rolling.

Hello, I so much live your site design.

How much does it cost you and How do I get to talk with the designer?

Please I need your help?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Alexa Is Shutting Down! / Cost of Developing a Website in Nigeria / Website Designing, Graphic Designing, And Web Hosting Services. Cheap & Reliable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.