Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,248 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

They Said It But I Was Too Deaf To Listen - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / They Said It But I Was Too Deaf To Listen (406 Views)

Deaf And Mute Couple Wed In Akwa Ibom . Photos / Things That Girls Hate To Listen / My Fiancée And A Man Are Living Together, She Said It's Nothing! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

They Said It But I Was Too Deaf To Listen by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 26, 2017
"The creator gave man the prerogative of power over his own mind. It must have been the creator's purpose to encourage man to live his own life, think his own thoughts, find his own goals and achieve them." - (Napoleon Hill)
Probably you are reading this article with your phone or laptop that was charged with electric light. You know that Thomas A. Edison gave the first practical electric light to the world. But did you know that Edison was thrown out of school in the early grades after his teacher decided he had an "addled" mind and could not take schooling? This then was the impact of another person's opinion upon Thomas-Edison- to let him know with the voice of authority that he didn't have what it takes to absorb even a primary education! Where would we have been if he had allowed this directive to take charge of his thinking? So also it was with Napoleon Hill. Napoleon Hill lost his mom at the tender age of eight and was made to live with his relatives. To them and his father, he was a problem child who would never accomplish anything save, perhaps a life of crime. Then a certain woman came upon the scene and changed his life.
That woman was his step-mother. Long before she arrived, Napoleon had be thoroughly conditioned by his relatives to hate her. She arrived, and his father brought her to his house where the relatives had gathered to meet her. His father introduced her all around. At length, he found Napoleon where he stood in a corner. "And here" said his father "is your stepson, Napoleon, beyond doubt the meanest boy in Wise County. We don't expect much good from him. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts throwing rocks at you by tomorrow morning." But the name Napoleon Hill doesn't need further introduction today because he decided not to listen to the negative voice of authority.
One of the great opera stars of all time, Madame Schumann-Heink, as a young girl went to a music teacher to have her voice tested. He listened a few minutes, then said brusquely: That's enough! Go back to your sewing machine. You may become a first- class seamstress, A singer, no! Remember, that was the voice of authority speaking. The girl could have been forgiven for deciding then and there that she would never sing again. Yet she had! and kept possession of her own mind. She became all the more determined that she would learn to sing and to sing well. This she did, and the world became richer.
Authorities in your life may be your parents, spiritual leaders, mentors, teachers, office boss, friends, boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife, etc. but never you give them the authority over your mind. You may not be able to stop them from saying whatever they like, but you have the right not to listen to them. Let me end this article with a quote by Stephen R. Covey; author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. "If the only vision we have of ourselves comes from the social mirror- from the current social paradigm and from the opinions, perceptions, and paradigms of the people around us - our view of ourselves is like the reflection in the crazy mirror room at the carnival."
Succeed You Must
(c) Johnspeak Uwangue Motivational Speaker, Talent and Life Coach.
Johnspeak is solving complex issues through the wisdom of God, his personal experiences and in depth researches in the affairs of individuals, organizations and nations.
For more enquiries, please contact Johnspeaklife@gmail.com

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

5 Things Before Marriage / 4 reasons good people cheat / Nigerian Man Set To Wed His 2 Brides In Delta State, Releases Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.